Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

School shootings and massacres: how can we prevent them?

I think we should start a program teaching children anger management and conflict resolution skills. As well, sex should not be presented as something "holy" i.e. media needs to be manipulated.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

What the hell does sex have to do with school shootings?

I don't recall anybody opening fire as a result of being horny or thinking sex was shameful. Then again, I fast forward a lot.

by Anonymousreply 101/21/2013

Sex?

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2013

ARM ARE CHILDREN! MORE GUNS IN SCHOOLS! Guns prevent gun violins!

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2013

How about restoring the social safety net, particularly mental health services, and start outreach programs into the schools so troubled kids can get help?

Nah, it'd take tax dollars that could be spent on bombing Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

OP, first thing you should do is take those meds and call your therapist. You sound batshit insane.

On a related note, better mental healthcare in this country would go a long way towards preventing these shootings, as would stricter gun control for assault weapons.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

Take away all the guns. And then make drinking illegal. Virtually every violent crime has an incidence of alcohol attached to it.

Drugs should also be outlawed strictly. Make it impossible to get booze and drugs and guns and crime disappears.

And don't give me shit about Prohibition. You will find where it was enforced crime plummeted. Eliot Ness brought prohibition enforcement to it's knees and crime dropped in Chicago so much he was wooed by every state. He eventually went to Cleveland and also reduced crime dramatically there.

Only in places where law enforcement was bribed did prohibition fail.

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

Funny how they didn't happen much before the 60's.

You know, when there was NO gun control but lots of insane asylums.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

If it's purely a matter of guns, why do school shootings generally tend to happen in suburban areas as opposed to the country or the inner city where guns are more readily available? I firmly believe in gun control, but I grew up in an area where kids some times came to school with loaded guns in their cars from hunting and no kid ever shot anyone in anger (though sometimes someone got shot by accident) so I think there's more to it than just guns. I blame video games.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

It's the meds.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.