Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How will Hillary Clinton do in her Benghazi testimony today?

The Republicans, Sen. Rand Paul in particular, are hoping to score some points against her.

by Anonymousreply 9901/28/2013

She will do fine.

She will take responsibility for things that were in the purview of her department, honor those who died, laud State employees, mention changes made from lessons learned, and point out the Republican House-imposed cuts in security funding that contributed to the deaths.

She will not address the hangover legacy of Bush policies that have left a negative operating environment in the region nor the limited but hard-won progress made in repairing that damage.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

Good post, R1. Hope you are writing for Hillary because you covered all the points with honesty and class.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

She went off on one of the fuckers and that made me happy. If anyone listens to this, they will know that our lazy congress is truely to blame for the whole situation.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

Republican politicians should all be hung by their tits, until dead.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

I have always hated John McCain, he is nothing more then a turd, taking up space.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

I'm betting Lindsey Graham is jerking off listening to McCain bloviate.

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

what r1 said

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2013

Another vote for what R1 said

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2013

McCain. I think Hillary Clinton respects him but I do not. Either he is having a problem with dementia or he's just being his normal partisan self...not caring to hear the truth.

by Anonymousreply 901/23/2013

She was very emotional at one point, genuinely so.

She must be near blind... those glasses are as thick as the perspex in the day room here at my mental hospital.

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2013

She KICKED ASS and will again in an hour when she faces an even dumber, meaner group from the House.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2013

R3, what did Hillary say?

by Anonymousreply 1201/23/2013

Rand Paul is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 1301/23/2013

As is John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 1401/23/2013

Round Two, Hillary versus the tea party House, starts in less than an hour!!

by Anonymousreply 1501/23/2013

No worries.

by Anonymousreply 1601/23/2013

Hillary "listening" to Rand Paul as he told her that he would have fired her if he were President.

by Anonymousreply 1701/23/2013

Love it, r17!

by Anonymousreply 1801/23/2013

This is awesome!

"When Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) tried to patronize Hillary Clinton into agreeing with him that the government intentionally and deliberately misled the American people into thinking that Benghazi was the result of riots and not a random terrorist attack, she answered his questions politely ... but only for a while. The fireworks start at 2:07, and you don't want to miss what happens from 3:08 onward. "

by Anonymousreply 1901/23/2013

Bill is so totally going to try to get with her tonight.

I'm turned on! She is excellent when she's excellent. And I don't know whether that was a purposeful 'see me as Commander in Chief' moment or an 'I am so out of here you Tea Party fuckers' moment. Either way, great stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2001/23/2013

she rocks, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 2101/23/2013

Balls galore. She is fucking tired of the Right's bullshit.

Well, you're not the president Rand.

by Anonymousreply 2201/23/2013

Rand Paul was an utter asshole. Hillary gave it right back to him. She did great.

by Anonymousreply 2301/23/2013

She should have drawn a sword on Rand Paul and gutted him.

by Anonymousreply 2401/23/2013

Who's talking to her now, the guy with the glasses?

by Anonymousreply 2501/23/2013

The guy asking now is AWFUL!!!

by Anonymousreply 2601/23/2013

Ok the guy talking now is INSANE>>>!!!

She may go off..

by Anonymousreply 2701/23/2013

That Representative Duncan from South Carolina was an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 2801/23/2013

What is it about South Carolina politicians?? Since the first Continental Congress they are always obstructionist assholes.

by Anonymousreply 2901/23/2013

they are racists & haters.

by Anonymousreply 3001/23/2013

I love how Republicans keep pretending about this. This is so fucking dumb.

by Anonymousreply 3101/23/2013

These Republicans really are demonstrating why they should never be allowed to be in charge of anything.

by Anonymousreply 3201/23/2013

It's a specially designed spy/laser cam. If needed she could zap a deadly ray at an approaching enemy.

by Anonymousreply 3401/23/2013

Hillary is always at her best when she's under pressure. I agree with the above poster that Republicans should not be allowed to be in charge of anything. Watching those jerkoffs at this hearing only reinforces that. God, what a bunch of obstructionist assholes, and South Carolina should just be nuked.

by Anonymousreply 3501/23/2013

I think the current Republicans are excellent. They don't bear scrutiny. That either further damages the party that is or will force a better party than exists now. Either way, it's good for the country in the bigger scheme of things, though obviously it will be another four years of Republican histrionics.

by Anonymousreply 3601/23/2013

When speaking to Hillary Clinton, the republicans all seem like children having tantrums. Honestly, so many terrible things happened under George Bush and not one of them ever had a problem with any of it.

by Anonymousreply 3701/23/2013

I'm sick of Rand Paul being referred to as a Presidential contender by CNN as if he's in the same league as Hillary or some of the other genuine contenders out there.

The guy is a loser and an idiot and is not half the man his father is. At least his father has some intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 3801/23/2013

[quote]Hillary is always at her best when she's under pressure.

This is true. I noticed that during Whitewater -- whether or not you like her, she can be impressive.

by Anonymousreply 3901/23/2013

She shut down ALL of those rightwing teabagging douchebags. They kept asking her the same questions over and over, they don't care about facts or truth. I could've punched McCain's sour, ugly mug a billion times and Rand Paul's a delusional idiot to even imagine he could be President.

by Anonymousreply 4001/23/2013

Rand Paul has a father? I always thought he was the product of some reptilian mating process, probably linked to Roswell.

by Anonymousreply 4101/23/2013

Damn, Hillary was amazing today. No one in either party could have done what she did, the way she did it--not even Bill.

Still: I may have missed it, but did she say anything about the fundamental unfairness displayed toward Susan Rice, left to twist in the wind for over three months?

I've always liked Hillary more than Bill, but I didn't understand why she refused to go on the Sunday chat shows to put out State's POV on the massacre. From what I understand, Rice as UN Ambassador had no standing or inside info to do anything other than what she did, which was to issue a statement prepared by someone at State. Why couldn't Hillary send her second in command or other State Dept official? She shouldn't have put Rice in that position, IMO.

When I first heard about Benghazi, I immediately told my Dad, "This is 100% on the Republicans; they flat out REFUSED to allocate sufficient security funds for the embassy." I was certain Hillary, Obama, and every fucking Dem surrogate were gonna SLAM the Repubs in no uncertain terms, and even low-information voters would know the score.

But that never happened, and I just don't get why.

by Anonymousreply 4301/23/2013

Hillary was fantastic but I do wish she would've spoken up more about Susan Rice during the time she was being raked over the coals by McCain and the other rightwing nutbags.

by Anonymousreply 4401/23/2013

She trounced them.

by Anonymousreply 4501/23/2013

Did I hear correctly? Did Rand Paul ask if the US was funneling weapons to the Libyan rebels through TURKEY????

by Anonymousreply 4601/23/2013

This was theater for many reasons. The little twerp Rand Paul wants the teabaggers to see how fierce he is because he yelled at Hillary and what a great President he will make because of that. (Same with most of the winguts). They know that this is their first shot at ruining Hillary's legacy if she runs in 2016, so fuck the facts, it's a chance to take her down in public.

But Hillary knows her shit and she's smart as the dickens. She knows the country approves of her. It's her chance to show the base that she still will not take shit and she doesn't sink into the swamp like the mouthbreathers in the room.

Guess who won this round?

by Anonymousreply 4701/23/2013

yes he did.

by Anonymousreply 4801/23/2013

Did anyone see McCain smile his knowing smile when a democrat mentioned the embarrassing debacle, The Iraq War?

Seriously, what a fake motherfucker. He knew Hillary had done nothing wrong, he was just putting on a little show.

by Anonymousreply 4901/23/2013

Ooh, she gave them a BEAT DOWN.

Hillary PWNED them.

Hillary 1, Rethuglicans -20.

by Anonymousreply 5001/23/2013

You'd think she started a war against another country on bad intelligence...

by Anonymousreply 5101/23/2013

It's really disingenuous of them to try and create a false equivalency between Benghazi and 9/11. It not only seems as if they have no sense of scale but also makes them look like total hypocrites. Commentators kept going on about how long it's taken her to appear before the committee but it's only been 4 months. Bush did even appoint the 9/11 Commission until 14 months after the event and they didn't even begin hearings for another 5 months after that.

Also, I thought the worst tragedy to befall Americans since 9/11 was Hurricane Katrina where over 1800 Americans lost their lives. Benghazi, while tragic and unfortunate, doesn't even compare to that.

by Anonymousreply 5201/23/2013

Good points r52

by Anonymousreply 5301/23/2013

Rand Paul is a sniveling moron.

by Anonymousreply 5401/23/2013

Those right wing idiots on CNN Jake Tapper and Fran Townsend are making a big deal out of Hillary saying "what difference does it make?" and trying to imply that she's being cold and callous. They know DAMN well what she meant by that statement. Tapper said that comment is going to hurt Hillary. Only with idiotic teabaggers, not anyone with a brain.

by Anonymousreply 5501/23/2013

We know Repugs are childish morons.

Good for Hilary for taking them to the cleaners!

by Anonymousreply 5601/23/2013

They asked nor demanded one question about 9/11, WMD, Iraq when Bush boy was in office.

This was a non-story. I can't even understand it. They might as well ask her how much she charged for lunch.

It really shows how isolated the Right is. This was Fox Noise talking points, which have no facts behind them. When Hillary kept pointing out that they didn't know what the hell they were talking about, how things actually work, they had nothing to shoot back at her. They weren't told how to respond to her responses. It was unreal. They're just too easy these days. Hillary and the Dems all look professional. The Right looks trash, like little kids who are in over their heads.

Republicans lost any credibility on foreign policy a long time ago. The Dems own the issue. They've been talking about this for years. No one ever thought it would happen.

by Anonymousreply 5701/23/2013

[quote] Did Rand Paul ask if the US was funneling weapons to the Libyan rebels through TURKEY

Not quite.

He asked if the US was shipping weapons TO Turkey FROM Libya.

It's a dog whistle to the conspiritheorists who believe the US is arming Syrian rebels via Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 5801/23/2013

Your dingleberries are exposed, R59.

by Anonymousreply 6001/23/2013

When I watched again this evening, it occurred to me: These nimrods were Hillary's peers just four years s ago! Today it was striking, the difference between Hillary and our Senators/Representatives; it was like watching Shaquille O'Neal against a fourth grader in a pickup game. Obama was so wise to pick HRC and Biden for his team.

[italic]Elle est formidable![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 6101/24/2013

True.

They looked like little boys in comparison to Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 6201/24/2013

Anyone who thinks Hillary Clinton is a clueless moron just marginalises themselves beyond the fringes. Sadly there were all too many conservative women on Twitter sticking the knife in her, to impress the knuckle dragging men demonising rape victims and not taking responsibility for birth control to whom they're attracted.

She handled everything that was thrown at her, maintaining her dignity throughout. It was a master class on the role of the Secy of State, the State Dept., current U.S. foreign policy and trouble spots throughout the world. And you could tell those dumb conservative reps were just thinking, "Grrr...we should just be bombing those places!" What a massive fuck-up our foreign policy was during the Bush years. And I'm looking at you Condi Rice - a woman who had none of the breadth of knowledgr or interest that Hillary Clinton does in the world.

by Anonymousreply 6301/24/2013

On a completely different note, she looks great considering just a few weeks ago many were hoping that her blood clot wouldn't make a turn for the worse. She looked refreshed and ecstatic to take on the repugs.

I can't wait to vote for her. Her country needs her.

by Anonymousreply 6401/24/2013

R43, Hillary wanted to wait and see what the Accountiblity Review Board (ARB) found pertaining to all the facts and circumstances surrounding the Bengazi incident.

There were also intelligence and security factors which could not be made public surrounding Bengazi, so Hillary would not have been able to give a full account at the time.

That is why she didn't go on the Sunday talk shows right after Bengazi happened.

by Anonymousreply 6501/24/2013

R64, I hope Hillary runs in 2016 too, but there's no way of knowing yet whether she will.

Isn't a risk to get our hopes up before knowing what she decides?

by Anonymousreply 6601/24/2013

It's hilarious that the response to this whole debacle yesterday is how tough Hillary was, and how dumb the Republicans were, not to mention their rudeness. All the Democrats now that didn't like her, love her, and have since post-2008. Someone was really funny yesterday. They said that if you think this thing was the toughest battle Hillary's ever gone up against, you have no clue who she is. They said it was a cakewalk for her. It also showed how incompetent the Right is, not to mention introduced a lot of the country to their reign of simpletons in power. The Dems were all mature, as was Hillary, Republicans were these out of control, temper-tantrum throwing third graders. Republicans actually shot themselves in the foot. They can't score political points anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 6701/24/2013

She should have told all those jerks who are out to pin the mess on her to "fuck off." That's what. They're looking to blame someone, because it's Congress' fault for cutting security funding. Clinton warned them about cutting the funding. It's Congress who's to blame.

Like with what happened to Bill Clinton, there are assholes in high places who smeared him when he left and they're up to their old tricks again smearing Hillary as she leaves.

Those senators you saw grilling Hillary Clinton today are all corrupt and responsible, along with the FBI and CIA who should have been guarding those people who were killed.

They're using Mrs. Clinton as a Fall Guy for their corruption and carelessness, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 6801/24/2013

trying to use her, but not succeeding....

by Anonymousreply 6901/24/2013

R67, I don't know any Democrats who didn't always like Hilary.

by Anonymousreply 7001/24/2013

R42/59 - Libertarian Idiot Alert.

by Anonymousreply 7101/24/2013

She killed it.

Their hopes were dashed.

They thought they would do some serious political damage to her future aspirations.

It didn't happen.

Ha ha ha ha hah!!!

by Anonymousreply 7201/24/2013

I have no idea if this is true. The Amb. knew it was unsafe there and did not have to be there. He should have taken his own warning. THEN what I read was he was actually at that consulate because he boyfriend was there.

by Anonymousreply 7301/24/2013

Here is this and many many similar links

by Anonymousreply 7401/24/2013

I have always loved Hillary. But she needs to curb her “you know”s. She resorts to them only under duress. I noticed them particularly during her campaign. They make her sound hesitant, nervous, and unsure. Why isn’t some advisor counting them and telling her?

by Anonymousreply 7501/24/2013

The stupid NEVER stops

[bold] Hannity: Sec. Clinton's Anger At Benghazi Hearing Was "Staged, Probably At The Direction Of" James Carville [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 7601/24/2013

"They're using Mrs. Clinton as a Fall Guy for their corruption..."

I like what you guys have written here, but please give Hillary her TITLE. It's Secretary Clinton. It used to be Senator Clinton. Before the 2001, "Mrs" was appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 7701/24/2013

[quote]Before the 2001, "Mrs" was appropriate.

And before 1992, she was Ms. Rodham.

by Anonymousreply 7801/24/2013

Good point, but she was actually Ms. Rodham before 1982. She changed her name to Clinton when he ran again for AK governor.

by Anonymousreply 7901/24/2013

AR. AK is Alaska.

I'm from Little Rock. My parents knew her during her time at the Rose Law Firm. Until he ran for president, she was "Hillary Rodham," at least professionally.

by Anonymousreply 8001/24/2013

Which is very normal for female attorneys who marry after law school. My partner goes by her maiden name and my male partner's wife uses hers.

by Anonymousreply 8101/24/2013

Darling, Hillary was born in 1947. She intended to keep her real name, Rodham. She only changed it -- way after law school, btw -- to help Bill in his quest for the governorship in '82. He was voted out in 1980 because he was perceived to be too left-wing. Having a feminist wife scared the shit out of those Arkansans, so Hillary pretended she wasn't one. Hence the name change.

by Anonymousreply 8201/24/2013

[quote] My partner goes by her maiden name and my male partner's wife uses hers.

Are you your own grandpa?

by Anonymousreply 8301/24/2013

zzzzzz re: the name change. who cares? in her current iteration as secretary of state SHE ROCKS!!

by Anonymousreply 8401/24/2013

I was pretty upset that Susan Rice was thrown under the bus, but Hillary totally redeemed herself in my eyes. Her forceful defense of Ambassador Rice and assertive pushback against her detractors on the panel were masterful.

by Anonymousreply 8501/24/2013

Didn't Repugs disapprove of funding for more?

by Anonymousreply 8701/24/2013

Hillary handled herself brilliantly. This hearing really exposed all of the Republicans in the House as as the reactionary mental midgets they are. We really don't have the goverment we deserve. Watching the Republicans in all their ineptutude made me angry that these idiots have political power.

by Anonymousreply 8801/24/2013

Keep fucking that chicken, R86.

by Anonymousreply 8901/24/2013

"zzzzzz re: the name change. who cares? in her current iteration as secretary of state SHE ROCKS!!"

R84, can you read? It's about giving Hillary HER TITLE. Secretary Clinton instead of "Mrs." Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 9001/24/2013

What r86 said.

Sometimes America's enemies, whether they be Osama Bin Laden, Timothy McVeigh, or whoever those attackers were at Benghazi, succeed at killing us.

by Anonymousreply 9101/24/2013

She basically called them all bitches and invited them to her ass.

by Anonymousreply 9201/24/2013

r91 the GOP has turned the Benghazi tragedy into a sideshow and a political attack on the Obama Admin. There are legitimate concerns about what happened, but none of the GOP are interested in those fact-finding. It was a petty attempt to stir up their base with unfounded conspiracy. Watch what Rand Paul did. "If I had been President...." What?! Anther partisan GOP threw out the term "death trap."

What information did anyone of the GOP questioners seek that was helpful to the committee. None. Silly, stupid, partisan attacks is all they had.

When the GOP set up a circus, Hillary just had to toy with the clowns. There were no adults in the GOP House. None.

by Anonymousreply 9301/24/2013

"Yeah, but she still didn't answer the real (not freeper) question about why a US Embassy in a hot spot had only two security guards."

It was a consulate, not an embassy. They are lower on the security list.

by Anonymousreply 9401/24/2013

Hillary stonewalled and deflected on difficult questions.

She was very masterful at deflecting by talking extensively about being transparent, etc and filling time with words while never answering some of the questions.

I really admire Hillary so I'm not saying this from a point of disliking her,

by Anonymousreply 9501/24/2013

R85, I don't think Hillary defended Susan Rice at the hearings. I read that she didn't defend Susan Rice at all.

I listened to 95 percent of the hearings yesterday and I didn't hear Hillary defend Susan Rice. She barely mentioned Susan Rice.

I heard her say that it wasn't unusual for Susan Rice to be a representative for the administration on the Sunday talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 9601/24/2013

[quote]Yeah, but she still didn't answer the real (not freeper) question about why a US Embassy in a hot spot had only two security guards.

Benghazi does not have a US Embassy but a Consulate; don't take this as a dig but the two aren't interchangeable. Consulates can have as few as 5 people in the entire mission; as a smaller outpost, 2 security guards in Benghazi may have seemed adequate at the time.

by Anonymousreply 9701/24/2013

She killed them.

The Daily show was all over it.

by Anonymousreply 9801/28/2013

[quote]Yeah, but she still didn't answer the real (not freeper) question about why a US Embassy in a hot spot had only two security guards.

Yes she did.

Congress and Senate has not approved funds for more security.

by Anonymousreply 9901/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.