Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ted Nugent claims his ‘buddies’ are willing to start an armed revolt

Detroit-born southern rockabilly Ted Nugent isn’t known for moderation, but from the sound of his latest comments, the re-election of President Barack Obama (D) has made him ever more extreme.

Speaking to fans during an NBC-sponsored gun show, Nugent said that Obama “is attempting to re-implement the tyranny of King George that we escaped from in 1776,” adding: “If you want another Concord bridge, I’ve got some buddies.”

The comment was a reference to the Battle of Concord, in which a British soldier broke a standoff and fired upon assembled American militiamen, in what later became known as “the shot heard around the world” that helped launch the Revolutionary War.

He added that Obama “hires, appoints and associates with communists,” and that he’s “an evil, dangerous man who hates America and hates freedom. And we need to fix this as soon as possible.”

Speaking to conspiracy website World Net Daily earlier in January, the National Rifle Association board member said he believes a new era of civil rights is dawning — one in which gun lovers must become “the Rosa Parks.”

His comments to WND came roughly one month after his show “Ted Nugent’s Gun Country” was forever scrapped by The Discovery Channel, in response to the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut. Nugent previously told fans that it was a planned series, but a Discovery spokesperson confirmed to Raw Story that no such plans were ever laid.

Nugent also found himself face to face with Secret Service agents last April after he urged fans to “chop [Democrats'] heads off in November,” during the presidential election. He also warned, “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

These videos were snipped by liberal watchdog group Media Matters, published Tuesday, January 22, 2013.

by Anonymousreply 5101/25/2013

Moron and completely insane. Did he do a ton of drugs in the seventies?

by Anonymousreply 101/22/2013

Maybe they can get together and all accidentally discharge their big, bad toys on each other. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 201/22/2013

Nothing screams, "I have a really tiny penis!" louder than this.

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

Do these idiots really think they can battle....oh...the Marines???

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

He needs to be locked up in a mental facility for life.

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

Sounds like downriver trash to me.

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

[quote]the National Rifle Association board member

That's the amazing part. You would think that the NRA would have the ounce of sense necessary to see that this guy is trouble and drop him like a hot potato.

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

He promised to move or commit suicide.

He's a lying liar!

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

Isn't time we charged him with sedition?

by Anonymousreply 901/22/2013

Why does anybody pay attention to this nutjob? Wasn't he a one-hit wonder in the 70s and that's his only claim to fame?

by Anonymousreply 1001/22/2013

Good. It would smoke all the loonies out of the woods and give us a reason to kill them. I hope Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh take the field.

by Anonymousreply 1101/22/2013

[quote]And we need to fix this as soon as possible.”

He keeps running his mouth like this and I think we know who'll get "fixed" first. I love how idiot bigots like this love to go on and on about how President Obama "hates" America when it's Nugent and his followers who are the vile, unpatriotic assholes who don't respect democracy at all.

by Anonymousreply 1201/22/2013

Nugent is keeping his profile high with Homeland Security, no doubt

by Anonymousreply 1301/22/2013

Seriously, sedition and treason are highly illegal, but right-wing nutballs like Nugent are never prosecuted.

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 1401/22/2013

I thought this stupid piece of shit was leaving the country if President Obama got re-elected

by Anonymousreply 1501/22/2013

Battle of Concord, eh? Hilarious considering Nugent played insane to get out of going to Vietnam. Where he'd have had to, you know, FIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013

[quote] He also warned, “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

Clock's tickin'

by Anonymousreply 1701/22/2013

Did I just read "NBC sponsored gun show"?

by Anonymousreply 1801/22/2013

[quote] Did I just read "NBC sponsored gun show"?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1901/22/2013

I have to laugh - I'm picturing this guy and his fat redneck friends on a bridge waiting and some drone missile comes in and blows them all up.

Oh if only. I love how these gun fanatics think they can stand up to today's military. It's so childish.

by Anonymousreply 2001/22/2013

Sedition is not illegal and talk isn't treason.

by Anonymousreply 2101/22/2013

[quote]if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail

If only.

by Anonymousreply 2201/22/2013

My mom says Ted Nugent is a greedy bottom who needs to learn how to douche.

by Anonymousreply 2301/22/2013

So the argument is that they need guns because the government is coming to kick their door down and take their guns?

A bit circular, no?

by Anonymousreply 2401/22/2013

Is there some way that we could start a petition to the NRA to have Nugent removed from membership, because of his threats of armed insurrection against the US government?

If that had 100,000 sigs on Facebook or wherever, it would at least start the media asking why the NRA doesn't EVER reject Nugent's threats of violence. Right?

by Anonymousreply 2501/22/2013

I hope this happens. He would make a great new Founding Father.

by Anonymousreply 2601/22/2013

Can someone just push him in front of a bus, already?

by Anonymousreply 2701/22/2013

Draft-dodging hypocrite - just like George W. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2801/23/2013

Ted is such a BS artist. All talk, no walk. Go home and have another circle jerk with your "buddies", you loser.

by Anonymousreply 2901/23/2013

Ted Nugent claims his ‘buddies’ are willing to start an armed revolt as soon as they are bored with sucking each others dicks.

by Anonymousreply 3001/23/2013

[quote]Seriously, sedition and treason are highly illegal

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3101/23/2013

Why on earth is NBC sponsoring a gun show?

by Anonymousreply 3201/23/2013

[quote] Speaking to fans during an NBC-sponsored gun show, Nugent said that Obama “is attempting to re-implement the tyranny of King George that we escaped from in 1776,” adding: “If you want another Concord bridge, I’ve got some buddies.”

Good for you, Ted. And I'm sure you'll be wanting the help of France to overthrow King Obama and free America from tyranny. Because a couple hundred alcoholic, Appalachian hayseeds with itchy trigger fingers ain't gonna be much help. And you sir, are no George Washington.

by Anonymousreply 3301/23/2013

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

by Anonymousreply 3401/23/2013

[quote]He promised to move or commit suicide.

He kept trying but he didn't realize how hard it is to commit suicide with a bow and arrow.

by Anonymousreply 3501/23/2013

Anonymous should take down his website. Did you know that he sells Ted Nugent brand ammo?

by Anonymousreply 3601/23/2013

Oh Papa Tooney, we've got a looney!!

by Anonymousreply 3701/23/2013

What money does Ted live off of? He had one hit single in 1977 ("Cat Snatch Fever") and has been off the radar ever since. I know he used to be a semi-major concert attraction 35 years ago, but for the last 32-33+ years he has been playing bars, barns and clubs. He must have inherited bucks. I don't even know any rockers who listen to him anymore. He's such a patriot. Shitting and pissing his pants to dodge the draft. Major twat.

by Anonymousreply 3901/24/2013

Check out his website, R39. He's a bottom feeding opportunist among the right wing lunatics. He's got a little cottage industry surrounding his way of life and he sells it to the dumb masses. Personal appearances, Nugent merchandise, ammo, concerts, music. He has a devoted little following willing to fork over the cash on a regular basis. Who knows how much he brings in, but it seems to keep him going.

by Anonymousreply 4001/24/2013

Dee Snider Reminds Republicans Ted Nugent Allegedly Dodged Vietnam Draft In Gross Way

Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider wants to remind Republicans that gun-loving Ted Nugent reportedly once dodged the Vietnam draft in quite possibly the grossest way imaginable.

During an interview with Noisecreep, Snider broached the subject of Nugent's recent comments on President Barack Obama's gun control proposal and Second Amendment rights. Snider, an Obama supporter, wanted to remind Republicans that the Detroit native did not always put his country first. In fact, Snider said, Nugent dodged the Vietnam draft by reportedly vomiting and defecating on himself and failing the physical exam.

Via Noisecreeper:

[quote]Ted's always been a gun-toting conservative. But what gets me is that he was actually a draft dodger! I mean, to the point where he didn't bathe for a week, and vomited on himself to deliberately avoid the draft. I totally understand why he did that, but all of these Republicans who love Ted don't seem to know or remember that too well. It's crazy that he's become one of the voices of Conservative America even though he was a draft dodger. If you don't believe me, Google it.

Nugent immediately denied the "We're Not Gonna Take It" singer's allegations.

However, Snider's comments about Nugent dodging the draft didn't come out of thin air; Nugent himself reportedly attested to the act during a 1977 interview with High Times.

RawStory points to an excerpt from the interview on DangerousMinds.net. Snopes.com, a myth-busting site, also highlighted Nugent's quotes in an April 2012 post:

[quote]I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer - stuff I never touched - ... little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

However, during a 2006 interview with the U.K.'s Independent, Nugent denied the whole story, saying, "You've got to realize that these interviewers would arrive with glazed eyes and I would make stories up. I never did crystal meth. And I never pooped my pants."

He added that a student deferment got him out of the draft.

Snopes did some digging and discovered that the firearm advocate did have a student deferment, but he was ultimately rejected from military service in 1969 as a result of a physical examination.

In a recent rebuff to the U.S. government, Nugent said he and his buddies are ready to revolt against the "evil, dangerous" Obama if their guns are taken away.

by Anonymousreply 4101/25/2013

I had dealings with him in the 70s when I worked with a major concert promoter. He's a major phony. I had dealings with many performers of the time and he was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 4201/25/2013

Hundred guys tops. One skud. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 4301/25/2013

I hate the fact that "Stranglehold" is one of my all-time favorite songs. As much as I loathe Ted Nugent, I love that song. It's the only song of his on my iPod. He is a major whacko these days.

by Anonymousreply 4401/25/2013

Nugent's a cunt. He hasn't had a hit song since my grandpa was in Pampers. Hell, he hasn't had an actual recording contract since then either. Guess he's making a good living off of his fellow teabaggers

by Anonymousreply 4501/25/2013

Was Nugent a singer or something? I would Google him, but I just don't feel like it.

by Anonymousreply 4601/25/2013

Repost Dee Snider's post wherever whenever you can.

by Anonymousreply 4701/25/2013

Don't forget that Mr. Traditional Values here has spent a lifetime porking underaged girls.

by Anonymousreply 4801/25/2013

Didn't he legally adopt an underage groupie so he could bring her home to Michigan with him?

by Anonymousreply 4901/25/2013

I dont like Obama, but Ted is a fucking crazy redneck POS. Wouldn't be suprised if he dies of auto-erotic exfixiation.

GO BACK TO UR SHEEP LOVIN TED!

by Anonymousreply 5001/25/2013

Ted Nugent is one of the main reasons I hate country music. He puts the u in cuntry. He's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5101/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!