Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Confirmed: Beyonce DID lip-synch at the inauguration

Beyonce Knowle’s flawless performance of “The Star Spangled Banner” at the inauguration was entirely lip-synched, Page Six has confirmed. A rep for the United States Marine Band revealed that she decided to perform to a pre-recorded track at the last minute.

“All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day,” Kristin DuBois, a rep for the band tells Page Six. “We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the reason why.”

The news will surely shock those who watched the emotional performance. At one point, Beyonce even dramatically removed her earpiece – which now seems even more ludicrous, as she wasn’t even making any noise.

by Anonymousreply 27802/03/2013

The whole tearing-the-earpiece-out business was all faked, too, to trick people into believing she was singing.

Duh. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 101/22/2013

Just like the pillow thing.

by Anonymousreply 201/22/2013

And yet everyone fawned and fussed over Lady B and her Singing Wig.

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

What about Kelly Clarkson - did they actually hear her prior to the ceremony and still let her moan that song off-pitch?

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

Autotune, lipsynching, they all seem to cheat now, one way or another. But I still never respect an singer unless they can sound good life, for real live.

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

Obama was actually sworn in on Sunday. They could have played a recording yesterday so that he and Roberts could lip-synch the ceremony.

I wonder if Richard Blanco considered lip-synching his poem.

The public could have moved in closer if they just dumped the use of the Marine band and played a recording of "Hail to the Chief."

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

If she had sung live and missed one freaking note, everyone would be bitching too. It's very can't win.

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

The best singers sound better live, the minor flaws just make it more soulful.

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

I assumed it was live because it sounded so crap and underwhelming. Oh well.

They say Whitney lip synched at the Superbowl too. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 901/22/2013

Yes r9, and Cher too.

by Anonymousreply 1001/22/2013

Beyonce, shame on you.

Beytwice, shame on me.

by Anonymousreply 1101/22/2013

During the 19th century, having the whole political class up there in massed ranks probably gave a dignity and importance to the thing that reinforced everyone's patriotism. Because everybody was just a bit insecure about the USA's place in the world.

But now, the whole thing seems just a little tawdry, silly, and pretentious. They must have given out 50,000 little plastic flags that one group of people.

by Anonymousreply 1301/22/2013

Whar r12 said.

If I'm going to be stuck having to endure a mediocre talent such as Beyonce, bring on the lip-synching.

She is, however, stunningly gorgeous; just breathtaking, and nowadays, for a lucky few, that's all it takes to be a stah.

by Anonymousreply 1401/22/2013

Too funny. Several queens in my Facebook field were all like "OMG she just whipped off the earpiece and gave it pure unfiltered REALNESS!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 1501/22/2013

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought Beyonce Knowles was singing for real when she pulled the earpiece away from her ear.

Feel like a dummy now, I was sure fooled.

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013

[quote]What about Kelly Clarkson - did they actually hear her prior to the ceremony and still let her moan that song off-pitch?

Kelly's yodeling was really annoying, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1701/22/2013

[quote]And yet everyone fawned and fussed over Lady B and her Singing Wig.

That was different, don't go there.

by Anonymousreply 1801/22/2013

I can't stand that bitch. Anytime I hear her voice, I click it off.

by Anonymousreply 1901/22/2013

[quote]They say Whitney lip synched at the Superbowl too. Is that true?

Yes, but everyone knows that Whitney Houston was a great singer. Beyonce is a totally different story, since her pillow situation that blew.

by Anonymousreply 2001/22/2013

You know, in decades past, they had people like Marian Anderson and Leontyne Price sing at big state occasions - real singers, professionals, who would never have dreamed of using prerecorded tracks. Why don't we deserve that anymore?

by Anonymousreply 2101/22/2013

It goes to show that most manufactured stars like Beyonce, don't always have such great voices. If it's just them and a microphone, they're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 2201/22/2013

Let's not go too far. The lip synch was recorded in one take, the night before, in live rehearsal with the band. I understand the criticism but this is not a case of some overprocessed product that sounds nothing like the singer would do in real life.

by Anonymousreply 2301/22/2013

R23 is an idiot. The thought of a phony cow pretending to sing the God damned national anthem at the second inauguration of America's first black president is so far off the mark of dignity and decency I would like to plant a sensible shoe up her ample and well-used keester.

by Anonymousreply 2401/22/2013

Whitney Houston--who gave the most magnificent National Anthem performance ever at the 1991 Super Bowl--also lip-synched.

by Anonymousreply 2501/22/2013

How do you know Marian Anderson didn't lip synch? It's not new technology.

Remember, in olden days (or even today) live music has to be "fixed" to eliminate things like crowd noise.

Half the live concert tours of the 70s were probably all lip-synched. You can't dance around wildly and sing without sounding breathy, now can you?

by Anonymousreply 2601/22/2013

Clarkson was lip-synching too. Badly.

by Anonymousreply 2701/22/2013

That's not true. R27.

by Anonymousreply 2801/22/2013

No, Kelly was live.

She sounded like a bag of feral, rabid cats being poked with a stick, but God love her, she was LIVE.

by Anonymousreply 2901/22/2013

A performance is either live OR recorded, not pre-recorded.

by Anonymousreply 3001/22/2013

God, Kelly Clarkson is such a cornpone hick.

by Anonymousreply 3101/22/2013

But, was that really her recorded voice or auto-tuned? That band was also fake playing.

by Anonymousreply 3201/22/2013

R25, Whitney was known to have the greatest singing voice, while Beyonce is questionable. I think the auto-tune invention has ruined the realness of singing and showing true talent.

by Anonymousreply 3301/22/2013

[quote]A performance is either live OR recorded, not pre-recorded.

That's why Beyonce is getting a lot of criticism now.

by Anonymousreply 3401/22/2013

Watch it again R29. The reason she's holding the mike in front of her mouth is so you can't tell it doesn't match. They did the same thing for both of them, I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 3501/22/2013

Actually, it fit occasion perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 3601/22/2013

Waiting for "this is racist" commentary from Toure and Melissa Harris Perry.

Remember... its ALWAYS racism.

by Anonymousreply 3701/22/2013

Jennifer Hudson sounded crappy too

by Anonymousreply 3801/22/2013

[quote]How do you know Marian Anderson didn't lip synch?

She didn't need to. That's the point.

by Anonymousreply 3901/22/2013

You don't know that R39. That's the point. Lip Synching went on for a long time before it ever caused a scandal.

by Anonymousreply 4001/22/2013

My mom says Beyonce can lip-sync with her downtown lips too.

by Anonymousreply 4101/22/2013

Beyonce was singing along with a pre-recorded tape of her voice.

It also sounded as if perhaps the pre-recorded track has a another voice accompanying Beyonce - or perhaps it was two pre-corded tracks of Beyonce's voice blended together.

Barry Manilow has been singing along to pre-recorded tracks of his voice for MANY YEARS. I first noticed it 15 or 20 years ago. He also sings along with not only his own pre-recorded voice track but he sings along to pre-recorded voice tracks of accompaniment background singers.

But the point is his singing along to his own voice pre-recorded tracks.

I really like Barry, but maybe this is why he suddenly cancelled his preview show for tonight on Broadway - he didn't want to get himself associated with this poor publicity of Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 4201/22/2013

In Marian Anderson's day, they didn't have the technology to carry off lip-synching in an outdoor situation like yesterday's event. It was still something used in controlled movie soundstages and TV studios. The technology really advanced (this is corny) with the Lawrence Welk Show in the mid-60s when his format changed from just a bandstand to elaborate sets for the soloists. Norma Zimmer never sang a note for the last ten years she was on Welk's show. She used all her old songs over and over and over.

And back in Marian Anderson's day, there's just no way that she would even conset to do such a thing. She was a real singer. The women on the inaugural platform yesterday were moaners and shouters, not singers.

by Anonymousreply 4301/22/2013

Oh dear! "consent" not conset

by Anonymousreply 4401/22/2013

she wasn't even nominated....

by Anonymousreply 4501/22/2013

[quote]In Marian Anderson's day, they didn't have the technology to carry off lip-synching in an outdoor situation

WTF? When do you think loudspeakers were invented? That and a playback device (record player, tape deck etc.) is all you need to lip synch.

If you can hear it, you can [italic]pretend[/italic] to sing it.

by Anonymousreply 4601/22/2013

It was seamless when viewed live, but then I watched a playback on CNN and it was obvious that she was singing on top of a full track, including pre-recorded vocals.

I do think her mic was live, but she was just singing along.

by Anonymousreply 4701/22/2013

Why would anyone be surprised that someone who fakes an entire pregnancy would also fake a live performance?

by Anonymousreply 4801/22/2013

[quote]WTF? When do you think loudspeakers were invented? That and a playback device (record player, tape deck etc.) is all you need to lip synch. If you can hear it, you can pretend to sing it.

We know that there were recording and playback devices for more than a century, Rose.

We know that they had tinny loudspeakers in the 1930s, Rose.

Why the fuck are you pushing for Marian Anderson to have been faking her singing? What kind of moron can't comprehend that it just wasn't done for national events in the 1930s and 1940s?

We're talking about technology that could be used back in Marian Anderson's day that would sound like LIVE singing at an outdoor event. It did NOT exist. It would have sounded like it was recorded; not live. Yes, they could lip-synch. We're talking about the voice sounding like it was LIVE in front of the audience that was sitting and standing there. [bold]Duh![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 4901/22/2013

Hey R49: get a grip, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 5001/22/2013

correction: I first heard Barry Manilow singing along to pre-recorded tracks of his own voice (and pre-recorded tracks of back-up singers) at his concerts 13 to 15 years ago....

not 15 to 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 5101/22/2013

R46 - R50 figures Marian Anderson just uploaded an MP3 from her iPod and began moving her mouth to the song.

by Anonymousreply 5201/22/2013

Yes, Kelly Clarkson sounded not great...........but the sheer emotion of the moment, and the resulting energy MADE it into an awesome performance.

However, for some frigging reason everything has to be **PERFECTION** otherwise the sky will fall, hence the lifeless autotuned crap we are subjected to every day.

By the way, a face with natural lines is far more interesting than a botoxed face as well.

by Anonymousreply 5301/22/2013

And, you can hear Beyonce's pre-recorded performance in the upcoming Superbowl!

by Anonymousreply 5401/23/2013

He! I was one of the people that mentioned that it was a recording in the Inaugural thread.

by Anonymousreply 5501/23/2013

Every other singer at the Inauguration thought Beyonce was going to sing live, so they sang live. But, members of the marine band admitted that they didn't perform live with Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 5601/23/2013

She wasn't lip-synching. She was clearly singing along to the pre-recorded track. Ugh, you guys...

by Anonymousreply 5701/23/2013

I long for the time when people weren't so persnickity and on their high-horses about lip-synching. I mean, who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 5801/23/2013

You are such a deep thinker, R58

by Anonymousreply 5901/23/2013

Why was a B-rate singer like Beyonce invited to sing at the inauguration in the first place? That's what I'd like to know.

by Anonymousreply 6001/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 6201/23/2013

[quote]Why was a B-rate singer like Beyonce invited to sing at the inauguration in the first place? That's what I'd like to know.

Because she performed "At Last" at the last inauguration, but we don't know if that was live either.

by Anonymousreply 6301/23/2013

It's not "pre-recorded". It's just "recorded". Anything recorded was obviously done so previously, so the "pre-" is redundant and sounds silly. It's like saying "past history".

A performance is either live or recorded. There's no "pre-" anything.

by Anonymousreply 6401/23/2013

EVERYTHING about this bitch is fake - from her hair to her pillow baby.

by Anonymousreply 6501/23/2013

the vocal itself was not so hot. she over-did it.

by Anonymousreply 6601/23/2013

What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 6701/23/2013

This is a big news story right now.

by Anonymousreply 6801/23/2013

She's always lip-synched. Remember her tumble down a flight of stairs onstage? Her vocal track kept going even when she faceplanted.

by Anonymousreply 6901/23/2013

I disagree R64. She could have been recorded performing live at the inauguration so that it could be preserved for later listening. However, in this instance she was pre-recorded so that the recorded performance could be used in lieu of a live performance.

by Anonymousreply 7001/23/2013

So, did Beyonce perform "At Last" live or was it pre-recorded?

by Anonymousreply 7101/23/2013

[quote]EVERYTHING about this bitch is fake - from her hair to her pillow baby.

I think she wears extensions.

by Anonymousreply 7201/23/2013

[quote]She's always lip-synched. Remember her tumble down a flight of stairs onstage? Her vocal track kept going even when she faceplanted.

Didn't that happen to Millie Vanilli? That's when they were caught performing with a pre-recorded tape.

by Anonymousreply 7301/23/2013

R26- but they didn't and they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 7401/23/2013

[quote]I think she wears extensions.

Most female celebrities these days, black and white, wear extensions. And none of them have their original teeth either.

by Anonymousreply 7501/23/2013

[quote]A performance is either live or recorded. There's no "pre-" anything.

The reason people say "pre-recorded" is because a live performance can be recorded in real time as it is being performed. Streisand sang live at the LA Forum and half of us old queens have the recording. Liza, on the other hand, pretended to perform live on Broadway when in fact she was lip-syncing to tracks that had been recorded in advance. So, speaking idiomatically, we say Liza was faking it with with "pre-recorded" tracks.

by Anonymousreply 7601/23/2013

Liza has never faked a vocal performance, NEVER.

by Anonymousreply 7701/23/2013

Every movie musical made was lip-synched. Didn't you ever wonder why stars who were singing and dancing up and down flights of stairs weren't out of breath?

From 1950-59 TV's "Your Hit Parade" recorded vocal tracks on Thursday afternoon. Couldn't risk a singer having laryngitis on air night.

by Anonymousreply 7801/23/2013

Incidentally, lip-synching star J-LO is defending Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 7901/23/2013

Their was no lip synching in the movie "Les Miserables" there!

by Anonymousreply 8001/23/2013

[quote]Liza has never faked a vocal performance, NEVER.

Says you.

by Anonymousreply 8101/23/2013

This is gross. If there was an occasion to NOT lip sync, it would be the fucking inauguration. This is going to hurt her credibility the next time she goes on tour because if she isn't giving a real performance for the President, then she's definitely not going to give one in Kalamazoo.

by Anonymousreply 8201/23/2013

Lipsynching The Star Spangled Banner is nothing new. Whitney Houston's version of it was a lipsynch, and her's is the greatest rendition ever.

by Anonymousreply 8301/23/2013

That is, *hers* is the greatest rendition ever.

by Anonymousreply 8401/23/2013

Please R82. Beyonce can bring it, it's been proven many times. And most people who go to her show are going for the entire experience, not just the vocals.

Aretha is defending Beyonce (the last person I expected, given the 2009 Grammy debacle), so that should tell you how ridiculous this whole situation is.

by Anonymousreply 8501/23/2013

Actually, R85, according to what I've read, Aretha was throwing some slight shade at Bey.

by Anonymousreply 8601/23/2013

So why didn't the White House choose a performer who could find the time to rehearse with the marine band and perform live? I don't get it. What's so fucking special about Beyonce?

by Anonymousreply 8701/23/2013

And that's pretty pathetic, R68. This is what journalism has become.

by Anonymousreply 8801/23/2013

Ah, but was that really Beyonce performing or a fake Beyonce? Does Beyonce even exist?

Their is also footage of Kelly Clarkson telling Beyonce "That must have been hard to perform!"

This is why Beyonce is getting a lot of fall-out for this.

by Anonymousreply 8901/23/2013

[quote]Aretha is defending Beyonce (the last person I expected, given the 2009 Grammy debacle), so that should tell you how ridiculous this whole situation is.

Maybe you should read Aretha's statement again. Major shade was thrown.

by Anonymousreply 9001/23/2013

Shades of Ashley Simpson, and her singing career never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 9101/23/2013

Okay, she recorded the song for insurance and chose to sing over the tape at the inauguration because of the cold, blah,blah, blah. But why did she rip the ear piece out of her ear? That bit of Diva drama is the main reason why a lot of people are beginning to question her veracity...and for some, her talent. The biggest horse shit excuse for lip synching was given by none other than Wendy Williams who claimed if she didn't lip synch she wouldn't be able to dance and sing and do the Single Lady booty shake all at the same time. WTF? Some one pointed out that she DOES lip sync in her live shows because the time she took the facet forward tumble on the stairs, the tape kept on playing. It begs the question, when does Beyonce actually sing live? In the fucking shower?

by Anonymousreply 9201/24/2013

Okay, was her singing taped or pre-taped? I'm still confused with the timing.

by Anonymousreply 9301/24/2013

Britney is a star of the Auto-Tune generation, whose career has been hugely dependent on technology that enables any vocal to be tweaked until it is perfectly in tune. Such is Auto-Tune’s prevalence in modern pop, audiences are being trained to expect perfection, and the only way many singers can confidently deliver that is to shift the technology from studio to stage. Britney’s next album release, ironically, is Live in Miami, which may be the first live album where the only actual live bit is the audience’s applause.

by Anonymousreply 9401/24/2013

What the hell does anything in R94's post have to do with the topic of this thread?

by Anonymousreply 9501/24/2013

Hasn't there been a long time rumor that Basement Baby, a.k.a., her sister Solange, is really the voice behind Beyonce? Beyonce has the "showmanship" and looks (though I find Solange way more attractive), but her voice has never been quite there.

Just a rumor.

You didn't hear it from me.

by Anonymousreply 9601/24/2013

It's not like Beyonce even has a great voice. It's quite thin and shrill, and she mistakes waving her wig around as having real skill.

by Anonymousreply 9701/24/2013

They really should have asked Pamela Bell to sing.

by Anonymousreply 9801/24/2013

Off with her head!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9901/24/2013

[quote]Hasn't there been a long time rumor that Basement Baby, a.k.a., her sister Solange, is really the voice behind Beyonce? Beyonce has the "showmanship" and looks (though I find Solange way more attractive), but her voice has never been quite there.

This would not surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 10001/24/2013

So, does this mean her Superbowl Halftime Show already is recorded?

by Anonymousreply 10101/24/2013

Have you met my new best friend Cameron? I'm teaching her to be the greatest Cameron that she can.

by Anonymousreply 10201/24/2013

Every performance I've seen by this no talent idiot has been pre-recorded. She & her fugly idiotic homo-hatin' hubby are fakes. Neither has any musical ability whatsoever!

by Anonymousreply 10301/24/2013

Fuckin' racist, if she was white you wouldn't care.

by Anonymousreply 10401/24/2013

What's this "lip-syncing" shit that everyone's going on about?

by Anonymousreply 10501/24/2013

Is it "live" or is it Memorix?

by Anonymousreply 10601/24/2013

Love you, R105.

I'm pretty sure she would still be criticized no matter her race.

No-talent, self-aggrandizing bitch is a no-talent, self-aggrandizing bitch no matter what color.

by Anonymousreply 10701/24/2013

Okay, if she actually sang to a pre-recoded track, then why sing in the first place? I'm still confused.

by Anonymousreply 10801/24/2013

When people sing The Star Spangled Banner, it's usually to a pre-recorded track as to avoid any mistakes or slip-ups. Whitney's unparallelled rendition was pre-recorded, and Jennifer Hudson's excellent rendition at the 2009 Super Bowl was also pre-recorded. Christina Aguilera chose to sing the National Anthem live at the 2011 Super Bowl, bungled the lyrics, and subsequently recieved major backlash and negative press because of it.

I guess some singers choose to sing to a pre-recorded track to avoid making the kind of slip-up that Xtina made. In the end, what's the big fucking deal?

by Anonymousreply 10901/24/2013

I said this earlier in the thread, but just a reminder: classically trained singers (as in opera singers) would NEVER lip-synch ANY performance, because it would be beneath their professional standards. They don't need "pre-recorded tracks."

All this talk of Beyonce, Whitney, Britney, etc., suggests that pop singers are the very best this country has to offer. But someone like Kathleen Battle, at her best, would make them all sound like clueless amateurs.

We're so alienated from real talent in this country that we always settle for what's popular rather than what's good.

by Anonymousreply 11001/24/2013

It's not that hard a song R109.

by Anonymousreply 11101/24/2013

[quote]Fuckin' racist, if she was white you wouldn't care.

I knew it was only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 11201/24/2013

Well, the military staff claimed that Beyonce sang on her pre recorded track. And, she was late for rehearsals, which is why she decided to perform on tape at the last minute.

Did the President know? And, why be late knowing you will be performing for the President?

This is so exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 11301/24/2013

[quote]It's not that hard a song

I didn't say it was, but I can see how someone would bungle the lyrics, particularly when performing it before millions ("O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming"...)

by Anonymousreply 11401/24/2013

In a world filled with so many truly crucial issues, WHO CARES?!!

by Anonymousreply 11501/24/2013

American journalism, R88.This is about as deep as the average American can get. They play to their audience.

by Anonymousreply 11601/24/2013

You guys are not listening! Did Beyonce actually sing on her own pre-recorded track? No one seems to get it, or understand the question.

by Anonymousreply 11701/24/2013

Only the people right next to her know.

by Anonymousreply 11801/24/2013

They said she decided to use the recording track just before going on (perhaps after she heard Ms. Clarkson miss the tune).

by Anonymousreply 11901/24/2013

At least Roseanne sang it live.

by Anonymousreply 12001/24/2013

Sasha Farce

by Anonymousreply 12101/24/2013

If you look at the footage, the guy on the right has a pissy look on his face. Perhaps he knows that Beyonce isn't singing at all.

by Anonymousreply 12201/24/2013

I understand the discussion in here -- we are all about this sort of thing.

What I don't get is how this story led all sorts of major newscasts, and is still leading on many of these same supposedly serious news shows.

by Anonymousreply 12301/24/2013

This is such a non story.

She sang over the pre recorded track that was heard on television. You can clearly see she was singing to the President and those on the platform that were in earshot of her, and they were obviously enjoying it.

[quote]Okay, she recorded the song for insurance and chose to sing over the tape at the inauguration because of the cold, blah,blah, blah. But why did she rip the ear piece out of her ear?

She took out the ear piece so she could keep time with the track. She was hearing her voice echo off the building in one ear and the track in real time in the other, which is confusing. All seasoned performers take out their earpiece in the middle of a song if they feel like they can keep time with the echo, which she did flawlessly.

There are so many things that go into how you hear the end product of these things on television, especially with live events. You are hearing a mixed version of everything.

by Anonymousreply 12401/24/2013

Okay, if this is such a non story, then why is Beyonce getting so much flack over it?

by Anonymousreply 12501/24/2013

Because, R125, America is so dumbed down pop culture-wise these days that innocuous shit like lipsynching is the best they can come up with.

by Anonymousreply 12601/24/2013

Because people are dumb r125.

by Anonymousreply 12701/24/2013

An acquaintance sat thru a two hour Barry Manilow concert in the late 1990's and never even noticed that Barry was very obviously singing along to pre-recorded tracks of his own voice along with pre-recorded tracks of string instruments and an orchestra along with pre-recorded tracks of backup singers.

There was no orchestra on the stage.

Yes, people are very dumb about these things. And they often do not notice much.

by Anonymousreply 12801/24/2013

It's incredibly difficult to have any sympathy for her...I hope they continue to rake her over the coals for this...even if it is free publicity.

by Anonymousreply 12901/24/2013

Bwahaha! Hope she's now "forced" to sing live at The Super Bowl because of all this bad PR.

by Anonymousreply 13001/24/2013

People are dumb to be outraged by lip synching when 9 out of 10 performances that singers do on television and elsewhere have been lip synched for decades.

by Anonymousreply 13101/24/2013

She lisynced brilliantly. I did not noticce. People are acting like the performance went down like this:

by Anonymousreply 13201/24/2013

Hope the fake fame whore goes down permanently over this.

And I mean fake. Fake: "blonde is my real hair color", fake: skin bleaching, fake: several-nose-jobs, fake: weight loss, real: thunder thighs that can't seem to go no matter how hard she tries to eat lettuce.

by Anonymousreply 13301/24/2013

Have some sympathy r133. She's having an identity crisis. She has attained all the wealth imaginable and yet does not feel like she belongs to high society. She feels nouveau riche and it shows. You can tell she struggles with it. I don't think that's a happy woman, hence having friends like Paltrow to secure this new self-image of blonde ethereal sweet smelling whiteness that Beyonce cultivates. She's unconsciously racist IMO:

by Anonymousreply 13401/24/2013

R123, American journalists report on twitter comments.

by Anonymousreply 13501/24/2013

It's like Beyonce was constructed by a committee. Other than "Crazy In Love", she's done very little to impress me. She's so annoyingly artificial, contrived even.

by Anonymousreply 13701/24/2013

R136 needs to leap off the nearest balcony, bridge, etc. FF and report that thing.

by Anonymousreply 13801/24/2013

R136 = conceived through anal sex.

by Anonymousreply 13901/24/2013

"High society"???

Bitch, please.

She will NEVER be recognized as that, even with all her husbands millions!

You cannot buy class and sophistication and whatever-it-is that the truly rich have without even trying.

Hope this brings her attitude down a notch- or ten.

by Anonymousreply 14001/24/2013

Many of my gay friends have always been on my ass over the years over my musical taste. I have always been into hard rock and metal, kind of unusual for a gay man. The reason I prefer rock, those guys actually play and sing live. They play their asses off. Metallica, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Tool, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rush, Opeth. Those guys do not lip-synch. When you attend one of their concerts you are getting blood, sweat and 100% effort in their live performances. No miming to a 20 year old backing tape. Pop always turned me off because so much is faked (both in the studio and live). To each their own, though.

by Anonymousreply 14101/24/2013

In the big scheme of things, this is a non-story. However, it is grossly disrespectful of the occasion to fake a performance. Just goes to show that she is not a REAL singer. It's hilarious that other non-talents like J-Lo are coming to her defense.

by Anonymousreply 14201/24/2013

[quote]It's hilarious that other non-talents like J-Lo are coming to her defense.

All the moaners-shouters-screamers support each other. They're not singers.

by Anonymousreply 14301/24/2013

No talent.

by Anonymousreply 14401/24/2013

Fuck Bewigged. That bitch is defended over and OVER and she has no real talent other than being cockeyed and was lucky enough to have been born to megalomaniacs.

by Anonymousreply 14501/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 14601/24/2013

What gets me is that the band had to fake it, too.

CNN was laughing about it. Said a reporter got up close to the band so he could hear them, and he heard nothing.

Trumpet up, now down. Up, now down.

by Anonymousreply 14701/24/2013

I agree with r110 and r141 Singers are meant to sing. Performers perform. Whitney Houston is not a great comparison in this circumstance because that woman sang live, rain or shine, around the world, even in her most depleted voice. I loved her voice and her version of the Star spangled banner was not kept secret for long that it was prerecorded. It was some management decision, and she could have done it as well live. She sang it so spectacularly in rehearsal, that they already knew they would release it as a single and that is probably the reason she sang to the track.

I am a musician and for clarification, pre-recorded is the correct term. Just as a television show will post this was pre-recorded when the hosts are joking about Lindsay Lohan a week after she is dead, or when they don't want you to call in for your favourite on a repeat reality show. All things shown on television live or otherwise are recorded. Pre-recorded applies to Beyonce's singing, recorded before the telecast or concert.

The grammar girls don't get everything correct.

Beyonce was lip-synching, not singing to a track. There is a bit of difference.. singing to a track is more often used in a concert, or in a larger television production when a vocalist may sing along with the pre-recorded track adding depth to the sound while covering their sweaty ass. But at a simple podium, as in the inauguration, with a close up camera and that kind of intimacy, Beyonce was just moving her mouth and making silent breath and throat contractions to her own not so great pre-recorded track. She is talented at that.

This is not about how difficult the national anthem is, she just has an image that is so false and disappointing, as much about the wig as the singing. Beyonce can sing, but has some need to appear effortless, perfect, pretty and soulless. Her vocal runs are sometimes pretty but obviously meaningless without spontaneity.

A real singer sings, in cold weather with missed notes or not, especially on such an important occasion. I reaize this practice is going the way of nintendo and dinosaurs but it should not and that is why, I think their is controversy. If you wanted Britney Spears or Katy Perry or Rihanna, get them, but people expected better of Beyonce. I am not sure why.

I am posting a song from a more serious occasion, "America the beautiful" from the live 9/11 concert telethon. Celine Dion doesn't like being less than perfect, and I am sure that there is a note or two that she would have liked to have sung better, but she did OK and conveyed emotion. She forgets to take a breath for the last note. I am not even much of a fan, but I remember this performance.

I am a classical musician and a fan of all kinds of music. I go to concerts all the time. A singer should sing. Live.

by Anonymousreply 14801/24/2013

No. Fuck you bitches who are too slow to understand the concept of SINGING over a pre-recorded track!

You worship that cunt Madonna who cant sing a lick, so to be so critical of this matter that you clearly have no understanding of is pointless.

Now tread lightly before my husband and I buy this little messageboard with our pocket change, and make you all my wig tending slaves!

by Anonymousreply 14901/24/2013

Singers should sing, part two.

Shorter, I promise.

Whitney Houston in Washington, past her vocal prime and probably coked out of her mind.

Singing for a president, I think Bush Sr.

"Abraham Martin and John", that simplistic modern protest song. She misses one small section badly, but this is a beautiful, soulful performance.

Live as a human can be.

by Anonymousreply 15001/24/2013

Madonna sings live most of the time dam-nit!

by Anonymousreply 15101/24/2013

[quote]Madonna sings live most of the time dam-nit!

by Anonymousreply 15201/24/2013

yeah, I screwed up at r148 again.

Celine is singing "God Bless America", not America the Beautiful.

I am Canadian, we only have one song....

If I was not clear, I meant to state that Beyonce's mike was dead, turned off. She was not singing to a track. She was lip-syncing to a pre-recorded vocal.

by Anonymousreply 15301/24/2013

R150, I've never seen that video before, very moving. Whitney was brilliant when singing sad songs.

by Anonymousreply 15401/24/2013

I'm not fan of Pop music (well, modern Pop) but you can't have much going for yourself or you may even be a bit deranged if you spend your time obsessively hating a woman who just sings Pop music. She's not a serial killer. It reminds me of those crazed stalkers who try to murder the celebrity they are obsessed with.

I don't even listen to her music and I was able to scan YouTube and find a live singing video of hers. From what I'm hearing this is not all that unusual in Pop music. This was an important moment for Beyonce and our President so it makes sense that she would want everything to go smoothly. Singers are human. So it's something else driving this obsessive hate.

Since it seems that most of the obsessive haters are the type to throw the N-word around and refer to their assholes as pussies, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what some of the reasons are. You're not a woman and you'll never be able to compete with one no matter how fem you are. Your asshole will never be a pussy. Find something real to hate.

by Anonymousreply 15501/24/2013

Regardless of whether she lip synched or not, Beyonce is one of the worlds greatest talents. She CAN fucking sing like a motherfucker. Listen to her CDs. Maybe she was under the weather. Give her the benefit of the doubt people. Madonna lip synchs too you know. Every singer does. Even fucking Frank Sinatra did.

by Anonymousreply 15601/24/2013

[quote]This was an important moment for Beyonce and our President so it makes sense that she would want everything to go smoothly.

But it did NOT go smoothly. Someone who claims to be a singer, pretended to sing. What exactly is smooth about that? Saying that it "makes sense" for her to pretend to sing is probably the dumbest statement made at DL since that faux performance on Monday.

No matter who is elected four years from now, I guarantee that all the singers will be singing. Never again will they allow some mess to stand up there and pretend to sing.

As far as your silly talk about "obsessive haters," you don't even have the intelligence to comprehend the difference between dislike and hate. You're obviously an obsessive hate-monger r155.

by Anonymousreply 15701/24/2013

Whatever she sounds like on her CDs is courtesy of her PRODUCERS

by Anonymousreply 15801/24/2013

You responded ( and quite defensively) so it obviously applies to you doesn't it, R157? Clearly the shoe fits. And clearly it did go smoothly since the performance was widely praised. Just because the media makes this non-story front page news doesn't mean that it should be. Is she the first person to "pretend to sing" along to her own live to tape recording? If so, please cite evidence. You're a fem gay man who hates a Pop singer because you will never look like her or compete with her. That's what this is really about. You will never be a woman. I know that's hard for you to accept. I hope that hating a silly Pop singer who doesn't know that you exist makes it easier for you to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 15901/24/2013

I think that Beyonce can sing. She is one of the better entertainers of her type. No one says there is not a place for Pop and video stars. Some of us just care a bit more about what is live and soulful, painful and real.

So, r155 and r156 just because it has "live" in a you tube title or unfortunately even on a CD label, does not make it live singing in the real sense. That sentence should not be necessary, but it is.

I think it is disappointing that someone with as much vocal talent and performing ability as Beyonce has chosen to be ever more fake, with every display. I am not a fan of hers, but she is better than most of the others in her class.

Here is Beyonce, live, for real. She is fine and lovely and natural. She does not sound like her CD's, but she has more than enough talent and charisma. She should show it more often.

by Anonymousreply 16001/24/2013

R157, unless you believe that Beyonce is a clairvoyant, she wouldn't know that this would be a big issue until after she performed.

by Anonymousreply 16101/24/2013

Has anyone asked the choirs if they sang live? I bet they didn't. It's almost impossible to mic a large group of singers and expect a good mix, so it is very often the case that they pre-record their vocals and sing along to the track during the event. I know that's how most awards shows are done, too. None of this is new in the industry. It's done with soloists all the time, too, especially if you have producers who want a sure thing. People would be frothing at the mouth if the inauguration was plagued with sound problems.

by Anonymousreply 16201/24/2013

Hope the UN Security Council has been alerted. How will we ever go on?

by Anonymousreply 16301/25/2013

[quote]she wouldn't know that this would be a big issue until after she performed.

Performed? She didn't perform. She pretended to perform. She stood there and moved her mouth. Anyone reading this thread can do the same.

They claim that today's pop singers are lacking in talent. It's really scraping the bottom of the barrel when a pop singer can't even sing. Instead she pretends to sing and is dumb enough to think that nobody would notice.

It's only people like the obsessive hate-monger at r155 who are stupid enough to think she performed.

by Anonymousreply 16401/25/2013

Well, the mic sounds live in R155. You can hear her breathing and vocal fluctuations (particularly during the head bobbing thing and when the female dancers first appear). I've never seen that performance before. R160 is good too. I actually like that song. She should do more ballads like that. I think she does have talent IMHO. And she's Creole! It's good to see fellow Creoles do big things.

by Anonymousreply 16501/25/2013

If you are wondering why Beyonce was invited to sing, the Leader of the Free World thinks she's hot. That's enough of a reason.

And I think Bey is a great performer. I could pre-record the national anthem 'til the cows came home and it would still stink.

by Anonymousreply 16601/25/2013

Negative, r166, Obama's gay.

by Anonymousreply 16701/25/2013

R162, I'm certain the large choir was singing live.

You are really being idiotic in trying to make it look like others besides Beyonce were mouthing to or singing along with pre-recorded tracks.

by Anonymousreply 16801/25/2013

[quote]You're a fem gay man who hates a Pop singer because you will never look like her or compete with her. That's what this is really about. You will never be a woman. I know that's hard for you to accept. I hope that hating a silly Pop singer who doesn't know that you exist makes it easier for you to swallow.

I'd rather be Miss Ross, THANK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 16901/25/2013

R164- first of all, that was her voice and secondly, she was CLEARLY singing along to the track (again, of her own voice) so it was very much a performance. And no, standing in front of the world and SG ing the national anthem in front of the President is not something that anyone could do even if she was merely mouthing the words. I bet you would be so nervous, you'd shit your pants and mouth the wrong words.

by Anonymousreply 17001/25/2013

You're being naive if you think that it doesn't happen all the time, R168. I'm not even a Beyonce fan and thought her rendition of the song was adequate at best (live or not).

by Anonymousreply 17101/25/2013

R171, I am saying the large choir at the inauguration was singing live -

not that other performers at other times do not sing to pre-recorded tracks.

Try to follow a thought.

Talk about dense.

by Anonymousreply 17201/25/2013

[quote][R164]- first of all, that was her voice and secondly, she was CLEARLY singing along to the track (again, of her own voice) so it was very much a performance. And no, standing in front of the world and SG ing the national anthem in front of the President is not something that anyone could do even if she was merely mouthing the words. I bet you would be so nervous, you'd shit your pants and mouth the wrong words.

If Beyonce was singing to her own pre-recorded track, then she didn't need the track in the first place...right?

This is why Beyonce is getting a lot of backlash.

by Anonymousreply 17301/25/2013

Wrong r173. It might've been cold, there is wind, it can be hard to hear the band, she might've woken up with a sore throat, or all of the above and it's merely better to back up her singing with the track she recorded earlier just to be safe. It's called show business.

by Anonymousreply 17401/25/2013

Who is Beyonce?

by Anonymousreply 17501/25/2013

R168 Maybe you need to stop assuming things before calling anyone else an idiot.

The choir director, who is a pastor, admitted on Access Hollywood today that they also had a music track. He said it was due to the weather and how it's difficult to get everything perfect in the cold.

See link about Tabernacle Choir.

And really this is such a ridiculous faux drama.

by Anonymousreply 17601/25/2013

[quote]It's called show business.

No, it's called showing honor and respect to your country on a serious and important occasion, and treating an invitation with the respect it deserves. This has nothing to do with show business.

If we're going to turn the inauguration into Karaoke Night Out, why don't we just get Kim Kardashian up there?

by Anonymousreply 17701/25/2013

And for those who don't link here's the quote from the good pastor:

"Pre-tapes are done by all live shows just in case something goes wrong. Today I spoke with the pastor from the Brooklyn Tabernacle and guess what? The choir–300 strong– had help during their number from their CD. “It’s impossible to get 300 voices blended in the wind and cold like that,” says Pastor Jim about his amazing group. “They sang live, but they had some help from a track.”

by Anonymousreply 17801/25/2013

She watched John Roberts' performance 4 years ago and figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

by Anonymousreply 17901/25/2013

R176, very oddly, is the very only and sole source on the internet which is stating that the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sang along to a pre-recorded tape.

by Anonymousreply 18101/25/2013

The link provided R181 is not to access hollywood but to another source.

And it wasn't Access Hollywood who said he used a track. It was the Pastor of the Tabernacle Choir who stated it on the show, in person, in the flesh. He admitted it like it was no big deal, which it was and like it was done all the time, which it is.

by Anonymousreply 18201/25/2013

r180=Kanye West. "Beyonce's lip-synching performance was the greatest of all time. OF ALL TIME!"

by Anonymousreply 18301/25/2013

R182, I know that is not the website of Access Hollywood.

It's just odd that no other internet source has felt comfortable in reporting about the Tabernacle Choir.

Wasn't it just a general pastor who said it rather than a paster associated with the Tabernacle Choir?

Kelly Clarkson sang live at the inaugural, as did James Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 18401/25/2013

Don't believe everything you read. I have stated before why it is called pre-record, because music is most always for any prestige production, recorded for emergencies. Not Letterman, or American Idol, but big events, like the Oscars and Inaugurations.

The artists who sing to tracks are harder to find, because they are on Leno and SNL and the Grammys and too many in concert.

A huge choir can not sing with a track, they can sing a long, as we all can sing with a choir in church. Beyonce was lip-syncing, there is no other way to state it.

I can post things of Beyonce singing to tracks but it will not change anyone's mind. She often sings part of her vocals, with breaths and wordy parts thrown in, but always with a full vocal track pre-recorded behind her. She is far from the only one. Watch her version of "Halo" on Letterman for example as opposed to the one I posted at r160 . This is a common practice to allow the glamour performers to catch the wind machine or the trapeze or the snake, and in case of a major fuck up. Some use it only sometimes, some are never without it and contribute nothing but the shout outs. "Thanks Y'all, I love you." Get it?

It was mentioned upthread, but did you hear Kelly Clarkson? She had a choir too kids, and she was off key in the beginning and flat on the high notes. She was not good to a trained ear, yet she made an impact with her passion.

I am a Kelly Clarkson fan. Being on perfect pitch is not always her strong suit, but she has an amazing voice and range and can sing with pure emotion. A beautiful shimmering soprano voice when she wants to use it and a raspy contralto that suits most non classical music. She is better than given credit for.

If you don't like her sound, that is fine, that is what we like or not about any singer, their tone

Beyonce defender's seem to be defending something more. She lip-synced and it was her or her managements decision. She is busted on it. The ear piece removal made her embarrassingly fake. I am being kind.

I am not suggesting a lynching, but she rarely sings live and belongs in the category of singers who don't. Cold wind is no excuse for a true singer to not sing at a grand event. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 18501/25/2013

Let's be clear, this was an interview with Billy Bush on Access Hollywood during 6:30 PM central time broadcast on Thursday January 24, in which the choir director for the choir at the inauguration stated that they used a track for their choir due to issues that they would have with the cold weather and wind. They sang along to the track so apparently a huge choir can sing to a track.

In the past inauguration in 2009, violinist Itzhak Perlman and cellist Yo Yo Ma opted not to play live due to the wind and cold conditions. As they're considered masters in their field, I guess cold weather is apparently an excuse for true musicians of all stripes.

I'm not a Beyonce fan although she appears to have a good voice. I'm merely pointing out this is a tempest in a teapot and a ludicrous thing to get excited about.

And it can only help her in a way, as this is great publicity for her upcoming gig at the Super Bowl. This will guarantee her a bigger audience if only of people looking out for any mistakes or signs of lip synching.

by Anonymousreply 18601/25/2013

It wasn't cold people. It was 47 degrees. Ideal weather for runners, for example.

by Anonymousreply 18701/25/2013

I agree it is a tempest in a teapot as my mother would say. But people are using euphemisms for lip-syncing.

Anyone can sing along to any track they like, but the choir mikes are dead or the horrible wind distortion would put their vocals off the sound of the track. You too can sing along to any track you like, any song you like. Try it at home. Do you sound like singer on the "track"? Ok, it is a bit more complicated but not much.

Beyonce lip synced.

Instrumentalists, same thing, if their live instrumentals were not played with the track, they played to dead microphones. It is very easy to understand. Like a band in a video, understand. Playing along.

I don't like singers not singing. I work with classical vocalists and Broadway singers, and there are no "tracks" involved. That is why god created understudies.

Singing to tracks is common practice under certain conditions, and for some always.

Beyonce has a good voice and stage presence. She should run the risk of not sounding perfect and singing from her heart, or be prepared to be caught. Does anyone remember more about Aretha than her hat 4 years ago? It was fucking cold. She sang. Live.

Beyonce can show everyone at the Superbowl what she can do, and yet this will be unfair to her as it it the most consistently lip-synced show there is due to very difficult logistics. Truth is she can handle it. I hope she does.

by Anonymousreply 18801/25/2013

I miss the days of Ashlee Simpson when if caught lip-synching or having your mic "enhanced" to the point where you can't mess up would get you shamed out of the industry.

Almost everyone you hear on radio is auto-tuned to death so they must learn how to lip-synch live while looking like their not. They throw in some real bits here and there to trick the audience.

I remember Gaga saying she doesn't lip-synch but somehow when she falls or throws up on stage she doesn't miss a note.

by Anonymousreply 19101/25/2013

r180, I think you mean Britney.

by Anonymousreply 19201/25/2013

This is not a "tempest in a teapot", this is the long-deserved backlash by the media and many of the public - who LOATHE Beyonce, Jay Z and Charles Schumer and his wife.

As such I have no problem with it.

by Anonymousreply 19301/25/2013

r193 is right. There does seem to be a backlash brewing against Beyonce and Jay-Z. They have only themselves to blame. All we hear about lately is one new project after another for the two of them. Her "documentary" on HBO. Her performing at the Superbowl. The 55 MILLION dollar contract she just signed with Pepsi to hawk their brand. The million dollar Penthouse suite at the Barclays Center for Blue Ivy. And Jay-Z acting like he OWNS Brooklyn because of his one-tenth ownership in the Nets. Not to mention that the Barclays Center is Jays House. Ugh. Where is the charity? Neither one of them has done anything to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Even though two of the hardest hit neighborhoods in Brooklyn, Red Hook and Canarsie, probably represent a large segment of his fan base. Then of course, there was the tacky scandal over the Occupy T-shirts his Roca Wear was shilling. They don't seem to use their celebrity for much more than to celebrate themselves. And to shill their next product. I doubt this whole episode will do much to discourage her fans from spending their money on her product, but they should at least be made aware that that product is a lot more smoke and mirrors than real talent.

by Anonymousreply 19401/25/2013

It's not fair to lump instrumentalists like Yo-Yo Ma and Perlman in with Cunt-once for not playing live in cold weather. Cold air makes strings go notoriously sharp. What is Wig-once's excuse?

by Anonymousreply 19501/25/2013

Yet, for being such a lauded performer, a geriatric Tina Turner wiped the stage with her when they performed together. Perhaps because Tina has REAL soul, REAL charisma and REAL talent instead of being studio creation.

by Anonymousreply 19601/25/2013

I don't mind studio created artists or pop songs, but I resent Beyonce's myriad attempts to present herself as this pinnacle of authenticity. I've heard bare studio tracks of her vocals, after they've been comped, tuned and compressed and her voice is just as synthetic as Britney's. I don't know how she and her husband (whose music I really liked when I was younger, but now find it appalling that the President is associating with a man who prided himself on selling drugs) was able to ingratiate herself to the Obamas.

by Anonymousreply 19701/25/2013

r167, you're crazy. But that goes without saying, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 19801/25/2013

I can understand people being upset about the lip-syncing or whatever. What I don't understand is the leap to the conclusion that Beyonce is suddenly some studio creation with no real singing talent. That is a ridiculous notion, there are literally thousands of videos of Beyonce singing live since she was a young child. Beyonce has a great voice. She is no studio created singer.

by Anonymousreply 19901/25/2013

Maybe this is a fake Beyonce who can't really sing. So, where's the real Beyonce?

Shades of Paul McCartney.

by Anonymousreply 20001/25/2013

Everybody lip-synchs live. No exceptions. Beyonce does it, does that make her any worse than Madonna, Gaga, or countless other pop singers? The answer is no. Besides it's not just pop singers. Country singers do it all the time and the rock band Kiss is notorious for lip synching live. Beyonce is a great talent and does not deserve to be bashed for doing what every other performer does every day.

by Anonymousreply 20101/25/2013

This is the the straw that broke the camel's back, people are tired of fake singers using auto-tune and studio tricks.

It's time for real talent, and not all these studio produced fake singers with no talent.

by Anonymousreply 20201/25/2013

R201 You are quite misinformed about KISS being notorious for lipsynching live. I have been a KISS fan since 1974 and I have seen them live over 20 times over the years. They have NEVER mimed to a tape live, ever! The only exception was when they would play their ballad, "Beth". The rest of the band would leave the stage and Peter Criss would sing live over recorded piano/background singers. The rest of their act is one-hundred percent live. The only exceptions to them playing live would have been on music shows (like Dick Clark productions in the '70s) where they were forced to mime for the TV cameras. Otherwise, you are quite mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 20301/25/2013

Here is Beyonce performing The Star Spangled Banner at the 2004 Superbowl in Houston where nipplegate happened.

I was more put off by how boring her 2013 version was compared to this one, lipsynched or not. She did an amazing job here if she was lipping it, I really cant tell. The end was great.

by Anonymousreply 20401/25/2013

Her voice is as fake as she is!

by Anonymousreply 20501/25/2013

R204 - that was very good. I think it was lipped but still a great rendition of this song.

by Anonymousreply 20601/25/2013

All the syncing ladies, All the syncing ladies.

by Anonymousreply 20701/25/2013

She needs to hit some of the gay bars in New Orleans. Drag queens in New Orleans can do Beyonce better than Beyonce's non-singing act at the inaugural.

What does she put on her resume?

Show: Obama Inaugural

Role: Pretend singer

by Anonymousreply 20801/25/2013

Why hasn't this motherfucker at R209 been banned yet? I realize that it may just be a joke, but that shit is WAY south of being even remotely close to funny.

by Anonymousreply 21001/25/2013

Yes r204 that was indeed lipped, and not even as perfectly synced as Beyonce can do. Her histrionics are embarrassing, and her princess Barbie wide-eyed wonder look is annoying too.

Here is Kelly Clarkson, singing the Star Spangled Banner, LIVE. You can hear every intake of breath, and her voice projected from her throat when singing. Her runs are more tasteful and her demeanour more natural and humble.

Kelly Clarkson also sang the National Anthem live at last years Superbowl.

Beyonce sounds good, if over ornamented, but of course that is not the way she really sounds, understand ?

This is getting tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 21101/25/2013

[quote]her voice projected from her throat when singing.

That explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 21501/25/2013

The racist troll seems to be saying what most of you are implying and I'm sure thinking. I'd say he fits in pretty well in the "gay community."

by Anonymousreply 21601/25/2013

The racist troll is off her meds again. Be patient. Maybe she'll get the help she needs.

by Anonymousreply 21801/25/2013

R201 I have to agree with R203, Kiss never lip-synchs. It's very evident now that they are older, Paul and Gene hit a lot of bum notes when they're singing now. I do prefer bum notes now and then to paying money for a concert where the headliner moves their lips to a recorded tape while covering their mouths as much as possible, because they didn't even bother to re-learn the words to their songs. You picked the wrong band (Kiss) to use as an example of lip-synching.I've seen them live several times and they busted their asses live. Gotta give 'em that.

by Anonymousreply 21901/25/2013

You know exactly what I meant. Yes her voice is projected from the diaphram, but I did not feel it was necessary to word it that way, when trying to explain some basic ways how the average person can tell if someone is singing live.

If you are suggesting that Kelly Clarkson does not sound perfect to your ears, that too can be a tip-off that she may be singing live. Ass.

Why not start a thread on Opera and I will teach you about the voice and the mechanics of singing. You clearly are not average.

by Anonymousreply 22001/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 22101/25/2013

When Celine did her recent 5-year stint in Las Vegas, performing at least 4 days per week, if not 5 days for 5 straight years - it was very obvious that she was singing along to pre-recorded tracks.

I thought Celine did this to preserve her voice, as the 4 times per week 5 year stint is too grueling on one's voice.

by Anonymousreply 22201/25/2013

It doesn't matter if she lip-synched. It was still her voice.

by Anonymousreply 22301/25/2013

Why do Beyonce fans always have to drag Whitney's name to this?

by Anonymousreply 22401/25/2013

Does Shania lip-sync her Vegas show? i want to see her but I'm not spending that cash or asking for a favor from my contacts at Caesar's if she's just walking around in a catsuit lipsyncing to vocals that Mutt produced 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 22501/25/2013

R225, that's an interesting question and answer that I would also like to know.

Shania lost her voice for a good number of years. Her journey in regaining her voice was shown on a reality show she did on Oprah's OWN network.

She finally regained her voice but it was not anywhere near the quality that it once had been.

So with her somewhat diminished voice, it would be interesting to know if she is lip-syncing or singing along to pre-recorded tracks in her long-running in-residence Las Vegas show.

by Anonymousreply 22601/26/2013

Just ignore the angry racist. That's all you need to do.

by Anonymousreply 22701/26/2013

Can't stand Beyonce, especially now that Al "race bait" Sharpton is defending her. Aretha STILL SINGS LIVE.

by Anonymousreply 22801/26/2013

She's a much better lipsyncher than Britney in concert. Britney syncs to her CD track with her mic off. Beyonce at least makes the effort to pre-record her vocals so her syncing is much more convincing. She also she leaves her mic on so she can sing along to the track and ad-lib at random to the crowd. Ironically, her nemesis Rihanna always sings live and that is one artist who should be lipsyncing.

by Anonymousreply 23001/26/2013

"I miss the days of Ashlee Simpson when if caught lip-synching or having your mic "enhanced" to the point where you can't mess up would get you shamed out of the industry."

That never happened.

Simpson got the orange bowl gig shortly after the SNL fiasco, where she was booed loudly. Then she got to do CHICAGO off Broadway. She was never run out of Hollywood.

Britney Spears has also been lipsycnhing her entire career (and very badly I might add) and the mainstream media has never given her the flack that they've given Beyonce over ONE performance.

And if any performance deserved such scorn, it was that fucking trainwreck at the MTV awards where she stumbled around the stage mumbling every other couple of words, in that ill fitting getup that got tucked in the rolls of her fat. Swishing around in a drug induced haze and passing it off as dancing.

Instead, she's still making "music" and getting paid millions to read off a teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 23101/26/2013

Beyonce is a drag-queen wannabe but she needs some lessons from Hedda Lettuce.

by Anonymousreply 23301/26/2013

R232 You're a moron as the Rethugs are the party of cheaters and losers. The ones who now want to carve up their state maps so that the person who gets the least amount of votes wins. I guess disenfranchising voters wasn't good enough for them.

And a person who's so lazy or illiterate that they cannot even bother to spell out the words YOU has very little room to talk or look down upon anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 23401/26/2013

"Bridgestone Presents the Superbowl Halftime Show!

Beyonce should begin, accompanied by dead silence, mouthing the words to the first song on her set list, stop herself when she pretends to realize that she's busted lip-synching, and with a big "Ooops! Let's begin again shall we?" proceed to put on a kick-ass lip synched performance.

I'm not a Beyonce fan but if she came out during her Superbowl performance by making fun of herself over this non-controversy she would earn my undying respect.

Sadly, she takes herself way to seriously for that and besides, she doesn't have the comedic flair to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 23501/26/2013

[quote]Everybody lip-synchs live. No exceptions

What now?

Has anyone suggested that any other singer at the Inaugural or even a the Inaugural balls was lip-synching? Let alone singing along with tracks?

by Anonymousreply 23601/26/2013

She'd have to not take herself so seriously as well as have some intelligence. Anyone who has watched her be interviewed can't fail to notice that she has the brainpower of a gnat.

by Anonymousreply 23701/26/2013

R225 From listening to this video it sounds like Shania sings live.

For big events like the Presidential inauguration you step up to the plate and perform live.

by Anonymousreply 23901/26/2013

Beyonce's terrible. And there's no way she didn't do this on purpose:

by Anonymousreply 24101/26/2013

That's why I stopped identifying as gay years ago. Straight people of color don't call the KKK members of their community just because many of them also happen to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 24201/26/2013

Madonna gets a lot of shit on here, but Beyonce seems like the most insincere celebrity out there. I believe the blind item reveal about her where she wanted an ambulance to move out of the way for her limo. Outside of her mother, and maybe Jay Z, (I don't know anything about their relationship and hope to keep it that way), I don't think she cares about anyone but herself.

by Anonymousreply 24301/26/2013

R243, there are many stories about the supposed dirty way the two original members of Destiny's Child were ousted from the group, and one of the poor replacements left shortly after she joined the group.

by Anonymousreply 24401/26/2013

I think we should be less concerned about her lipsyncing and more concerned about how she's a 31 year old woman who talks like a toddler with a third grade education.

by Anonymousreply 24501/26/2013

r244 that was caused by Mathew. Beyonce and the rest of the girls worked 24/7 whether they were sick or not. I dont blame any of the girls that left the group. DC had some hits, but it was basically a vehicle to get Beyonce to superstar status. Beyonce was probably to young at the time to really stand up to Mathew. By the time she had some say all the damage was done and she ended up looking selfish.

by Anonymousreply 24601/26/2013

Oh, she was completely complicit with her father's shenanigans and she didn't end up "looking" selfish... she is.

The only reason she got rid of her father was because he was stealing money from her.

by Anonymousreply 24801/26/2013

Whatever, r249.

by Anonymousreply 25001/26/2013

[quote]Ignore yourself coon or maybe your a flat-faced alien I mean asian how do you see the keys? I heard her knew song is called kick a spic and nappyhead ho and space asians. Aretha is nappyhead ape face nigger bitch fuck her.

That was extremely rude.

by Anonymousreply 25101/26/2013

[quote]Rihanna always sings live and that is one artist who should be lipsyncing.

Unfortunately, Rhianna has a HORRIBLE singing voice.

by Anonymousreply 25201/26/2013

[quote]Rihanna always sings live and that is one artist who should be lipsyncing.

She should be lip-synching to Lena Horne.

by Anonymousreply 25301/26/2013

Does anyone else think Blue Ivy look completely different from the newborn being paraded around for the media a year ago? I know her hair's grown out and gotten curlier and all, but the recent, very blurry pics seem to show an entirely different baby.

by Anonymousreply 25401/26/2013

R238 = Shitney fan.

Yes I am comparing it to that. Beyonce can sing live, so I don't get the fuss over someone who clearly has TALENT choosing to lip for reasons that many in the industry have clearly pointed out.

Meanwhile a no talent who's famous for spreading her legs and showing her naked body gets a pass. But because she's a no talent, she gets a pass?

"Oh, and Britney also never acted like a self-asborbed, stuck up cunt."

Of course not. That would require mental capability. Which as we've all unfortunately seen, she clearly lacks.

Tone down the bitchiness. Beyonce can at least wash herself without assitance. You've really no room to be a bitch on this matter.

by Anonymousreply 25501/27/2013

LOL yes, noted vocalists like Jennifer Lopez. Aretha threw B some shade, unless you are too blinded by your B-wig love to notice.

by Anonymousreply 25601/27/2013

The human voice is the oldest musical instrument. It can be the most beautiful of all musical instruments.

People listening to the "National Anthem" at the inaugural were robbed of the chance to hear a real voice. Instead, they heard a digital copy of a human voice, along with a woman moving her lips and pretending to sing.

Next time, they should get a better voice to make the recording and just let RuPaul lip-synch. He can do a better lip-synch job than Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 25701/27/2013

Anyone who goes all militant and "Girls Run The World" on your ass should be enough of a nut to raise red flags.

by Anonymousreply 25801/27/2013

Who cares if she lip-syched it? What I care about is how she tried to hip-hop a piece of music that needs to be sung straight. Her singing fucked up the song, not the lip-synching.

by Anonymousreply 25901/27/2013

R259 I think you should take it a step further and not care about the inauguration at all.

by Anonymousreply 26101/27/2013

I would rather an imperfect live performance with technical difficulties than watching some multi-millionaire, over-hyped, under-talented "star" lip-synch.

by Anonymousreply 26201/30/2013

R258 - I didn't know this offhand, but knew when I did research that I would be correct.

"Run the World (Girls)" - performed by Beyonce

Writers (ALL MEN EXCEPT FOR BEYONCE!): Terius Nash, Beyoncé Knowles, Wesley Pentz, David Taylor, Adidja Palmer, Nick van de Wall

Producers (ALL MEN EXCEPT FOR BEYONCE!): Switch, The-Dream, Beyoncé Knowles, Shea Taylor

Video directed by Francis Lawrence (A MAN!)

Choreographers: one man and one woman (Good job!)

She flew in a troupe of MALE dancers from Africa who "inspired" her choreography.

Beyonce needs to help give some women some positions of power in the music industry!

by Anonymousreply 26301/30/2013

I think it's pretty obvious with the break up of Destiny's Child that she doesn't like sharing a stage or the spotlight with other female performers. She seems very insecure. And the gossip about how the former members of DC were treated appears to back up that perception. Surprise! No Destiny's Child reunion at the Superbowl. I will laugh my ass off if her fugly husband shows up on that stage.

by Anonymousreply 26401/30/2013

I think Beyoncé is probably one of those types of pro-women, "Girl power!" women that actually hate other women and sabotage them at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 26501/30/2013

Check this spics papers and check J-hos papers too while your at it.

by Anonymousreply 26701/30/2013

Sand nigger or spic which is it? Only thing worse is looking like a space asian.

by Anonymousreply 26801/30/2013

Ok, if Beyonce is going to lip sync at the Superbowl, are the band members going to pretend too?

by Anonymousreply 26901/30/2013

[quote]Will the monitors please delete and bar the racist [R247]?

Just ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 27001/30/2013

ff r266

by Anonymousreply 27101/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 27201/30/2013

Here's the link to the DM pix. She is not 9 months pregnant or 8 months. As has been stated r529 knows zilch. Also r529 is pretending the Renner is not gay.

The pix were SINCE the pregnancy announcement.

by Anonymousreply 27301/30/2013

Soooo, if the band plans to play live, will Beyonce still lipsynch? I'm still very confused.

by Anonymousreply 27401/30/2013

R265, Are you aware of Beyonce's all female band?

Here's an intro to Suga Mama.

by Anonymousreply 27501/30/2013

Part two, for the cunt at R265.

by Anonymousreply 27601/30/2013

Beyonce proved that she can see sing live, so let's move on.

by Anonymousreply 27702/01/2013

Yeah, but other stars are singing too.

by Anonymousreply 27802/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!