Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have we discussed the meth dealing, cross dressing priest?

by Anonymousreply 3303/18/2015

I want an update on the naked priest who got stuck in some handcuffs, while wearing a ballgag and nipple clamps.

by Anonymousreply 101/19/2013

Monsignor Kevin Wallin is a Connecticut priest accused of being a sex-shop owning cross-dresser who allegedly made $9,000 a week dealing in methamphetamines!

It’s a case that has understandably rocked the Catholic community in Bridgeport.

According to federal authorities, Wallin – now dubbed ‘Monsignor Meth’ – was part of a cross-country drug ring that had ties in California.

The U.S. Attorney’s office claims he sold shipments of meth six times to an undercover cop between September 2012 and January 2013.

by Anonymousreply 201/20/2013

Connecticut is getting pretty wacky!

by Anonymousreply 301/20/2013

He's simply di-vine!

by Anonymousreply 401/20/2013

Wallin’s fall from grace began in 2011 when the Diocese of Bridgeport became concerned about his erratic behavior.

Diocese officials investigated allegations the priest was engaging in sex acts, entertaining “odd-looking men” and cross dressing in the rectory of St. Augustine Cathedral.

He resigned in July 2011.

Since leaving the church he rented two apartments in Waterbury and bought a store called the Land of Oz, which sells sex toys and X-rated DVDs.

According to The New York Post federal authorities claim the priest dealt meth from the apartments and used his sex shop to launder drug money.

by Anonymousreply 501/20/2013

He performed my next door neighbors' wedding and christened their four kids. They're pretty upset about this revelation. I don't know why they are surprised given all the other religious scandals we've heard about.

by Anonymousreply 601/21/2013

Could someone describe the process of "laundering" money in a sentence or two? I don't understand how you buy a legit business and then combine the earnings with an criminal source.

by Anonymousreply 701/21/2013

"Since leaving the church he rented two apartments in Waterbury and bought a store called the Land of Oz."

Aren't priests supposed to take a vow of poverty, chastity and obedience.

As is so often the case, the first two we all know are jokes. Apprently only the third one is required to get along in today's RC Church, since the Nazi in Rome demands it, just like his fellow countryman Adolf Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 801/21/2013

[quote]Aren't priests supposed to take a vow of poverty

by Anonymousreply 901/21/2013

R8, that would be nuns. But you get a pass here as I know it is very difficult to tell the difference between a priest and a nun.

by Anonymousreply 1001/21/2013

R7: He would make up sales figues for Land of Oz (nice name btw) and then deposit the drug money into a bank account for Land of Oz. That way the dirty money seems legit and gets "washed" clean.

by Anonymousreply 1101/21/2013

Actually, that would be the Jesuits. That is the reason for the knots on their belts (cincture). They are there to remind them of their vows.

by Anonymousreply 1201/21/2013

It's so rare to see a priest with any gumption. It will probably benefit the church.

by Anonymousreply 1301/21/2013

She's a hot mess!

by Anonymousreply 1401/21/2013

Thanks, R11.

by Anonymousreply 1501/21/2013

So far, The Daily Beast has the best article that I've read on this..

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2013

I'd like to hear more about the naked priest who had to be rescued from handcuffs.

by Anonymousreply 1701/26/2013

Ugh. Some people have no respect for the cloth.

He'll never get to the point where he can wear my manly robes and tiara.

by Anonymousreply 1801/26/2013

Wallin used to be a close personal friend of Timothy Dolan, who is now the Archbishop of New York.

I wonder if Dolan knew any of this, or better, is mixed up in it somehow...

by Anonymousreply 1901/26/2013

Basic idea of money laundering: take illegal money (ie earned through drug dealing; gun running; outright theft; whatever) and funnel it through a legitimate business. That means claiming the money was earned as part of the normal business operations of something legitimate. You pay taxes on the amount being laundered, and the rest you keep, because you have now made the dirty money "clean". The reason you do it is so that you can deposit and spend the money without raising eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2013

The HBO writers must be all over this story and developing a show with the premise of a meth dealing priest as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 2101/28/2013

Front page story on Msg. Wallin in today's New York Times.

It's honestly refreshing to see a story about a Roman Catholic clergyman who doesn't rape little boys or father illegitimate children.

by Anonymousreply 2202/20/2013

r8, some Catholic orders require a vow of poverty, but some allow members to own property and have bank accounts and some upper-echelon church leaders are very wealthy and live in luxury with the full consent and approval of the people they work for.

As for chastity, that boils down to RC clergy not being allowed to marry, so that they don't have spouses or legitimate children who would take money away from the Church. Of course thechnically they're not SUPPOSED to fuck around any more than other Catholics, but if they do that's not a deal-breaker in itself, especially if they are discreet and cover their tracks. If you follow the pedo priest scandals you'll know the standard protocol for dealing with a sex maniac churchman is to do whatever's necessary to hush up his victims and quietly transfer him to another parish.

by Anonymousreply 2302/20/2013

The only thing that could surprise me would be a true story of an honest priest.

by Anonymousreply 2402/20/2013

[quote]Wallin had been the longtime personal assistant and closest confidant to Edward Egan when he was bishop in Bridgeport, the two of them often going to see Broadway shows in New York.

You think they saw "Nunsense?"

by Anonymousreply 2502/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 2602/20/2013

Diocesan priests take no vows of poverty.

by Anonymousreply 2702/20/2013

This article says that, despite all the money coming in, he often engaged in petty arguments with his partners about weight and quantity.

Sounds to me like he was a mean, nasty dealer, and those are the first who are gladly turned in by busted dealers-turned-informants.

To all dealers out there, be nice to your partners and ESPECIALLY customers. The latter are usually all tweaked out when they slip and get busted, and in the middle of the manic episode, will think nothing of saving their asses from a few days in jail (the most a user will get) by turning in a dealer who's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2802/20/2013

This is the best story EVER! Celebrity gossip has been dull of late. They're being really careful.

I plan on sending the NYT and DB articles linked here to all of the old people I know who support the Catholic Church. I want them to be aware of this before they check out of this life. A big F you and I told you so to all of those judgmental old biddies. Enlarging the typeface, printing and stuffing envelopes as we speak.

This may just be the catalyst that forced the Pope into retirement.

This is going to be the best Easter ever. Baskets filled with sex toys and lace panties for everyone!

by Anonymousreply 2902/20/2013

Where are his drag photos?

If he's pretty enough, I may turn Catholic. (I already have an Irish-Catholic surname.)

by Anonymousreply 3002/20/2013

Well R19, we now know where the "METHodist Priest" learned how to launder money and move funds.

Dolan sat for a deposition with lawyers for some of the victims on Wednesday, the New York archdiocese confirmed. He was Milwaukee's archbishop from 2002 to 2009, a period in which the archdiocese moved $55 million into a fund for cemetery maintenance and as much as $74 million to a fund for individual parishes."

This means he was hitting Broadway shows with Monsignor Meth in the last three years. Their relationship is recent.

Uh oh. Hunker down. It's gonna blow!

by Anonymousreply 3102/22/2013

Tim Dolan Queenie Poses

by Anonymousreply 3202/22/2013

Gay face, gay face for dayyyyyys.

by Anonymousreply 3303/18/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!