Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Leonardo DiCaprio taking a 'long, long break' from acting

Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013 6:50PM EST

Leonardo DiCaprio is taking a "long, long break" from acting.

The 'Django Unchained' star has admitted he is completely "worn out" after shooting three intense movies back-to-back and is planning to take a significant amount of time away from Hollywood.

The 38-year-old actor told German newspaper Bild: "I am a bit drained. I'm not going to take a long, long break. I've done three films in two years and I'm just worn out."

Before shooting his latest movie, Leonardo filmed the adaptation of 'The Great Gatsby' with Baz Luhrmann and Martin Scorsese's 'The Wolf of Wall Street.'

The actor plans to use his time off to focus on his other passion, saving the environment.

He said: "I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment. My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50 kilometres a day. That can be done with a plug."

Leonardo previously revealed he likes to act "like a complete idiot" to relax.

He said: "I take what I do very seriously when I'm on the set that's all I focus on. So my vice is to hang out with my friends, talk about absolutely nothing of importance and act like a complete idiot.

"It's like therapy to just be a complete idiot with my friends." But Leonardo hasn't spent time in Los Angeles with his friends for "a year and a half" because of his busy filming schedule and he is "looking forward" to some home comforts when he has finished his promotional work.

He explained: "I love to have friends over, but I haven't really been home for a year and a half so I don't even remember the last time I did that.

"I've just done three movies back-to-back, so I'm looking forward to getting back to my house."

by Anonymousreply 3101/24/2013

Who the fuck wants to hear that when they're busting their asses 40+ hours a week to (barely) make ends meet?

by Anonymousreply 101/22/2013

[quote]I will fly around the world doing good for the environment

Kind of an unfortunate quote. Was this vetted by his "people"?

by Anonymousreply 201/22/2013

Well, now that i think about it, Leo has been working regularly since he was a kid. He has done a couple dozen films and received several Oscar nominations.

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

The actor plans to use his time off to focus on his other passion, saving the environment...

and sucking dick

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

"Working hard" on a movie isn't really working hard though, is it Leo?

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

[quote]he likes to act "like a complete idiot" to relax

Translates to: gets sloppy drunk to relax

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

It's because his head is splitting open, it's cracking down the center. A fault-line has been forming down the center of his forehead for years.

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

Who doesn't love a cleaved forehead?

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

[quote] "I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment. My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50 kilometres a day. That can be done with a plug."

Evidently he doesn't share my view that the world would be improved by a reduction in sanctimony levels.

Instead of flitting about the world via jets to preach about his low carbon footprint, he might stay at home and improve the pea brain inside that great huge noggin, or at least leave behind the big steamer trunk filled with lessons on how others should live.

by Anonymousreply 901/22/2013

I thought he was finally going to settle down and get married.

by Anonymousreply 1001/22/2013

It starts out with: "Leonardo DiCaprio is taking a "long, long break" from acting."

Then goes on to quote him saying: "I'm not going to take a long, long break."

by Anonymousreply 1101/22/2013

Subliminal message in the background?

by Anonymousreply 1201/22/2013

Good catch R12!

by Anonymousreply 1301/22/2013

How much of this will be on a Fat Farm?

by Anonymousreply 1401/22/2013

[quote]I will fly around the world doing good for the environment.

We LOVE it when they do our work for us.

by Anonymousreply 1501/22/2013

[quote] The 38-year-old actor told German newspaper Bild: "I am a bit drained. I'm not going to take a long, long break. I've done three films in two years and I'm just worn out."

So let me get this straight, OP. "I'm not going to take a long, long break," means "I'm going to take a long, long break."

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013

I'm worn out too! I wish Leo would give ME a break!

by Anonymousreply 1701/22/2013

Has anyone in the history of the world ever changed their lifestyle because some narcissist with a publicist said they should?

But I don't suppose it really matters, if what he wants is to feel good about himself.

by Anonymousreply 1801/22/2013

He's getting wrinkles, uh-oh. Next stop Lifetime movies. Hello Tatum!

by Anonymousreply 1901/22/2013

I'm tired,

Tired of playing the game!

Ain't it a cwying shame,

I'm so tired!

Goddammit, I'm exhausted!

by Anonymousreply 2001/22/2013

Translation: "I've been trolling for an Oscar for two years now, and Fuck You all, I'm not going to play any more! For a little while."

by Anonymousreply 2101/22/2013

I know how THAT feels!

by Anonymousreply 2201/22/2013

Is he afraid we won't know he's missing even for a short time?

by Anonymousreply 2301/22/2013

Does anyone else think the real Leonardo DiCaprio died and was replaced was a near lookalike who has a giant bowling ball head and can't act like Paul was replaced with Faul? Because I do. Or else he has that disease Rocky Dennis died from.

by Anonymousreply 2401/23/2013

Many conspiracies of Leo in hiding, while a fake DiCaprio plays him.

by Anonymousreply 2501/23/2013

Leo is pushing 40 - perhaps he's ready to settle down and get married and have kids!

by Anonymousreply 2601/23/2013

Normal person??? Does he realize how patronizing and stupid that sounds?

by Anonymousreply 2701/23/2013

I wonder how the real DiCaprio died.

by Anonymousreply 2801/23/2013

Why didn't Leo ever get together with that nice Kate Winslet? They would have made a lovely couple. Maybe their schedules were too hectic after 'Titanic' to spend any time together.

by Anonymousreply 2901/23/2013

[quote]Normal person??? Does he realize how patronizing and stupid that sounds?

Take it easy, drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 3001/23/2013

Oh, I like that conspiracy theory a lot!

If he died (or retired and hid), around what time can we see the difference ? In which film ?

Now, for the long, long break that make him appear like a sore loser who takes back his toys because not nominated, I blame the journalists with their sensationalist titles that don't reflect the truth.

For the record, I drive more or less 100 km a day, and I don't have to drive that much for my job.

by Anonymousreply 3101/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.