Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Following

The Following starring Kevin Bacon started tonight on Fox. He plays a former FBI agent. James Purefoy stars as a killer. It is being called a psychological drama.

by Anonymousreply 29905/21/2015

Just started in my time zone.

by Anonymousreply 101/21/2013

It's getting a 62 rating on metacritic, which is described as "generally favorable", but is equivalent to a barely fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

And here's what metacritic had to say about its debut:

"If Fox is pinning its midseason hopes on new drama The Following (Monday, 9p), it's unfortunate that it's not a better show. Certainly the most high profile (and most promoted) freshman series on the suddenly struggling network's 2012-13 schedule, this dark and violent drama was created by Kevin Williamson (Scream, The Vampire Diaries) and marks the first regular series television role for Kevin Bacon. He plays a former FBI agent drawn back into duty when the notorious serial killer (Rome's James Purefoy) he once captured escapes from death row and begins a new killing spree. Natalie Zea (Justified), Annie Parisse (Law & Order), and Marin Ireland round out the cast. While some critics are definitely on board, others find the writing too weak or the violence too gratuitous to make for compelling TV."

Fox is suddenly struggling? That's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 201/21/2013

It was creepy.

I'll tune in next week for sure.

I do like Kevin Bacon.

by Anonymousreply 301/21/2013

They filmed this in a small Georgia town (conyers) that I live near

by Anonymousreply 401/21/2013

Suspenseful and engaging. I liked the twists. I hope it does well. I will wait for the second episode to guage if it is a show that I put on my must see tv list like Homeland, Scandal and American Horror Show.

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

I liked it pretty well. Better than 24. What's with Kevin Bacon's left eye, though? Or is that part of the story (which I missed while making dinner)?

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

Was James shirtless?

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

I don't know if I will bother....

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

I want James Purefoy's thick, uncut beer can dick throbbing inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 901/22/2013

They just stole plot points from thrillers like Silence of the Lambs and Seven and threw them in the mix. Even the Marilyn Manson version of Sweet Dreams at the beginning has been done before. I don't think network TV knows what it's doing anymore; cable is the only home to good television now.

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

James Purefoy is hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2013

I honestly really liked it. I've been a Kevin Williamson fan for years. And he picked some hot guys to sprinkle throughout the show.

by Anonymousreply 1401/27/2013

Damn, I meant to watch this but forgot.

James Purefoy is gorgeous and I've always liked Kevin Bacon although he is not gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2013

I really liked it but I had a hard time getting past the policewoman w/ the ginormous mole on her face. Glad they replaced her.

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2013

Not bad but I have my doubts it will last. What was the last successful straightforward crime show that didn't have some supernatural/sci-fi twist?

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2013

They replaced the "mole" lady? Thank God. It was almost a deal breaker for me. What are these actors thinking leaving these giant berries on their faces?

by Anonymousreply 1801/27/2013

That was a mole? I thought it was some kind of bluetooth device.

by Anonymousreply 1901/27/2013

Of course the gays aren't gay! That's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

The two gays are HOT. And are they regulars?

Only the pilot was shot in Georgia. All the episodes shot after that are shot in New York-mostly Long Island, Brooklyn and Westchester.

by Anonymousreply 2102/02/2013

I watched it the first week. It was a big letdown. I forgot about it this week.

by Anonymousreply 2202/02/2013

Can someone start a thread about what a piece of shit the House Of Cards USA version with Kevin Spacey & directed by David Fincher is?

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013

I really hated it. Bacon is fine but the show is creepy and not in a good way (American Horror Show).

by Anonymousreply 2402/02/2013

There was some gay lip action on last nights episode. There were flashbacks showing how the followers started planning the kidnapping and setting up their roles.

It was decided a gay couple would be non-threatening; the girl made them practice kissing. They resisted at first and laughed it off. A later scene showed them kissing again, caused they liked it.

by Anonymousreply 2502/05/2013

Yeah, but R25, it was made clear that both were drunk.

God, I hope we get a flashback with Joe drilling the younger one's sweet, tender hole.

by Anonymousreply 2602/06/2013

[quote]Yeah, but [R25], it was made clear that both were drunk.

It was also made clear that one of them is super gay.

Adan Canto, the actor playing that role, looks and seems incredibly familiar to me -- but I've seen nothing he's appeared in, according to IMDb. Does anyone know anything about him?

by Anonymousreply 2702/06/2013

I thought the same about Canto!

I guess he just reminded me of Mark Ruffalo.

by Anonymousreply 2802/15/2013

NICO IS SO HOT!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2902/15/2013

The longer I've watched it, the better I like it. I find it pretty involving and, for a change, it's hard to tell where it's going to go. As good an actor as he might be, I have a hard time understanding how Kevin Bacon ever became a leading man. He sure isn't very attractive, that's for sure. The only part of this series that I find laughable is the fact that Purefoy's ex-wife (who is quite beautiful) would have had an affair with Bacon.

by Anonymousreply 3002/15/2013

Adan Canto looks like a young Steven Bauer.

by Anonymousreply 3102/15/2013

Wow, just watched the first four episodes. The fourth has a pretty hot scene of the threesome embracing the liar and 'virgin' in the shower.

This board makes sometimes jokes about this, but some people really feel empty inside and look for any crazy charismatic leader to fill their heads with lies, romance, a cure for something, faith, promises, or a purpose.

by Anonymousreply 3202/16/2013

I want to have harcore gay sex with Nico Tortorella

by Anonymousreply 3302/16/2013

For some reason Nico Tortorella reminds me of Awkward star Beau Mirchoff.

by Anonymousreply 3402/16/2013

As debauched and immoral show you will ever find on tv, including cable. This show glorifies graphic, recreational violence and makes stabbing people seem almost casual. A sick, vile show.

by Anonymousreply 3502/16/2013

They are bi, not gay.

by Anonymousreply 3602/16/2013

R30, every time I watch this show I think of the American Dad episode where Roger gets a Kevin Bacon nose and goes on a spree. The nose was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 3702/18/2013

I like the show but I'm starting to get annoyed by some things on the show:

Why does the FBI keep the ex-wife in her huge house while they search for the kid when they know that the followers could be anyone and anywhere? They just stand around with no purpose.

When Joe's ex-wife Claire gets a call from the kidnapped son, the FBI is just standing around drinking coffee like it never occurred to them that the kidnappers might call. Meanwhile she answers the phone like she's expecting a call from her mom without a care in the world. The FBI doesn't react until she gestures.

Claire's main line every episode seems to be Ryan, I want my son home!"

I'm not sure I can watch much more.

by Anonymousreply 3802/18/2013

Kevin bacon ham and cheese is part of the following. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 3902/18/2013

What the hell? Are they going to keep bringing in new people every few weeks?

Actually that could be interesting.

At least Joey should be safe soon.

by Anonymousreply 4102/18/2013

I sorta want that girl in the basement to get killed off now. She's become thoroughly tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 4202/19/2013

If you like Purefoy, you might try [italic]Ironclad[/italic], about a Crusader knight returned to England who holds a small castle in a valiant stand against evil King John. It's a piece of history I was unaware of, despite all the Robin Hood movies I've seen. Netflix has it streaming.

by Anonymousreply 4302/19/2013

I bet the ultimate twist is that Claire is one of her ex-husband's followers and she even puts her own son at risk just to get back at Hardy for dumping her.

by Anonymousreply 4402/19/2013

r42, you seem very psychotic and amoral.

by Anonymousreply 4502/19/2013

consistently good television week to week. edge of your seat tension, good acting, great writing... yes, uncomfortable and violent at times, but still. well done to all involved.

by Anonymousreply 4602/19/2013

Adan Canto is sizzling

by Anonymousreply 4702/22/2013

That was a little toooo convenient!

What the hell!!!

by Anonymousreply 4802/25/2013

Every single time they get close, a new follower pops up. If I can predict it, why can't Hardy? Is the show going to change directions with a new killer next year? I can't imagine how they can move this forward past a single season. They can only have so many kidnappings of the kid and mom.

I am thinking that R44 is right.

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2013

I totally predicted that little blonde bitch cop was a Follower. Bad casting on their part.

by Anonymousreply 5002/26/2013

I really like it, especially the long-overdue positive depiction of serial killers. We can thank Dexter for being the pioneer.

by Anonymousreply 5102/26/2013

What if Annie Paresse (sp?) is one....

by Anonymousreply 5202/26/2013

R47, Adan Canto is actually a pretty damn good actor too. I'm impressed with his acting. Nico (Jacob) on the other hand.. not so much. I mean, he's fine. But Adan is clearly a much better actor, which is impressing considering it's his first English speaking role.

by Anonymousreply 5302/26/2013

How are the ratings? Canto is hot

by Anonymousreply 5403/01/2013

bump, for a request for someone to explain the armored car switcheroo. and no boys today? are they forgotten and gone?

by Anonymousreply 5503/04/2013

Damn, that's a lot of batshit crazy all in one place.

8 more eps to go.

by Anonymousreply 5603/04/2013

R54 It was renewed by Fox.

James P. needs to do a guest shot on "Downton Abbey" as Thomas's lover.

by Anonymousreply 5703/05/2013

I am tempted to stick around by the promise of a threesome sex scene. HOT!

by Anonymousreply 5803/05/2013

The most tense, gripping hour of television around.

by Anonymousreply 5903/05/2013

I find many of it's plots hard to believe. As if it is written by some kind of a scenario troll...

by Anonymousreply 6003/05/2013

Parts of this ep were a little hard to believe, especially the prison transfer. How the hell would that be approved just because of the warden? If Joe was that high profile a killer, you'd think that FBI chick could have gotten the warden overruled.

I also didn't buy they'd leave Joey unsupervised given he's already tried to escape.

Despite the flaws, I love the show. Can't wait to see more of the hot gay killer couple.

by Anonymousreply 6103/05/2013

The estate full of followers was a pretty creepy way to end the episode. I'm still curious where this is going.

by Anonymousreply 6203/05/2013

Sooooo Shawn Ashmore is Roderick, right?

by Anonymousreply 6303/05/2013

I'm a bit disppointed that we didn't get to see Jacob or Paul in this episode :(

by Anonymousreply 6403/05/2013

You know maybe the freaking FBI would be able to catch Joe if they didn't start screaming "FBI" in a crowd thereby alerting Jor and his disciple to the fact that they have to skedaddle. Ryan and the cute agent are pretty damn dumb.

by Anonymousreply 6503/05/2013

So far everyone is stupid except Joe and his followers. Thats the only reason this story is still going on. Or else none of their plans would have worked out and they would have all been caught.

by Anonymousreply 6603/05/2013

Started out great, but with every episode it gets dopier. Does anyone think Kevin Bacon's character will actually get killed? Enough with the pacemaker moments. And do we have to have a new surprise "follower" every episode. I (and everyone watching) pegged that deputy woman the moment I saw her.

"I'm with Roderick" blah.

by Anonymousreply 6703/05/2013

r63, oh man, i hope you're not right, but you very well could be....

by Anonymousreply 6803/06/2013

The show becomes so silly I wouldn't be surprised when it pulls a Fight Club and Roderick turns out to be Hardy's split personality that's triggered by a verse of a Poe poem.

The Knife song at the end of the latest episode is also the opening credits tune of the new show Vikings with Travis Fimmel and Gabriel Byrne.

by Anonymousreply 6903/06/2013

sorry, the band is called The Knives.

by Anonymousreply 7003/06/2013

Why does Kevin Bacon and his cohorts take so few backup officers with them when they respond to a cultic serial killer spree? Where are the massive armies of law enforcement tracking them down?

by Anonymousreply 7103/06/2013

I liked the show in the beginning but it's gotten really hard to buy into all the stuff they throw out there. How many times can the kid get away only to be caught? How many times will Ryan's ex tell him to find her son? There are more FBI agents lounging around her kitchen than were on the transfer of the notorious serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 7203/06/2013

R72, ITA. The show has gotten ridiculous! I would make a better FBI agent than these morons. I was so relieved when he killed the attorney in the car. She was like fingernails on a chalkboard irritating.

by Anonymousreply 7303/07/2013

Adan Canto is doing a pilot called Mixology.

by Anonymousreply 7403/08/2013

Why do some of you keep watching it then???

by Anonymousreply 7503/08/2013

We lurve James Purefoy.

by Anonymousreply 7603/08/2013

Adan Canto is pure sex. He smolders onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 7703/08/2013

R74, thanks for the info. So I guess that means Paul is a goner. I'm not terribly surprised. I figured he would die, so Jacob could finally confess he loves him before going after Emma for revenge.

by Anonymousreply 7803/08/2013

R75, you don't have to like everything about a drug in order to be addicted to it.

by Anonymousreply 7903/08/2013

How many more episodes?

by Anonymousreply 8003/11/2013

Joe Carroll was really handsy with his male followers. He had a big hug for Roderick, with bonus face caress. Later, he full-blown hugged the guy who committed harakiri as a tribute to the cult. They were cheek to cheek the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 8103/11/2013

It will be so lame if the gay followers are never seen again. They drive away into the sunset, one just about bleeding out, and that's it, gone?

by Anonymousreply 8203/11/2013

This show is stupid. Just tell me what happened to Paul and Jacob then I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 8303/12/2013

It's getting more and more ridiculous so this will probably be the last time I watch it. Ryan continually goes investigating on his own and there never seems to be backup. When he arrived at the nick of time to save Westerman?, Roderick gets away in the SUV that the woman CIA agent tries to shoot. Where were other agents? Did she call for a helicopter to follow? No.

by Anonymousreply 8403/12/2013

Agree. Not calling for backup on all these operations is glaringly stupid. In the earlier episodes, the FBI was a lot more buttoned up and it was more of a surprise when somebody "turned" and betrayed them. Now the FBI looks like bumbling idiots and the plots are becoming predictable. Reminds me a little of Torchwood: Miracle Day.

I think they're saving the gay couple for a later reveal. I don't think we've seen the last of them.

by Anonymousreply 8503/12/2013

Maybe the gay guys get so pissed off by their abandonment by the cult that they go the FBI and offer to go back in undercover and take down Carroll's cult from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 8603/12/2013

Who was the hunky Deputy Sheriff , Roderick, on last nights show. Don't normally like blondes, but he was hot.

by Anonymousreply 8703/12/2013

I think I'm done. I really wanted to like this show and to cheer for Kevin Bacon.

It's just too absurd and unbelievable, that somehow all these people are SO obsessed with this man who has exhibited nothing remotely charismatically enough to justify it.

It's also become a ridiculous run-on about how ANYBODY can be one of the following; suddenly a cop in a shoot-out turns around and shoots another cop because he's on the bad guy's side? How convenient.

It's just really silly and they seemed to have tried too hard.

by Anonymousreply 8803/12/2013

ratings were up last week. it will likely be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 8903/12/2013

It was announced a few weeks ago that it has been renewed.

Now you want to talk about stupid and confusing, try watching THE CULT on the CW. The only redeeming thing is Matthew Davis.

by Anonymousreply 9003/12/2013

Am I the only one that thought the scene between Joe and his follower that offered up his life was sexual. Yeah, yeah - but take away the knife, add the embrace from both sides, and then the 'penetration' moment with the follower's facial expression - Joe topping him or Joe killing him, it was all the same - of course, until he lays the body down, then it's back to killing him, clearly.

I just thought they filmed and played that very 'wink, wink'.

by Anonymousreply 9103/12/2013

of course they did. it was very sexual.

by Anonymousreply 9203/12/2013

On TWOP, they said that Joe Carroll had a 'murdergasm' during that scene. That made me LOL cause it's true!

by Anonymousreply 9303/12/2013

Joe's interactions with the male accolytes is much more sensual than his with the gals. Totally stupid last night. Some eye candy. The continued lack of back up is becoming a running joke that no one on the show is getting.

by Anonymousreply 9403/12/2013

Who was the Deputy ??? The actors I can google him to see if their are any shirtless pics online.

by Anonymousreply 9503/12/2013

[quote]ratings were up last week. it will likely be renewed.

It was renewed last week.

[quote]The continued lack of back up is becoming a running joke that no one on the show is getting.

Looks like they're doing it again next week. It's ridiculous.

[quote]Am I the only one that thought the scene between Joe and his follower that offered up his life was sexual. Yeah, yeah - but take away the knife, add the embrace from both sides, and then the 'penetration' moment with the follower's facial expression - Joe topping him or Joe killing him, it was all the same - of course, until he lays the body down, then it's back to killing him, clearly.

Tom Lipinski is a very handsome guy and has rocked a big package in both Suits and The Following. There's a scene in Suits where his character and Patrick Adams' wake up in some girls' apartment in Hoboken. Lipinksi jumps off the sofa or bed in his underwear and his dick flaps around in his shorts. Last night he had a big bulge in those jeans.

by Anonymousreply 9603/12/2013

The scene with Joe killing the acolyte was creepy in the extreme. There was a sexual charge but it was still horrifying.

Have they ever explained how Joe keeps the cult so devoted? If you look at the Mansons for instance, there was alot of pyschological manipulation and coercion, but these acolytes seem to follow him of their own free will. They all seem to think murder is noble or beautiful but not all of them are psychopaths or sociopaths. When the acololyte said "I want my life to mean something," what the hell does that mean? Are we to believe these people kill in order to fufill some higher purpose?

by Anonymousreply 9703/12/2013

My take is that these writers are doing a show about killing, and they have a lot of ideas of different ways to celebrate death. Beyond that, somebody else just types in the storyline, filler, sensibility and continuity, what there is of it.

by Anonymousreply 9803/12/2013

Neither Hardy nor the female FBI agent had the idea to meddle with the car of the enemies in case some of the enemies try to escape?

No backup and let the bad guys get away again? Are they all releatives of Inspector Clouseau (from the Pink Panther series)? That show really makes a fool out of the so called good guys.

by Anonymousreply 9903/13/2013

Yeah, they should at least have slashed the 2 front tires...

by Anonymousreply 10003/13/2013

That spear gun scene in a diner was one of the most shockingly vile things I have ever seen on network tv. This show is so absurd and repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 10103/18/2013

I'm not watching tonight. I'm done with this show. It doesn't interest me, and it doesn't even look as good as most shows. I'm surprised it's a hit. Yes, it's a hit. The biggest new show this half of the 2012-2013 season.

by Anonymousreply 10203/18/2013

"I'm looking for Sarah Connor"

by Anonymousreply 10303/18/2013

It's all too depressing, now.

If those women had managed to get away, I would have stopped watching. As it is, I might not tune in anymore.

Poor El Pasoan.

Maybe Jacob will show some balls and get revenge on that bitch Claire.

by Anonymousreply 10403/18/2013

I'll be back if/when Jacob kills Emma. But for now I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 10503/19/2013

I love this show, will continue to watch. It definitely pushes a lot of buttons, which is my kind of show.

by Anonymousreply 10603/19/2013

Is it Emma or Claire who kidnapped the main killer's little boy? (Even after all these weeks, I can't remember the characters' names.)

by Anonymousreply 10703/19/2013

It's Emma, R107.

Not Claire, like I mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 10803/19/2013

Thanks, R108. I want her to be killed. Maybe then I'll watch.

Was the shirtless guy Warren Kole's character brought her to on Monday night one of her "gay" co-kidnappers?

by Anonymousreply 10903/19/2013

I like that they kill off what appear to be series regulars. Makes the show unpredictable. All we know for sure is Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy will live. Anyone else could die.

Yes, there are many implausible things in this plot. Just stop caring and enjoy the ride. It's a horror movie.

Having said that, talking the lunatic with the nail gun out of killing the last Claire Matthews was out of keeping with the plot on its own terms. She had nothing to lose. Her mission was to kill the woman. She had a nail gun to the woman's head. She would have pulled the trigger, not stopped for a chat with KB.

by Anonymousreply 11003/20/2013

I agree R110. The scene was idiotic.

I'm getting more conflicted every week - making soulless killers in any sense positive. Why do I feel sad with Jacob? I should feel ecstatic that one cruel killer has been eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 11103/20/2013

My boyfriend's still watching but I gave up on it two weeks ago.

It's obnoxious in its lameness.

by Anonymousreply 11203/20/2013

I started a thread for you, r113.

by Anonymousreply 11403/20/2013

That was sweet of you, R114.

by Anonymousreply 11503/20/2013

R86 has a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 11603/20/2013

Who'd think that killing one can be so romantic and homoerotic in such a twisted way? The latest episode and the episode before both had guys wanting their lives to be meaningful by getting killed by someone they love or at least admire.

by Anonymousreply 11703/21/2013

Monday's episode was entertaining due to the skills of the actress who played the Manson Girl acolyte. Roderick's character was a much needed addition to the show because Purefoy is just not believable as a villain so charismatic and mesmerizing that he can garner such slavish devotion and serve as the inspiration for this motley crew of sick fucks. I can't wait until they kill off Emma. She's so fucking annoying. Her weirdly shaped head creeps me out more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 11803/21/2013

I'm mad they killed off Louise so quickly. I was starting to like her!

by Anonymousreply 11903/22/2013

I wonder if Caroll wants his ex wife to make his life meaningful by killing him to save Hardy (or the other way round)?

by Anonymousreply 12003/22/2013

Yea I'm also glad they kept crzy chick alive. Her "It's a freakin' metaphor Ryan!" was one of the best lines of the series.

by Anonymousreply 12103/22/2013

Yeah, the crazy hyper chick reminded me of Fred from Angel.

by Anonymousreply 12203/22/2013

OK, the line about the Follower hating Anne Hathaway was funny. The camera wasn't on Parrisse when she said that, though, it must have been looped in later.

by Anonymousreply 12303/26/2013

how stupid is claire???

by Anonymousreply 12403/26/2013

R124 She loves her kid as stupid as that is. Even more stupid is that in this day and age they can't locate where the followers are!Talk about suspending your disbelief.This show would have been more interesting on an HBO or Showtime(until cable's 12 or 13 episode orders) I can't see them making 23 episodes of this a year for 5 or six years at all.

by Anonymousreply 12503/26/2013

It was ludicrous that the FBI would let Hardy visit Clair after everything that's happened. Of course that would lead them straight to her.

It also strains credibility that Joey would not have already figured out he'd been kidnapped. "Gee, why is my dad out of jail?" He may be young but he's not stupid.

The bit with Emma and the gay couple is by far the best part of the show. I think because the FBI stuff is so full of plot holes, it's the character development of the killers that make the show worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 12603/26/2013

R101 thinks only men should be brutally murdered... On film and in real life.

by Anonymousreply 12703/26/2013

R124 - although your point still stands about this show continuing for multiple seasons, the only reason Kevin Bacon signed on to the show was because it was was only ever going to be a 15 episode show per season. They won't ever make a 'full' season.

by Anonymousreply 12803/26/2013

How many more times can the FBI fuck up? I agree that sending Ryan to get Claire alone was crzy and that Ryan then taking her to the guy from Dexter's house in the woods which was in plain site was even more stupid. But it seems that the writers aren't keeping a tally of FBI fuckups. They just keep writing them. At some point the FBI will deserve everything that happens to them. The only time last night that was at all chilling and harkens back to what made this series so enthralling when it first began was Jacob and his hallucinations and his interaction with Emma. That is genuinely creepy. The rest is just pulp fiction.

by Anonymousreply 12903/26/2013

Yeah, an agent would have the sense to brace the door, but would be too stupid to stand to the side of the door so he wouldn't be hurt when they started shooting.

This stuff is just painfully stupid. They need a retired agent consulting on the scripts.

by Anonymousreply 13103/27/2013

Jacob's dream at the beginning was a hot surprise.

by Anonymousreply 13203/27/2013

They can not be this stupid by accident. It has to be a parody.

What does this house full of serial l]killers do all day? Are they allowed to freelance on their days off? So many questions.

by Anonymousreply 13303/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 13403/29/2013

Adan Canto is a great find. Hope he lands some huge roles.

by Anonymousreply 13503/31/2013

I agree with many of the earlier posts regarding the depiction of the FBI as humbling incompetent fools. It is hard to believe they cant find this mansion Joe and the gang are living in. Two words - Satellite surveillance.

Ryan is a wild card and is the only thing that is keeping me watching right now. That plus waiting until Emma gets hers.

by Anonymousreply 13603/31/2013

Just saw tonight's episode. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 13704/01/2013

I must admit the first couple of episodes I was all in. Not anymore! If I were 10 this would be too ridiculous. Would have been great as a three hour mini series.

by Anonymousreply 13804/01/2013

After watching last night and the continued carnage of the FBI I wondered wouldn't there be a Congressional hearing and national uproar over a publicized manhunt that has killed dozens of Federal agents without getting the ultimate target? The was an off handed comment by Ryan that they lost two agents last night and it was a throwaway line. Oy. And when Ryan refused to acknowledge the safe word and they ended up on yet another Bataan Death Chase I just wanted to fucking throttle him. I mean does Claire have some magic elixir in here she parts that make men of all ages and psychosis risk life and limb for one more shot at that nectar? It's crzy

by Anonymousreply 13904/02/2013

The characters on this show have really hooked me but they need to hire an FBI consultant stat. The continued idiocy of Hardy et al just ruins every episode. How would he be allowed to change the operation at the last minute, risking the life of an informant? And where was the FBI supervisor guy who was supposed to be in charge? Wouldn't he have stopped it?

Okay, they found the arms warehouse, great. But why did that agent in the dungeon just open the cell door without waiting for backup? I mean, come on!

As much as I enjoy the creepy moments, I'm not sure this show is going to survive without a serious revamp. The dramatic tension keeps getting lost because you know the FBI will blow it every time.

by Anonymousreply 14004/02/2013

Congressional Republicans would be all over this shit. One incident resulting in dead FBI agents is unfortunate; two is incompetence; three is FBIgate. And I've lost count.

If you were the nation's number one fugitive serial killer, would you allow scores of insane people to know where you are, confident that none will be chicken, rat or fuckup?

It's a shame the show doesn't have better writers because it's got some really creepy moments and characters.

by Anonymousreply 14104/03/2013

I'm starting to think this MUST be intentional. No one could write stuff this stupid for network television, could they? As an aside, Kevin's hot little 55-year-old body looked pretty good from a safe distance.

by Anonymousreply 14204/03/2013

I gave up watching three eps ago, then tried it again on Monday. It's so nonsensical and so dark (visually), I couldn't sit through the entire ep.

by Anonymousreply 14304/03/2013

I'm no longer following...

by Anonymousreply 14404/03/2013

There is a threshold of absurdity that frustrates people and makes them roll their eyes. This show has gone far over the threshold.

by Anonymousreply 14504/03/2013

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous.

I can understand that they can't show a hundred FBI agents running around towns or driving down the road, but wtf! only 3 or 4 people go to a house that is suspected of belonging to that cult???

Yeah, I know people hate that expression, but, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 14604/08/2013

>>> Congressional Republicans would be all over this shit.

Not if the president was republican. they only get upset when something goes wrong and the President is a Democrat. Those republican fuckers still don't have a problem with Iraq. Despite the fact that it and they were 100% WRONG. They don't want an investigation. They also didn't want one into 9/11

by Anonymousreply 14704/08/2013

I was waiting for Carroll to call Ryan "Clarice." There's a thin line between hommage and rip-off.

And Carroll left all three FBI agents alive because . . .?

by Anonymousreply 14804/09/2013

Because Annie P. is one of his followers?

by Anonymousreply 14904/09/2013

...and the young roughed-up (at this point) fbi agent could be as well...

by Anonymousreply 15004/09/2013

I'm done with this show. It's too stupid.

Not even Warren Kole can save it for me, unless he were to be nude and tumescent in every scene. And since that's as likely as his showing up at my door in a jockstrap, it's bye-bye Following.

by Anonymousreply 15104/09/2013

They should do something fun and unexpected. Make Natalie Zea part of the cult. Or Kevin Bacon part of the cult. A Jekyll/ Hyde moment. Next season can be all about their new following. Annie P and Shawn Ashmore seem to be easy expected undercover cult members.

by Anonymousreply 15204/10/2013

show gets worse and worse

by Anonymousreply 15304/11/2013

so stop watching!

by Anonymousreply 15404/11/2013

I wonder if some of the FBI agents are part of the cult. That would certainly explain the seemingly random stupidity. Or maybe I'm giving writers too much credit.

by Anonymousreply 15504/14/2013

Without Adan Canto, why even watch anymore.

by Anonymousreply 15604/15/2013

Why hasn't J. Edgar jumped out of his grave and blown up the FBI building already?

by Anonymousreply 15704/15/2013

I really liked the dead Paul scenes! They should keep those as a running meme; crazy Jacob is great.

by Anonymousreply 15804/15/2013

The FBI looked slightly more competent this episode. But how can the writers get a second season out of this if Joe is already decompensating?

by Anonymousreply 15904/16/2013

Did anyone see the Star Magazine article about how unhappy Kevin Bacon is with the writing? It had some major spoilers I won't repeat but I can believe Bacon is upset he signed on for this given how bad it's gotten.

by Anonymousreply 16004/16/2013

What was up with the female narrating scenes in this latest episode? It was distracting and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 16104/16/2013

the show has become overwhelmingly stupid

by Anonymousreply 16204/17/2013

I turned off the show 5 minutes into Monday's episode. When the hot Ashmore FBI character spotted Roderick then tried to arrest him BY HIMSELF with one tiny gun instead of calling for backup, that was the last straw. Can't watch anymore. Too bad because it started out really promising.

by Anonymousreply 16304/17/2013

Meh. I gave up on this show several episodes ago. It's the same thing over and over. Roderick and his followers are such fucking geniuses that no one can arrest them or even figure out what they're doing, and the people who act like good guys are infiltrated with followers, too.

Rinse, repeat. Again and again and again and again and again.

by Anonymousreply 16404/17/2013

This show makes the FBI look like Keystone Cops.

It's so completely insulting in its absurdity. There's a mansion full of serial killers with the head killer, now world famous, for some reason obsessed with Kevin Bacon, some lowly, drunk agent?

And somehow NOBODY can find them, and not one of about 200 people in this house would break and contact cops or screw up and be followed back?

And all the shootouts comes down to Kevin Bacon and the lady agent fighting with the bad guys with never a large contingent of FBI agents or cops around?

I swear I think I heard an exact line from Silence of the Lambs being repeated a couple episodes back.

Has this mess been renewed? If so, I don't see how.

by Anonymousreply 16504/17/2013

It was renewed in March.

by Anonymousreply 16604/17/2013

FYI, the last ratings to come out on this show, about two days ago, have it at 2.1/5, about 6.36 million viewers, so they're hardly abysmal, though not the greatest.

The wonk who runs the Renew/Cancel index at TV By The Numbers is guessing it may be a renewal but says it's too soon to tell since the rating seem to inch down often.

It's so bad that I almost want it cancelled just to save the careers of the actors involved.

And some Who-Cares trivia for you: They filmed many of the scenes from earlier episodes both in my building, across from it and in near-by buildings to me. The scene where the woman is thrown from her posh apartment by the crazy follower chick was the apartment across from us. Kevin Bacon looks as old and drawn in person as he does on TV, but I still love him.

by Anonymousreply 16704/17/2013

What happened to the retarded cop from Dexter playing Kevin Bacon's friend?

I know he survived. Is he going to be back before he has to report for duty at Miami Metro?

I mean, my god, he's got a restaurant to run. He can't be lurking around Virginia (a.k.a. Westchester County, NY) when there's so much drama back in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 16804/17/2013

Did Kevin Bacon really spoil who two of the people who are 'brutally' killed at the end of the season when he was complaining about the writing? I've seen two different articles and I can't tell which one is right.

by Anonymousreply 16904/19/2013

I thought for a second Annie Parisse was going to end up dead in a trunk again.

by Anonymousreply 17004/23/2013

Emma needs to be stabbed in her cunt.

by Anonymousreply 17104/23/2013

Another lead character bites the dust. I don't see how they can stretch this out for another season. Joe has lost almost all his followers. How many skilled death-cult members can he have recruited from prison?

Unless he becomes a Muslim, I don't see where he's getting any more.

by Anonymousreply 17204/23/2013

the actress who plays emma is very very good.

by Anonymousreply 17304/23/2013

Emma is a hot mess

by Anonymousreply 17404/23/2013

Emma is a crazy psycho bitch.

Good god!!!

by Anonymousreply 17504/23/2013

A straight friend of mine wants to fuck Emma so badly. The poor guy loves her pageboy haircut. I told him that he must like boys then....

Talk about beating a dead horse, Joe's antics are so stupid. His followers are cackling and psychotically smiling bores. Go after another cult if there even is a season two.......

by Anonymousreply 17604/23/2013

right, r176. because as soon as a woman gets a really short haircut she becomes a man.

by Anonymousreply 17704/24/2013

Um...why didn't Claire finish off Joe? Um..

by Anonymousreply 17804/24/2013

this cult is more infiltrated and connected than terrorist muslims, mossad, the black muslims, communists, neo nazis, and all the cartels put together.

MUST be because the cult is run by a white american male. they are so superior.

by Anonymousreply 17904/24/2013

That's a pixie haircut.

This is a pageboy:

by Anonymousreply 18004/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 18104/24/2013

Is Kevin Bacon's two-timing next door neighbor, who sleeps with him and secretly wants to kill him, still alive?

by Anonymousreply 18204/24/2013

R177 Yes! It's funny because the haircut makes her kinda/sorta boyish looking. I think my buddy likes her dangerous/nutty attitude as well.I'll never figure out exactly what straight guys see in bearded clams........

by Anonymousreply 18304/24/2013

They could easily keep Annie Parisse buried alive and I'd be fine with that. I hear she's wonderful on stage but in this and on her LAW & ORDER run she was awful.

by Anonymousreply 18404/24/2013

She wasn't bad on Law and Order and is not good in this because the scripts suck donkey dong. She was decent on that soap she was on as well and people know how shittily they are written.As per Annie's burial, debunks the fact that she was one of Joe's plants.

Speaking of former soap actresses,Natalie Zea should win worst Razzie for her work here!.She reminds me of a young Jane Seymour without the gravitas. BTW Jane never really could act that well but read that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 18504/24/2013

she's pretty at least

by Anonymousreply 18604/25/2013

This show has really lost steam and turned into a boring procedural as time went on. It's almost a parody of itself, and the whole idea that "anyone can be a follower" is so lazy and gives the writers too much room to cheat. I'll watch the finale because I hope to God they wrap up this Joe Carroll storyline. Purefoy is stale and boring in the role. Why do Americans think that an English accent automatically makes someone more interesting?

Kevin Bacon is cashing a paycheck. I must admit that woman being buried alive was chilling, but I don't see myself returning for Season 2. This show doesn't have a brain. It's B-movie schlock made even worse because it's stretched to a 13 hour length.

by Anonymousreply 18704/25/2013

I heard that KB wants out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 18804/25/2013

Purefoy's accent sounds more Welsh than English....

by Anonymousreply 18904/25/2013

R188 He should. It's terrible.

by Anonymousreply 19004/25/2013

I really hope the writing staff on this show worked for free. That was one of the worst season finales I have ever seen. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 19104/29/2013

Why didn't they just bury Alex alive?

by Anonymousreply 19204/29/2013

His wife's show was better.

by Anonymousreply 19304/29/2013

It's Brenda Leigh, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 19404/29/2013

So how are they going to bring Joe back for season 2? Or is his cult going to be taken over by Emma?

by Anonymousreply 19504/29/2013

At this point, who the fuck cares.

The finale sucked donkey balls.

Every main or featured character was knifed, shot, beaten and/or killed.

Okay, not Joey. He was just emotionally scarred for life.

It just got dumber and dumber.

by Anonymousreply 19604/30/2013

Not a lot of love for the show on this thread. I've purposely avoided reading it because I wasn't watching the show in real time, and I didn't want to read any spoilers.

So I started watching from the beginning on Friday and caught up in time to see the finale tonight.

Maybe it helped to watch it in marathon format. I can't know if that's why, but I really, really enjoyed the show. Yes it played fast and loose with credibility and so there was a suspension of disbelief required.

Most of the characters were interesting though and all of the twists kept me uncomfortable enough that I was constantly uneasy about who could be trusted.

Overall it was good fun. But I'm glad I watched it the way I did because there was a momentum that the show carried that would be interrupted by watching an episode per week.

But that ending?!?! Of shows that I watch, this might have been the most sudden and uneasy cliffhanger I can remember. The first season of The Killing previously held that honor for me.

by Anonymousreply 19704/30/2013

I'm of the belief that unless you see the character bite it on matter how many DNA blood panels you can run on a charred corpse, the character is popping back up next season.

The same goes to Natalie Zea and her "fatal" wounds...

Shawn Ashmore made it through worse than that earlier in the season.

by Anonymousreply 19804/30/2013

I agree about the dying on camera; and even then it doesn't always mean anything.

I thought the premiere was compelling and I really like Bacon but the constant killing and lazy writing with anyone being revealed as a follower turned me off.

Parisse likes to do other projects; she asked off of L&O. Same with Natalie, I don't think she'll be back.

But Joe will, of course.

I learned matching dental records mean nothing since James Stenbeck and Ruxton Hills.

by Anonymousreply 19904/30/2013

Tim Werner, Julia Lindsey and Gwen Hotchkiss all on the same show?

How does this not count as a soap thread?

by Anonymousreply 20004/30/2013

This show should jump twenty years into the future with Joe's son as the cult leader. And he's fucking Emma. And by the end of the season he tortures and kills her. The End.

by Anonymousreply 20104/30/2013

I'm pissed off that Emma lived.

by Anonymousreply 20204/30/2013

This show makes The Big C look like an Oscar worthy performance.

It's just so stupid. I wonder if the network is kicking itself in the ass for renewing it so soon. There's no way people are going to continue watching this into next season.

I haven't watched the season finale yet but PLEASE tell me the obnoxious, psycho pixie hair-styled giraffe neck woman was killed off.

by Anonymousreply 20304/30/2013

Of course Ryan would blitely announce that he was taking Clare back to his Brooklyn digs and everyone's response (like it was the entire series to any outlandish idea Ryan had) was sure why not? Every character with the exception of Mike deserves what they get.

by Anonymousreply 20404/30/2013

I suppose it's possible that Ryan will have a whole new cult to play with next season. Killing Joe off screen could be because Purefoy's contract is being negotiated.

by Anonymousreply 20504/30/2013

This should have been a miniseries. Why are networks so averse to that format?

by Anonymousreply 20604/30/2013

The executive producer answered some questions for Entertainment Weekly about the finale. But of course he doesn't give anything away except to say that the Emma character will definitely be part of Season 2. But in what capacity? Who knows? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 20805/01/2013

I agree with whoever said there will be no returning audience next year. Most of the people I know who watch the show were already tired of it, and were only sticking through to the end of the season to see how it finished. I imagine there will be a Smash-like drop in the ratings when the second season premieres. It doesn't help matters if they're planning to return in the spring like it's being rumored. People will be completely over it if takes that long to return.

What's the gossip on Kevin Bacon trying to get out of his contract?

by Anonymousreply 20905/01/2013

R200, you forgot Jennifer Munson, A.C. Mallet, and Jonathan Randall.

by Anonymousreply 21005/01/2013

Kevin Bacon and Warren Kole (Roderick) were sitting together courtside at the Celtics v. Knicks playoff game tonight. At least that's what it looks like to me.

by Anonymousreply 21105/02/2013

This is right wing propaganda that supports the idea that torture leads to accurate information!

by Anonymousreply 21208/25/2013

I wish FOX would kill this show.

by Anonymousreply 21309/09/2013

Dumbest. Show. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 21409/09/2013

A repugnant show

by Anonymousreply 21501/19/2014

Oh gosh, it's back.

by Anonymousreply 21601/19/2014

There they go with the gratuitous stabbing already.

by Anonymousreply 21701/19/2014

I felt sorry for that poor blonde girl. And she was in tech, too.

by Anonymousreply 21801/21/2014

I love this show so far. Just getting into it.

by Anonymousreply 21902/20/2014

We were where you are now, R219. Keep watching, then tell us what you think.

by Anonymousreply 22002/20/2014

Isn't it possible that Lily Gray wanted her and Joe to go to Venezuela to get extensive plastic surgery? I think she will. And maybe she'll come back looking like Jacinda Barrett.

by Anonymousreply 22102/28/2014

by Anonymousreply 22202/28/2014

Is Mandy developmentally challenged? Or she just a sociopath? It's hard to tell.

by Anonymousreply 22303/01/2014

She's both R223. And she wants Joe deep inside her. Can't say I blame the little bitch.

I bet Joe kills Micah next week and takes over the cult.

And is it possible Mike is really a Follower and that incident of his "dad" getting murdered was staged?

by Anonymousreply 22403/05/2014

I thought Bacon hated the show.

by Anonymousreply 22503/14/2014

Joe breaking a cat's neck last night was the show's nadir.

by Anonymousreply 22603/25/2014

This show is as sick as Criminal Minds.

by Anonymousreply 22703/25/2014

This is the stupidest show on television. I cannot believe people watch it.

by Anonymousreply 22803/26/2014

Bacon has to let it be known he hates the show. Even he must watch it occasionally and has to realize it's the dumbest series in recent memory, but he does have an image of sorts to protect. I never miss it, however, and I cannot explain why.

by Anonymousreply 22903/26/2014

Buh-bye, Lily Gray. Time for her crazy-assed twins to go all Joe Carroll on everybody.

by Anonymousreply 23004/15/2014

Finally. Someone truly deserving gets killed. Somehow, given all that has happened, I don't see Ryan asking for Mike's badge and weapon and referring him for charges. I'd give the episode about a 7.5 for stupidity this week.

by Anonymousreply 23104/16/2014

This show has obviously thrown any semblance of sanity out the window. It's the most bat-shit stupid thing I've watched in recent memory, but I can't stop because it's so ridiculous. I've never laughed out loud more often at a supposedly serious show. And where can they possibly go next season with this hilarious train wreck? A mystical island? Space??

by Anonymousreply 23204/16/2014

The show is off the rails bonkers. And all that stabbing.

by Anonymousreply 23304/21/2014

James can anyone not remember him totally nude in HBO "Rome" his slave washing him. Yes, frontal..

by Anonymousreply 23404/21/2014

R234, he also was pretty as a hot bi in Bedrooms & Hallways.

The show has been pretty crazy from the beginning. I couldn't really take it seriously after maybe three episodes on season 1. You just have to throw away your common sense when watching it, and somehow force yourself to believe that what is happening is real.

by Anonymousreply 23504/21/2014

I don't know why in the hell I watch this damned show. Now the twins have the ex-wife. That's it - I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 23604/21/2014

Cray cray show. Never before has law enforcement been portrayed as so weak, stupid, and bumbling. And the stabbing and ultraviolence is obscene and unworthy of broadcast tv. A grotesque debauched mess of a show.

by Anonymousreply 23704/22/2014

And that's why we love it so. I'm finally convinced that the stupid plotting is No accident.

by Anonymousreply 23804/24/2014

I agree, this is a big mess on purpose....we can't look away.

by Anonymousreply 23904/24/2014

Get ready for over the top craziness tonight on the Finale!

by Anonymousreply 24004/28/2014

Prepare for the Finale.

by Anonymousreply 24104/28/2014

Not a great season finale.

I guess next season will be a cult bowing down to Luke's corpse?

by Anonymousreply 24204/29/2014

It took we three days to get through this abomination. I kept stopping the tape and pledging, "NO! Not one more millimoment of this."

But of course I crawled back, just in time to see what's-her-name, bound, take down one of the twins and escape, again. So, she comes out of hiding to see Ryan. She escapes to see Ryan. She walks into the scary house to see Ryan. When she's finally fact-to-face with Ryan, exquisitely made-up btw, it's all .. "We have to talk. It's over." arrrrrrgh

by Anonymousreply 24305/01/2014

Stupid on top of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 24405/01/2014

It looks like the Season 2 finale of Fox's serial-killer thriller "The Following" slayed fewer viewers than last year's closer.

"The Following," starring Kevin Bacon, ended the season with 4.8 million viewers overall and a rating of 1.5 among advertiser-desired 18-to-49-year-olds Monday night, according to early numbers from Nielsen. Season 1 went out with 7.8 million viewers and a 2.7 in 18-49, so this year's finale is down about 40%.

The show still posted its best numbers in a month and a half, and Fox anticipates a boost of 60% or more from delayed viewing.

The series has been renewed for a third season.

by Anonymousreply 24505/05/2014

I can't believe this show was renewed for a THIRD season. Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 24609/15/2014

by Anonymousreply 24709/15/2014

It'll be interesting to see how bad Kevin's face looks while still maintaining a 20-year-old's body.

by Anonymousreply 24809/16/2014

I love this show. It's so bad, it's fabulous.

Kevin Bacon looks as though he's gritting his teeth and putting in a Herculean effort to make the best of it. The angsting looks more as though he's thinking "WTF am I doing here?" than portraying a character.

James Purefoy looks as though he's in a British pantomime; a microexpression away from either corpsing or shouting "IT'S BEHIND YOU!" at any moment.

Roll on, S3!

by Anonymousreply 24909/16/2014

Awful, awful show.

by Anonymousreply 25009/16/2014

when this horrific show return?

by Anonymousreply 25101/13/2015

I think Season 2 is scheduled to start March 2nd, r251.

by Anonymousreply 25201/15/2015

it is returning soon

by Anonymousreply 25301/26/2015

Season 3 starts Monday night.

I just read a short review of the episode from Entertainment Weekly. Apparently they are completely over this show. I think they gave it a C-.

No matter what, I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 25402/28/2015

Starts tonight

by Anonymousreply 25503/02/2015

This show has too much crazy packed into one hour. The guy with the invisible brother/split personality, talking into a mirror... only on TV.

Poor Kevin Bacon must curse Bernie Madoff 24/7. Hope he gets a blockbuster movie soon.

by Anonymousreply 25603/03/2015

There is so much ridiculous about this show that I can't understand why I enjoy it.

Season 1 was absorbing to me and I remember it fairly clearly. But I guess I didn't focus as much as Season 2 because I can barely remember what happened to some of the characters.

So Joe Carroll is scheduled to be executed soon. Was the character actually on the new episode at all? If he was, I missed him.

by Anonymousreply 25703/03/2015

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 25803/10/2015

I refuse to watch this show this season. It is gross and bad.

by Anonymousreply 25903/16/2015

The murderous blonde couple is incredibly annoying.

by Anonymousreply 26003/16/2015

I want to see murderous blonde Hunter Parrish fuck the batshit crazy murderous remaining twin. They're both hot as hell. The twin is probably a bossy bottom. And we better get a shirtless Hunter Parrish scene in this shitshow before his inevitable bloody demise.

by Anonymousreply 26103/16/2015

Do they have to meet a quota? Must there be a minimum of half a dozen stabbings per episode?

No Joe Carroll yet this season.

by Anonymousreply 26203/17/2015

I can't find any spoilers that explain Joe Carroll's activities in this season, but if he does escape you can bet it will be the most improbable and idiotic scene in the history of television.

by Anonymousreply 26303/17/2015

the graphic violence on this show is vile. why all the obscene stabbings? glad ratings are so low for this debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 26403/17/2015

Just binge watched the entire show on Netflix.

The second season was better than the first (especially with both Joe and Lily) and so far I like the third season too. The twins were freaky and now that they are 'merged'....

Funny that the dominatrix from S2 came back in the latest episode as a proper business student. I wish there was a way to make her a regular.

Now, every new character they introduce, I see them as a cult member automatically.

The series has made me a bit more nervous about being in public places.

Was glad they ended the Kevin Bacon relationship with the news journalist, but I expect she'll be back at some point.

His new doctor girlfriend of six months .... well, see above starting with Now, every new ...

I hate that I'm caught up and now have to wait .... why can't the networks release all episodes of the season up front like Netflix does ? They're trying to get viewers to pay a monthly charge for online viewing. I would consider it if I could binge watch.

by Anonymousreply 26503/18/2015

I'll have to check if there was another Following thread once season two picked up ...

If not, boy did this show take a tumble on the DL.

Over 200 posts about season one ..... less than 30 posts about season two.

I'm wondering if these 'new' Joe followers are part of the original group that had instructions to carry things out if Joe was recaptured ? It will be lame if Joe once again had privileges for communicating by mail and having visitors once recaptured ....

by Anonymousreply 26603/19/2015

It's a soulless piece of torture porn. How is Hunter Parrish, a devout Christian, justifying doing this show? It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 26703/19/2015

[quote]I'll have to check if there was another Following thread once season two picked up ...

I don't remember there being a Season 2 thread r266. You are right that chatter about the show died off here for Season 2 and looks to be at least as slow for Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 26803/19/2015

As someone above indicated, I think binge watching it helps ..... but I think binge watching EVERYTHING is better than tuning in weekly.

It's certainly not 'Downton Abbey' .... and it would be easy to be repelled by the violence ... but I now like the core trio of Hardy-Weston-Hardy.

Once that was all set up at the start of Season 2, I enjoyed it.

Season 1, where Joe Carroll and his followers got away with EVERYTHING was very frustrating, I agree. But that last two episodes (when Claire stabbed him) when he began to unravel, it got better.

I will keep watching it through to the end now ....

by Anonymousreply 26903/19/2015

i wasn't even gonna watch this season until i heard that the hot murder twin had gotten even more psychotic and that hunter parrish would be playing a psychopath too. damn this show, i wish they would stop hiring hot actors to play psychopaths, then i could stop watching, but alas, they keep doing it and i am weak.

by Anonymousreply 27003/24/2015

One of the most immoral tv shows ever. Utterly repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 27103/24/2015

There are now too many serial killers with followers to follow now.

'The father of all the serial killers' isn't all that fascinating to me.

The psycho twin is still pretty good

And 'you know who' is back now as well.

This type of show becomes most annoying because 'the bad guys' win, win, win until the very end. And yes, the body count is always too high.

by Anonymousreply 27203/24/2015

I'm liking the twist with my heartthrob, Michael Ealy. Glad FOX was able to find him a job since they cancelled Almost Human. Anyway, the Max Hardy - Weston - Max Hardy boyfriend triangle is intriguing. Will be interesting to see who this plays out.

Unfortunately/fortunately, I missed Season One so I got into it late. I did like Season Two, though and am liking Season Three.

by Anonymousreply 27303/31/2015

So now the teacher's best student ....The Ghost running around ?

Not sorry to see the doctor go ....but if I were his student, I'd worry ...their teacher wasn't smart enough to weed out a student that might kill HIM ?

We will see how the new guy plays ...if he is really attached to that family makes him vulnerable.

So now Mark and Daisy are wandering out there solo ? I am sure they will reconnect. Daisy was a loose end for The Ghost dumb move already. Why would a serial killer show another serial killer any mercy ?

Maxs boyfriend keeping FBI evidence is terribly shady ....what other important information could be on there ? He will not survive the season.

Mike has become pretty irredeemable now. If there is a season four, I don't expect him to make it. Plus they haven't killed a major core character since season one.

Ryan's girlfriend wanting to know everything and asking for the truth, truth, truth ? She is someone's Follower I tell you !!! Ryan will eventually lie and catch on to her ...probably not before she takes out Mike and makes it look accidental/natural. ...died of injuries or during surgery ?

Still overkill on the deaths .... Almost two dozen victims ...just in this episode

by Anonymousreply 27404/01/2015

is anyone else watching this show only b/c it's about serial killers? idgaf about ryan hardy and the "good guys."

by Anonymousreply 27504/01/2015

Only watched the first series. Could not take the guy who played Joe seriously though. I watched a romantic gay comedy he was in a few years back and every time he came on all I could think he, your boyfriend's back in England over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 27604/02/2015

Slow episode .... just 7-8 onscreen deaths .... snort (not sure if Ryan killed or wounded the follower that shot him. Guess they saved the doomed boss for next episode.

Such goofiness with them letting Max go out in the field without making sure she can fire a gun, etc.

And 'The Ghost' was looking at his wife (and kids) pretty crazily at the end of the episode..... Like a 'another loose end to tie up' ......

So if Joe goes to the chair/lethal injection in 7 days, that must mean his followers help him escape in 6 !

A serial killer with super computer skills is also super deadly ..... poor gay intern (and boss)

by Anonymousreply 27704/07/2015

I thought the best part of this season was Ryan dreaming he was shooting pool with an idealizing Joe at the end of the episode on Monday. It was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 27804/08/2015

That was good R278 ....

I'm thinking maybe Joe won't escape (again) .... perhaps due to this latest serial killer threat, Ryan (or the FBI) will request a delay in Joe's death sentence.

Somehow, I picture the series finale (very last episode) being Joe's death while in jail.

We'll see.

Not sure if this is yet picked up for a fourth season or not ...

by Anonymousreply 27904/08/2015

The ratings are terrible.

It's down to an 0.9 I the 18-49 demo. I think Fox will put it out of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 28004/09/2015

Understandable R280 .... it does take a really strong stomach and a total suspension of belief to keep up with it.

Example being this latest guy being within earshot of every conversation that Max was having (literally and with audio equipment) ...and then somehow being able to stay in the building that was supposedly evacuated .......and they never showed how he also managed to escape when Max told them IMMEDIATELY upon the police arrival to shut it down.

Hard to watch 'the bad guy' always winning, winning, winning and getting away with it ..... very long and drawn out until the dramatic conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 28104/09/2015

in this particular show, i'm watching and hoping that the "bad guys" keep getting away with it and eventually win cuz it's far more interesting than ryan hardy and his constantly saying fuck the police. now obviously i wouldn't and don't want this sort of thing in real life at all, but i want a tv show where the "bad guys" win.

by Anonymousreply 28204/12/2015

Cold blooded .... and Ryan pisses off anoher serial killer.

Was glad to see Gina back .... and then sad to see she decided she'd made the right decision the first time. But nice tht one of them gets out alive.

"The Ghost" said HUNDREDS before Ryan. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 28304/14/2015

Hearing the show might be cancelled .... hope they realized this possibility and plan to tie up the many remaining loose ends ....

Joe now has a weapon and a possible way to try t escape ...if successful, that means 'The Ghost', Mark/Daisy AND Joe will be out there .... with only 36 hours until his execution and only four episodes left, I am thinking he may just use the weapon to injure/kill someone Ryan loves.

I like when something unexpected slips up the bad guy (lie that phone call the soldier made to his ex wife) .... and Joe refusing to help Theo.

And OF COURSE, once again .... someone overhears just the right thing at the right time. I KNEW that laptop was going to be important (leverage for Daisy to use with Mark)and of course, Max's boyfriend overhears them pinging the location and manages to destroy it just when they're about to find it.

Really, dude ? Max is THAT hot and more important to you than your career .... now he can't cyber stalk her anymore anyway .... and they all know someone on the scene at Mark's had the laptop .... as I said upthread, this guy won't be a core cast member for long ...

by Anonymousreply 28404/21/2015

Glad this show is dying. Repugnant tv.

by Anonymousreply 28504/22/2015

Good Joe/Ryan stuff in this episode. Nice to see they'll have a way to keep Joe (as Ryan's 'talk to') for the rest of the season.

So much still to resolve in so few episodes .... Max's stalker boyfriend, Mark/Daisy and "The Ghost"/Penny (who I thought was going to be Daisy)

Plus ....Ryan's girlfriend ....good doc/bad doc ?

by Anonymousreply 28604/29/2015

If it was Season 1, that whole execution would have been staged because the key staff of the prison would have secretly been 'followers.'

Because of the lower ratings it doesn't seem like they will get another season renewal, but if they did, they could always go that route.

Joe being Ryan's imaginary buddy can only last so long - but enough to run out the rest of this season.

by Anonymousreply 28704/30/2015

Definitely not expecting a renewal (especially with the more high profile/viewer friendly 'Revenge' already being cancelled)

If it does eek out a renewal, I can't imagine another return from the dead for Joe Carroll ....that was already done for the start of season two.

by Anonymousreply 28804/30/2015

I wonder if they'll consider TV movies with the characters from this series ...

The final episodes of the season/series will have to blow through the storyline to get it all resolved ........

There was more than enough to tell without the whole Max's FBI boyfriend/stalker storyline ....that will be a big waste if there isn't some substantial payoff to it.

by Anonymousreply 28905/06/2015

Whatever happened to Ryan's pacemaker? He should be dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 29005/06/2015

And now they've introduced a new Hostel/Eyes Wide Shut group ..... it seems like the guy they stole the invite from was bringing his 'date' as a victim (he was the only one with a mask to wear)

Guess that was the planned main storyline for season four if it were to happen.

At first I thought that guy said the party was being held by LIZA ........and I thought "Aha ...I KNEW she was a serial killer !" ...........but it turned out to be ELIZA.

by Anonymousreply 29105/06/2015

Why do the networks seem to be announcing renewals and cancellations show by show by show.

They usually announce their entire new fall season schedule all at once, no ?

Anywhoooo ........if Mindy Project is gone, this one will be too.

If the writer's can write in shorter arcs (like as 2 - 2 1/2 hour movies), maybe Hulu or Netflix will consider it.

by Anonymousreply 29205/07/2015

Entertainment Weekly reported this afternoon that it is cancelled. Pretty brief notice.

Hopefully they'll tie up all this season's loose ends over the final two (two hour) episodes.

No mentions of any other network interest or online interest, so any further pursuit of the latest introduction of some Hostel/Eyes Wide Open murder society is likely not to ever be resolved.

by Anonymousreply 29305/08/2015

All now being very, very rushed.... in one two hour arc .......Max's roque FBI agent boyfriend - OUT, Theo's sister, Penny - OUT, Mark, crazy twin - OUT (?) ...

All that's left is Theo, Daisy (minor character) and Gwen, Ryan's pregnant doctor girlfriend (who, no doubt, Theo will kidnap to get revenge on Ryan) .........and I still say that doctor girlfriend will turn out to be a follower ...........maybe it will end with her trying to kill Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 29405/12/2015

Glad this abominable show is dead.

by Anonymousreply 29505/12/2015

Well, that was definitely a season ending, not a series ending.

Theo - missing, presumed dead (yea, right ...) Ryan - off the grid and apparently planning to go all 'Dexter' on the murder society (it's okay to be a serial killer of serial killers.

For a series this dark, I guess that's about the happiest ending you can hope for.

If season four had occurred, I'm sure they would've brought back Theo and somehow forced Ryan to come out of hiding and work within the FBI processes to bring down Eliza and the murder society.

If they find a way to bring the characters back (in TV movies or something), I'm sure they'll do that.

Otherwise: The Following: Dexter 2 isn't such a satisfying conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 29605/19/2015

I thought the last 2 episodes were pretty good and I'm sorry that there won't be another season. It was setting things up for an interesting return, IMO.

There was an article on the TV Guide website that said the last 4 episodes were already in the can by the time the cancellation was announced. Nothing was re-shot or changed due the cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 29705/20/2015

R297 .... I don't think it was a *bad* ending for the season ..... I really didn't expect a flash forward to Ryan playing with his toddler son, while a pregnant Max brought burgers to Mike at the grill.

Agree that I am disappointed it ended, but hopefully of some other version of it in the future.

Murder society was a great set up and the 'kill the rich' concept would've been entertaining. But Ryan couldn't have stayed off the grid for long. That group would've caught on that someone was killing them all.

The agent being a follower at the end was good .... but the series ended with me STILL believing that Dr. Gwen was SOMEONE'S follower ....they didn't do a great job making her likeable/trustworthy ...... Ryan/Claire and Ryan/Carrie were better (to me)

by Anonymousreply 29805/20/2015

Agreed R298 regarding Gwen. It would have been an interesting angle. Ryan would have been hard pressed to kill the mother of his child, even if she was one of "them."

The fact that Theo's body wasn't found was supposed to add to the next season.

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 29905/21/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!