Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Charlotte Rae (Mrs Garrett) is Shopping a Memoir

Charlotte Rae reveals all the ‘Facts’

Charlotte Rae, best known for playing Edna Garrett on “Diff’rent Strokes” and “The Facts of Life,” is shopping a memoir called “The Facts of My Life.” The book describes how she discovered her husband of 25 years, composer John Strauss, was gay. Rae and Strauss, who won a Grammy for the soundtrack to “Amadeus,” had just moved into a new house in LA when he confessed he was gay and had been unfaithful. “First came the shock of what he had done behind my back, then the sting of being deceived for years,” she writes. “All I could feel was the betrayal and, worse than that, my shame.” The pair, married in 1950, had two kids and divorced in 1975 after Strauss came out to her. Strauss died in 2011. “John’s secret confirmed my feelings of inferiority,” Rae writes. “That I was less than a woman . . . That I didn’t deserve to be loved and valued.”

Rae also discusses her time on “Diff’rent Strokes” and “The Facts of Life” and the “strange experience” of “working in a job where all her peers are teenagers.” Her book is repped by Jennifer DeChiara’s Literary Agency.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

I really thought she was dead.

by Anonymousreply 101/21/2013

She's one of those people who's always been old. She seemed old when she played Mrs. Peachum in The Threepenny Opera back in 1956.

by Anonymousreply 201/21/2013

Angela Lansbury is another R2.

by Anonymousreply 301/21/2013

While she took the good, and took the bad, he was taking the cock!

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

The chapter devoted to her marriage should be titled "The Fags of Life."

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

Now that we already know the story, saw all those TV shows, we don't have to buy the book.

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

And Charlotte Rae as Edna Gar…land

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.