Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DL "cookies" question. Please help.

Everytime I log off my computer, I lose my DL settings. Yes, I am a paid member. Please tell me step by step how to save my DL settings. I know I have to do the following: 1) TOOLS

Then I am lost. I think I have to check some box(es), but not sure which ones.

After making fun of me for being an eldergay, please answer my query.

Thank you.

by Internet non-expertreply 1601/19/2013

Which browser are you using? Right now it sounds like you have your browser set to clear cookies and/or history once it's closed. It's a useful feature many browsers have but it can be turned on and off if you don't want it. Amy of the options sound like they relate to that?

by Internet non-expertreply 101/18/2013

Thanks, R1.

I use IE9. But, I pulled the Help and how to do it, but when I either type the address or cut and paste then hit Allow, it does not go on the list.

by Internet non-expertreply 201/18/2013

hmm, im not sure why its doing that, I"m not near a normal computer/laptop right now (typing on my phone) so I can't mess around with the settings to figure it out myself. Hopefully someone can here can help you with that, you could also cross-post this on a computer help board and see if someone there can help.

by Internet non-expertreply 301/18/2013

by Internet non-expertreply 401/18/2013

[quote] I use IE9

Use Chrome or Firefox. No one should be using IE.

by Internet non-expertreply 501/18/2013

I've switched to Chrome - it even spell checks posts.

by Internet non-expertreply 601/18/2013

Maybe you're blocking cookies from DL?

From my help menu on the IE8 I no longer use:

Block or allow all cookies

Internet Explorer provides many different ways to control the cookies that are stored on your computer. You can block or allow all cookies or you can choose the specific sites that you'll accept cookies from. When you make these sorts of changes, the cookies that are already stored on your computer will not be affected. For that reason, you might want to delete the cookies already stored on your computer before following the steps below. See Cookies: frequently asked questions for more information.

Click to open Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Privacy tab, and then, under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, and then click OK.

Blocking cookies might prevent some webpages from displaying correctly.

Block or allow cookies based on their type.

Everything is better with Chrome, though. Much faster.

by Internet non-expertreply 701/18/2013

I need help with my DL settings or whatever the problem is.

I can only see my watch list, and no new threads. When I search with google for threads that are not on my watch list I can access them, that's how I found this thread, but only my watch list is available.

Thank you in advance.

by Internet non-expertreply 801/19/2013

It's got to be the browser you're using R8, because I'm having the same problem when I use firefox.

by Internet non-expertreply 901/19/2013

Yes, I use firefox. But I just tried with IE and the same thing happened.

by Internet non-expertreply 1001/19/2013

I'm using Safari right now and it's working fine.

by Internet non-expertreply 1101/19/2013

DL goes POOF!

by Internet non-expertreply 1201/19/2013

I'm using Firefox and having the same problem r8 is having. Can anyone please help? I cleared and checked the cookies also. It worked fine yesterday. TIA also.

by Internet non-expertreply 1301/19/2013

I'm only seeing my threadwatches and I've tried using DL on Maxthon, Opera, IE, Firefox, Avant, Commodo Dragon and Chrome and it's not working normally on any of them. The webby or whoever needs to fix this.

by Internet non-expertreply 1401/19/2013

I'm having the same problem with Chrome. The site's screwed up. If I go to an old thread on my threadwatcher then click on back to threadlist, the new threads appear. I have to refresh to see any new threads or additions to existing ones.

by Internet non-expertreply 1501/19/2013

Another sad DL'er here.

by Internet non-expertreply 1601/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!