Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Professor James Tracy says he’s facing university probe over Newtown conspiracy

A tenured professor who controversially claimed the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut never happened is worried that he may now lose his job.

Florida Atlantic University professor James Tracy told the university’s student newspaper that the university plans to have a meeting with him later this week regarding his conspiracy theory, which he published online.

“They’re getting people calling them saying that this person shouldn’t be teaching, he’s an awful person and what have you, so I think that they have to do something,” Tracy told University Press.

“I don’t know what there’s going to be. I don’t know if that would involve stripping me of my tenure and dismissing me, or what. That’s something that’s ultimately for them to decide.”

Last month, Tracy claimed the tragic shooting of 20 young schoolchildren in Newtown could be part of a conspiracy to push for gun control. He went so far to question whether the shooting even actually happened, or was just an invention of Obama and the media.

His conspiracy theory gained national attention after numerous media outlets, including CNN’s Anderson Cooper, reported on it.

On Wednesday, Tracy raised questions about the recent shooting at Taft Union High School in California, suggesting it could have been orchestrated by the government.

by Anonymousreply 901/19/2013

as well he should.

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

How'd he ever get to be a Professor?

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

I thought the right-wingers don't believe in tenure or the academic freedom to champion unpopular ideas? Now he wants to whine because he's about to be tossed out on his hinder, as his ilk believes every university should have the right to do? Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

If I was a student at FAU, I would not take any classes that is offered by the Professor. I can't take the man seriously knowing that he thinks the government is responsible for the deaths of 20 children in the hope -- the mere hope -- of advancing gun control.

If he had solid evidence to back up his claim rather than spouting off crazy gibberish, then perhaps I'd take him more seriously. As it is, he's compromised his legitimacy as an academic.

by Anonymousreply 501/18/2013

[quote]How'd he ever get to be a Professor?

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2013

Yes, usually the world of higher learning frowns upon those proven to be complete whackdoodles.

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

Gee professor, look up the word consequence. Now reap what you sow

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

tenured or untenured?

by Anonymousreply 901/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!