Is Beyonce lip syncing?

Well?

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

no

by Anonymousreply 101/21/2013

No, she just being dopey and awful.

by Anonymousreply 201/21/2013

THE NY POST says yes!

Beyonce Knowle’s flawless performance of “The Star Spangled Banner” at the inauguration was entirely lip-synched, Page Six has confirmed. A rep for the United States Marine Band revealed that she decided to perform to a pre-recorded track at the last minute.

“All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day,” Kristin DuBois, a rep for the band tells Page Six. “We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the reason why.”

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

Oh my GAWD!

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

How come everyone was okay with Whitney Houston doing it, but not Beyonce?

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

That's different, r5.

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

[quote]Beyonce Knowle’s [bold]flawless[/bold] performance

They got that wrong. It was somewhat okay but not flawless.

by Anonymousreply 701/22/2013

How exactly R6?

by Anonymousreply 801/22/2013

Prerecorded or not she did a nice job of singing the song, but she is no Aretha, Whitney or Barbra in their primes- not close. She simply does not have the sound (timbre), power and ultimately emotion and artistry- not close. But she did ok.

by Anonymousreply 901/22/2013

Did you hear Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor? That's why. It's not easy to sing outside in the cold.

by Anonymousreply 1001/22/2013

She had all that time to record her vox and it still wasn't really that inspiring or interesting. Whitney still has the best version.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

First, she runs around with a sofa cushion under her dress for 9 months, then she's fake singing in front of an entire nation! Next they'll be saying that she wears hair extensions! Oh there are just no heroes left anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

Virtually all Top 40 pop singers lip-synch these days. Most acts are so dependent on Auto-Tune in the studio that they know they'll never be able to get that same sound live. So, they don't even try. I remember last year, when I went back to work on Monday after the Superbowl. A couple of the office queens were going on and on about how great Madonna still sounded live after all these years. I was like, "Mother fuckers, she was fucking lip-synching to the fucking records. That's why Like a fucking Virgin sounded exactly like it did in fucking 1984."

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

The difference between Whitney and Beyonce... I mean, obviously Beyonce can't even come close to Whitney's voice, but in terms of why it was okay for Whitney?

Whitney didn't have a choice. They told her she had to and she did.

Beyonce got to choose and then added her theatrics to try and make it look like she was working hard.

And Madonna did lipsync most of the Superbowl, but she did sing the Like a Prayer portion live, and no, I'm not a Madonna fan.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.