Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does Michelle look pissed?

I'm watching live feed from the luncheon. She looks kind of sad and not very animated. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 4301/22/2013

The lunch is deadly and way too long with way too many speeches and too much corny foolishness, almost like grade school -

and it always makes the parade start quite late.

4 yrs agoat the parade, it started so late because of the too long luncheon and it got dark and 99 percent of the viewers left, so all the kids from all over the U.S. had to march in the parade in the dark with zero viewers.

by Anonymousreply 101/21/2013

She was very animated all morning (as was Barrack) but the luncheon is tedious, and they've all been up since early dawn with little sleep.

by Anonymousreply 201/21/2013

Aunt Flo is visiting.

by Anonymousreply 301/21/2013

It can't be the menu:

First Course: Steamed Lobster With New England Clam Chowder Sauce, Sautéed Spinach and Sweet Potato "Hay"

Second Course: Hickory-Grilled Bison With Red Potato Horseradish Cake and Wild Huckleberry Reduction, Butternut Squash Purée, Baby Golden Beets and Green Beans, and Strawberry Preserve and Red Cabbage

by Anonymousreply 401/21/2013

Third Course: Hudson Valley Apple Pie With Sour Cream Ice Cream, Aged Cheese and Honey Maple Caramel Sauce; Artisan Cheeses

Wine: Tierce Finger Lakes Dry Riesling (2010), Korbel Natural, Special Inaugural Cuvée, California Champagne, and Bedell Cellars Merlot (2009)

by Anonymousreply 501/21/2013

Romney inaguration would have had molded Jell-O salad and Postum.

by Anonymousreply 601/21/2013

She was also pissed at a ceremony involving the American Flag. Michelle was seen by people (who could read lips) asking Obama why they were wasting so much time with it.

by Anonymousreply 701/21/2013

They waste so much time at the luncheon that it would make anyone burst a blood vessel.

They even insist that the president and Michelle and Biden and wife get up and walk over to two vases and inspect them and look at them.

very ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 801/21/2013

The use of the terms "artisanal" for foods and "curated" for spaces (such as shops) is tiring.

by Anonymousreply 901/21/2013

Well, she did have to sit next to Boehner. That could ruin anyone's day.

by Anonymousreply 1001/21/2013

The parade is going to start 90 minutes or more late.

just like last year

All the viewers will leave again because of the dark and the only people watching will be the Obamas like last year.

Even all the viewers in the Obama viewing box left because of lateness and darkness.

Obamas could leave because they didn't want to insult the parade marchers.

So the Obamas sat there until 6:30 or 7:30 at night even tho they had a whole bunch of balls to attend - probably 10 last yr

by Anonymousreply 1101/21/2013

meant to type:

Obama's could NOT leave because they didn't want to insult the parade marchers.

by Anonymousreply 1201/21/2013

Are you inebriated, R11?

by Anonymousreply 1301/21/2013

I'm glad the parade is late. I'm on the west coast and thought I'd missed it.

by Anonymousreply 1401/21/2013

Sorry, OP, but the angry black woman meme didn't work in 2008 and it's not going to work now. Frankly, I'm impressed at the discipline that she and her daughters are able to show on days like today. I would be fucking pissed at having to GO GO GO from sun up to sun down. Remember, she still has the Inaugural balls to deal with tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1501/21/2013

I love this GIF of FLOTUS having a bad reaction to John Bonehead today. She's not one to hide her feelings.

by Anonymousreply 1601/21/2013

She has bitchface. It's just the way her face is. She can't help it. I have bitchface too. We've had lengthy threads about bitchface and I want to say that we crown Adrian Barbeau, Queen of Bitchface. Over the years she's gotten better eyebrow maintainers (I have too) and I get asked a little less often "Is something wrong?" or "Are you mad at me?"

by Anonymousreply 1701/21/2013

Hello, I'm not from the US. What exactly is "Artisan Cheeses"? Are they made by respected artists? How do they differ to the cheese I can buy at my local deli?

by Anonymousreply 1801/21/2013

She received a text from Ann Romney calling her a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1901/21/2013

good one, R19.

by Anonymousreply 2001/21/2013

I think "artisan" cheeses, breads, etc. are supposed to invoke the ideas of "rustic" and "homemade" which sound far less special and marketable than "artisan." Usually made by small, independent companies in small batches and unusual varieties that you wouldn't find at the grocery store. They also purport use locally grown or sourced, natural unprocessed ingredients. And they cost an arm and a leg.

by Anonymousreply 2101/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 2201/21/2013

Her mother keeps telling her to stand up straight and smile.

"Sparkle, Chellie, sparkle!"

by Anonymousreply 2301/21/2013

Thanks R21

by Anonymousreply 2401/21/2013

It's really boring. Second inaugruations are for the donors, not for anyone else. They're boring and she has to sit next to people she can't stand (Boehner, Republicans) or people who don't interest her (the Cabinet, the donors, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 2501/21/2013

Thanks to Obama we missed most of Judge Judy!

by Anonymousreply 2601/21/2013

The Romney's would have had extremely fancy french food and Fox would go on and on how truly AMERICAN that is and how class is back in the White House. Well, the Romney's would have French food, the guests would all sit at a seperate table eating Panda Express and averting their eyes from the gleam off Ann's diamond crown.

by Anonymousreply 2701/21/2013

Boston Market, R27. Didn't Bain own it once?

by Anonymousreply 2801/21/2013

I just saw a replay of the Obamas walking and waving at the crowds. Michelle Obama looks very animated and happy. They both look happy and thrilled. She clearly prefers being in that setting versus some perfunctory lunch.

by Anonymousreply 2901/21/2013

I liked the purple gloves she was wearing during the parade.

by Anonymousreply 3001/21/2013

You can find anything you're looking for if you're willing to ignore reality.

by Anonymousreply 3101/21/2013

She can't stand Boehner's sad jokes.

by Anonymousreply 3201/21/2013

Gawker posted a great clip of her giving bitch face (or side eye or shade or whatever) to John Boehner during the luncheon.

by Anonymousreply 3301/21/2013

Boehner asked her if she'd like a Dutch oven.

by Anonymousreply 3401/21/2013

Boehner leaned back and asked Obama if he was cut or uncut.

by Anonymousreply 3501/21/2013

Throwing Shade!

by Anonymousreply 3601/21/2013

I don't know if she is or not but that's fucking hilarious. That and the moody teen, elbows on the table body language.

She would definitely rather be somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 3701/21/2013

Actually, it looks like her response is to what Barack said, not Boehner.

by Anonymousreply 3801/21/2013

"Boehner leaned back and asked Obama if he was cut or uncut."

To which Mrs. Obama replied: "You're about to be. This is real silverware."

by Anonymousreply 3901/21/2013

r39 - w & w!

by Anonymousreply 4001/21/2013

If you see the whole clip at the Gawker link, Boehner touches her arm in a familiar way and she reacts by defensively setting her elbow on the table, and THEN comes the comment that inspires the eye roll. She clearly doesn't seem to like him, but the context was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4101/22/2013

[quote]She was also pissed at a ceremony involving the American Flag. Michelle was seen by people (who could read lips) asking Obama why they were wasting so much time with it.

Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 4201/22/2013

She is animated, real and I think radiates intelligence and good will. When she and Ovama appear together at State functions here and abroad they make me as proud as the W Bush's made me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 4301/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!