Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Your Favorite Drinks and How They've Changed

I never have drunk much except for some college binging. As a teen we all drank gin, straight (who knows why), as Tom Collinses or G&Ts. In college it was Heineken and Guiness and very cheap wine. We'd drink T-Bird or Rosie O'Grady because we thought it was funny. Young adulthood? Bourbon and water, Scotch and water or soda, and Vodka Gimlets or the occasional martini, and some liqueurs (and port) and the occasional beer (domestic without irony). Now? An occasional Scotch or Irish neat or good wine with dinner. And nice sparkling wines and the occasional (French) Champagne.

How have your drinking preferences changed over the years? From sweet to sour? Mixed to straight? Following the trends? People laugh when you order a sunrise or fuzzy navel? X-tini queen?

by Hiccupreply 701/20/2013

As an eldergay, I can't drink stuff like Rum n Coke, etc. much anymore -- too damned sweet. Haven't had a Tequila Sunrise in years. Still don't like scotch, but am into bourbon these days.

by Hiccupreply 101/20/2013

OP, you sound dipsomaniac.

by Hiccupreply 201/20/2013

18 - 20: Bud Light

21 - 25: Guiness, Coors, Hefeweizen, Smirnoff Ice, Mike's Hard Lemonade, Tequila Sunrises, Screwdrivers, Long Island Ice Teas

26 - 29: Pilsner Urquell, Jack & Coke, St. Pauli Girl, Miller Light

30 - 32: Miller Light, Egger, Pantyrippers (pineapple juice and rum), Gin and Tonics, Cabernet Sauvignon

Present (32): Pilsner Urquell, Moscow Mules, Cabernet Sauvignon

by Hiccupreply 301/20/2013

Never been a beer fan.

In college drank whatever everyone else had. Lots of wine coolers and Everclear punch. I went through a phase of drinking Jim Beam but I don't care for it much now.

Never did like rum or gin.

Vodka has been my go to for most of my post-college drinking but I'm truthfully not a huge drinker.

by Hiccupreply 401/20/2013

[quote]18 - 20: Bud Light

[quote]21 - 25: Guiness, Coors, Hefeweizen, Smirnoff Ice, Mike's Hard Lemonade, Tequila Sunrises, Screwdrivers, Long Island Ice Teas

[quote]26 - 29: Pilsner Urquell, Jack & Coke, St. Pauli Girl, Miller Light

[quote]30 - 32: Miller Light, Egger, Pantyrippers (pineapple juice and rum), Gin and Tonics, Cabernet Sauvignon

[quote]Present (32): Pilsner Urquell, Moscow Mules, Cabernet Sauvignon

Are those numbers minutes past the hour?

by Hiccupreply 501/20/2013

16-18- teenage experiments with beer (4 or 5 times only)

18-23- vodka and grapefruit, occasional beer

24-31- red or white wine, gin and tonic

32-36- gin and tonic, rum and coke, brief fling with apple martinis (Mary!), occasional white wine, occasional beer

36- present- rum and coke, manhattan, occasional beer

I would never drink a vodka and grapefruit, apple martini or red wine today. Too many bad hangovers, they just don't appeal to me now. I don't see much of a trend in my alcohol preferences in terms of types, I might have expected that as I get older my preference would shift to dryer drinks, but I still like my rum and coke. Spiced rum too, so it's very sweet.

by Hiccupreply 601/20/2013

High School : Beer and Screwdrivers

College and 20s: Bourbon and coke and an occasional screwdriver

30s: Vodka Tonics

by Hiccupreply 701/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.