Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What an overweight mess Drew Barrymore is these days. And she always looks unhappy. Even with a handsome new husband and baby.

And she is one of the sloppiest dressers around. Always a slob.

by Anonymousreply 11802/02/2015

Maybe she's going for comfort? Why the hell does anyone care what she wears walking down the street? If she was at a premiere, then we could rip her to shreds. But not walking down the street.

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

She wears old crummy rags in her personal life.

Weird. Maybe she has post-partum depression or post-marriage depression.

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

She seems to be gaining more and more weight rather than losing some after the baby birth.

That's depressing right there.

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

She just released her own line of cosmetics through Walmart. She's a businesswoman and mother, not a starlet.

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

Perhaps she's going for Irish twins.

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

She just had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

There was a recent BI about an A-list movie star who just had a baby and was shocked that the baby wouldn't react to her wonderfully and all times and has been handing her off to nannies nonstop except for photo ops.

The main guess was Drew.

by Anonymousreply 1101/22/2013

I wonder if she'll allow Olive to follow in her child-star footprints?

by Anonymousreply 1201/22/2013

She's probably suffering from post-partum depression.

by Anonymousreply 1401/22/2013

OP is the "Always Look Happy!" hall monitor. She also organizes the monthly pot luck, ruling with an iron fist.

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013

She dresses like that all the time. She looks homeless. And she's something north of a size 8. Her weight yoyos.

by Anonymousreply 1701/22/2013

Well, I guess we are moving on from Jessica Simpson. Jennifer Garner took a while to lose her baby weight. Some women would rather focus on being happy and being with their babies instead of starving themselves and spending all their time in a gym. I think Kate Hudson also stayed heavy for a while and look at her now. I think the OP is being hypercritical. Drew does not deserve our wrath. She's a survivor and she does look like she enjoys life. I guess being a new Mother makes one obsess on everything that can go wrong and all the dangers that are lurking around the corner. It's understandable.

by Anonymousreply 1801/22/2013

You guys have no idea how small she actually is. She's seriously got to be the least photogenic person on the planet. I haven't seen her since she gave birth, but find it unlikely that she's bigger than a 4.

by Anonymousreply 1901/22/2013

Cut her a break. Babies can be exhausting and she may have ppd.

by Anonymousreply 2001/22/2013

I wouldn't have recognized her from that pic. Maybe that's what she is going for.

by Anonymousreply 2101/22/2013

Her weight does go up and down. She isn't naturally slight, and it probably takes a lot of misery for her to get down to a camera-friendly size zero.

If she's taking some private time after having the baby, she's gonna eat.

by Anonymousreply 2201/22/2013

That's not drew barrymore, that's mama case.

by Anonymousreply 2301/22/2013

This is what you have to worry about OP? No wonder you walk around with a dumb smile on your face.

by Anonymousreply 2401/22/2013

OP, come away from the computer once in a while. Drew Barrymore just left the NY City Ballet during the 2nd intermission. She looked STUNNING in a yellow dress with a puffy skirt.

She was with Cameron Diaz, by the way, and a good-looking man in a suit, perhaps her husband(?)

By the way, also here, (as usual), is another DL thread headliner, that Nev Schulman guy from Catfish.

by Anonymousreply 2501/22/2013

r27 has to be the OP again. The "crummy" gives it away. (Psst, OP - you're not Holden Caulfield.)

I don't even think her clothes are bad. In fact, she looks exactly like most people walking down the street not trying to impress anyone (except her clothes are probably quite expensive).

by Anonymousreply 2801/23/2013

I've never seen her appeal.

by Anonymousreply 2901/23/2013

She obviously dresses for herself and not for OP. How dare she!

by Anonymousreply 3101/23/2013

Christ, you're tiresome, r30.

by Anonymousreply 3201/23/2013

I saw her on a day time tv show introducing her own brand of wine. Isn't she an alcoholic?

by Anonymousreply 3301/23/2013

Drew, Cameron Diaz, and Reese W. out on the beach

by Anonymousreply 3403/06/2013

She wants more kids:

"On growing her family: “I was an only child, and it was lonely. Some people love it and thrive on the independence, but I want my kids to have other kids around. Maybe two kids so they can run around life together, roll their eyes at their parents together like Rusty and Audrey Griswold from [National Lampoon’s] Vacation. So however that’s going to come about, it’s gonna happen!”"

by Anonymousreply 3508/14/2013

I see that the thigh-frightened are out in force again.

As long as she's not pulling her pants down on stage ala Madonna and she's not forcing you to watch her pee she has every right to dress and look as she chooses.

And she still looks good!

by Anonymousreply 3608/14/2013

It can be exhausting having a gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 3810/08/2013

She always looked like a real movie star in those Cover Girl commercials just a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4010/08/2013

I still think Drew and Jimmy Fallon's wife, Nancy, are the real couple romantically involved.

(And very curious who Jimmy's long-term boyfriend is.)

Can anyone back me up on this?

by Anonymousreply 4110/08/2013

Drew can look beautiful when she wants to, just look at her Covergirl ads. I always thought of Drew as a modern day hippie.

by Anonymousreply 4210/08/2013

Damn! She looks more and more like Kelly Clarkson every day.

by Anonymousreply 4310/08/2013

That can't be a recent picture, R43. It's not that cold yet.

by Anonymousreply 4410/08/2013

r43 that pic is from January 2013. Pics from YESTERDAY are at r37.

And she's been looking pretty good co-hosting The Essentials on TCM.

by Anonymousreply 4510/08/2013

Maybe she dresses like that to blend into the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 4610/08/2013

With no makeup, she and Katy Perry could be sisters...very plain, kind of somber/turn of the 19th century 'we're starving in post-colonial America' perma-expressions.

They both know how to choose hair/wig, clothes, and makeup people.

by Anonymousreply 4710/08/2013

If you must be "cutting edge," R48, at least try to be witty.

by Anonymousreply 4910/08/2013

The recent pic at r37 doesn't make her look better either, even with the weight gone. Her looks are kaput.

by Anonymousreply 5110/08/2013

She's aged fairly quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5210/08/2013

She looks like most moms her age. Drew is not a spring chicken anymore folks.

by Anonymousreply 5310/08/2013

God you people are harsh. She looks beautiful. She's been through hell and back, you know. Not a completely charmed life.

by Anonymousreply 5410/08/2013

She'll win an Oscar portraying Adele in "The Singing Chavette!"

by Anonymousreply 5510/08/2013

R53 - She isn't ready for social security either. She isn't even 40.

by Anonymousreply 5610/08/2013

She looked pretty good when she was on Leno

by Anonymousreply 5710/08/2013

I think she looks better blonde, and of course makeup looks everyone look brighter

by Anonymousreply 5810/08/2013

I would be willing to bet my life that she is far better looking than you, R51. And she undoubtedly weighs about 75 pounds less than you, too.

Why is it always the ugly ones who make these sorts of nasty comments? Does it give you comfort?

by Anonymousreply 5910/08/2013

She is married to the son of a Chanel big wig, and is Lionel, Ethel, and Jade's sprog; I expect waaaay more!

by Anonymousreply 6010/08/2013

[quote]Why is it always the ugly ones who make these sorts of nasty comments? Does it give you comfort?

I was thinking the same thing, don't get the nasty comments against Drew.

by Anonymousreply 6110/08/2013

Drew got a jaywalking ticket.

by Anonymousreply 6211/29/2014

She's on TCM regularly and looks just fine.

by Anonymousreply 6311/29/2014

Perhaps she is suffering from cheesecake syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 6411/30/2014

The ONLY reasons she's walking free is because she's white.

by Anonymousreply 6511/30/2014

[quote]Oh no!! She went from a size 6 to a size 8!!!

More like size 18.

by Anonymousreply 6611/30/2014

I don't think she looks depressed, she's never had much interest in clothes. What's wrong with being a rich slacker?

by Anonymousreply 6711/30/2014

I'd buy that r19. Petite women usually photograph terribly (unless posed) above a size 4. The double chin moonface effect in photos is behind many bad plastic surgery decisions.

by Anonymousreply 6811/30/2014

The blonde hair looks terrible on her. She needs to go back to the red brown color that is her natural color.

by Anonymousreply 6911/30/2014

The fashion pussies have arrived.

by Anonymousreply 7011/30/2014

The picture is almost a YEAR OLD.

by Anonymousreply 7111/30/2014

When one of the guys on here have a baby naturally by themselves.....then you can have something to say about Drew

by Anonymousreply 7211/30/2014

Your gaydar is way off r41. Jimmy Fallon has been screwing around with young women all over town. Not gay, but not the family man that he claims to be either. Apparently, he isn't even trying to be discrete anymore, which does make me wonder about his wife's sexuality. Why would she put up with it? She has her own money and career.

by Anonymousreply 7311/30/2014

R65, the cop is black

by Anonymousreply 7411/30/2014

I have to put TCM on mute when she is talking. She gushes too much and the lisp seems to be getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 7511/30/2014

I think she's cute. Always seemed likable.

by Anonymousreply 7611/30/2014

R73

Nancy Fallon is probably keeping busy with decorating and or otherwise managing her husband's mini real estate empire. Jimmy Fallon is buying up units at 34 Gramercy Park East at a good clip.

by Anonymousreply 7711/30/2014

Drew would have a double chin unless she was very thin.

by Anonymousreply 7811/30/2014

She's clearly much bigger than her Charlie's Angels days in the photos but so what, that is what childbirth does to most women. It's only the freaks like Kate Middleton and Victoria Beckham who hand the kid to a nanny and get on a treadmill as soon as the stitches are out, exist on a grape and a nut per day and are more interested in tanning than breast feeding.

by Anonymousreply 7911/30/2014

She was on Fallon a couple of weeks ago and talked about her weight. She said she can't seem to shake the final 20 lbs of her baby weight, in part because her husband is such a foodie and is always getting her to partake.

I thought she utterly charming regarding the issue.

by Anonymousreply 8011/30/2014

Maybe her hubby likes her chubby.

by Anonymousreply 8111/30/2014

She's rather short, so any extra weight would look exaggerated on her.

She seems happy, though.

by Anonymousreply 8211/30/2014

[There is nothing more tedious than a race baiting troll. Except the people that talk to it.]

by Anonymousreply 8311/30/2014

For many women famous or not remaining thin when not genetically programmed to do so comes only from careful dieting and heavy exercise. That and of course being young.

Having a baby causes most women to put on weight and getting their figure back can be an ordeal if it happens at all. Not everyone has full time nurses or nannies to watch the children while they spend endless hours at the gym. If they are breastfeeding dieting isn't going to be easy either.

Tyra Banks, Kirstie Alley, Valerie Bertinelli along with others have struggled with weight problems.

by Anonymousreply 8411/30/2014

And Drew's weight yo-yoed before she was pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 8511/30/2014

So when was she "cured" of her alcoholism?

by Anonymousreply 8611/30/2014

She supposedly drinks in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 8711/30/2014

Is she a pig? She sure eats like one!

by Anonymousreply 8811/30/2014

She's married to her rich Jewish Chanel scion and she's probably mostly content these days being a mom, businesswoman, and a socialite/philanthropist in training.

In fact, considering the way she was brought up, I would bet that she has been actively seeking to retire to this kind of lifestyle for many years, now.

by Anonymousreply 8911/30/2014

R86 yeah the fact that she not only doesn't have to put on a public pretense of 12 step nonsense, to say nothing of starting a wine company, emblazoned with a name that is practically the dictionary definition of alcholism, is kind of a PR feat of epic proportions.

by Anonymousreply 9011/30/2014

And it's just that, r90, a feat, a sham. I wish her well, but it's probably going to all end in tears and booze.

by Anonymousreply 9111/30/2014

Isn't there a thread on this site about that type of jacket she's wearing?

by Anonymousreply 9211/30/2014

A quick look at various images pulled up via Google tells the tale. DB aside from a few years when she was able to really slim down has always been, well shall we say full figured. Not fat as in obese but simply a girl and then woman that is what she is.

Looking at her face especially you can see even as a child DB was, well chubby, but not in a bad way. She also smoked ciggys which probably helped keep her weight down, also have been known to cause it to pack it on when persons stop and find themselves reaching for food instead.

by Anonymousreply 9311/30/2014

Josie Grossie

by Anonymousreply 9411/30/2014

R93 she started growing boobies when she was about 8 or 9. She had a reduction in her teens.

I also think she was 9 when she got her period. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 9511/30/2014

She may even have had two reductions. And yeah, she was chubby during Never Been Kissed, though in a cute way.

by Anonymousreply 9611/30/2014

I wonder about the former alcoholism, too. Does she ever explain how she went from publicly declaring herself to be an alcoholic (and getting a lot of attention and PR) to now laughing away as she discusses her LOVE of wine?

by Anonymousreply 9712/01/2014

R97, I actually met her at a dive bar years ago. It was the afternoon and I used to love to practice pool and, during that time of day, the tables were empty. She was there with a large hat on, sunglasses, the whole schtick.

I guess once or twice a month she'd come down to this gay dive and drink the afternoon away. She was lovely. When she left, I asked the bartender, "I thought she was sober?". He said that she once told him she was just a kid when she thought she was an alkie and now, as an adult, realized she wasn't.

I don't know? I guess that makes sense, but I don't enough about that world to know. Or care.

by Anonymousreply 9812/01/2014

I still think her real romantic relationship is with Nancy, Jimmy Fallon's wife.

by Anonymousreply 9912/01/2014

Barrymore Wines Photo © John McJunkin. Why did you pick Pinot Grigio for the launch of Barrymore Wines?

I’ve always ordered Pinot Grigio in restaurants, because it’s a surefire way to get a wine that’s not too buttery, too acidic or overly fruity. And when I traveled to Italy to sample all the possibilities for my Barrymore Wines line, the taste of this particular Pinot Grigio was so there: It has this beautiful, mild fruit that I love. It’s dangerously easy-drinking.

What’s in your fridge right now?

I always have a giant container of soup that I’ve made over the weekend for the week. Right now there’s a curried heirloom tomato–lentil soup. I’m really passionate about Tupperware. I could easily become like Julie Hagerty in Airplane!, like, “This container will keep your hot dog buns fresh for days!”

What’s in your glass?

Dr. Brown’s Cel-Ray Soda is my favorite thing on the planet. I love it so much. It’s great when you’re healthy, and awesome when you’re sick. And I drink tons of tea—black tea Tejava, jasmine tea, UCC, which is an amazing Asian green tea. Tea is my love. It’s my soul mate.

What’s the worst thing you’ve ever eaten?

It might be the chilaquiles I recently made. The dish was simultaneously dry and soggy—I somehow accomplished both textures, and basically nothing else. I tried adding Cholula hot sauce, Tapatio hot sauce, but nothing was helping that sucker. Somebody, please teach me how to make better chilaquiles!

What dish will you always order on a menu?

I’m a carb queen. I’ll always order macaroni and cheese, but I don’t want it to be fancy. I want it to be as close to Kraft as it can possibly get. I love inventive food, but I want the classic dishes to taste like how I remember them. I get a little bummed out when there is too much fancy stuff going on and it doesn’t resemble the original dish at all.

by Anonymousreply 10012/01/2014

Barrymore -- whose girlfriends include Cameron Diaz and Reese Witherspoon, FYI -- doesn't just like wine, of course. She's also a big sake fan: "I usually am the one with the chopsticks, like, sake bombing."

by Anonymousreply 10112/01/2014

I don't think she looks bad but she doesn't know how to dress, she never did.

by Anonymousreply 10212/01/2014

Maybe Drew is trekking on the Shelley Winter path. She is an excellent actress and could get a ton of work in character roles.

by Anonymousreply 10312/01/2014

She is not likely to go the Shelley route, but I think she will go for more character roles.

by Anonymousreply 10412/01/2014

I don't think Drew has ANY range whatsoever as an actress. She should continue her pursuits behind the camera, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 10512/01/2014

R105 - She's got a pretty good range.

by Anonymousreply 10612/02/2014

She's actually an awful actress. Her mother basically fucked a homeless/crazy guy she found out had the last name of Barrymore and that's how she was conceived. Her mother then was able to get her cast in movies by Spielberg, etc based on her name alone. Stage mother with grand delusions, like Britney Spears mother, Katherine Heigl's mother, Kartrashians' mother, Christian Slater's mother, the Q girl with the unpronouncable name's mother, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10712/02/2014

'I'm so excited!' Drew Barrymore reveals her anticipation at turning 40 and gushes about her domesticated life as a wife and mother

She's a former Hollywood wild child who has happily settled into a more domesticated life as a wife and mother.

And unlike many actors in the business, Drew Barrymore couldn't be more thrilled about the prospect of turning 40 in two months.

In an interview with E!Online, the ever-youthful star couldn't hide her excitement regarding the upcoming milestone birthday and beamed as she revealed,'marriage is great and the kids are the best.'

by Anonymousreply 10812/11/2014

R108 does she think that if she keeps talking likes lispy Valley Girl she an stay 23 forever?

by Anonymousreply 10912/11/2014

Big boozehound and pothead. So much for all her past claims of cleaning up her act.

by Anonymousreply 11012/11/2014

Is she still doing pot?

by Anonymousreply 11112/11/2014

She a mouth-breather.

by Anonymousreply 11212/11/2014

See this is what I find annoying/hypocritical about the whole celebrity way they have to handle pr when they have been publicly outed as having a drug problem, going to rehab, etc. the way the celebrity PR machine works is that, once you have gone to rehab, you have to declare yourself "clean and sober", or people will assume you're totally off the wagon and headed for another rehab stint (or the morgue). But the fact is, most people can modify their behavior. Let's think of how many 70s/80s celebs used a lot of drugs (but aren't "known" for that, and, as they got older, just started...using less. Drinking and getting drunk even in occasion, pot smoking every now and then, the occasional line here and there - it's just called growing up, and no doubt it applies to probably a good 3/4 of celebrities.

But of course you can't say that in an interview, especially if your heavy drug use has been made public. This has been true since the late 80s era of the People confessional, for which Drew is ironically the poster child. And for a couple of years, when she was trying to get her career back on track, she very much followed all the rules of playing the "I'm clean and sober" girl.

But then at some point she started admitting to thinks like puking from drinking (that's how she met the guy from Hole - she was pucking outside his concert), and liking her wine , and - has she admitted to pot, I don't know? These are are "normal" things not to be worried about, but in the Hollywood narrative, when you're branded an "addict," you're not allowed to admit to doing any of that.

So it's kind of a mini pr miracle, especially with that last name, that she has managed to somehow been able to "get away" with admitting to not being sober. With her own wine label yet. And the press has never picked up or seized on it in anyway.

Any idea why?

by Anonymousreply 11312/11/2014

Drew seems to be doing well with drinking in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 11412/11/2014

"Drew Barrymore gave birth to her second daughter Frankie eight months go, but is no hurry to shed the post-pregnancy weight.

The 39-year-old star has taken a more forgiving approach to herself when it comes to losing those excess pounds.

'It took nine months to (put on), so it should take nine months to get off,' Drew told the latest issue of People magazine."

'I wanted fettuccine Alfredo, I didn't want a barbell. I didn't even want to think about (weight loss) until I immersed myself in babyhood.'

She added: 'I wouldn't look at my kids and be like, "I have a free hour, I'm going to work out!"'

In fact, Drew has just started to work out again with celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 11512/17/2014

Fettuccine Alfredo has always been too much, even for someone like me whose diet is probably 60 percent saturated fat. But I could always go for spaghetti carbonara. Or really good fried chicken. Or bernaise sauce....ok maybe I need to go eat something.

by Anonymousreply 11612/17/2014

Fettuccine Alfredo is delicious, but it is really fattening.

by Anonymousreply 11712/17/2014

She is enjoying herself with Jimmy Fallon doing Dirty Dancing.

by Anonymousreply 11802/02/2015
Need more help? Click Here.