Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cat walks 200 miles along Florida coast to go home

Was lost during trip to Daytona Beach, returned to West Palm Beach two months later.

I've driven this route several times and the only thing I can think of that she did was walk alongside I-95. She would have had to walk on the highway many times to cross waterways and overpasses.

Brave kitty!

by Anonymousreply 1201/20/2013

And once the cat was reunited with his beloved family, he turned his back on them and sat like this for hours.

by Anonymousreply 201/20/2013

That's gotta be one worn-out pussy!

by Anonymousreply 301/20/2013

I'm glad kitty got home, but why were they taking a cat on vacation? It could only be stressful for it, because they like the familar and routine.

Here's another story. I think cats have a GPS in their brains that helps them relocate favorite sleeping and eating places. That's how they get home.

by Anonymousreply 401/20/2013

Hilarious, R2! Having been presented with the accusatory cat back dozens of times by dozens of felines, I knew exactly what that image was before I clicked your link.

by Anonymousreply 501/20/2013

R1 cats certainly have an excellent sense of smell. When cats are rubbing on things they are depositing a scent on that object which they claim ownership of. When they rubbing their cheeks against your lets they are saying "you're mine".

by Anonymousreply 601/20/2013

"lets" should be "legs".

by Anonymousreply 701/20/2013

Cutie pie!

by Anonymousreply 801/20/2013

What also strikes me as odd is how she knew which exit from I-95 to get off of.

They must be able to sense the latitude or something.

by Anonymousreply 901/20/2013

On a more sinister note, maybe they were trying to dump the pet? My neighborhood is full of folorn felines digging through rubbish bins for a scrap, discarded because they are no longer the cute kitty the owners purchased a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1001/20/2013

While possible, I guess, I am always suspicious of these stories. The world is rife with pathological liars and people will believe almost anything.

by Anonymousreply 1101/20/2013

Poor cat was trying to escape from Florida but got turned around.

by Anonymousreply 1201/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!