Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Megachurch's Move To A Gay Neighborhood Raises Questions

Megachurch Mars Hill has made a new home in downtown Seattle, just southwest of the Emerald City's beloved gay neighborhood, Capitol Hill.

But the intentions behind the move could be suspect. In a press release obtained by KOMO News, the church's lead pastor, Tim Gaydos, said:

“This is an incredible opportunity to be a ministry hub for downtown Seattle as it will allow us to better serve the business men and women in our city, as well as the homeless and marginalized, as we're closer to one of our ministry partners, Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission. Also, being closer to Capitol Hill is a blessing as we are serving and ministering to those who are infected with AIDS on the hill.” As LGBT blog and news site ThinkProgress reports, Mars Hill -- which has voiced that it believes homosexuality is a sin and that they can "save sinners" through the love of Jesus -- has not indicated that it's partnered with Lifelong AIDS Alliance, the Seattle-based advocacy group that serves people with HIV/AIDS, a red flag that the church's only means of ministering to those "infected by AIDS" is to "pray the gay away."

Washington recently began issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in December after the state voted in favor of marriage equality in a historic 2012 general election.

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013

The pastor is named GAYDOS? You just can't make this stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

So deep, R1.

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

I think Tim's been getting a gay dose of cum down his throat every night.

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

More of Rev. Tim. So chic, so stylish.

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 501/18/2013

My mouth is open to all comers, 24/7.

Oh, did I say mouth? I meant, my CHURCH.

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2013

I smell FRESH cookies!!!

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

When did Capitol Hill become gay? I thought it was sort of a Silver Lake without gays.

by Anonymousreply 901/18/2013

Please read the article below to find out why gays should align with straight females in their mutual, continuous struggle for equality. Blaming increasingly strong, educated women (and Eve) for societal male failure?

by Anonymousreply 1001/18/2013

Capitol Hill has been gay since the late 1980s - at LEAST. It was the certainly the gay neighborhood when I lived there for a few years in the early/mid 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 1101/18/2013

Oh, that explains it -- thanks r11

by Anonymousreply 1201/18/2013

No Capitol Hill was gay as early as 1980. I visited a friend there that year and he explained it was the gay neighborhood, known to straights as the Swish Alps.

by Anonymousreply 1301/19/2013

Rev. Tim had an amazing weekend. Spent at the baths, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 1401/19/2013

Swish Alps sounds like a good name for a gay tour agency in Lucerne.

by Anonymousreply 1501/22/2013

Downtown isn't really "near" Capitol Hill much at all.

by Anonymousreply 1601/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!