Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sloan Stephens beat Serena Williams! I'm thrilled!

Have always hated Serena (and not because she looks juiced/masculine) but because she's always been a very sore loser, never gives credit to her opponents, etc. (She's gotten better over the years but it's probably her PR team's doing, not her own; she's as narcissistic as they come.) Sloan seems like a nice kid without a chip on her shoulder and has the makings of a great player. Go Sloan!

by Anonymousreply 1901/26/2013

Serena's got nothing on Bill Belichick.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2013

Both Williams sisters have always been that way. It's not that their opponent played a superior game but that they just didn't do their best.

Neither has had any sportsmanship in any of the durations of their careers.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2013

Congrats Sloane!!!

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2013

I love the sisters... I think they are one of the most amazing stories in sports.... but I am really happy for young Sloane!!

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2013

Good for Sloan- but Serena was definitely hurt. Sloan is a terrific player, but at best top ten. She does not have the talent of any of the great players in the making at the same age. You'll see.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2013

Sloane Stephens is a classic DataLounge name.

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2013

charlie you DO know a lot about tennis.

any opinion on coco vandeweghe?

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2013

Wasn't Serena pissed off when she lost?

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2013

R2, you couldn't be more wrong. Serena? Yes. She's always been a total brat. Often the best (Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, Jimmy Connors, to name a few men) are assholes. But Venus is the epitome of class. I have always wished she had the talent her sister was born with. But I think it's that petulance that has lifted Serena into the GOAT conversation.

by Anonymousreply 901/23/2013

Jennifer Capriati is taking a lot of heat for tweeting in Sloane's favor last night.

Something like "if I never see a Williams sister again it will be too soon."

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2013

[quote]Jennifer Capriati is taking a lot of heat for tweeting in Sloane's favor last night.

No doubt from the same people who LOVED it when Serena threatened to kill a line judge.

But, yes, Venus is a class act. Serena has roid/testosterone rage.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2013

[quote] Serena was definitely hurt

Totally agree, charlie. In fact, Serena has NEVER EVER lost a match when she's been fully fit.

by Anonymousreply 1201/23/2013

Sometimes Serena loses a match when she's healthy, but then it's because she's not trying because it's not a big enough event.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

I can't stand Serena Williams. She has no manners; she is an absolute cunt. And how can anybody NOT think she's on steroids? LOOK at her. I think her outbursts might be partially due to 'roid rage.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

r7: OP here. I also follow tennis closely (get the Tennis Channel for the last 5 years). Coco Vandeweghe is top 50 at best. Not sure what her ranking is now. Have not been impressed with her play when I've seen her.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

thanks, that's what i thought.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

Thankfully, the world seldom works according to the OP's demand that her idea of "nice people" beat "not nice people" and maintain the order of her universe.

Has she associated her many losses with this principle yet?

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

Does Capriati really think this is the end of Serena? She's up for some disappointment. Venus, on the other hand, is done and will probably never win another major.

It's amazing how different Venus and Serena are. Venus is shy, demure, and always gracious. Serena, on the other hand, is aggressive and always seems to be looking for a bar fight. And she's not done by a long shot, she's headed towards Graf-Navratilova territory when talking of the all-time greats.

by Anonymousreply 1801/26/2013

Sloan? Talk about right out of the Preppy Handbook.

by Anonymousreply 1901/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.