Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gun Appreciation Day Celebrated With Accidental Shootings at Gun Shows in North Carolina, Ohio and Indiana

Three people were injured at a gun show in Raleigh, North Carolina when a 12-gauge shotgun went off as the owner went through the security checkpoint. Fellow attendees started running out of the event after an announcement was made calling for an evacuation. Two others were injured at other gun shows in Ohio and Indiana on the same day, though all three incidents are believed to be accidents.

At the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, the shotgun discharged as its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check at a security entrance, injuring 3 people including himself. 'They had an announcement to evacuate the building immediately so everybody started walking, shuffling together towards the door to exit,' witness Catherine Newsome told local station WRAL. Two bystanders were hit by shotgun pellets and taken to a hospital. A retired deputy sheriff suffered a slight hand injury.

The shotgun's owner, 36-year-old Gary Lynn Wilson, brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer, Long said. Sheriff Donnie Harrison said that it was too early to know whether Wilson might be charged but that it appeared to be an accident. The North Carolina show, which is held at the state fairgrounds, is a quarterly event that usually draws thousands of people. The two-day show shut down early Saturday but will reopen Sunday.

In Indianapolis, police said a 54-year-old man was injured when he accidentally shot himself while leaving a gun show. Emory L. Cozee was loading his .45 caliber semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand as he was leaving the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show at the state fairgrounds, state police said. Loaded personal weapons aren't allowed inside the show. Cozee, of Indianapolis, was hospitalized for treatment. Police say the shooting was accidental and no charges will be filed.

And in Ohio, a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought Saturday when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend, police said. The gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm, but one round remained in the chamber, police said.Police Chief Pat Berarducci said it appears the bullet ricocheted off the floor and struck the friend in the arm and leg. The man was taken by helicopter to a hospital 30 miles north in Cleveland, Berarducci said. His condition wasn't immediately known.

The gun rallies held Saturday coincide with President Barack Obama's unveiling of a sweeping package of federal gun-control proposals in the wake of a Connecticut elementary school shooting that killed 20 first-graders and six educators last month.

by There's video tooreply 1901/22/2013

by There's video tooreply 101/20/2013

by There's video tooreply 201/20/2013

Is this an example of poetic justice?

by There's video tooreply 301/20/2013

Isn't their argument "we know how to use guns so we should be able to have as many as we want and besides it's just the amateurs who don't know what they are doing and are so dangerous"? All these sound like rookie mistakes, easily avoidable.

by There's video tooreply 401/20/2013

Darwinism at work. It really is best to get this trash out of the gene pool.

by There's video tooreply 501/20/2013

White on white violence.

by There's video tooreply 601/20/2013

I wonder what the fucking crackpots at the NRA and the GOP have to say about this?

I also wonder what they have to say about the armed school guard who left his gun in the school rest room

by There's video tooreply 701/20/2013

They'd probably say, give him two guns then. Just in case he does that again.

by There's video tooreply 801/20/2013

I'm torn betwen:

"None of this would have happened if EVERYBODY had been carrying a gun..."

"Guns save lives!"

But in reality, this is a good thing. The more of those gun nuts that get shot, the better.

by There's video tooreply 901/21/2013

Why was it loaded in the first place? Was that a necessary component of making the sale? Jesus.

by There's video tooreply 1101/21/2013

And not a single one of them in a well-regulated militia.

Imagine that.

by There's video tooreply 1201/21/2013

R10, a car is useful, it allows people to travel distances that were mindboggling 150 years ago. You can even use it to haul things. I keep hearing a gun is a tool but what is its function? Only to kill or maim. You can't even use it to hammer a nail into the wall or open a beer.

by There's video tooreply 1301/21/2013

R10 regurgitating the NRA false equivalency talking point we're seeing a lot of.

by There's video tooreply 1401/21/2013

What are you sad about, the perceived uselessness of guns, or senseless loss of life? I just call bullshit on selective tragedy trolling. That isn't an exclusively wing value, is it?

by There's video tooreply 1501/21/2013

Well, R10, the story isn't about accidents that happen at car shows. If it was, we would be talking about cars. But, you know, it's about accidents at gun shows so we're - surprise, surprise - talking about guns and their owners. Try to keep up!

by There's video tooreply 1601/21/2013

What, they ran the other direction..?

They didn't all turn and run TOWARDS the gunman??? This is disappointing.

I would think they react glee at the chance to use their god-given right to Mob and kill someone with their own guns?

I always imagined an event like this would end up looking like a scene from a Tarentino movie.

by There's video tooreply 1701/21/2013

And I just stood by and laughed and laughed and laughed.

by There's video tooreply 1801/21/2013

Several weeks ago, some guy shot his nuts off while shopping at Home Depot after church on Sunday. Just this week another guy lost his cock when the gun in his pocket went off.

by There's video tooreply 1901/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!