Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Allergies as a disability...

The nightmare continues....

Mommy bloggers are going to love this one.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

I have a friend whose niece has major food sensitivities--celiac, and chocolate, and a whole bunch of things. And she gets really, truly sick--dying in the hospital sick. If she were to be cut off from food she can it, it would be a disaster for her. I imagine it's disabling.

AFAIC, as long as I don't have to eat their fake cake, it's fine with me if people get food they can eat when they leave the house.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

This morning at the bagel shop, this mom came in with her kids to order a variety of bagel sandwiches with different spreads. She requested one poppy seed bagel, but told the guy behind the counter that the poppy seed bagel must go in a separate bag because her son is allergic to poppy seeds. As well, she ordered an everything bagel, which contains poppy seeds, and ordered that that go in the separate bag with the poppy seed bagel. She repeated this several times to make sure the guy heard her. As some have pointed out, this is almost a form of Munchausen syndrome by proxy, with the mothers almost contriving these ridiculous allergies, and then coming off as martyr mother for saving their kids from having an allergic reaction.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

I tend to WANT items all in the same bag at such places, but unless I remember to specify that, they're bagged separately automatically it seems.

I don't see Mommy Poppy as being all that unreasonable though. I would replied after she repeated it, "Poppy and Everything separate. Got It!"

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!