Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna Lied About Building Schools In Malawi

A new controversy surrounding Madonna’s latest education project in the country which is the native home of two of her adopted children, raises many questions after Malawi education authorities on Thursday challenged a claim by Madonna’s organization, that her charity last year built 10 new schools in the poor southern African nation.

Education Minister Eunice Kazembe said…

“The schools Raising Malawi claims to have constructed were already in existence. Raising Malawi only built 10 classroom blocks and not schools. People should know the difference between the two.”

In December Madonna’s charity in tandem with global non-profit buildOn, announced the completion of 10 schools, claiming they would provide education to 4,871 children.

Madonna said in a statement issued at the time…

“I am overjoyed that my commitment along with buildOn’s to help educate the children of Malawi has come to fruition.”

Malawi’s education minister said the country wanted to “clarify any misconceptions that may arise.”

Raising Malawi released a full report (PDF) on the BuildOn school project.

by Anonymousreply 1701/19/2013

They only say this because I am a strong, sexually liberated woman in pop music.

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

They can dance- for inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

I'm waiting...

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

She's not sorry. It's human nature.

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

She's always been a cheapskate, the gay dancers in Truth Or Dare were ripped off too. They were barely paid anything even though they were heavily featured in pretty much her only successful and good movie.

by Anonymousreply 501/18/2013

They should take a holiday, some time to celebrate. It would be so nice.

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2013

I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me R5.

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

They shouldn't settle for second best. They should put her love to the test.

Long stem roses are the way to their heart, but she needs to start with their heads.

I'm not surprised by this report.

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

Why is she so cheap? I'm sure she could use the tax write-off.

Didn't she buy her little black daughter, Mercy?

by Anonymousreply 901/18/2013

I always did think there was something shady about this whole "building schools in Malawai" stuff. She's got half a billion dollars in the bank and she's so fucking greedy she refuses to donate any of her own money to get these schools built.

Nothing but an old whore pig.

by Anonymousreply 1001/18/2013

Wasn't building these schools the "apology" to Malawi for the whole Kaballah scandal? I'm a bit fuzzy, but she supposed to help build schools through some Kaballah organization, but it turned out the organization was keeping the money for itself and sending none overseas.

by Anonymousreply 1101/18/2013

She's been under investigation by the government over this stupid Kabbalah charity for years now. I'm surprised she's not in jail yet.

by Anonymousreply 1201/18/2013

It's going to be sad when David & Mercy realize they were adopted for publicity, like the "Why did you adopt me?" scene in Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 1301/18/2013

Well, looks like she better schedule an interview with me soon!

by Anonymousreply 1401/18/2013

What is M talking about at r1?!? Is she taking too many of her bone density pills again? Oh dear...poor darling.

by Anonymousreply 1501/18/2013

Don't you 'poor darling' me, you reductive bitch! What the fuck is a disco stick anyway?

by Anonymousreply 1601/18/2013

Christina Crawford just trashed her saying that she got these kids for the PR.

You just know that one of Madonna's four kids is going to write a tell-all book.

by Anonymousreply 1701/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!