Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay priests today

Do any straight Catholic men go to seminary? What percent are openly or secretly gay? What goes on these days? What's the atmosphere like?

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

Are any of your sibs nuns or priests?

by Anonymousreply 101/20/2013

It's like male hairdressers and male florists. The Catholic priesthood attracts gay men.

by Anonymousreply 201/20/2013

Any handcuffed priest stories to share?

by Anonymousreply 301/22/2013

There's a kid in my town that's studying to be a priest. He's a cute kid, but he doesn't strike me as gay though honestly who knows. I've often wondered about his motivation, but in his case, his parents don't have much money and are Catholic with a capital "C" so I'm guessing that it's a way to get an education (the church pays his tuition to Catholic U) and get out of a small town. People used to join the military for that reason, though that's far more problematic these days as they are likely to send your ass to war.

by Anonymousreply 401/22/2013

Most of the priest in my down stay dressed in drag. If they are caught, they claim to be infiltrating the ranks of the street walkers so they can save their soul. A few have give away tatts on their calves and ankles but other wise are indistinguishable from the female hookers. They are desparate not to be indentified as priest. One priest was arrested by his bishop because he was in drag saying mass, and you know nothing pisses a bishop off like seeing a woman is mass-drag.

by Anonymousreply 501/22/2013

The grandson of friend is studying for the priesthood at Dunwoodie, the seminary of the New York Archdiocese. Each year there's an extensive psychological exam to determine which candidates for ordination are gay and who might be a potential pedophile. Archbish Timmy Dolan is covering his ass because of potential lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 601/22/2013

NPR's "Talk of the Nation" had a segment on this yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

The priesthood has always been social climbing wogs. Before, Irish, now Hispanic, African, and Asian with a lot from Eastern Europe.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.