Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lena Dunham and "Girls" is a triumph for real nudity

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 3401/27/2013

Good for her. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

but who wants to see "real" nudity on TV? We can see that at home.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

She is the most hated woman in the US now.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

How about showing some of the "real men" fully nude on her show? Now that would be controversy I could enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

R4 I could not agree more that there is a double standard. In films it's common to see female nudity. Yet, since that very thing amongst men makes a large segment of the movie buying demographic uncomfortable, it's relegated to what we call art or independent films. A movie that shows two hot, young, straight, females engaging in a little girl-on-girl action will be talked about as a hot scene (think Black Swan), whereas a similar scene with two men will get the "gay theme" label. If straight women can suck it up and stare at silicone for all these years, I'm sure that straight men can handle looking at skin too.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

Once again, the "REAL women need to appear on TV" platitudes get thrown around, but it's something nobody really cares about when push comes to shove.

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

[quote]Count the minutes down to the watershed, and then suddenly everything’s less CBEEBIES and more CBOOBIES (Game of Thrones springs particularly to mind, here).

What the fuck does this even mean? What are CBEEBIES?

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2013

British article- CBeebies is a TV channel for toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2013

[quote] Where has the glamour gone? Where is beauty? It's all so tragic and revolting now.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2013

Andre Leon Talley weighing in.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2013

The show seems to be her fantasy of what she would like her life to be. And she is a bit of a sell out. She has been criticized for the lack of diversiity on the show so she creates a character who is male and black and who just happens to love fucking her. Never mind that he comes off more gay than her room mate. And of course we knew he wasn't going to last too long. In a rather contrived plot twist, he broke up with her after a heated discussion on race. Then there is Adam's supposed obsession with her. This doesn't ring true. He didn't really care about her in the beginning of the show and I think men tend to size up pretty quickly if a woman is going to be a casual fuck or something more. They rarely change their minds. Bottom line, she needs to keep her clothes on and show more of what makes the character tick and where she is going.

by Anonymousreply 1201/23/2013

There's a double standard on the double standard. If "regular" men were naked on TV with their 5 inch cocks, they would be ridiculed for having micropenis.

by Anonymousreply 1301/23/2013

"Where has the glamour gone? Where is beauty? "

The modern version of glamour has lost any connection with beauty. Plastic surgery, steroids, spray tans, manscaping, hair extensions, starvation diets, it's all become grotesque.

It's gotten so bad, I'd rather see ordinary people being naked!

by Anonymousreply 1401/23/2013

[quote]Television should not reflect real life, or the everyday woman...as a poster upthread said, if men wanted to see dumpy cunts, they'd look at their wives. Where has the glamour gone? Where is beauty? It's all so tragic and revolting now.

I'm pretty sure I've read your comments before and now I think I understand your obsessive ugliness about Girls and Lena Dunham. This quote says so much more about you than you realise. It's sad that you rely on tv to give you an escape from your hated 'reality'.

by Anonymousreply 1501/23/2013

r15=cunt

by Anonymousreply 1601/23/2013

[quote]There's a double standard on the double standard. If "regular" men were naked on TV with their 5 inch cocks, they would be ridiculed for having micropenis.

Who said they'll be erect?

by Anonymousreply 1701/23/2013

I don't want to see hot women naked on TV. Why the hell would I want to see Lena Fucking Dunham naked?

by Anonymousreply 1801/23/2013

Dumpy Cunts would be a great name for an all-girl band.

by Anonymousreply 1901/23/2013

[quote]"get used to it because I am going to live to be 100, and I am going to show my thighs every day till I die”, is her unapologetic reply to critics.

So young, so naive........so embarrassing.

What an ego she has to assume there will always be a appetite for her exhibitionism. The clock is ticking and she's on minute 13.

Most people don't want to see her 'young' fat thighs. NO ONE will want to watch her jiggle them around when she's 100. Hollywood is not kind to even the most beautiful woman as they age. She won't even be able to get a reality show once she hits 40, much less when she's 100.

Oh yeah, and those tattoos will look great on her saggy 100 y/o ass too.

by Anonymousreply 2001/23/2013

It's a triumph for twee hipsterism.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 2101/23/2013

Let's all hold our breath waiting for real nudity to include men on tv to happen....men are chicken shit but expect women to show it all.

by Anonymousreply 2201/23/2013

[In a rather contrived plot twist, he broke up with her after a heated discussion on race.]

Oh really? Did it escape your notice that she was disgusted when she discovered the extent of his Republican political and social views?

No one wants to fuck a freeper.

by Anonymousreply 2301/23/2013

That's why I applaud the great men of 'Oz', R22.

by Anonymousreply 2401/23/2013

R15 = fat girl who still thinks that playing "you're a sad hater of reality" card she heard a popular girl will make her seem smart and snappy.

Sorry, Chunks. The world requests you keep your clothes on, too, when it's around.

by Anonymousreply 2501/23/2013

There is nothing "thriumpant" about being fat and showing it to the world.

I understand that the majority of women in Hollywood are abnormally thin but, being fat is also abnormal.

Lena Dunham is not "empowering" or "normalizing" fat girls. She is making a mokery of them and herself.

She may have a bit of talent as a writer but, she is a lousy actress and should stay behind the scene.

by Anonymousreply 2601/23/2013

This thread is useless ....etc

by Anonymousreply 2701/23/2013

Since when is sitting on a toilet naked and [italic]eating[/italic] a "triumph for real nudity"? Who the fuck does this?

I'm reminded of a story a friend told me about when he was drafted back in the late '60s. He'd gone through the whole induction process over an exhausting sleepless two day period, traveling from Chicago to wherever he was sent for basic. Finally at the end of the second day, he went to the latrines before lights out to find some guy taking dump while eating a Twinkie. And without batting an eyelash, the guy said "Hey, there! How 'ya doin'?" in a very southern accent. Can you imagine? Exhausted, tired, scared, homesick, and just plain sick.

by Anonymousreply 2801/23/2013

Eldergays get upset over a chunky, naked youngster.

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 2901/23/2013

She is 26. Why does she refer to herself as a "girl" in interviews?

by Anonymousreply 3001/23/2013

And here I thought the hipsters were all about the skinny jeans.

by Anonymousreply 3101/23/2013

I knew a fat, humpbacked, mentally ill exhibitionist like her. She finally got sober and stopped pissing in the streets but kept working in bars and shacked up with this other crazy woman who would introduce herself to strangers by shoving her hand down their pants and shaking their genitalia.

by Anonymousreply 3201/23/2013

This show should be used in Guantanamo Bay instead of waterboading..

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

I watched this show last night and it's creepy more than anything else.

Was she wearing a diaper and a baby hoodie/towel? She seems to spend much of her non-naked time in shorts sets. Those are for children. Will she start wearing a baby cap next and carrying a lollipop?

by Anonymousreply 3401/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.