Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Stamos & Mark Consuelos on "The New Normal"

They were great. In the show the whole cast was trying to figure out if Stamos' character & Consuelos' character were gay or straight.

Fun!

by Anonymousreply 3301/24/2013

You mean like in life...

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

Here's a link to the whole episode:

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

I saw the last minute of it and the close up of Ellen Barkin's face had to be seen to be believed. Is plastic surgery some sort of atosadomasochistic phenomena?

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

atosadomasochistic?

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

Actually, I thought she looked fabulous after her makeover.

Loved her haircut.

That "gown" was beautiful as well.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

If that is your idea of fun you might enjoy playing with a dead puppy

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

#s still falling.

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2013

I want a clip of Mark Consuelos saying, "I'm gay, I'm gay!" on an endless loop on my computer.

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2013

I like both GO ON and THE NEW NORMAL.

NN is the first time Ryan Murphy has succeeded in writing coherent long-term story. Whether he can continue after the baby is born, well, that's another matter.

GO is the first post-FRIENDS show I've liked enough to watch every week with any of the Friends--the first one that doesn't remind me of the shows NBC used to stick in the sling between FRIENDS and SEINFELD, year after year.

by Anonymousreply 901/23/2013

The little girl read lines too fast.

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2013

I enjoyed the episode with Matt Bomer, but not last night. The characters played by John and Mark would be idiots not to understand the 'see if he's gay' game they played.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2013

At least they didn't try the test we used in high school: check the bottom of your foot, your nails, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1201/23/2013

[quote]NN is the first time Ryan Murphy has succeeded in writing coherent long-term story.

Says someone who can't write a coherent sentence.

by Anonymousreply 1301/23/2013

What is wrong with that sentence, R13?

by Anonymousreply 1401/23/2013

Not R13, but you're missing an indefinite article.

by Anonymousreply 1501/23/2013

I want to like this show, having a gay couple who actually act like a couple at the core is very refreshing. But yeah it just isn't that great to me. This last episode was a great example. The argument about the christening outfit was silly and the gay or not gay plot just reveled in dumb stereotypes even though they tried to do that as a lesson it still seemed a very stereotyped message.

Stamos looked great though.

by Anonymousreply 1601/23/2013

Barkin has calmed down a bit which makes her more tolerable. The first few episodes were like she was doing Medea or something.

by Anonymousreply 1701/23/2013

Ryan Murphy can write one season of a series. It's the second season and subsequent ones where he fucks up.

He fixed that problem with American Horror Story. It's essentially a brand new show every season. No sophomore slump ever.

by Anonymousreply 1801/23/2013

Normal is kind of having a freshman slump.

by Anonymousreply 1901/23/2013

The New Normal has many moments of true brilliance. I pray that NBC lets it stay on long enough to truly gel and to find its audience.

The XY Factor episode was one of the most wonderful episodes of television I have ever seen,though there was one sentence in it which I did not like. But we need the special moments this show often provides.

by Anonymousreply 2001/23/2013

The show may have started off with decent ratings, but it is currently NOT a hit. The ratings have been on a steady decline for weeks with last night reaching a series low. It will still probably be picked up for a second season, but it's not doing well right now by any stretch.

by Anonymousreply 2201/23/2013

They're bad R23. The 18-49 Rating Share, which helps determine commercial pricing, is down the toilet. They hit a 1.2 last night (with only 3.27 mill viewers) down from the previous series low of 1.4 Rating Share last week.

The New Normal has slipped steadily throughout the season. On October 9th they were at a 2.0; Go On had a 2.8 as the lead in, so the drop off is worrisome with such a nice lead-in.

To compare to other 30 min comedies: Modern Family regularly scores around a 4.7, How I Met Your Mother 3.7, 2 Broke Girls 3.9, Mike and Molly 3.3. New Normal is only saved by the fact that it's on the struggling NBC. Any other network would have canned it.

by Anonymousreply 2401/23/2013

R24, NBC got a 1.3/3 for the entire network last week so a 1.2/3 is kinda average for the network.

And yes, we're talking 18-49.

But the trend line for 'The New Normal' is definitely down, which has to worry NBC.

by Anonymousreply 2501/23/2013

Remember the days of an NBC thirty share?

by Anonymousreply 2601/23/2013

If its renewed it will be because NBC has decided to create a big comedy block and needs to fill it up.

I would be surprised with a fall renewal, maybe Midseason at best.

by Anonymousreply 2701/24/2013

No one has 30 shares anymore. Too many viewing options. 30 shares happened back in the days of three networks, a handful of independents, and no cable.

by Anonymousreply 2801/24/2013

Part of the problem is that the show has no other storyline that needs to reach a conclusion other than the pregnancy. They introduced Nana trying to change and get a new life, then dropped it. Then they occasionally skirt the possibility of having Goldie have a romantic interest, before dropping that too.

It's become a 'problem of the week' sitcom. If you miss an ep, it's unlikely you'll need to catch up on it later to understand what's happening.

by Anonymousreply 2901/24/2013

I disagree, R28. Thirty shares happened when America was being entertained by comedy legends like Steven Webber and Amy Yasbeck.

by Anonymousreply 3001/24/2013

It would actually be better for Andrew Rannells if "The New Normal" gets cancelled because then he'd be able to return to "Girls." Smaller role but more highbrow and buzz worthy.

by Anonymousreply 3101/24/2013

R31, has he already been written out of Season 2 of Girls?

by Anonymousreply 3201/24/2013

R15: Oh, that. No article needed.

"Long-term story" is a term of art specific to TV writing. It means the story outline for a year, maybe longer, from which more detailed episode outlines, plot breakdowns and, eventually, scripts are written. It doesn't mean a story in the sense of a short story.

by Anonymousreply 3301/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.