Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Question for Psychologist.

A friend was asked to give the name of a person to contact In Case of Emergency. When I suggested his sister, he said "what if she's not home when they call?" He's also afraid police won't be able to find him in a car accident if the GPS on his cell fails. On another occasion, he asked for advice of three people. Each suggestion was rejected for no reason that seemed logical to us.

Is there a name for this condition?

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2013

No, but there is one for yours....

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

Police have to deal with this issue frequently. What happens when the person named as "in case of emergency" moves and changes their contact numbers? Just as when you sign to be a tissue and marrow donor, if there's a match they have professionals that will find you, if you can be found.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

r2, OP here. My point was him not knowing that someone else in his sister's house would answer or the machine would take the message. Friends are concerned there's something wrong with his thought process lately.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

wow

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

Sounds like an anxiety disorder.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

[quote] A friend was asked to give the name of a person to contact In Case of Emergency. When I suggested his sister, he said "what if she's not home when they call?"

She doesn't have a cell phone?

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

Your friend seems to not grasp the meaning of "who to call in the case of an emergency." It is merely a nice way of saying"who collects the corpse."

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2013

He is just loaded with fear, as so many people are these days. I feel for these people, as it runs them, and they are stuck in their fears all the time, making choices based on irrational fear. These people never actually feel safe and secure unltess every little detail is covered and accounted for.

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2013

Tell him his insane OCD and anxiety and slap him hard. Then slap yourself for bothering us about this "friend."

by Anonymousreply 901/23/2013

Worry wort.

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2013

It is called General Anxiety Disorder or GAD. We snow them.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.