Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lance Armstrong: His Threats and Bullying Are the Real Story - Slate Mag

Good summary of the bullshit Lance spewed during his Oprah interview.

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

he's a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 101/18/2013

No, he's a sociopath. He wants what he wants and he gets it regardless of the collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

It's worse. He's a psychopath that just because he was a successful athlete was put on a pedestal.

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

He has no remorse and is soulless. And those beady shifty eyes!!! He really is frightening.

by Anonymousreply 401/18/2013

R4,

by Anonymousreply 701/18/2013

I am sorry to say a narcissist like Armstrong cannot change. It is in his nature. He will always be a danger to human society.

The best thing to do would be send him to prison for a very long time so he can't scam anymore and take all of his money to give back to his victims.

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

He did say to Oprah that he was a bully.

by Anonymousreply 901/18/2013

We'll= well

by Anonymousreply 1101/18/2013

This freaks me out about Lance Armstrong:

"after Mr. Hamilton had testified about Mr. Armstrong’s doping and after Mr. Hamilton’s cooperation with federal law enforcement officials had been publicly reported, on June 11, 2011, Mr. Hamilton was physically accosted by Mr. Armstrong in an Aspen, Colorado restaurant. … Mr. Armstrong said, “When you’re on the witness stand, we are going to fucking tear you apart. You are going to look like a fucking idiot.” … “I’m going to make your life a living … fucking … hell."

by Anonymousreply 1201/18/2013

Sheryl, you've got some balls showing up here.

by Anonymousreply 1301/18/2013

R5 is an utter falsehood. None of his wins can be taken seriously because he was high the entire time. No one can ever know if he was or was not a great cyclist because he always took performance enhancers to win. The "everyone did it" argument doesn't hold water in the slightest.

He is not the greatest cyclist ever. Not even close.

And he won't be remembered that way.

by Anonymousreply 1401/18/2013

Textbook sociopath. If he were more violent or more focused on sex, he would have been another Ted Bundy.

by Anonymousreply 1501/18/2013

Once again, the coverup is worse than the lie.

by Anonymousreply 1601/18/2013

He's the same person he was when he was idolized, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 1701/18/2013

He's a dessert topping AND a floor wax!

by Anonymousreply 1801/18/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1901/18/2013

Narcissists rarely commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 2001/18/2013

R5, who wrote that bullshit? No serious cycling fan ever said Armstrong was the greatest cyclist, regardless of drugs. No one, no one has ever said Armstrong was the most talented cyclist ever. If that was true, what the fuck was he doing in his four Tours when he withdrew from 3 of them and finished 36th in the remaining one? Bernard Hinualt won in his try at the Tour. Greg Lemond was 3rd in his first tour, 2nd in his 2nd and won his third. Truly great talents don't wait until their late twenties to win or place in the Tour. His early career, a period which he admitted to doping, showed a good rider who was capable of winning one-day classics. There was never any indication he was going to be a grand tour contender.

Basically, it would be the equivalent of a good shortstop in baseball who averaged .295, 15 home runs, 35 doubles and 40 steals in his first five seasons to hitting 60 home runs and driving in 150 RBIs for the next 7 seasons of his career. It doesn't fucking happen and if it does, it's likely due to dope.

Again, bullshit written by someone who doesn't know cycling except Lance Armstrong "won" 7 times.

That screed was obviously written by someone who doesn't follow or understand cycling.

The only argument that may be made is Armstrong was the greatest cyclist with the best doping program ever. That title he can hang onto.

by Anonymousreply 2101/18/2013

True r20 -- and they are the reason behind many suicides.

by Anonymousreply 2201/18/2013

Don't be so sure R21. The other night our local news interviewed the owners of two cycling stores. The first sounded very much like you, which I expected. The second was a diehard hero-worshipping Lance Armstrong fan. He said everyone was doing it so why should Lance be vilified.

Both these guys are prominent in the local cycling community. I know it's not a scientific sample but, as we well know, if Lance's supporters are loud enough...

by Anonymousreply 2301/19/2013

He's one of the biggest cheats in sports, ever.

by Anonymousreply 2401/19/2013

[quote] After surviving the usually fatal testicular cancer,

This is BULLSHIT. Testicular cancer is one of the most curable cancers out there.

by Anonymousreply 2501/19/2013

NPR interviewed bike people in Austin yesterday. it's about 50-50 split on thinking he's over vs. forgive him and move on.

by Anonymousreply 2601/19/2013

Listening to news reports this morning, people figure he's not sorry for what he did. They think he's only confessing the drug use as a way to get back into sports.

by Anonymousreply 2701/20/2013

oh course he's not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 2801/20/2013

Oh, he'll bounce back like the rest of them: Tiger, Pete Rose, Mark McGuire... straight men love that stuff: "I did a bad-bad. Now I will be good. I will be better." And everyone swallows their pride and forgives them, because the money's good.

They'll always be little boys because no one made them grow up. Sneaking around and tricking everyone to get what they want.

by Anonymousreply 2901/20/2013

I think this is one guy who won't bounce back. He's been too nasty for too long.

A lot of people want their money back. He won big lawsuits against people who said he used dope. Those people want a refund.

by Anonymousreply 3001/20/2013

Suicide watch? Or is he safe because his ego is too big to succumb to such an act of weakness?

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

I can't imagine a suicide watch. He still feels he was justified in doping --- win at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.