Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Am I drinking too much?

Half a bottle of vodka a day. 750 ml bottle.

by Anonymousreply 4401/25/2013

Are you enjoying it?

If not, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

How long can you go without it?

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

Yes, especially since you probably drink twice as much as that.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

Kill me now!

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

No, I think you should increase your intake immediately.

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

Not that this is a serious question or anything, but that is almost 13 drinks per day which is a tad on the high side.

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2013

Yes, you're an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2013

It depends on how fat you are.

OP, are you fat?

by Anonymousreply 901/23/2013

If you have to ask.......

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2013

Yes, that is a lot by almost anyone's standards. You aren't doing your health any favors and it's going to start showing if you don't quit or at least cut back.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 1201/23/2013

Is your nose red and bulbous? If so you are drinking too much.

by Anonymousreply 1301/23/2013

Of course you know that you're drinking way too much, Mr. Alcoholic. Are you posting it in a very juvenile attempt "act manly," by bragging about your consumption? I don't believe that you're not way overweight and have already destroyed your health. Guess you've got a death wish.

by Anonymousreply 1401/23/2013

One drink is too much.

by Anonymousreply 1501/23/2013

Why do you ask, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1601/23/2013

Where did the OP go? Was he passed out?

by Anonymousreply 1701/23/2013

Long term there are consequences for drinking that much alcohol on a daily basis. Depends on how long you want to live and what quality of life you want. Maybe you should address the reason for your daily drinking. Do you drink alone?

by Anonymousreply 1801/23/2013

One of the consequences is impotence

by Anonymousreply 1901/23/2013

Drinking alone is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 2001/23/2013

My partner, who I have posted about a few times here on DL, is an alcoholic and drinks about the same amount as you OP - on a good or "light" day. Normally he drinks a fifth of vodka per day.

Vodka is what he chooses to kill himself with, working on a slow suicide for about the last decade at this pace. In the summer, he broke three ribs in a drunken accident (other accidents have included vehicle, chainsaw, snowmobile, falling off things, etc. all due to vodka) and was then diagnosed with fairly early stage Hep and cirrhosis. Told to STOP DRINKING.

That was six months ago and if anything he has upped the pace of his drinking. He had everything going for him, OP. Good family, decent job, great partner, handsome face, and hung. Now he is an impotent, cranky, craggy old bastard at age 48.

Want this to be you?

by Anonymousreply 2101/23/2013

Thanks R21... I've never felt "alive" unless I am drunk. I know no-one will understand. People make fun of alcoholism as if we are weak pathetic people. In fact I am highly educated with a demanding job. I hate that I need alcohol to feel "ok". I just feel so stuck.

by Anonymousreply 2201/23/2013

OP, you are not stuck, get help immediately. It's never too late.

by Anonymousreply 2301/23/2013

[r20] Nonsense

by Anonymousreply 2401/23/2013

R24 = In denial.

by Anonymousreply 2501/23/2013

At what time of day do you get the shakes?

by Anonymousreply 2601/23/2013

Sorry, OP. You've crossed the line. I think people like you and me were "born that way" but we're the only ones who can save ourselves. I'm failing miserably. It's an ugly disease, sad that you have it.

by Anonymousreply 2701/23/2013

So why do so many A-list actors and celebs joke about their insides destroyed by high-level drinking?

by Anonymousreply 2801/23/2013

So. Joan. You've cut down.

by Anonymousreply 2901/23/2013

[R21] There are a lot of people who understand. They're called alcoholics.Any AA meeting or other group is full of them.

I just went to the memorial of someone I looked after for four years. 71 years old. Died of alcoholism - liver and pancreas shot, cracked ribs, many many stitches from falls etc.

Get help. There is a way to "feel alive" without alcohol. I have been clean and sober for over 20 years (hisssss) so I know.

by Anonymousreply 3001/23/2013

OP, half a fifth of vodka per day is excessive drinking. Your liver is going to be shot by the time you're only 50 years old. Listen to the others here and go to an AA meeting.

by Anonymousreply 3101/23/2013

I attended my first AA meeting yesterday OP. I was surprised at how everyone went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. They asked me my name, and I literally did not utter another word the entire time I was there. I just sat and listened. I am still struggling. I drank last night (much less than I normally would) but I can see how daily meetings would be helpful. I guess I haven't hit rock bottom yet,and honestly don't know how I ever will. I have an inheritance, so I don't have to work. I don't ever drink and drive. I still manage to exercise a few times a week. The hangovers suck, but I'm still not sure what its going to take to get me to quit. I plan on attending another 'gay' AA meeting soon. Maybe something will stick. Good luck to you on your journey.

by Anonymousreply 3201/23/2013

Yes, especially considering what most admit to is about half of what is happening.

by Anonymousreply 3301/23/2013

OP, when you try to quit drinking, and I hope you do, expect lots of finger wagging a la r33. He's stating a fact, but "recovering" gay alcoholics are the cuntiest cunts who ever cunted. So quick to judge others. So lousy, so nasty, so bitter.

Gay AA meetings are anything but anonymous. There is so much gossip, backstabbing, and people like r33 who get off on projecting their own issues onto you. But there can be wonderful support at those meetings.

Best time of my life was when I was sober. Staying sober is hard work, IMHO. I'm a pussy -- soon to be a dead pussy if I don't quit. Wishing you the best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 3401/23/2013

R32, Not working, not having something productive to occupy your time, is the worst possible situation for someone in your position.

I would look for either employment or volunteer work, pronto. You need a reason to get up, a reason to go to bed early, and something to stimulate your senses beyond the numbing affects of alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 3501/24/2013

Good God, man. You're pickled.

by Anonymousreply 3601/24/2013

Let's put it this way, OP...

by Anonymousreply 3701/24/2013

It's easier to quit now, than later. Alcoholism is all about progression, don't forget keeps getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 3801/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 3901/24/2013

For you, any drinking at all is finished.

One drink is too much.

It is a physical craving PLUS an obsession.

You can't stop. You can't control it, cut down, or pace it.

You are utterly fucked as far as drinking goes.

Stop. And don't start again. You can get it out of your body in a short time, but out of your mind, that is reeeaalllly gradual, like geological time. You won't like it at all--hard work!

'cause like the definition of work (something you do when you'd rather be doing something else.) you'd always rather be drinking than doing ANYTHING else.

Ask La Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 4001/24/2013

I haven't drunk in years. I was holding a bottle of vodka the other day, getting ready for weekend guests, and was thinking, "this bottle is a prison in which I am glad to be free from".

by Anonymousreply 4101/24/2013

Op any others with this problem, look into nutritional deficiencies and amino acid therapy and alcoholism .

It can help reset your brain, and stop cravings, fix blood sugar,

Here's one example of a program of vitamin and amino acid therapy.

by Anonymousreply 4201/24/2013

I seriously don't drink that much in a year

by Anonymousreply 4301/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!