Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Philadelphia BEATEN, THROWN ON SUBWAY TRACKS

A man was arrested yesterday and charged in connection with a horrifying assault on a subway passenger in Philadelphia.

Disturbing footage of the Tuesday afternoon attack was captured by surveillance cameras inside the Chinatown SEPTA station, and ultimately led to the man's arrest two days later.

by Anonymousreply 4101/18/2013

Is this being classified as a hate crime? It should be.

I fucking loath Philly and refuse to step foot in it. My boyfriend loves it but it's sewer of North America.

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

First of all, fuck off, r1. Didn't someone just get murdered in New York City's subway?

That subway station is a notorious bad spot and really should be shut down.

Oh, and you're doing Philadelphia a massive favor by refusing to step foot here. Philadelphia, even if it's a sewer, is too good for you.

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

Aggravated assault? How the Hell is that not attempted Murder?

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

Garbage in the ghetto.

Nothing new.

Philly is vile.

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

[quote]Is this being classified as a hate crime? It should be.

What evidence is there that this crime was motivated by bias? Just curious if you have any hard evidence or if this statement is just based on intuition or negative energy or something.

by Anonymousreply 501/18/2013

You are a fucking idiot if you think this is exclusive to Philly, r4.

As I had stated before, this just happened in NYC and made national news.

New York City is vile.

$10 bucks says the people trashing Philly are white and don't like Philly because of all the black people. And I bet you and r1 are "proud Obama voters."

You think as a Philadelphian I'm not outraged and terrified?

If you think this can't happen in whatever lily-white sanctuary you live in, you're insane.

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2013

THROWN AWAY LIKE TRASH!

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

R2/R6 = Philly trash.

You live in a pile of human waste, asshole. Deal with it.

Shouldn't you be flash mobbing a department store with your posse somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

[quote] You live in a pile of human waste, asshole. Deal with it.

Well, you know what then? Maybe this is the perfect city for you. Because you sound like a horrendous person who deserves to live in a sewer.

by Anonymousreply 901/18/2013

Go fuck yourself, R6.

I hate NYC ALMOST as much as Philly these days. Gutters.

Philly is a particularly loathsome cesspool, though.

BOTH are SO 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 1001/18/2013

Philadelphia doesn't have a subway.

by Anonymousreply 1101/18/2013

Why the hatred for Philly? I've been there a few times - its a nice, vibrant little city.

by Anonymousreply 1201/18/2013

Savage trash.

by Anonymousreply 1301/18/2013

R12, if you're having to ask, you likely live there.

It truly is a shithole. Why the hell would people here just pick Philadelphia out of the blue to condemn and talk shit about? It's because most of us who've spent a great deal of time there, lived there or even just visited realize what an out of control, crime infested, dirty, dangerous hell hole it is.

The people, in general, are obnoxious and unfriendly and aggressive. True, not all of them, but Philly's nasty reputation in and around North America is very, very justified.

by Anonymousreply 1401/18/2013

Why do queens in Philly still think it's 1985?

by Anonymousreply 1501/18/2013

r14 says "The people, in general, are obnoxious and unfriendly and aggressive"

And also says "I fucking loath Philly and refuse to step foot in it. My boyfriend loves it but it's sewer of North America."

and "You live in a pile of human waste, asshole"

and "It's because most of us who've spent a great deal of time there, lived there or even just visited realize what an out of control, crime infested, dirty, dangerous hell hole it is."

It sounds like you, r14, are obnoxious and unfriendly and aggressive. You have serious problems. I've never met anyone in my hometown, and it's no business of yours where anyone lives honestly, who is obnoxious, unfriendly and aggressive as you.

Philly has enough problems, we don't need people like you here. Enjoy your little suburban enclave full of white people.

by Anonymousreply 1601/18/2013

R14 Philly people are pretty friendly compared to other US Northeasterners. Yeah they can be vicious when it comes to sports,like NYC and Boston but the people are not uppity shitheads. It's a working class town,something that Manhattan or Boston is not.

by Anonymousreply 1701/18/2013

[quote]Why the hatred for Philly? I've been there a few times - its a nice, vibrant little city.

Insecure New Yorkers make up most of DL. Criticizing Philly is their way of feeling better about paying a fortune to live in a shit hole.

by Anonymousreply 1801/18/2013

Philly is a horrible place. I will never set foot in there again. OTOH, I really like NYC, and anytime I have ever talked to a stranger there, they were invariably nice to me.

by Anonymousreply 1901/18/2013

PA Dutch girl, are you from Lancaster County?

by Anonymousreply 2001/18/2013

yes, Philadelphia has a subway system

by Anonymousreply 2101/18/2013

I'm LMAO at PA Dutch girl. Pretty nervy to diss Philly when you come from one of the most backward, inbred areas in the northeast.

The only exposure PA Dutch girl has ever had to Philly is on her yearly bus trip to the zoo with the rest of her Amish clan.

by Anonymousreply 2201/18/2013

If I had a son, he'd look like the guy who threw that lady onto the tracks.

by Anonymousreply 2301/18/2013

We've obviously upset our resident, rabid Philadelphian cheerleaders.

R22, stop taking it so personal. Yeah, New York and other large cities have major issues, but the fact Philly is a crappy, dangerous city is universally recognized and no amount of your little bitching is going to change that. It's like acknowledging Chicago is the most corrupt city in North America, likely one of the most corrupt on Earth. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 2401/18/2013

If I had a son that looked like the miserable twat at R23, I'd have shot his ass the moment his ugly head popped out of his mama's rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2501/18/2013

Didn't this just happen in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013

r1/8/14/24, I think you have a serious mental illness. Why do you so actively crusade at forcing people to think some place or some thing is bad? That's your opinion. How it even affects you is beyond comprehension. You are embarrassing yourself in this thread and showing yourself as a terribly negative person. I really hope you don't go through life complaining about everything. I doubt a person who thinks like you has many friends. Maybe you were cast out of Philadelphia (and Chicago now it seems) and forced to go back home to mother.

Try to bring some joy into your life instead of being so bitter.

I live in Philadelphia, and having civic pride is worlds better than sitting around being hateful.

by Anonymousreply 2701/18/2013

Everybody get over yourselves with the Philly vs NYC hate. It's AMERICA that has become a cesspool of violence and crazy fucking assholes. (Some of whom are totally sane.)

by Anonymousreply 2801/18/2013

It's not attempted murder because no train was coming.

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2013

PA Dutch Girl is nuts. She always spouts off in the Philly threads. Can't remember specifics, just that it's clear she's a paranoid rube whose knowledge of the city came from watching Action News at Mommy and Daddy's house growing up n Lehigh County. Ignore, as well as the obsessive at R1, who reveals his true colors with this:

[quote]Is this being classified as a hate crime? It should be.

Why? Because the guy was black? Do we even know the race of the victim? Where the fuck are you pulling this "hate crime" bs from?

Lots of racists love bashing Philly because they imagine its all black people attacking whitey 24/7. Meanwhile they haven't set foot inside the city limits in decades and probably never actually lived there (the suburbs DON'T count).

by Anonymousreply 3001/18/2013

GOD! What a bunch of racists idiots on this thread. Oddly, Philly has them too, so I suspect that some of this hate is actually from Philadelphians themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3101/18/2013

Jesus fucking Christ. What is going on with people? i feel like the whole world needs a bitch slap right now.

by Anonymousreply 3201/18/2013

R12 here. No, I do not live in Philly. Hence my statement that I visited. Duh.

I just googled crime stats and saw that Philly's are higher than New York's (my hometown) and generally slightly lower than DC's (where I live now). In my short periods of time there, Philly didn't feel particularly unsafe. I certainly didn't witness any crime or anything else disturbing.

Meanwhile, I loved all those narrow streets tight-lined with brownstones. It was like the American urban ideal - like Geogetown here, but a down to earth version. Or like Baltimore, but before all the hope was gone.

by Anonymousreply 3301/18/2013

Philadelphia is the Chicago of the east coast. That should tell you everything about Philly.

Now let the loony defenders spew forth.

by Anonymousreply 3401/18/2013

[quote]I fucking loath Philly and refuse to step foot in it. My boyfriend loves it but it's sewer of North America.

I've never been there, but the people that I've met that are originally from there are some of the biggest assholes I've ever met (and they were white).

by Anonymousreply 3501/18/2013

I thought this was the city of Brotherly Love! Is throwing people on the subway tracks the new Modus operandi for would-be murderers? See, people don't need guns. All they need is a subway token and strong arms.

by Anonymousreply 3601/18/2013

He threw her like a rag doll! Holy crap was he on Bath salts or PCP in addition to being plain evil??

by Anonymousreply 3701/18/2013

"but the people that I've met that are originally from there are some of the biggest assholes I've ever met (and they were white)."

Included in that group has to be the most clannish, provincial, in-bred gay ghetto queens and dykes in the entire world.

by Anonymousreply 3801/18/2013

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 3901/18/2013

[quote]I've never been there, but the people that I've met that are originally from there are some of the biggest assholes I've ever met (and they were white).

Yes, and I've met some black people who were assholes, so all black people are assholes.

Get going, toots.

by Anonymousreply 4001/18/2013

FILTHYDELPHIA: The City of the Brotherly Shove.

by Anonymousreply 4101/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.