Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is coke or pepsi good for you?

Your sentiments on their products? My mom told me if you put a shark teeth in a tub of coke, it will disolve in about a week.

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013

So will bologna. 2nd grade science experiment.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

I hardly ever drink soda...but if have an upset stomach ginger ale or regular coke makes it better.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

Stop trolling, OP.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

Of course it is not good for you. You knew that before you asked.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

It can't be that bad if it hasn't been banned as a corrosive. How many people have you heard of that died of Coke or Pepsi? None. So stop it.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

R2, Used to occasionally drink ginger ale until I found that it also contains a massive amount of high-fructose corn syrup, and at the very latest is just wasted calories and money. Try mint tea instead for an upset stomach.

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

It's not bad, but it's not good either. Bad for your teeth, and too much leads to weight gain and diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2013

There's a lot of profit to be made from Pepsi and Coke. And that's the real reason it hasn't been banned. Along with corn syrup and sugar (oh, excuse me, I meant to say evaporated cane syrup), which are actual poisons to the body.

Does sugar (and fake sugar) kill people? Yes, yes, yes. Absolutely. A slow, miserable death with lots of falling apart along the way. Soda pop is not good for anyone.

Ginger tea is better for stomach upset than ginger ale. They don't make real ginger ale anymore (except in health food stores). Ginger ale these days is made from synthetic flavorings which are cheaper. But it's quite easy to just buy ginger tea, which is the real thing, or just by ginger root, and slice a little into hot water.

Use stevia or xylitol instead of sugar. And raw honey to add to tea.

I buy plain bubbly waters (that have actual mineral content) and drink a lot of it. It's a great substitute. I like the Apollinaris brand. I know they don't harm em at all and might even support me a little with the minerals.

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2013

Yeah I assume the OP is trolling. It is nothing but sugar and chemical flavorings. It is literally completely devoid of any nutritional value.

by Anonymousreply 901/23/2013

Coke makes a helluva douche. Pepsi has less fizz, so it's not quite as tingly up there.

by Anonymousreply 1001/25/2013

for god's sake, Jan, I'm not gonna walk around with a mouthful of coke for a week

by Anonymousreply 1101/25/2013

[quote] Ginger tea is better for stomach upset than ginger ale

ginger tablets are also very good (whole foods sells them). Even ginger Altoids help with nausea

by Anonymousreply 1201/25/2013

Drinking club soda is the best for an upset stomach.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

I had to get my two front teeth bonded because of the wear from drinking so much pop.

by Anonymousreply 1401/25/2013

Put another way r4, the OP troll is asking a rhetorical question.

by Anonymousreply 1501/25/2013

Anonyumpy posting again.

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

My high school chemistry teacher hated Coke, so he put a tooth in a glass of Coke and left it out until it dissolved.

One of the kids brought in milk and orange juice and did the same experiment. Teeth actually dissolved faster in milk and orange juice than in the Coke.

by Anonymousreply 1701/25/2013

Peppermint tea is great for an upset stomach. Avoid ginger ale because of the corn syrup

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2013

I used to drink coke like it was going out of style when I was a teen. like a 6 pack a day. Parents couldn't stop me, but I did switch to diet at least.

I am now 50 years old and I polish off about a 2 liter bottle a day no problem. I have no health problems, have all my teeth, people say I look younger then I am and I don't have a weight problem.

Is it good for me? No. Is it bad? Only in the sense that water would be better.

That BS about fake sugar (aspartame) is just that bullshit. 30 years later, they have never proved anyone got brain cancer or gained more weight like you here over and over from the teetotalers.

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!