Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lifted and borrowed segments of music, does it occur that often?

I was watching TMC a couple of nights ago I guess, and there was this weird obscure Laurel and Hardy comedy on and it was in Spanish. I was just about to change the channel, when the party music came on.

The first part was directly the theme song for Monsters Inc. I kept listening, and it was the absolute match.

How did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

Janet Jackson built her career on this practice.

by Anonymousreply 101/22/2013

I have no idea what the theme for Monsters, Inc sounds like, but is it possible it's an old piece of music?

by Anonymousreply 201/22/2013

See the plagiarized Book of Mormon OP, if you can afford the ticket. They brag about it, say their plagiarism of "Confidence" from Sound of Music is a tribute!

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

Monsters Inc...:11 to :15

I am no musician but it sounds the same to me.

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

Laurel and Hardy :07

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

I know what you mean OP. The crescendo ending of the finale from "The Wiz" soundtrack is almost note for note the same as ending of "I Happen to Like New York" by Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

Back in the day, Dr. Sigmund Spaeth was an expert witness in court cases where Person 1 would claim Person 2 stole his music. Spaeth researched and would find the piece from the 1700s that Person 1 stole from.

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

The Star Wars theme is very similar to the main theme of King's Row.

Some of Quincy Jones' score for McKenna's Gold was used in Lost Horizon. Also, a track from The Silver Chalice was used in A Nun's Story.

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.