Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Manti Teo's Credibility is Falling Apart Faster Than a Bookshelf from IKEA

He admits he lied about the "girlfriend" while still pretending he was the victim. Sorry pal, it doesn't work that way. Best of all, check out the comment section and see how some are starting to suspect he this ruse was invented to cover up his gay secret.

by Anonymousreply 10502/15/2013

A celeb lying until they can't they're forced to tell the truth. What's new?

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

What better indicator the country is in splendid shape and moving forward, than this insipid "sports" story makes national news.

Key-riest, this crap is less news worth and that trike rider from Austin.

USC is recruiting patients for their trials of their new rectal relaxant, Phlapidapinlol. If you have problems with an overly tight asshole, call USCNOLITE.

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

I like my bookshelf...

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

I actually believe him. I've been the victim of something similar. It happens more than you think.

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2013

R2 If this is so embarrassing, then why did Manti call attention to it in the first place? This guy brought this all on himself, lying and making shit up, playing the sympathy card and milking as much of the press and attention he could get. Then when he gets caught in his lies, we are all supposed to say, "awwww poor baby. Leave him alone, he is embarrassed."

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

gay!

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

Whatever troll @ r7

by Anonymousreply 901/18/2013

Who are these freaks and assholes saying let it go? The dude is possibly gay and made up a girlfriend.

This is what DL was made for.

Fuck off r2, you fucking shill. Assholes like you are killing this place.

by Anonymousreply 1001/18/2013

i'd suck on his beer can thick penis any day!

by Anonymousreply 1101/18/2013

Ignore the unhinged troll @ r10.

by Anonymousreply 1201/18/2013

[quote]Whatever troll

TRANSLATION: Damn, why did they have to use facts? And ask me questions they know I could never answer. If only they used the same pretend fake logic I use everyday then I wouldn't look like such a fool. How can I respond? I know, I will use what I used in the third grade. That is sure to work!

by Anonymousreply 1301/18/2013

"Fat Asian"?? This kid is built like three brick shithouses.

by Anonymousreply 1401/18/2013

"USC is recruiting patients for their trials of their new rectal relaxant, Phlapidapinlol. If you have problems with an overly tight asshole, call USCNOLITE."

IS THIS TRUE???

Please, dear God that I don't believe in, make it true.

by Anonymousreply 1501/18/2013

[quote]I actually believe him. I've been the victim of something similar. It happens more than you think.

There's a TV series about this: "Catfish: The TV Series" based on the movie. Some of these fakers have been doing it for years. One was so good at it, she even fooled the show's investigators. Another interacted with over 100 men.

by Anonymousreply 1601/18/2013

Exactly r16. I don't understand the hate for this kid. He's young and what he did was try to manage something that was so unforseen. Leave him alone and focus on your own lives.

Leave this young man alone.

by Anonymousreply 1701/18/2013

I dn't believe him. There was far too much of him corroborating the evidence about his girlfriend and meeting her and his family selling the story.

Island trash.

by Anonymousreply 1801/18/2013

The one you should be angry with is the head of Whole Foods.

by Anonymousreply 1901/18/2013

I feel really sorry for him. He's young, and royally fucked up...we have all been young and stupid, but this will follow him forever. It isn't like he hurt anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2001/18/2013

[quote]what he did was try to manage something that was so unforseen (sic).

So, it was unforeseen when he lied and said he met this "girlfriend" who never existed? It was unforeseen when even after he was told others knew she never existed he insisted on still telling his tale of woe to anyone with a television camera? He sold you a bag of baloney and you're gobbling it up like its filet mignon.

by Anonymousreply 2101/18/2013

[quote]It isn't like he hurt anyone.

Sure, as long as you dont count the more qualified players who deserved the Heisman but lost out because they didn't have the heart tugging story he invented.

by Anonymousreply 2301/18/2013

[quote] ME and millions of proud Americans

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAA!

o shit, that is comedy gold!

by Anonymousreply 2401/18/2013

Get a load of Mary Worth at R22.

by Anonymousreply 2501/18/2013

I talked online to this chick who claimed she was a model for months. Her pics were hot and believable, pics of her with friends as well as professional portfolio pics. She kept stalling about meeting, which I thought odd but chalked it up to she being shy and cautious. I really got curious when she never cammed, but I had her phone and talked to her. She sounded hot. I was smitten, started telling friends. IN the end, she confessed that she was an obese 47 year old grandma in Alabama. I felt so betrayed.

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013

I had no idea being a proud American means you also like being played as a chump.

by Anonymousreply 2701/18/2013

LEAVE MANTI TEO ALONE!!!

by Anonymousreply 2801/18/2013

Why didn't you just call me a "frau", r25. That is where you were headed. I know your type.

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2013

Even I think he is GAY - and that is HUGE coming from ME!

by Anonymousreply 3001/18/2013

I know you all think you are being funny but please remembe-a person who never liced is now DEAD!

by Anonymousreply 3101/18/2013

Yeah we know your type too, R29.

by Anonymousreply 3201/18/2013

I will give R29 credit. Typing while also clutching your pearls is indeed a talent.

by Anonymousreply 3301/18/2013

See this thread for another tale--involving a hot 19-year-old stud.

by Anonymousreply 3401/18/2013

No, R22, I call it as I see it. You're not a frau, you're Mary Worth. Now please go and meddle in somebody's affairs and give unwanted advice.

by Anonymousreply 3601/18/2013

R26 is a straight man who must be killed.

by Anonymousreply 3701/18/2013

Manti and real gf. Pic in link.

by Anonymousreply 3801/18/2013

And his was al happenthe time he was freaking out over the dead girlfriend. He rebounded FAST!

by Anonymousreply 3901/18/2013

Regardless of who the villain(s) is, his family believed his story...which is evident from hearing the uncle speak. I don't count the dad because he came off less than authentic/honest. You have to be really sick to "kill" the girlfriend the same day his family is grieving the death of the grandmother. Whether it's the other guy or the football player, someone is truly heartless. When your family hurts, you hurt, and they thought he'd suffered another incredible loss.

by Anonymousreply 4001/18/2013

[R2] It is a hoax, a hoax on everyone that follows football. He used his hoax to further his personal interests and reputation. Why not just ignore the thread if you are so offended?

by Anonymousreply 4101/18/2013

Inventing the fake girlfriend is one thing. But to then kill her off with cancer, and get all sorts of sympathy for that when it wasn't true is an insult to the memory of anyone who really did die of cancer and an insult to all the people who lost a loved one to cancer. You have to be a real scum bag to do that.

by Anonymousreply 4201/18/2013

There are now rumors coming out that manti was fucking tons of girls on campus.

Such a far cry from the good little Mormon boy who prayed on what school to go to.

In the end, the blind will forgive him, be relieved he is just a heterosexual and he walks away with scads of money.

by Anonymousreply 4301/18/2013

R22 = Father Neal N. Bobb from Notre Dame

by Anonymousreply 4401/18/2013

Fake girlfriend screams GAY, especially if the parents were in on it.

by Anonymousreply 4601/18/2013

R45 now you're just embarrassing yourself. Here's a hint, dont use words when you dont know what they mean. What R43 wrote is not slander.

by Anonymousreply 4701/18/2013

" I HAVE A BOOB JOB ON MY BACK "

by Anonymousreply 4801/18/2013

I suspect R45 is a friend of Manti or a Notre Dame booster. Do a troll-dar and check out the repeated message of "leave him alone; he's done nothing wrong."

by Anonymousreply 4901/18/2013

Te'o is also a cat burglar on the weekends and has robbed many of South Bend's grandest homes.

by Anonymousreply 5001/18/2013

How many p.r. professionals did it take to come up with this lame story? Apparently Te'o couldn't say it yesterday because he wasn't bright enough to come up with it himself.

by Anonymousreply 5101/18/2013

[quote]There are now rumors coming out that manti was fucking tons of girls on campus. j

well, the catholics and the mormons are desperate to stop the gay rumors so.....

by Anonymousreply 5201/18/2013

The story of him not saying anything for the "good of the team" is still not a valid explanation for not visiting a girlfriend who was dying of cancer.

Or attending her funeral.

Or acting on the horny urges of every 20 year old man with a penis.

by Anonymousreply 5301/18/2013

If they are R49 then R45 is doing a horrible job at it. It really says something when the one person defending him is so willfully ignorant and immature. Most adults, when presented with questions to back up whatever claim they are making will try their best to come up with some facts. Mary Worth (as R45 has been named) instead hurls what they think are insults, demands the person be F&F but never, every answers the questions. Very poor show.

by Anonymousreply 5401/18/2013

He should have used the old "my girlfriend lives in Canada" line.

by Anonymousreply 5501/18/2013

This was a comment from a reader of the OP's linked story at TMZ:

[quote]He had almost a Tebow like character so i doubt he was this mastermind to gain even more publicity for a Heisman trophy.

Manti Tebow has a bit of a ring about it.

He was just taking a leaf out of the Tebow playbook: Reasons I Don't Have A Girlfriend - Part 3.

by Anonymousreply 5601/18/2013

And where did Mary Worth go?

by Anonymousreply 5701/18/2013

Mary Worth (@ R22 etc.) appears to be familiar with DL etiquette (talk of trolls and F&Fing) so they're a DL regular who feels a personal connection to the story.

Mary Worth, are you Ronaiah Tuiasosopo??!!

by Anonymousreply 5801/18/2013

But the way R22 talks does indeed make it seem like the comments were hitting too close to home.

by Anonymousreply 5901/18/2013

[quote]I actually believe him. I've been the victim of something similar. It happens more than you think.

Why do people always say this? How do you know how much I think "it" happens?

Plus, you're just trying to normalize it because it happened to you.

by Anonymousreply 6001/18/2013

Then maybe r22 can help me pronounce all these names.

by Anonymousreply 6101/18/2013

This will not end well

by Anonymousreply 6201/18/2013

Manti has got to be gay.

Making up a fake girlfriend? Please. Was she a flight attendant too?

by Anonymousreply 6301/18/2013

It is clear from multiple witnesses that Te'o has been dating other women. Now, the question is why didn't they object to his high-profile relationship with the fake girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 6401/18/2013

Look at the video on this ESPN story about the hoax: interview footage with T'eo himself where he is very specific about his intimate acquaintance with "Lennay". He also makes nauseating references to his strong christian faith in the same breath as he lies about their relationship. Add to that the lies he told his family and other interviewers. He's not as an unwitting dupe but in it up to his eyeballs.

Another story you can link to on the ESPN coverage is about another woman who knew T'eo who had made an arrangement to meet "Lennay" at a ND football game but, surprise! surprise! "Lennay" never showed. Who DID turn up was someone claiming to be "Lennay's brother" along with a child. That "brother" turned out to be hoax conspirator Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

T'eo was lying through his teeth to all these people.

by Anonymousreply 6501/18/2013

Here's the other ESPN article I mentioned in the previous post. It talks about the un-named woman who met with Tuiasosopo posing as "Lennay's brother" halfway into the story.

by Anonymousreply 6601/18/2013

Why does the media conveniently forget that he actually claimed to have met her? It's always the poor Manti, he's been so cruelly hoaxed angle.

by Anonymousreply 6701/18/2013

The real life actual 'girlfriend' who Manti was supposedly dating this past fall--and she actually is a real person--well, that relationship only lasted two months and they broke up.

(He's gay.)

by Anonymousreply 6801/18/2013

What was his excuse for not seeing her when his team was in town, since she went to Stanford?

by Anonymousreply 6901/18/2013

Is there any information about how Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and Manti Teo's lives intersected before the hoax? Family members? Did they do to the same H.S.? Boyfriend? Do they know each other at all?

I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 7001/18/2013

"Fat Asian"? I'd fuck his hot ass for days. Clearly some manorexic racist needs eyeglasses.

by Anonymousreply 7101/18/2013

yuuuuuuuum

by Anonymousreply 7201/18/2013

wow, the story has died.

by Anonymousreply 7302/14/2013

No sense in keeping this as front page news. Everyone just figures that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 7402/14/2013

[quote]Falling Apart Faster Than a Bookshelf from IKEA

Bad analogy.

Ikea bookshelves are solid if put together properly. I have a number I've had for 10+ years that are as solid now (i.e. very) as they were when originally built.

by Anonymousreply 7502/14/2013

r74, not necessarily. ON Sports Talk shows, most of the callers I have heard did not think he is gay. Mainstream society needs blatant evidence to think someone masculine and athletic is not heterosexual. It just doesn't seem possible to most.

by Anonymousreply 7602/14/2013

He will be the biggest story in sports at the time of the pro draft

by Anonymousreply 7702/14/2013

I originally thought he was gay, but I think the case for that has largely evaporated. He had thousands of calls, texts, and emails to someone pretending to be a woman; phone records proving he did that weird thing where he would stay on the line overnight just to hear each other breathe as they slept; and a weird and confused kid who was in love with him and has owned up to the whole scheme.

I think it's pretty clear that, at a minimum, Manti really and truly believed he was interacting with a woman all that time. I could hardly say it is reasonable to accuse him of 'lying' based on what he said after he knew the truth but before the story broke: it was surely humiliating enough on its own and was not really anyone's business but his own. He did not owe the public explanation, especially while he was trying to himself sort out what had just happened.

There might be some weird screwed-up reasons why a person would go along with an electronic-only relationship for so long, but it's plainly clear that he is not alone in having been catfished.

by Anonymousreply 7802/14/2013

[quote] I could hardly say it is reasonable to accuse him of 'lying' based on what he said after he knew the truth but before the story broke

Except before the story broke and he knew the truth, he was claiming he met her. And to keep milking the "my girlfriend died" tale AFTER he knew the truth is strange and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 7902/14/2013

[quote]Except before the story broke and he knew the truth, he was claiming he met her. And to keep milking the "my girlfriend died" tale AFTER he knew the truth is strange and creepy.

I agree with all that, but I still don't think he owed the public an explanation. Not to mention, it would have been painful and embarrassing to answer an interview question about her with "well, turns out I've been made a fool of for a long time now..." I think he was hoping the story would just quietly go away.

by Anonymousreply 8002/14/2013

R76, gay men will always be associated with fem-ininity regardless of the occupation. And, quite frankly, who cares. There is nothing wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 8102/14/2013

[quote]I still don't think he owed the public an explanation.

When you play the public like a bunch of chumps, lying to them so you can get they sympathy and support, then yes, you DO owe the public an explanation.

[quote]it would have been painful and embarrassing to answer an interview question about her

Too. Fucking. Bad. Is he a man or is he some sensitive little baby who can never be challenged? A person should be embarrassed when caught in a lie.

by Anonymousreply 8202/14/2013

well, if he'd been in on the scheme all along, i would feel very differently about him. but when he told the world his girlfriend died and he garnered a lot of news and sympathy for it, it is pretty clear he absolutely believed it. he wasn't 'playing' anyone, he was getting played.

by Anonymousreply 8302/14/2013

My IKEA "Billy" bookshelves have stood for over 25 years, OP.

Just sayin'!

by Anonymousreply 8402/14/2013

[quote]it is pretty clear he absolutely believed it. he wasn't 'playing' anyone, he was getting played.

For fucks sake! Are you retarded? what part of "after he knew she never existed he continued to tell the lie" dont you get??? What part of telling people he actually met this nonexistent person face to face is in your mind telling the truth? Are you one of these people who loves to be played as a chump? Do you crave for people to disrespect you and treat you like you're some stupid hick who believes anything they are told? He fed you and all his supporters a bag of bologna and you gobbled it up like its Filet Mignon. And on top of that, its a source of pride for you. You are basically standing here, saying, "look at me! I'm gullible and stupid and believe in fairy tales".

by Anonymousreply 8502/14/2013

oh for fuck's sake, shut up r85. this isn't your story. i'm sorry you feel so personally betrayed by manti teo. must be rough on valentine's day. if you were so taken in by manti's story and then crushed by the cold truth, then you're the gullible and retarded one. those of us who knew him as a great football player with a sob story like so many have are able to move on just fine.

by Anonymousreply 8602/14/2013

R86 Thats the best you can do? Seriously? When faced with the facts you tell the person to shut the fuck up? Wow. Sorry sweetheart, but when someone displays the amount of ignorance you just did, no number of insults are going to have an impact. But please, keep presenting yourself as a naive rube who believes everything they are told. Nigerian princes seeking help securing their fortune are grateful for people like you.

And who exactly was betrayed here? Me, a person who never heard of him before this, or you, the person who refuses to recognize the truth and keeps defending a liar?

by Anonymousreply 8702/14/2013

you are a sad and pathetic person, r85, and not terribly bright. you've heard all that many times before, i know. take your drama-loving hysterics elsewhere. maybe a soap opera thread? let the men handle the sports talk.

by Anonymousreply 8802/14/2013

R86 I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'm selling. Interested?

by Anonymousreply 8902/14/2013

I thought he was gay too but experts are even proving the female voice impersonation as authentic and identical to the voicemails. I did laugh when I saw the kid do it on Dr. Phil. It sounded ridiculous. But, still, if people say it's a match, then I guess this guy thought he was talking to a female. Unless there was some creepy role-playing, but I doubt it. A stereotype of gay men is that they pretend to be women duping men online...I do hope this Manti Teo is lying still and this guy took the fall for him.

by Anonymousreply 9002/14/2013

R88 Once more, I couldn't care less what people who defend liars think. That you feel the need to resort to lame personal attacks and name calling when faced with the truth about someone you admire says all we need to know.

by Anonymousreply 9102/14/2013

a real genuine, lol, on like 10 levels! thank you r85!

by Anonymousreply 9202/14/2013

Watch 'Catfish.' This happens a lot more than you'd think.

by Anonymousreply 9302/14/2013

Interesting article.

by Anonymousreply 9402/14/2013

He used the fake girlfriend for his public image and got the Heisman trophy thanks to the pity party he started talking about the death of his fake girlfriend.

He got too much out of this convenient lie for it to be something he had no knowledge of.

And regarding the public. When you play the public for sympathy, support, and fan worship you better expect them to ask questions when your image the sympathy, support, and fan worship is based on gets cracks.

by Anonymousreply 9502/14/2013

R87, if this had been the extent of your post -- "But please, keep presenting yourself as a naive rube who believes everything they are told. Nigerian princes seeking help securing their fortune are grateful for people like you." -- I'd have wanted to see you in W&W.

Not that W&W counts for much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9602/14/2013

Nobody does it better, I need some Alarest

Nobody does it half as good a Jews

Baby, baby, HEBREWS are the best.

by Anonymousreply 9702/14/2013

He has a nice fat ass!

by Anonymousreply 9802/14/2013

R86, ready for her valentine and tired of people who don't believe in the deceptive, dishonest power of love.

by Anonymousreply 9902/14/2013

r81, perhaps it should not matter, but the fact is that it is matters a lot because it is a major reason for the prejudice against gay men.

by Anonymousreply 10002/14/2013

r95, he did not get the Heisman Trophy, dude.

by Anonymousreply 10102/14/2013

[quote]He used the fake girlfriend for his public image and got the Heisman trophy thanks to the pity party he started talking about the death of his fake girlfriend.

He didn't get the trophy, though he was in the running for it.

by Anonymousreply 10202/14/2013

Oh, and R86 also is one of those cretins who can "move on" but can't capitalize properly, or even set the auto-cap function on her fat-finger cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 10302/14/2013

R100, only to those that let it bothers them. And, why it bothers them I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 10402/15/2013

r

by Anonymousreply 10502/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.