Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Horrible customer service

Have you ever been on the receiving end of horrible customer service? Which store has the worst customer service? I think it has to be BestBuy. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 2001/21/2013

Any place where I can't understand the person who's paid to help me.

by Anonymousreply 101/20/2013

UPS is the very lowest of the low.

by Anonymousreply 201/20/2013

Don't be ridiculous, OP. Best Buy doesn't have any customer service.

I'm going with Verizon Wireless. The people try but their systems suck so the person you are talking to doesn't have access to the right database and they send you off to another department where you have to identify yourself and explain all over again.

by Anonymousreply 301/20/2013

Any business allowing workers to say "No Problem" in response to "Thank You" is provding rude customer service.

by Anonymousreply 401/20/2013

Happy Inauguration Day, "No Problem" Problem Troll

by Anonymousreply 501/20/2013

I have to agree w/Best Buy; however, at the risk of exposing my eldergay status, I have to let you know (for future reference, dears) that WalMart Pharmacy is giving BB a run for the title.

by Anonymousreply 601/20/2013

I was just watching an old '50's sitcom, and the service staffs were so solicitious: "Ma'am" and "Please" and "Thank you- please come again".

Yesterday I asked a clerk in a book store where the coffee was, and she just gestured vaguely without making eye contact and said, "In a dispenser on the wall". I never did find it.

by Anonymousreply 701/20/2013

Welcome to Walmart. Get your shit and get out!

by Anonymousreply 801/21/2013

I went to CVS last week and wanted to talk to the pharmacist about eye drops. I waited at the consultation booth ten minutes, directly in front of her, for her to talk to me. She was busy, but not too busy to take two phone calls while I was standing there.

Why do people in retail place such a premium on answering the phone while neglecting a customer who is actually in the store?

by Anonymousreply 901/21/2013

FIOS. I spent an hour with them trying to resolve my internet connectivity issues. They said it was because I wasn't properly registered when I've had service for over four years and then they insisted that it was my laptop, even though I couldn't connect with my PC, either.

I demanded to speak with a supervisor. She looked up my zip code and it took her thirty seconds to see that there were multiple outages in my neighbourhood. Turns out, my sister, who lives in the same building, was having problems, too.

I called a general number and found out that if you ask for 'level three tech support' you usually get someone who actually lives in this country.

by Anonymousreply 1001/21/2013

[quote]WalMart Pharmacy

Not sure why you would subject yourself to the hoi polloi of Walmart. That being said, how does a pharmacy give bad customer service?

I'm 48 so definitely eldergay, I get 2 scripts a month. I reorder online stop and pick them up after work. They know me by name, and have them in hand by the time I reach the counter. Couldn't be easier.

by Anonymousreply 1101/21/2013

[quote]I was just watching an old '50's sitcom, and the service staffs were so solicitious: "Ma'am" and "Please" and "Thank you- please come again".

I remember when people spoke to you like that and I hadn't even been born in the '50s.

by Anonymousreply 1201/21/2013

Yup. Just recently. Ordered some products from the Mrs. Meyers Clean Day website -- seasonal stuff you can't get in the store. Order arrived only partially fulfilled, with no note about when the rest would arrive. Called their customer service. Spoke with the most obnoxious, apathetic, could-give-a-shit rep. She noticed there had been a 'system error' responsible for the problem. Did she even offer the most perfunctory apology? Nope. She acted like she was doing me a big, fat favor to send the rest of my stuff. It did arrive, in spite of her crummy attitude.

by Anonymousreply 1301/21/2013

When I worked at the Madison Avenue Brooks Brothers, according to policy customers who were in the store had preference. The counter phone would ring until the caller got tired of waiting and hung up.

by Anonymousreply 1401/21/2013

Medco has a headlock on many insurance plans to provide the only source for covered prescription medicine.

Good luck correcting their errors or reaching a human being for error resolution. If the doctor's office does not confirm within 48 hours, they deny the prescription. You have to babysit both Medco and your nurse whenever there's a new prescription.

Their database is pathetic so prescriptions not covered by the plan have a 50% chance of showing up. You mail in a prescription. They send a denial letter 5-6 weeks later.

They also like to auto-fill and auto-bill regardless of your preferences. Don't store any credit card information with them. I received insulin two months after my dad dropped dead. Then I received a bill. They can fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1501/21/2013

r15, how long have did you use Medco? They were bought by Express Scripts for $29 billion almost a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 1601/21/2013

November, R16, and the envelopes were printed 'Medco'. I threw out the bill; it might have had the new name.

by Anonymousreply 1701/21/2013

For me it's Verizon. Some time ago I switched Internet service that I had with them for Fios. At the same time I switched my television to them and bundled my cell phones and everything with them. Immediately the Internet was not working. After spending hours on the phone they decided I needed a new computer. With them fucking around at their office eventually the house phone and tv service went down while I was on the phone with them. Now I had to call back from my cell and go through it all over again. They had me behind the computer, behind the tv, unplugging phones, it was HELL. The computer, cable box and phones almost got thrown through the window that night. Horrible. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 1801/21/2013

R7, why were you looking for coffee in a bookstore?

by Anonymousreply 1901/21/2013

[quote] Why do people in retail place such a premium on answering the phone while neglecting a customer who is actually in the store?

Not excusing the pharmacist, but most of the phone calls in the pharmacy can only be taken by a pharmacist.

by Anonymousreply 2001/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.