Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ari Fleischer: "When Ronald Reagan Was Sworn In, Iran Got Scared

When Obama got sworn in today, Iran yawned."

The tweeter response someone gave him was priceless!

by Anonymousreply 6901/24/2013

Ari Fleischer is a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 101/22/2013

No, R1, Ari Fleischer is very canny. He assumes the rest of us are morons.

by Anonymousreply 201/22/2013

No, really... he's a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

Ari Fleischer also referred to the possibility of a President Paul Ryan last night.

Guess he doesn't realize that no losing Vice-Presidential Nominee has gone on to become President since FDR.

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

I find Ari completely repulsive and I don't know why he gets airtime on these news programs at all.

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

Fleischer is a closet-case, no?

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

I think he's straight, R6, but he sure has remained one of Bush's most ardent defenders. He is always going on about how great he is.

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

Yup, they got scared, scared enough they decided the NUKE was necessary. Without Reagan they would have been a peaceful country.

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

That was a brilliant response... I imagine Ari was PISSED when he read it.

by Anonymousreply 901/22/2013

Uhm, R8, they had held American hostages for well over a year already.

The Shah had been brutal to Iranians.

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 1001/22/2013

R10, don't believe everything the American media and its CIA assets tell you

by Anonymousreply 1101/22/2013

I can't access the link at work. What did the tweet say?

by Anonymousreply 1201/22/2013

A reporter on NPR said the Middle East "view Obama as a clown."

by Anonymousreply 1401/22/2013

Then they must be truly concerned r14, seriously.

Between the extensive drone usage and the killing of Osama, he has proven more effective than our last 4 Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 1501/22/2013

Fleischer forgets that Reagan wasn't running for president in 2012. Would Iran be scared of Romney?

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013

[quote]A reporter on NPR said the Middle East "view Obama as a clown."

I doubt it. Perhaps someone mixed Obama up with Bush.

by Anonymousreply 1701/22/2013

[quote] The tweeter response someone gave him was priceless!

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1801/22/2013

They weren't any more scared than I was.

by Anonymousreply 1901/22/2013

r14. link. or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 2001/22/2013

Who cares! That was what? Thirty years ago? For fuck sake, why do people who are so stuck in the past think anyone gives a shit today?

by Anonymousreply 2101/22/2013

This is why the conservatives are irrelevant and are not going to win an election for at least the next decade.

by Anonymousreply 2201/22/2013

When Ronald Reagan Was Sworn In, Iran Got Scared

When Obama got sworn in today, Ari Fleischer got scared.

by Anonymousreply 2301/22/2013

Republican keep bringing up Saint Ronnie at every opportunity, and it's hurting more than helping them attract young voters, which the Republican Party desperately needs. I hate Republicans, mind you, I'm just saying they're too stupid to realize that Reagan is only idolized by a much older generation and nobody else. Young people today, if they think of Reagan at all, think of him as an ancient fossil who is totally irrelevant to their lives, and not the God that older Repubs worship him as.

Hell, I'm very close to 40 and even people my age were in fucking elementary school during most of Reagan's presidency - that's how long ago it was. He's ancient history.

by Anonymousreply 2401/22/2013

R6 -- some nobody chickie wrote a memoir about her life in politics, with Ari as her fuckbuddy. Neither of them came out looking very good.

by Anonymousreply 2501/22/2013

Ari Fleischer put out a smug, obnoxious tweet.

America yawned.

by Anonymousreply 2601/22/2013

When the Bush/Cheney cabal stole office, America was soon terrorized by a false flag inside job called 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 2701/22/2013

R27 -- fully agreed!

by Anonymousreply 2801/22/2013

Is that why their proxies in Lebanon blew up a U.S. Marine baracks and killed hundreds of people? If that had happened under a Democratic President, the Republicans would have impeached him. Reagan turned and ran, but still got a pass.

by Anonymousreply 2901/22/2013

This is the same guy who outed Valerie Plame, right?

by Anonymousreply 3001/22/2013

Douchè extraordinarè!

by Anonymousreply 3101/22/2013

Ari Fleischer is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 3201/22/2013

and a closet-case.

by Anonymousreply 3301/22/2013

[quote]A reporter on NPR said the Middle East "view Obama as a clown."

Yes, a clown that ended wars, and killed Osama bin Laden. Yep.

Bush invaded the wrong country, lied about everything, put all of the Middle East on the Axis of Evil, and let a mass murderer go free... but Obama's the clown.

by Anonymousreply 3401/22/2013

I thought Ari Fleisher was bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 3501/22/2013

Ronald Raygun is not known to the younger generation, and when they hear about him, they don't hear what good things he actually did, because there aren't any. With Kennedy, FDR, Clinton (who's still alive), Lincoln, and even Eisenhower, they get why they're respected. Hell, they hear constantly that Eisenhower was the last good Republican, and they read his speeches which trash what the Republican party is today. They never hear Eisenhower mention by Repugs. Hmm, wonder why. Ironically, Raygun did much of the opposite of what Repugs love today. Raygun was created and mythologized by the Right after his death. They're stuck with Bush today, who's still alive. He's the face of their party. He's essentially they're Carter, and they will never live it down.

by Anonymousreply 3601/22/2013

Ari who?

by Anonymousreply 3701/22/2013

Bingo, 36.

How funny that Ike is too liberal for them. A man who commanded forces on D-Day, a man who built prosperity in America during the 50's, a man who suburbanized our country with an interstate system. A man who apparently was the ideal Republican.

Yet he's completely forgotten. They put Reagan, who had no military experience and was a former actor, on a pedestal as if he did anything significant besides speak of values and shining houses on hills during his own presidency and drip drool down his chin while American men and women were dying of AIDS and he claimed success for ending a Cold War that was being evolutionarily fazed out anyway.

Fuck Reagan. Fuck neo-cons. Fuck people who don't care about America beyond 1981.

by Anonymousreply 3801/22/2013

Ike was successful because he coordinated the FDR programs for continued success. Ie, highways

Ike had a vision for ALL of America, not the 1%.

by Anonymousreply 3901/22/2013

I don't want people to think the Ike was part of the former 'good' Republican party. There really never was one. Their own brought on the Great Depression. Democrats have more 20th century icons than they know what to do with.

by Anonymousreply 4001/22/2013

[quote]I'm very close to 40 and even people my age were in fucking elementary school during most of Reagan's presidency - that's how long ago it was. He's ancient history.

I was a sophomore in H.S. when he was elected and one year out of college when the Iran Contra hearings took place. Ronald Reagan should never be allowed to be ancient history by the Democrats. He needs to be recognized for what he was and what he did. He single-handedly helped to undermine our system of democracy, attempted to undermine the system of democracy in a sovereign country, and sold weapons to our enemies abroad. [italic]He sold weapons to our enemies![/italic] How many presidents can claim to have done this?

He was also the president who helped shepherd in the era of the "Moral Majority" and right wing Christian influence in politics.

This is not ancient and it should not be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 4101/22/2013

What an asinine, uninformed statement to make, r40.

by Anonymousreply 4201/22/2013

When Ronald Reagan was sworn in, we all got scared.

by Anonymousreply 4301/22/2013

[quote]What an asinine, uninformed statement to make, [R40].

Then by all means correct me, informed one.

by Anonymousreply 4501/22/2013

[quote]Ronald Reagan turned the economy around after that Fucktard Carter got his ass beat 44 states to 6. The Reagan economy helped to set the stage for all the Internet start ups that boomed through the 1990s. That is from Bill Clinton's book BTW.

Back to Free Republic, Freeperina!

by Anonymousreply 4601/22/2013

I don't understand why Dems don't kill the image of Saint Ronnie. If Raygun was a Dem, the Repugs would have screamed 'treason' every time they got on the air.

by Anonymousreply 4701/22/2013

Bill doesn't know about economic cycles?

by Anonymousreply 4801/22/2013

Bill signed NAFTA. Raygun is the reason our economy has collapsed, and have we forgotten when the economy collapsed under him? He was an inept, evil pos, who lost his marbles midway through his time in office. Look what he did to the fucking banks!

by Anonymousreply 5001/22/2013

Paul Volcker, r44, that's who turned around the economy, Carter appointed him.

by Anonymousreply 5101/22/2013

What is that suppose to mean, r49?

by Anonymousreply 5201/22/2013

Why are Republicans [italic] so [/italic] obsessed with the Middle East?

by Anonymousreply 5401/22/2013

OIL

by Anonymousreply 5501/22/2013

And denying any development of alternative energy.

by Anonymousreply 5601/22/2013

Almost every major problem this country has faced within the last ten years can be traced back to Reagan's administration.

Saddam Hussein? Well, guess who gave him forty billion in aid and helped boost his power in the middle east? You won't ever hear FOX news mention that, though.

These mentally ill lunatics carrying out their twisted agenda's with guns? Well, guess who helped close down institutions, sending all of them out onto the streets with no help whatsoever.

The rise of the homeless? Guess who?

I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

by Anonymousreply 5701/22/2013

Reagan made conservatives "feel better about themselves" by maxing out the national credit card. Hell, for the love-starved closeted Quisling R53, I best they were the best years of his life.

And why did you feel a need to change the subject? Funny how you won't address Reagan selling arms to Iran.

by Anonymousreply 5801/22/2013

Reagan tripled the deficit. Have conservatives forgotten that?

George H. W. Bush then quadrupled it.

Clinton brought it back down.

by Anonymousreply 5901/23/2013

Are we ever going to hear the end of St. Ronald Fucking Reagan?! Jesus Christ, these Repugs never let anything go no matter how irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 6001/23/2013

r57 is correct

by Anonymousreply 6101/23/2013

Who is Ronald Reagan?

by Anonymousreply 6201/24/2013

Ari Fleischer is a remarkable dickwad. Nasty and a closeted gay, he seeks to destroy everything he cannot obscure by his lies. What a sick fag.

by Anonymousreply 6301/24/2013

[quote]Well, guess who helped close down institutions, sending all of them out onto the streets with no help whatsoever.

link.

by Anonymousreply 6401/24/2013

Why are you SO sure he's a closet case, R63? I'm not saying it's not possible, but all the evidence seems otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 6501/24/2013

Reagan was one of our greatest Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 6601/24/2013

Fixed: Reagan was one of our greatest Marionettes.

by Anonymousreply 6701/24/2013

Reagan was horrible and this revising of history where he's concerned is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 6801/24/2013

You know who wasn't scared when bu$h got elected? Osama Bin Laden

Guess who scared Bin Laden? President Obama - and with good reason. Obama had him killed because unlike bu$h he never forgot that 3,000 people were murdered on 9/11 because of bu$h and his loser administration who were too damn busy on their vacations to worry about a terrorist attack

by Anonymousreply 6901/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.