Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Republican Official Hangs Upside Down American Flag In Protest Of Obama’s Inauguration

The head of the Mon Valley Republican Committee in Pennsylvania is facing backlash from his local community after displaying an American flag upside down — a statement usually meant as a distress signal by soldiers in times of war — during President Obama’s second inauguration ceremony. The flag was placed outside the Mon Valley Republican Party’s meeting spot on the main road in McKeesport, Pennsylvania.

Brent Kovac, the head of the local Republican chapter, spoke to local TV news station WPXI:

Channel 11′s Julie Fine talked to the man behind the flag. He said that he doesn’t “regret it at all” because “our nation is in a horrible place.”

“I think some people that didn’t know why the flag was flying upside down might find out, and some people that didn’t agree with it might’ve talked to some people who agreed with it,” Brent Kovac said.

he news station says it spoke with many people who saw the flag, and a lot of them said they didn’t believe the statement was appropriate.

Since Obama was reelected in November, upside down flags have become a favorite of far-right tea party types. Others have engaged in a more direct expression of their displeasure with Obama, hanging empty chairs — as popularized by Clint Eastwood’s memorable Republican National Convention speech — in effigy.

by Anonymousreply 2201/23/2013

Douchebags

by Anonymousreply 101/22/2013

"He said that he doesn’t “regret it at all” because “our nation is in a horrible place.”

He is free to leave the US if it's so horrible.

The rest of us won't regret it at all.

by Anonymousreply 201/22/2013

He scared.

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

Why do these uncooperative, lunatics get media attention?

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

Sore Loser. Unpatriotic. Petulant child. Douchebag. Asshat.

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

Sore loser, but I prefer this response to people annihilating their families.

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

He should be arrested for treason.

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

He's a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

The very opposite of patriotism. A desecration of the American flag in honor of self-promotion. Treasonous.

by Anonymousreply 901/22/2013

[quote]He is free to leave the US if it's so horrible.

Don't start that. Should all of us have left when we complained about Bush and what he was doing to the country?

The guy is not your average citizen. What he did is atrocious. Even when people hated Bush they didn't pull stunts like this.

by Anonymousreply 1101/22/2013

[quote]an American flag upside down — a statement usually meant as a distress signal by soldiers in times of war.

How much you willing to bet this pussy never even served in the military?

by Anonymousreply 1201/22/2013

True R11 which is why it's obvious this insane, hysterical reaction to Obama is purely because he's black. They can deny it til the cows come home but they aren't fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 1301/22/2013

Per the US Flag code:

THE FLAG CODE

Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10

As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress

Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

by Anonymousreply 1401/22/2013

Interestingly, you can set the American flag on fire.

by Anonymousreply 1501/22/2013

Doesn't bother me. I've done it during Vietnam. So WTF.. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. I can't condemn what I've done too

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013

McKeesport is a cesspool of trash. Backwards as fuck, and a decaying community that hasn't had new money in it since Christ was on the cross.

No decent person with the sense God gave a dog would so much as fart in McKeesport's direction.

That's ground zero for assholes who think that life should go back to what it was in 1940.

Take this with a huuuge grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 1701/22/2013

No doubt he's also clinging to his guns and religion.

He should have just burned it, cause that would have showed us.

by Anonymousreply 1801/22/2013

Another republican drama queen. Was he wearing heels when he did this? Did he storm back inside? Did he pout?

They're all so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1901/22/2013

It's really true. President Obama has been disrespected, by public officials, in ways that would never have been dreamed of before.

I don't think the people that have done these things would have done them if he were white. Pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 2001/23/2013

[quote]President Obama has been disrespected, by public officials, in ways that would never have been dreamed of before.

Excuse me? I was assassinated for standing up to officials in the military-industrial complex.

by Anonymousreply 2101/23/2013

No R21 You were not assassinated. You were rubbed out. Thats what happens when you and your family used our connections to run illegal booze and cook an election, then turned your back on us.

by Anonymousreply 2201/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!