Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I am missing jury duty and I cannot get a hold of the DC's office

Oh, well. Assholes have no personal email addies, do not answer the phone and don't have a messaging service. They are literally impossible to get a hold of and I've tried for several days. They will have to fine me I guess.

by answer your phone assholesreply 2401/23/2013

Lack of funding makes any government agency a bear to deal with - plus the workers (for the most part) suck balls

by answer your phone assholesreply 101/22/2013

That is normal for city and state office.

I got a DMV notice to call a number by a certain date to update my insurance. Voice mail always full, no answer ever.

I tracked every call attempt and finally sent off a letter, that was promptly ignored.

Eventually I got a notice in the mail that the insurance company had forwarded an update so all was well.

I don't know what city/state workers do all day.

by answer your phone assholesreply 201/22/2013

I don't understand why they don't have receptionist/switchboard person like most other offices do.

by answer your phone assholesreply 301/22/2013

I have been called for Federal jury duty 70 miles from home in Feb. I am hoping to be excused

by answer your phone assholesreply 401/22/2013

$18 for this

by answer your phone assholesreply 501/22/2013

Yes, R5. Remember that bitchery is a big part of DL.

by answer your phone assholesreply 601/22/2013

I just faxed off a letter to them telling them why I cannot make it and that I have been trying for days to contact them. I also suggested that they get a voice mailbox or hire a girl to answer phones. I also told them I know several nice young women who are unemployed and would be happy to have a job.

by answer your phone assholesreply 701/22/2013

YOU IN DANGER GURL

by answer your phone assholesreply 801/22/2013

[quote] I just faxed off a letter to them telling them why I cannot make it and that I have been trying for days to contact them. I also suggested that they get a voice mailbox or hire a girl to answer phones. I also told them I know several nice young women who are unemployed and would be happy to have a job.

Let us know how that went over when you're arrested and/or the sheriff comes to your door.

by answer your phone assholesreply 901/22/2013

I will R9. It didn't sound snarky at least to me. I was being serious. It's not threatening.

by answer your phone assholesreply 1001/22/2013

[R5] Did you fail to look the site over before paying your $18? You don't have to pay to read threads. You pay to start a thread and respond to threads at busy times. Did you think you got egg roll too? Read the menu sucker

by answer your phone assholesreply 1101/22/2013

[quote]or hire a girl to answer phones.

OP is 7,000 years old.

R11, you sound retarded. I was referring to the money OP spent for the privilege of posting inane stupidity like this. I don't give a dime to this shithole because Mediapolis is run by scam artists who take their customer's money and then revoke pre-paid-for service without reason, warning or refund, and they ignore all attempts to contact them. You're the sucker, for paying to generate content for these money grubbers.

by answer your phone assholesreply 1201/22/2013

[quote]answer your phone assholes

Do your civic duty, asshole.

by answer your phone assholesreply 1301/22/2013

R13 I had a good reason not to go.

by answer your phone assholesreply 1401/22/2013

[R12] Ya sure, make a statement and then assume others will know what you meant. You need to take a communications class.

by answer your phone assholesreply 1501/22/2013

R12 Why do you care how OP spends his money?

by answer your phone assholesreply 1601/22/2013

OP, unless you signed for the letter requesting your presence at Jury Service, the court has no proof you received the mail.

by answer your phone assholesreply 1701/22/2013

A dust mote just flew past my eyes!

by answer your phone assholesreply 1801/22/2013

[quote]I also suggested that they ... hire a girl to answer phones.

OP, are you posting from 1952? It may be your attempt to breach the time-space continuum that is making it difficult for you to reach these people.

[quote]I also told them I know several nice young women who are unemployed and would be happy to have a job.

Do you seriously believe men don't ever get jobs answering phones/serving as receptionists? Even if you ARE posting from the 1950s, two minutes among the male cubefraus of DL should have cured you of that misapprehension.

by answer your phone assholesreply 1901/22/2013

OP, for a little sense (and, yes, you're an ass):

Municipalities usually don't fine people for missing jury duty. Some (mine included) post bench warrants with the penalty being - you got it - attending jury duty.

In a civilized society, a citizen who finds himself or herself unable to meet governmental obligations WRITES A LETTER about it, posts it registered/return receipt or otherwise sends it so proof of sending and receipt are documented, and waits for a reply. Some municipalities request the favor of proof of an issue preventing service, but most simply will reschedule you. And expect you no to play around the nest time.

You don't call as if you're missing a doctor's appointment and some clerk is just sitting there waiting to take your excuse. You also, when the time comes, don't act peeved that someone wasn't there for you.

Grow up.

by answer your phone assholesreply 2001/22/2013

OP, r21 has given you a good piece of her mind!

by answer your phone assholesreply 2101/22/2013

[quote]$18 for this

How about starting a topic of your own? Then we can judge you on your own posting merit.

by answer your phone assholesreply 2201/22/2013

Help me!

by answer your phone assholesreply 2301/23/2013

R7 is so fucking old, he has no idea how old he sounds.

by answer your phone assholesreply 2401/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.