Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Travolta wanted to leave Scientology so he could marry a man!

He was afraid the Scarytologists would try to blackmail him

by Anonymousreply 4101/24/2013

He'll never leave. He has the ultimate beard woman. And he gets to shoot his seed all over town in every dark damp sauna he can find.

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

Lies, lies, and more lies. Why can't we leave this obviously heterosexual loving husband and father alone. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

Nobody EVER leaves........

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

‘Going Clear,’ Lawrence Wright’s Book on Scientology

Here is the NY Times review of the book mentioned in the NE piece. Looks interesting.

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

R4, The Hollywood Reporter has an excerpt of this fascinating book. Did you read the part wear Miss Cabbage had special military-style uniforms made for his Beagles, and requires his Scieno execs to always salute the dogs when they walk past?

by Anonymousreply 501/18/2013

No r5, didn't read that, but that's really funny. That book is going on top of my books to get next.

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2013

He should have left when his son died.

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

You go gurl! Three snaps!

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

If he was so worried The Church would black mail him, and he left, what about all the people that would have seen him in a wedding dress, they could blackmail too.

by Anonymousreply 901/18/2013

I thought he was going to go off when his son died. That was his chance for the public (if he cares what they think) to understand him.

by Anonymousreply 1001/18/2013

Well perhaps if he actually married a man, the church probably would not have much after that to blackmail him about.

by Anonymousreply 1101/18/2013

What are you trying to Imply reply number 7?

by Anonymousreply 1201/18/2013

John Travolta seems like a decent guy who got in over his head with a destructive cult because it offered the promise of turning him "normal" back in the days when normal did not include being gay (or bisexual) and when being gay would have meant the complete destruction of his career, a career on which almost his entire extended family depended for support.

The dramatic tension could make a really interesting book or movie, should he ever decide to truly tell it. He could trump Scientology by telling all and thereby do himself (and many others) a lot of good.

by Anonymousreply 1301/18/2013

You wonder how happy/unhappy his existence is.

by Anonymousreply 1501/18/2013

If there was ever a glaring example of one suppressing one's true self in the pursuit of "glory", it's this story. I have some sympathy for him. If he had run off with his gentleman friend, he'd have been a lot happier and healthier. The innumerable sauna stories over the years are a symptom of this.

by Anonymousreply 1601/18/2013

saw on TV the book author said who they REALLY wanted to get into Scientology was Spielberg.

And that when Travolta was auditioning for "Welcome Back, Kotter" the Scientologists all had to face ABC and send telepathic waves so ABC'd hire him.

by Anonymousreply 1701/18/2013

He doesn't seem very bright -- getting into something over his head makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 1801/18/2013

Paul Haggis, famed ex-Scientologist, was on one of the morning news shows the other day, but I didn't really watch it. Did he say anything of interest?

by Anonymousreply 1901/18/2013

Lisa Marie Presley supposedly left $cientology and has been hounded by them ever since. They reportedly follow her everywhere she goes. Good for her for leaving that whacko cult. I hope John can get out of it too.

by Anonymousreply 2001/18/2013

John has wanted to leave since his son died but they have enough to destroy him many times over.

by Anonymousreply 2101/18/2013

I always felt he should have left over what their alleged methods did to his son and faced what ever music they had.....I would have actually respected the guy.

by Anonymousreply 2201/19/2013

r21

Destroy what? Don't be a jackass. He has tons of money and no career left. He's so fat he's a Big Mac away from a lethal heart attack. He's so old no one wants him anyway.

He could leave anytime he wanted. It's not like he's a housewife in an abusive marriage with no money or career skills.

by Anonymousreply 2301/19/2013

They must have something on him other than just being gay.

I mean, everyone who cares about him knows by this point, and if he was thinking about marrying a man he can't be too afraid of coming out in public.

So really, he's got to be afraid of something other than being outed.

by Anonymousreply 2501/19/2013

Rumor has it he murdered someone in the 80's. Famous person too.

by Anonymousreply 2601/19/2013

Faking his death and live the rest of his life undercover with a new face and a false identity is his only option at this point. That and actual suicide.

by Anonymousreply 2701/19/2013

[quote]If there was ever a glaring example of one suppressing one's true self in the pursuit of "glory", it's this story. I have some sympathy for him. If he had run off with his gentleman friend, he'd have been a lot happier and healthier. The innumerable sauna stories over the years are a symptom of this.

True but I do want to point out something. His harassment of masseurs has nothing to do with him being closeted. With his money, means, fame and the good looks he had for a long time, he could have found long term relationships with men, which he obviously did have at times, from everything we've heard. Does being an out gay necessarily mean that one has to look for sex or harass people everywhere all the time?

I'm not talking about closeted gays married to an unsuspecting woman, seeking gay sex in all kinds of seedy places because HIS wife clearly knew he was gay.

IMO, the way he conducts his sex life is separate from the fact that he's closeted and gay. He probably would have done the same had he been out.

by Anonymousreply 2801/19/2013

R25, the cult would also force 'disconnection' on him - he'd likely lose all contact with his kids. Fear of losing family members and friends is the biggest reason people don't leave Scientology at this point (there are plenty of members staying in and silent but posting anonymously on ex-Scientology message boards.) The exes who have met them say that Kelly Preston is far more gung-ho than he is, and believe she'd likely stay in if he left. And his daughter is a teenager, more than old enough to have already begun her indoctrination.

by Anonymousreply 2901/19/2013

[quote]he'd likely lose all contact with his kids.

That's probably the only reason he stays with the cult.

by Anonymousreply 3001/20/2013

"He's so fat he's a Big Mac away from a lethal heart attack. He's so old no one wants him anyway."

He lost a lot of weight recently and he's hardly ancient.

by Anonymousreply 3101/20/2013

[quote]he's hardly ancient.

The black hair dye and deep wrinkles make him look older than he really is.

by Anonymousreply 3201/20/2013

"The black hair dye and deep wrinkles make him look older than he really is."

I agree that the dye job is embarrassing (just let it go gray!) but he probably has fewer wrinkles than a typical man in his late 50s

by Anonymousreply 3301/20/2013

urf

by Anonymousreply 3401/20/2013

I don't think he'd lose contact with his kids. They're usually afraid to do that to major celebs. Look at the Katie/Tom situation. The minute he loses contact with his kids, he'll have nothing to lose and could make a major deal of it to the press. Miss Cabbage wouldn't want that.

by Anonymousreply 3501/20/2013

[quote]I don't think he'd lose contact with his kids. They're usually afraid to do that to major celebs.

They did it to Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 3601/20/2013

"They did it to Nicole."

Let's be honest, those kids were merely a bannister on which Nic leaned as she walked down the staircase of fame and fortune.

by Anonymousreply 3701/20/2013

Nicole dumped her kids. John Travolta has got a nasty cunty bitch for a wife.

by Anonymousreply 3801/20/2013

I thought he officially came out when he played Edna Turnblad in Hairspray? I mean how much obvious could he make it?

And why exactly does the church of scientology follow members who leave? What are they looking for or hoping to do? It's so bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 3901/22/2013

Bullshit. Kelly and John are soul mates and are deeply, deeply in love with one another. It's terrible that you people are so mean about John. He's a deeply religious family man who loves his wife more than words can say. Kelly is a lucky woman. I should know, I had John a thousand different ways before they got together. He was all man.

by Anonymousreply 4001/24/2013

Poor John. Poor, poor John. I wish he could come out and live his life as a gay man. Life is too short to live hiding in the closet, John. Trust me, I know.

by Anonymousreply 4101/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.