Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Please help me pick out an iPad

Should I go with the 3rd generation with more memory or the latest Retina iPad with less memory. Money Is an object so I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck. That said, if Retina display is significantly easier on the eyes I'm all for that.

I realize I'm late to the game here. Hopefully you experienced iPad users can share your wisdom.

by Frenchiereply 1402/05/2013

Wait about six weeks. They usually announce the new models in March.

by Frenchiereply 101/20/2013

And to add to VOTN's post at R1, once they announce and release a new model, the old ones are automatically $100 off what the comparable model is usually priced at.

by Frenchiereply 201/20/2013

Not only does the retina display model have a better screen, its cameras are much better too.

by Frenchiereply 301/20/2013

Good advice. I can certainly wait six weeks.

by Frenchiereply 401/20/2013

Get the Google Nexus 7.

Or, if you absolutely must have an iPad, get the next-generation iPad Mini, likely coming in a couple of months, which will almost certainly finally have the screen resolution it should have had all along.

by Frenchiereply 501/20/2013

Take a look at the Barnes and Noble Color Nook that came out a few weeks ago, it is besting all of the other competitors in professional rating groups like

by Frenchiereply 601/20/2013

Get anything that's got that little Droid character – that's got to be a good pad dealie.

by Frenchiereply 701/20/2013

I've been wanting to get an iPad too, I mostly want it to keep music on so I'm looking at a 32 or 64g. If that's the main thing I want to use it for, would the newer ones with a better screen be necessary?

by Frenchiereply 801/20/2013

The premise is confusing me. The iPad 3 does have a retina display.

It's only the mini that doesn't right now.

by Frenchiereply 901/20/2013

No, do not wait 6 weeks. There is no new iPad coming out. The 4th generation just came out in Dec. They changed the schedule so the holiday shoppers would be able to get the new ones. They don't even sell the 3rd generation anymore. It's only iPad 2 or iPad 4.

by Frenchiereply 1001/21/2013

What are you talking about, r10? They don't sell iPad2 any longer. The iPad released at Christmas was a mini not a full sized version update.

I never hear of anyone saying they feel they need to upgrade to the newest versions of the iPad. They seem to maintain their functionality.

by Frenchiereply 1101/21/2013

You don't know what you're talking about R11, like at all. The iPad 4 was released at the same time as the iPad mini and they retired the iPad 3. Now they only sell the iPad 2 or iPad 4 or iPad mini. There is no iPad 3.

by Frenchiereply 1201/22/2013

If money isn't an object, buy both. Give the icky one to your assistant. Put an exercise app on it. You type like someone who hires tubby people.

by Frenchiereply 1301/22/2013

The new iPad 128g is now available, OP.

by Frenchiereply 1402/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!