Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

PA High School Production of "Les Miz"

Sung better than the movie! How the hell does a public high school have so many talented kids? The full orchestra is huge and spans the whole front of stage. Amazing first class production.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013

The HS probably works on it all year, planning and rehearsing. Good for them. The Arts are dead in America, just ignored mostly

by Anonymousreply 101/19/2013

All the kids are great, but Eponine is Broadway ready. You can't take your eyes off her.

by Anonymousreply 201/19/2013

It must be an awfully big school to have such a HUGE orchestra.

by Anonymousreply 301/19/2013

WOW! What an outstanding production. In a cast of great singers, Eponine stands out. She does an excellent job -- as good or better than most I've seen in professional companies.

Here is the second half.

by Anonymousreply 401/20/2013

North Allegheny is a large,rich suburban Pittsburgh school. Schools here are big on football and musicals, interpret that as you will. There is even a city-wide annual awards show for our high school musicals.

by Anonymousreply 501/20/2013

Really good singers! They must have kids come from all over to attend the HS. Even the small parts are sung well. If it is a rich school, how come there aren't really much in the way of sets?

by Anonymousreply 601/20/2013

Wow. Thank you I really enjoyed this production unlike the movie. What an improvement casting actors who can sing the songs makes.

by Anonymousreply 701/20/2013

And it's a public school, not some "Fame" school for talent.

by Anonymousreply 801/20/2013

Wonderful production, and I'm particularly impressed that they found those wonderful male singers. If you've ever been involved in amateur theater, you'd know how rare they are.

I wonder if any of those boys are straight?

by Anonymousreply 901/20/2013

Nice production

by Anonymousreply 1001/20/2013

It's so sad that public schools are barely teaching the arts, because putting on a show like this teaches kids so very, very much.

Useless kids can learn practical skills like carpentry, sewing, painting, and electrical work, how to make beautiful music, how to impress an audience, etc. And acting or learning the play teaches kids to understand other people and other cultures. And they learn a much better form of teamwork than you find in sports, and they learned how to produce something truly excellent. A production like this can teach every kid involved something that will be useful to them in the adult world, the educational system ought to value these things.

by Anonymousreply 1101/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 1201/21/2013

They've already yanked the videos.

by Anonymousreply 1301/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!