Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Inexplicable experiences

Do you ever have one of those creepy experiences that you just can't find an explanation for? Please share.

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2013

Not that I remember but I think this could be an interesting thread if some people would start posting.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

Yes. I saw Marissa Tomei win a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for "My Cousin Vinny". Can't explain it to this day.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

Yes, and I actually posted about this when it happened on Datalounge and everyone made fun of me.

A candle in my living room lit itself one morning.

I have tea lights in plain holders scattered around the house. But I have one in a very pretty red glass holder with gold designs on it that I just love. I think it's from India. I a bunch of tea lights burning one Saturday night. I blew them all out before I went to bed. The next morning I came downstairs, everything was fine. Nothing was amiss. Some time later I went back upstairs to take a shower. When I passed through the living room I noticed that the tea light in the red holder was burning. I called out to my partner to ask if he had lit it but he was just as perplexed as I was.

Now, how is that possible? Even if I had forgot to blow that one out it would have burnt itself out in a couple of hours. And it wasn't burning when I came down in the morning.

Since then every time I blow out a tea light I observe that the flame goes out fully and quickly. There's no little spark. They definitely go out. So what excuse is there that this one tea light lit itself or flamed up again?

My partner thinks it was one of his dead parents saying hello. Probably his mother, considering that she chose the prettiest candle holder.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

Yes, it involved Bunny Bixler and a ping pong ball.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

OP, I just thought of something last night.

When I was high school age, don't remember what age, before dinner at home I was going to throwing a can or something into the recycling bin in the garage. The door to the garage was at the front of the house. The recycle bin was right outside the door so I could just open and toss. My parents were in the kitchen.

Well, I opened the door, and the garage was dark, but I heard something shuffling, as if I had just stopped someone in mid step. And I saw an outline of a person. I heard movement, but it was too dark. I slammed the door and stood there terrified. Then, the doorknob started to shake as if someone was touching it. I slammed hard on the door with my open palm about 10 times and ran away. The weirdest part is that my parents didn't even notice the banging. I don't remember what happened next, this was in the late 96 or 97. I don't know if I told my dad. Or if anybody went to check. I didn't even hear whomever or what it was leave through the outside garage door. It just...disappeared.

The house was only 10 years old, we built it. It was built in a development next to a park in a field, so there's no cemeteries. And even though I believe in ghosts, there had never been a paranormal experience in that house and to this day still nothing of the sort. I have no idea what happened. Maybe it was an attempted home invasion, I have no idea. I'd rather it be a ghost than a burglar.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

Bump for weirdness.

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

I'm fifty-two,and finally saw an aura around a person ( without drugs!). I was at an A.A. Meeting in Florida about six months ago and the speaker had a very bright and pronounced white/iridescent glow around him the whole time he was at the podium.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

At my grandmother's house (originally built in the late 1800s), every single time I went up the back stairs to the upstairs bathroom, it always felt like someone was right behind me. This happened from the time I was small even into my early 20s. When I got older, my brother and my three cousins all said they felt the same way. My mom said whenever she was alone in the house growing up, she felt like someone was watching her.

My sister-in-law then experienced it, and she is a skeptic who doesn't believe in anything paranormal. She said she was sure someone was behind her and thinking it was my brother, she turned to talk to him and no one was there. It scared the hell out of her. Something was in that house. Too many people had the same experience. What it was, I don't know. No one ever saw an apparition of any kind.

My grandmother died when I was in my mid-20s. I went back to the house one last time before it was sold. Whatever it was wasn't there anymore. I said this to my mom and she agreed, she never felt that presence again after my grandmother died.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

I was once sitting on the toilet having an imaginary conversation with my high school friends about green poop.

When I got up I had green poop for only the second or third time in my life.

Seriously, I know it's weird, but it is such an odd coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

Harry Reid agreeing to a fillibuster deal with Mitch McConnell that keeps the democrats as gelded as ever.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

R9 = spoilsport

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

OK I'll bite. A few times in our old house, my husband and I felt the presence of someone else. Once I was in bed doing a crossword puzzle while he was having a bath. A while later he came out and asked me, "what did you want?" Puzzled, I asked what he was talking about, as I hadn't left the bed while he was in the bath. He said he'd heard a heavy pounding on the bathroom door and told me to come in. It was odd. This was the same house where we both often "saw" someone passing by. I never felt threatened, though I felt like we were sharing our living space with someone. It was such a dump, I was delighted to move. But THAT's a story for another day.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

I swear to God when I was a kid, I once bumped into "myself", like a doppleganger, walking around a hallway corner when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 1401/25/2013

I had used every trick in my play book to steal the election in Ohio last November. It was a done deal. Voter suppression, rigged voting machines, hacking the computers tabulating the votes. Then the networks called Ohio for Obama. It just wasn't possible! I demanded that the networks reverse their call, but they wouldn't, not even Fox. To this day I have not figured out what happened.

by Anonymousreply 1501/25/2013

I was in a really depressed state a few years ago, and was contemplating suicide. One morning I went to an isolated spot in the park nearby, a spot I'd normally go to just to think. Well, there was another guy there that morning. He started making conversation, and revealed that he too was there contemplating suicide. He was in a much worse psychological state than I was. We sat there and chatted for a good two hours about our lives and about our issues. We talked each other out of taking our lives. We still keep in touch.

I'm not sure I believe in god, but I can't believe that our meeting was totally random. Something, whether a god or some type of energy, some kind of force, was at play that morning. I can't explain it, but I refuse to believe that was a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

I was talking to my Dad on the phone and told him I thought I had a hemorrhoid (I had carried a heavy bag of cat food up two flights of stairs). He said, "Oh, I can't wait to tell your Mom!". It turns out my Mom had dreamt that I asked her to look at my asshole because something felt weird.

by Anonymousreply 1701/25/2013

R16, that's an amazing anecdote.

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2013

r18, what about mine?

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013

I awoke to find a dead relative standing at the foot of my bed, some time after the funeral. She was bathed in light. We spoke briefly - that's private. Half of me says it was just a dream fuelled by grief... half of me cannot reconcile the intensity or peace of it with just a grief stricken dream. Whatever it was, it helped a lot. I still grieved but there was some reconciliation to the loss as well. I will say I've never had anything happen like it since.

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!