Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Man shops at Utah JCPenney while carrying assault rifle

A man in Riverdale, Utah walked into a local JCPenney department store this week armed to the teeth, carrying a holstered handgun, a semi-automatic assault rifle and extra clips on his belt.

The strange display of firepower was enough to draw a scene, with bystanders taking photos and making concerned comments to one another. Images of the man published to Facebook caused a stir in the community and got the attention of ABC 4 in Salt Lake City.

The woman who took the photo that got the most attention said it happened on Wednesday, just four hours after President Barack Obama announced a series of executive orders relating to firearms.

Utah state law, however, says the man’s actions are legal, provided the weapons were unloaded. The man was not positively identified, and JCPenney’s public relations team did not respond to a request for comment.

The assault rifle he was carrying was an AR-15, the same firearms platform used to kill 27 people in Newtown, Connecticut in December. In the wake of that massacre, U.S. officials have called for banning those type of weapons from the civilian sphere, although taking such action would require congressional authorization.

by Anonymousreply 3501/20/2013

Magic Christian.

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

God, what a fucking pussy. He must have terrible self-esteem if he thinks that makes him some kind of tough guy.

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

The man is my worst nightmare about the radical gun rights lobbyists. I'm not against gun ownership, but the idea of being able to openly pack heat anywhere and everywhere is what scares the heck out of me. Not scare me in a shooting rampage sort of way, but that the US will feel more like a police state. Men and women walking around with their pistols, AK-47 and rifles openly and proudly morning, noon and night. What kind of country do we want to be?

I have always hated the open-carry laws.

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

And that image certainly makes people feel safer of course - of just makes you look like a lunatic and scares the crap out of every one around you.

by Anonymousreply 501/18/2013

"Utah state law, however, says the man’s actions are legal, provided the weapons were unloaded."

So who's gonna go up and ask him if they're loaded?

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2013

I wish elibible Muslim, Latino, and African American would join the NRA toay. As soon as legally possible get every permit necessary and follow suit. I'd pay to see this shit.

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

r8, cite a source for your purported stats

by Anonymousreply 901/18/2013

If it were a black guy with a gun, you can guarantee the police would have been called and people would have been screaming for their lives.

by Anonymousreply 1001/18/2013

r10 speaks a sad truth.

by Anonymousreply 1101/18/2013

He was just supporting Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 1201/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 1301/18/2013

Actually, I'd love to see a parade of thousands of black people walking down Main Street USA with guns in hand and shirts that say "Supporting my 2nd Amendment Rights."

Watch how fast guns would become illegal in America.

by Anonymousreply 1401/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 1501/18/2013

Black teens, R14. Since they're the "most likely to be victimized by gun violence."

Lets's see what the NRA has to say about that.

by Anonymousreply 1601/18/2013

Isn't that great? We already have a political charged issue that is gun control and now a couple of race-baiters want to turn this into a racial issue.

May I remind you all that Chicago is having a murder epidemic. St. Louis, Detroit, Oakland, Chicago exists in their own universe of gun violence. Many of them them are in possession of illegal handguns. Chicago has a tough gun control policy and yet the streets are filled with firearms.

by Anonymousreply 1701/18/2013

[quote]May I remind you all that Chicago is having a murder epidemic. St. Louis, Detroit, Oakland, Chicago exists in their own universe of gun violence. Many of them them are in possession of illegal handguns. Chicago has a tough gun control policy and yet the streets are filled with firearms.

And who deserves the protection of the 2nd Amendment more that the usual victims of such illegal firepower -- the law-abiding black people?

by Anonymousreply 1801/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 1901/18/2013

What revolting and frightening thing for him to do. Of course, I'm talking about shopping at JCPenney.

by Anonymousreply 2001/18/2013

Exactly, R18!! Stock 'em up.

by Anonymousreply 2101/18/2013

R3, it may be his right currently, but if I have my say, it won't be for long. And if stores allow this kind of nonsense, I won't be shopping there either. And, trust me, I'll be spending more $$ than this pencil dick.

by Anonymousreply 2201/18/2013

[quote]And if stores allow this kind of nonsense

Exactly. Any business that allows people to carry guns is not one I'm going to be shopping at.

Goodbye JCPenney.

by Anonymousreply 2301/18/2013

Well, I always assume people who shop at JC Penneys carry guns or worse. Just one of the many reasons I don't shop there.

by Anonymousreply 2401/18/2013

First it was Macy's for some reason or another now you all are boycotting JCPenny. From what I read of the company, they are gay friendly and trying to restore their business. Just because some nubbed-dick decided one day to waltz around the store w/his wanna be penis strapped to his back doesn't mean JCPenny should be ostersized. If it happens again, and Penny's doens't address it, then boycott. I wouldnt' want to be in a store that allows micro

by Anonymousreply 2501/18/2013

[quote]JCPenny should be ostersized.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013

Oklahoma has a new open carry law. Every time I see some dumbass in the store with a gun I call 911 and report a suspicious person with a weapon. They must respond. There is a movement here to do that hoping the impact of calls will change the law. Interesting not one single oklahoma sheriff supported open carry. Our bitch governor is a gun nut.

by Anonymousreply 2701/18/2013

In theory it would be great to have blacks armed to the teeth, walking around supporting their second amendment, however don't forget Trayvon Martin. Most of those blacks would be shot while trying to prove your point. Sad but true.

I strap one of these to my back and pull it along while I shop. Never had a problem with gun nuts.

by Anonymousreply 2801/18/2013

If I saw someone other than a cop carrying a gun I would call 911, how would I know what they intended to do. I'm surprised that the guy at JC Penny was not surrounded by a SWAT team.

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2013

R28 we don't actually advocate this--just making a point that we're fairly certain that the NRA and other guns nuts would not care to apply Second Amendment protection equally.

by Anonymousreply 3001/19/2013

He was probably just preparing to defend himself from an attack by the Fashion Police.

by Anonymousreply 3101/19/2013

insecure, small-dicked pussy.

by Anonymousreply 3201/20/2013

Could one of you responsible gun owners chime in and confirm that he's absolutely carrying that gun in a stupid way. One that's unsafe and just asking for an accident? Fucking micropenis. When you think a trip to Penney's warrants a sidearm, you're mentally ill or just a giant pussy. (with a micropenis)

by Anonymousreply 3301/20/2013

Gun owner here. No reason to open carry an empty weapon, except to draw attention to yourself. I'd only do that from my the parking lot of the shooting range, to the range itself. I suspect the Second Amendment Shopper has an unusually small penis.

by Anonymousreply 3401/20/2013

Well yeah I was reading an article in the Gun Challenge series at the NYTs the other day about Florida's Stand Your Ground law (adopted by other states as well). It said there were over 200 cases since 2010 where shooters evoked that law - 70% were white with no further charge brought, the other 30% were black and, you guessed it, they were charged.

It's a white man's law.

by Anonymousreply 3501/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.