Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sal Mineo would've turned 74 on January 10.

He was a little before my time, but I've seen his films and read about the circumstances surrounding his murder. Did he identify as gay or bi? His IMDB profile has him in a long-term relationship with his Exodus co-star Jill Haworth? Was she a beard, or was he authentically bi? If he had lived, do you think he'd have gone the route of many of his fellow actors at the time and done the gone through the Love Boat/Murder, She Wrote, Matlock mill? Would he have come out as gay late in life like Richard Chamberlain or Tab Hunter? It's sad to think that he might've even contracted HIV. What are your thoughts on this good actor who died way too soon?

by Anonymousreply 1101/19/2013

Would have had a career as a director.

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

Sal Mineo was fucking HOT. I would have loved sucking that hot uncut Italian sausage. What a cutie. If the rumors were true about Mineo and Don Johnson, I would have killed to have been a fly on the wall watching them bump cutie-patooties.

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

Nice short video clip of Sal working out and going for a swim in the creepy classic WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR.

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

He was such a druggy smart-ass jerk towards the end. But what a darling youngster.

by Anonymousreply 401/19/2013

[quote]Would he have come out as gay late in life like Richard Chamberlain

Richard Chamberlain didn't come out late in life. Everyone knew he was gay. When I was in high school in the 1970s, my English teacher had us watch a show with Richard Chamberlain in it and she said afterwards "He's so gorgeous, too bad he's gay."

by Anonymousreply 501/19/2013

We have him to thank for Don Johnson

by Anonymousreply 601/19/2013

But would he be a hissing eldergay?

by Anonymousreply 701/19/2013

My mom was shocked when Chamberlain came out. She thought all gay men were your stereotypical sissies. She was also shocked by Rock Hudson. To a certain generation, unless you're mincing all over the screen, like Liberace or Paul Lynde, you're considered straight.

by Anonymousreply 801/19/2013

OP, you fool, NO ONE was out during Sal Mineo's time, not even Liberace. If he had lived, I think Mineo would have come out in his 60s because it might revive his dead career a little.

by Anonymousreply 901/19/2013

I wonder how many guys shaved their armpits back then?

by Anonymousreply 1001/19/2013

Amazing body for 1965. And for now.

by Anonymousreply 1101/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!