Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue - Who will be on the cover this year?

White actors or white actresses?

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2013

Black celebrities are rarely on any mainstream magazine covers. Check out all the mags at the checkout - People, Intouch, US, etc. They very rarely cover any black celebs.

by Anonymousreply 201/20/2013

In a celebration of diversity, Vanity Fair will feature:

FRONT COVER (1 of 3):

Jessica Chastain

Jennifer Lawrence

Rooney Mara

Chloe Grace Moretz

(2 of 3)

Gwyneth Paltrow

Leslie Mann

Michelle Williams

Mila Kunis

(3 of 3)

Noomi Rapace

Naomi Watts

Julianne Hough

by Anonymousreply 301/20/2013

R2: Rihanna was on the January cover of Vogue

by Anonymousreply 401/20/2013

Only on DL would someone act as if this mattered at all to the actual serious problem of race relations in this country.

by Anonymousreply 501/20/2013

OP, I read somewhere that the VF cover is usually shot the day after the Globes because of the convenience of having somany stars in one place. That said, I hope it's a leading man cover. They did one its second year and the recent one was about five years ago (with Cruise, Hanks, Pitt, Damon, Nicholson, Samuel Jackson, Don Cheadle, Ewan McGregor and others)

Enough with the starlets, VF. You've done that one to death.

by Anonymousreply 601/20/2013

I want it to be Tom Ford again, since he is such a big Hollywood star.

by Anonymousreply 701/20/2013

I better be front and center.

by Anonymousreply 801/20/2013

Beyonce has made a few covers

by Anonymousreply 901/20/2013

I'm predicting an all-female cover, just because there aren't any hot *new* male stars. Who won big at the GG? Daniel Day Lewis, Ben Affleck, Hugh Jackman, Cheristopher Waltz, all of them solidly middle aged.

Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried etc. look much more glamorous on magazine covers. (And if the really do go by the GG, I predict Jodie Foster will be included.)

by Anonymousreply 1001/20/2013

I disagree, R10. The women you've named have each been on various actress Hollywood covers.

There would be absolutely nothing wrong with another established, leading man cover. Using the Globes attendees, including Clooney, Bradley Cooper, Affleck, Leo, Jamie Foxx, DDL, Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey, Jr, with a few others would make a great VF Hollywood cover.

by Anonymousreply 1101/20/2013

[quote]Don't blame Vanity Fair for the prominence of white actors on its Hollywood Issue covers, blame Hollywood for making movies mostly about white people.

No, blame magazine buyers. Covers with black faces on the cover sell fewer issues. Sad, but true.

by Anonymousreply 1201/20/2013

Doesn't the cover tend to feature YOUNG Hollywood, with up-and-coming stars? I would predict people we've barely heard of yet (like Aaron Taylor-Johnson or Qu'Whatsername Wallis) rather than established stars on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 1301/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 1401/21/2013

[quote]No, blame magazine buyers. Covers with black faces on the cover sell fewer issues. Sad, but true.

Bullshit. The best-selling issue in Glamour magazine's history featured Katiti Kironde, a young black model. The top 2 best-selling issues of Vogue have featured Naomi Campbell (on the 100 year anniversary cover, with her other fellow supermodels) and Oprah Winfrey.

by Anonymousreply 1501/21/2013

If you guess "White Actors & Actresses", you are correct!

The cover features Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone.

Quvenzhane Wallis and Kerry Washington are, predictably, in the overleaf.

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2013

Magazines like People, US, InTouch etc. cater to a different class or readers than the likes of Vogue which comprise a majority sophisticated and affluent urban readership. The celebrity rags are primarily read by middle-class and lower flyover fraus and the bottom line is they don't want to read about black celebrities. That's why you hardly ever see black celebs on the covers of the celebrity rags.

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

They still print this shit?

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

Vanity Fair is an affluent-targeted publication, you freaking dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 1901/29/2013

Benedict Cumberbatch.

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

Vanity Fair is more on the level of Vogue than People.

by Anonymousreply 2101/29/2013

The average household income of a Vanity Fair reader: $97,000. The average household income: $74,000.

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!