Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kylie Minogue

Is she big in the U.S.? I quite frankly have rarely hear about her.

by Anonymousreply 5701/26/2015

Only among the gays

by Anonymousreply 101/21/2013

What R1 said. Not sure why, but she's never quite been as popular here - several hits, yes, but not to the level she's loved elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 201/21/2013

Awful little toad dressed in glitter.

by Anonymousreply 301/21/2013

COLLECTIVE HUGE GAY GASP at R4's BLASPHEMY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 401/21/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

Damn, was her Locomotion cover awful, Little Eva might as well have been Aretha in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

She's had 2 Top 10 US hits, the terrible Locomotion, and "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" in 2001. 3 other songs were marginal Top 40 hits, none since 2001. That's plenty enough for a Britney-level "talent."

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

I'm not a Kylie fan but "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" was a great song. It would have been great no matter who sang it.

I liked "2 Hearts" too. Most of the other typical-thumpy-disco-diva stuff, I can do without.

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

For about a decade there, her records weren't even released in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 901/23/2013

She's still desperately trying to break into the US market. She even lowered herself to go on Fashion Police, where she dissed Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2013

[quote]She's still desperately trying to break into the US market.

Eh, not really. If she was that desparate, she would tour here more often. She did two dozen U.S. dates combined in 2009 and 2011. That's it, for her entire career.

It's like Robbie Williams. She does well enough elsewhere, it's not worth the time/effort to try and break the U.S., especially when it doesn't seem too interested.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2013

She's obviously nothing. Threads about me are about 7 times longer.

by Anonymousreply 1201/23/2013

25 years of hits in UK and many other countries, with no scandal only a rep for being a hardworking pro. Not really a "Britnany" level star. Much, much more. (Britnany still around in 25 years?!?!?! Not.) Sure she would like to break in the US, but her career is better than most without it.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

I liked "I Should Be So Lucky" when it came out. And she seems very charming and unpretentious.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

Kylie has admitted in the past that breaking the US market is not a big priority for her. It's probably the only country where she can walk around unrecognized, save for Los Angeles and New York where the paps are EVERYWHERE. Besides, she's been in the biz 25 years, and that's a great run for a pop dance star.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

You got your nerve, just because she's fat doesn't make her a bad person. Maybe she just likes food.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

[quote]Kylie has admitted in the past that breaking the US market is not a big priority for her.

They always say that after they've tried and failed. Any singer who says breaking the US market isn't important is full of shit. It's THE biggest music market.

BTW, Kylie hasn't had a number one song in the UK in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 1706/28/2013

All I ever think of is that hideous Locomotion song (and video) from the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 1806/28/2013

I always enjoy seeing her on Fashion Police and/or WWHL. She seems like a nice, grounded person.

by Anonymousreply 1906/28/2013

Roc Nation signed her several months ago, so it looks like Kylie is going to attempt it yet again. Guess Jay -Z is going to force her voice onto some ghetto blaster "music".

by Anonymousreply 2006/28/2013

I heard she is huge in Cesky Krumlov.

by Anonymousreply 2106/28/2013

She's pretty big here in Europe. I've always wondered why Americans don't really care for her. Anastacia is an even stranger case-she's actually an American, but is much more popular in Europe than in her home country.

by Anonymousreply 2206/28/2013

[quote]I've always wondered why Americans don't really care for her. Anastacia is an even stranger case-she's actually an American, but is much more popular in Europe than in her home country.

Lets face it - Kylie isn't all that talented and makes mindless pop music; we already have enough "singers" like her over in the US. Anastacia on the other hand I totally agree with that it's strange why she's not popular over her. She's one of the best singers out there. However, even she isn't all that popular in Europe anymore - her recent albums and singles have all flopped.

by Anonymousreply 2306/28/2013

[quote]Roc Nation signed her several months ago, so it looks like Kylie is going to attempt it yet again. Guess Jay -Z is going to force her voice onto some ghetto blaster "music".

She needs to give that pipe dream up - you aren't going to break the US music market at 45 years old.

by Anonymousreply 2406/28/2013

She's an almost talented 50-year-old woman.

by Anonymousreply 2506/28/2013

Her new song is good.

by Anonymousreply 2606/28/2013

r21 You misheard. It's Karlovy Vary.

by Anonymousreply 2706/28/2013

She's also very big in Goias Velho.

by Anonymousreply 2806/28/2013

She's really kept her looks.

by Anonymousreply 2907/25/2013

R29 "Kept" meaning Botox and fillers.

by Anonymousreply 3007/25/2013

some US gays like her. I personally don't care about her. She's another weak singer.

by Anonymousreply 3107/25/2013

She knows her place.

by Anonymousreply 3207/25/2013

I didn't know which thread to bump. This is good as any other. As I'm sure you know, Giorgio Moroder is releasing a new album this spring. Apparently, the lead single will be "Right Here, Right Now" (feat. Kylie Minogue). And, it's leaked. While new Moroder material will, of course, never quite equal the great work he did in the late 70s with Donna Summer (and as a solo artist), I'm quite delighted with this new song. The production is not particularly innovative, but to expect something totally new from a 74 yr old is perhaps asking too much. But, I'm really digging it. The production feels sharp and fresh with just the right amount of funk and Kylie, frankly, sounds better than she did on her most recent album. Love the ethereal "ooooh" in the second half of the chorus. Do wish it were a tad longer, though. Seems to fade out too quickly. The album also apparently features collabs with KFC spokeswoman Britney Spears, Sia and Charli XCX.

by Anonymousreply 3301/17/2015

Go, go, go Girl!

by Anonymousreply 3401/17/2015

R33 Boring.

Kylie hasn't made a good album since "X". And that was 8 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3501/17/2015

Whatever you think of her music she's renown in the business as being a brilliant artist to work for.

She treats all the crew equally, thanks everyone individually and is generally an awesome person. I have so much respect for her.

by Anonymousreply 3601/17/2015

Typical fodder in Kylie's hands, and I like her, but Donna Summer would have made this a real gem.

by Anonymousreply 3701/17/2015

I can't get enough of it. Funnily, to me, it wouldn't sound out of place on FEVER. It sounds much more like a Kylie track than a Moroder track featuring Kylie. But, perhaps that makes sense for Moroder in 2015. Were he to attempt to replicate his futuristic disco sound today, it would probably pale in comparison to his original work. Game changer? Of course not, but it's still pretty irresistible.

by Anonymousreply 3801/18/2015

the aussies still talk about her, but americans?

I think not.

by Anonymousreply 3901/18/2015

R36: She is renowned as a bitch. When the camera is off the beast comes out. She has had people telling her for years that she is talented and the poor thing actually believes it now.

by Anonymousreply 4001/18/2015

I'm an American Kylie fan, I like most of her music, but her last album was trash. I hope she does better with her next album.

by Anonymousreply 4101/18/2015

I liked some songs from her late 80s album.

Can't Get You Out of My Head was one of the WORST songs I ever heard.

I'm Still Standing from her 2003? album is a really good track.

Otherwise, meh

by Anonymousreply 4201/18/2015

Back in Australia, she was known as The Singing Budgie. Should have been The Screeching Cockie.

by Anonymousreply 4401/18/2015

Link to some proof, r40, you fucking bitch LIAR!

by Anonymousreply 4501/18/2015

Great body. She beats Madge in that department big time.

by Anonymousreply 4601/18/2015

R46, perhaps, but she definitely doesn't beat her sell out shows!

by Anonymousreply 4701/18/2015

Who cares, R47. It's not like she is hurting for money.

by Anonymousreply 4801/18/2015

R40 is talking out of his gammy arse.

by Anonymousreply 4901/18/2015

[quote]Typical fodder in Kylie's hands, and I like her, but Donna Summer would have made this a real gem.

At least Kylie loves her gays.

by Anonymousreply 5001/18/2015

R40 made the whole thing up. I see posts like that on DL all the time.

Some people think it's fun to make up shit. I think they're making up for not having anyone in their lives to listen to them.

by Anonymousreply 5101/18/2015

Ugh. You bitter queens always focus on this nonsense. I didn't bump this thread for this pointless discussion - of course she's nowhere nearly as popular in the US as she is (was?) in the UK and Australia; she knows that and has addressed that herself in numerous interviews - I bumped it because we had a fabulous new song that, frankly, wouldn't be out of place on the wonderful FEVER. Focus, f*ggots. ;)

BTW, if you missed it, a couple of months ago she released a free EP of songs with "it" producer Garibay as a tour opening gift to fans. The songs were much more sonically adventurous than anything on KISS ME ONCE. Kinda hoping she'll work with Garibay again on her next full length. "Break This Heartbreak" is an absolute banger.

by Anonymousreply 5201/18/2015

R11 got it right, two years ago.

And the Moroder song is excellent. I could actually see that becoming a pop radio hit.

by Anonymousreply 5301/18/2015

I'm from Biała Podlaska and Kylie is also very popular here. She's the third most popular female singer among the locals - only Thalia and Geri Halliwell enjoy more respect.

by Anonymousreply 5401/18/2015

She's got cult status although she basically sounds like any number of not very talented female pop singers.

by Anonymousreply 5501/19/2015

I'm not a big fan of hers, but this midget bitch has my respect because she recorded Chocolate, one of the most perfect pop songs ever.

by Anonymousreply 5601/22/2015

Okay, this is pretty major. Jealous of LNDN gays!

[quote]KYLIE, GRACE JONES AND NILE RODGERS SET FOR BRITISH SUMMER TIME: A disco trio to die for tops the bill

[quote]Kylie Minogue will headline London's Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park in June, supported by Grace Jones and Chic featuring Nile Rodgers.

[quote]As the third headliner announced after Taylor Swift and The Who, Kylie will top the bill at the festival on 21 June - and bring a much needed injection of disco to Hyde Park. If it's a patch on Minogue's vibrant 'Kiss Me Once' tour then we'll be in for a treat - particularly if she plays her latest collaboration with Giorgio Moroder.

[quote]Also announced on the bill is Grace Jones, who can always be relied upon to produce something truly extraordinary. Expect costume changes aplenty, extreme headgear, judicious use of lasers and some truly bonkers commentary. As the lady herself put it, "I'll bring the Jekyll to Hyde Park"

[quote]Chic featuring Nile Rodgers round off the bill. Rodgers has recently been in the studio with both Duran Duran and Lady Gaga but it is his deep back catalogue of flawless dancefloor fillers that will be on display here.

by Anonymousreply 5701/26/2015
Need more help? Click Here.