Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Was William Shatner always such an egomaniacal buffoon?

I understand he became truly insufferable once Star Trek re-runs went into syndication and he became perceived internationally as a larger-than-life figure--he completely bought into his own hype then.

But what was he like before then? I know he was a big player during his years shooting Star Trek and was fucking every single beautiful female guest star. Was he more normal despite being an enormous pussyhound? And what was he like before Star Trek?

by Anonymousreply 14403/01/2015

William Fucking Shatner

by Anonymousreply 101/17/2013

His reputation goes back a long ways, my guess is he was an egomaniacal asshole before success.

by Anonymousreply 201/17/2013

He always had an ego.

by Anonymousreply 301/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2013

The weirdest thing about him is that he's a classically trained Shakespearean actor and Sir Tyrone Guthrie thought he was brilliantly talented/

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2013

Yes, he was considered a very talented and promising young actor back in the late 1950s when he was transitioning from Broadway to Hollywood.

Check him out in the big screen epic version of The Brothers Karamazov with Lee J. Cobb and Maria Schell as the youngest, most serious Karamazov brother.

by Anonymousreply 601/17/2013

Maria Schell played the youngest, most serious Karamazov brother? That must be some movie!

by Anonymousreply 701/17/2013

Yes he's always been an egomaniacal buffoon and an exceptionally hammy actor. I started disliking him when George Takei didn't invited him to his wedding, saying Shatner had been a selfish prima donna on the show. Shatner tried to make it look like Takei was just being overly sensitive about his sexuality "so what if you're gay, no one cares." Takei had never accused Shatner of being homophobic, he didn't even hint at it, so Shatner was being a douchebag by dragging that into it.

Then Shatner briefly had a talk-show and one of his guest was Rush Limbaugh, who he gushed over and repeatedly called a "gem", "you're such a gem." I had thought he was probably a liberal, now I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 801/17/2013

He seems to have mellowed out and in on the joke now. Loved his characters in Miss Congeniality and Boston Legal.

by Anonymousreply 901/17/2013

I love the Shat. He was my first celeb crush when I was a gayling watching him in those skintight black pants on Star Trek, with that perfect bulge prominently displayed and that gorgeous ass. He's supposedly an ass in person, but I think he's hilarious and I've thought he was awesome for the last forty-plus years, from Star Trek the series to the Star Trek feature films to Boston Legal.

by Anonymousreply 1001/17/2013

So what if he has a healthy ego? He's a fine actor, so I would assume his self-esteem is quite high.

Most importantly, he is an honorable man. He risked ruining a perfectly good wig when he dove in to drag his dead wife up from the bottom of the pool.

Granted, he needed to be instructed to do so from the 911 dispatcher, but he bravely went in just the same.

by Anonymousreply 1201/17/2013

R11 I don't know if he was gay or bi, but I sure would have loved sampling his "goody basket" back in the day. I can just imagine laying him on his back, removing his clothes, oiling up his body and massaging him with a soft, purring tribble. Then, well, I'll leave the rest to my imaginiation....

by Anonymousreply 1301/17/2013

Ever since childhood, I have love the Star Trek episode "Charlie X", for one reason. Shatner in those skin-tight red spandex exercise pants in the ship's gym when he's wrestling with Charlie and the security crewman. There was nothing left to the imagination there. Very fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 1401/17/2013

His wife drowned under very mysterious circumstances. There was fight about divorce the night before.

by Anonymousreply 1501/17/2013

It's been many years, but when I was a Trekkie, I read all of the bios from the original cast and I seem to recall they all in one way or another said he was a major pain in the ass and an egomaniac. I seem to recall Nichelle Nichols really eviscerated him, but still loved him or some bull.

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

Not fair R15. Nerrine Shatner was an alcoholic. Leonard Nimoy(a recovering alcoholic) brought her to AA meetings in an attempt to help her. The accident was fueled by alcohol. Shatner was out of town.

by Anonymousreply 1701/17/2013

I always loved Shatner in the classic "Twilight Zone" episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Ft.". That episode reigns as one of the greatest TV episodes ever, in my book. Great suspense, and Shatner was dead on perfect in it.

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2013

Way back before the interwebs, there used to be photocopied fan fiction going around that shipped Spock and Kirk as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 1901/17/2013

I thought he actually looked very handsome in the first Star Trek movie despite the mediocre hair piece.

by Anonymousreply 2001/18/2013

"Check him out in the big screen epic version of The Brothers Karamazov "

Oh, he was terrible! He was playing a character who was supposed to be too sweet and saintly to be real, and he was so hammy and smug that he single-handedly ruined the movie. Which was kind of a pity, as Yul Brynner was rather good as the eldest, hottest brother.

by Anonymousreply 2101/18/2013

Who cares, they guy looks great, I hope I look that good at his age!

by Anonymousreply 2201/18/2013

He really was a hot piece back in his Star Trek days.

by Anonymousreply 2301/18/2013

He sure was handsome when he was younger. Before Star Trek. Looking back I am thinking handsome Drama Queen.

by Anonymousreply 2401/18/2013

I went to one of the first Star Trek conventions when I was a kid. He was there in a large room with a couple thousand people to hear him speak and ask questions.

OMG it was insane. The room was full of women giggling at every joke ready to pull their panties off and throw them on sage. So much for getting to meat my idol, bitches. Frous were not into Star Trek at all, kept asking why people were dressed up like aliens.

by Anonymousreply 2501/18/2013

That is not drama R24, he is Tweaking!

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013

Check out "Incubus," a horror film Shatner made in 1966. The actors are speaking in Esperanto. (English subtitles.)

by Anonymousreply 2701/18/2013

Esperanto? how old are you R27? That concept died in the 70s. The world went with Ebonics.

by Anonymousreply 2801/18/2013

How very herbal of them, r25...

My own experience of the Shat - very eccentric, but very nice man who is very much into his own thing (and controls his own environment) - but that is now he is 80...

As a young man, he must have been INSUFFERABLE...

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2013

"Esperanto? how old are you [R27]?"

What does it matter "how old" r27 is? - the damn film was, is and forever will be "made in Esperanto"

It's not like r27 translated it...

by Anonymousreply 3001/18/2013

He worked it R29. His striking good looks and his sort of bad boy attitude made him very interesting to want to be around. I am sure he got a lot of green pussy. Too bad he was not gay. I would so have tapped that ass.

by Anonymousreply 3101/18/2013

At the Star Trek and autograph conventions, he charges $80 for a signature and another $80 if you want to take a picture with him.

by Anonymousreply 3201/18/2013

>> with that perfect bulge prominently displayed and that gorgeous ass.

Amen to that. FINE piece of ass, back in his early days. And, I confess, even hotter - in a sort of gritty, filthpig sort of way - in the 70s. Down to the polyester and toupee'.

R17 is correct. LOL, R25.

by Anonymousreply 3301/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 3401/18/2013

About fifteen years ago, I met a guy whose father was part of the camera crew on Star Trek. He told me a story about Shatner being a real jerk to a young actress; he kept insisting a scene be shot repeatedly so she would have to kiss him over and over.

By the time they took a break, the young woman was in tears. The crew felt sorry for her and knew Shatner was just being major asshole.

Before shooting resumed, the crew guys got some fish hooks and taped them to a microphone boom. When Shatner insisted doing the kissing scene again, they lowered the boom behind him and lifted his wig off.

He was mortified and furious, but he got the message and stopped harassing the actress.

by Anonymousreply 3501/18/2013

Not sure what Tyrone Guthrie saw in him, but he was never a good actor. He's dreadful in THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV. I also saw him in a low-budget Roger Corman film from the early 60's called THE STRANGER, where he plays a racist who comes to town to stir up trouble when the local schools become integrated.

It was a nervy film to make at the time, but Shatner managed to ham it up there too.

He's clearly one of those people who feels that he had all this promise and had to lower himself to television to make a living.

by Anonymousreply 3601/18/2013

He's from Montreal. They are all like that.

by Anonymousreply 3801/18/2013

R37 - I always thought the spat between Shat and Takei was a case of unrequited sexual attraction between the two. 40+ years of mutual attraction and frustration. If Takei finally got the chance to slam that hot Japanese pipe up that Shat ass, I think they would end up as BFF's and all would peaceful aboard the Starship Enterprise from then on.

by Anonymousreply 3901/18/2013

I loved Shatner in "Airplane 2: The Sequel". I thought he was hysterical. Of course, "Airplane 2" was no "Airplane!", but I thought Shatner made the movie.

by Anonymousreply 4001/18/2013

Shatner pissing off Richard Simmons

by Anonymousreply 4101/18/2013

R13, of course YOU wouldn't know. The bi info was in a book and Howard Stern asked Shatner on his old TV show.

by Anonymousreply 4201/18/2013

Young William Shatner and my father look like brothers. It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 4301/18/2013

Shatner is actually very funny. He's a great comedic actor.

He doesn't take himself so seriously in interviews and not above taking shots at himself. Very refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 4401/18/2013

I have never understood the people who call Shatner a bad actor. True, he has a tendency to be "hammy", but I think he was the PERFECT Captain Kirk. Compare Jeffrey Hunter as the Enterprise Captain (Pike) in "The Cage"/"The Menagerie" episodes. Hunter was a good actor, but Shatner swept the floor with him. Shatner exuded so much personality and sexuality as the Captain of the Enterprise. He was always believable as the man who could make green Orion Slave Girls fall madly in bed with him and who could save the entire Starfleet with his intellect. I thought Shatner was extraordinary in Star Trek II and III, when dealing with the death and resurrection of Spock. I think he was also the perfect choice to play Denny Crane in Boston Legal. No one else on Earth could have played that part as effectively. Shatner is a Canadian-American treasure.

by Anonymousreply 4501/18/2013

I've heard that William Shatner has had experience with the casting couch in his very early years to get ahead -male and female.

There's no way Shatner is gay or bi. He's straight

by Anonymousreply 4701/18/2013

He was called bi in this long list of stars' sexualities, it was originally published on gawker. Sandra Bullock and Farrah Fawcett made numerous gay mentions about him at his Roast as well.

by Anonymousreply 4801/18/2013

On Page 14. Gawker.

by Anonymousreply 4901/18/2013

I never thought I'd say this, but... R29, please tell me more about Spike Milligan?

Anyway, I agree that he was a better Captain than Jeffrey Hunter; he was a ham, but he was a ham who was having fun. His Captain Joie De Vive turned out to play beautifully against the repressed Mr. Spock and the cynical McCoy.

He also made Kirk's horndoggery plausible, he was a man who relieved the loneliness of command by jumping at any available woman, and never an unavailable one. Kirk may have been lonely and horny, but he did keep his hands off his crew.

by Anonymousreply 5001/18/2013

R50 - I always had a major hard-on for Spock too. I always thought Nimoy was a sexy geek. I thought he was even sexier as Paris on Mission: Impossible right after Star Trek went off the air.

by Anonymousreply 5101/18/2013

No love for Dr. McCoy? I actually thought his character was the best acted during the series.

By the late 80's he was a little long in the tooth for the movies.

I never heard any friction between Shatner/Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 5201/18/2013

[quote]He was a pussyhound because straight men who were snub-nosed Canadian Jews with a boundless ego and "lust" for life usually behaved that way at the time. As did big-nosed Italians and Catholic Welsh with crooked noses.

by Anonymousreply 5301/18/2013

Shatner has a very big weiner.

by Anonymousreply 5401/18/2013

R52 I loved Deforest Kelley. You are right, he was the best actor of the bunch. From everything I have read, he was a pretty cool guy too. Very modest and very kind. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier was one of the weaker Trek movies, but Deforest turned in a powerhouse performance in the scene where he was reliving his father's death. Amazing work. It's a shame the rest of the movie couldn't have been as good as that scene. He was a class act and a half.

by Anonymousreply 5501/18/2013

I don't know R17. I thought she wouldn't give him a divorce. So yea, they were fighting. He may have tried to help her but I think he also tired of her in the end. I also don't think he was out of town. Wasn't he at some dinner party? I mean she's fine then the few hours he's gone she ends up dead. No staff were on that night either. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I recall.

by Anonymousreply 5601/18/2013

R41 Richard Simmons was always such a big crybaby. I never could stomach him. He always seemed so fucking fake. Crying for the fat ladies with no tears in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 5701/18/2013

R56 I think the word "divorce" is regular dinner conversation in hollywood it is a total possibility that it was talked about the day before.

Shatner/Nimoy did try and help her. The actual chain of events --we will never know.

by Anonymousreply 5801/18/2013

Shatner is hilarious in the new Priceline commercial - the one where he is picking his daughter up...

He's given careers to Takei, Koenig, Nichols, Doohan (RIP). Kelly and Nimoy had careers before and to some extent after.

Plus countless other behind the scenes folks, comedians (yes you Kevin Pollack).

He's the best.

by Anonymousreply 5901/24/2013

It's only been since Shatner was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He only talks about himself because that's all he can remember. He's 82.

by Anonymousreply 6001/24/2013

R60, Shat does not have Alzheimer's. His character, Denny Crane on Boston Legal, had Alzheimer's. I think Shatner just has a raging case of space-herpes that may have gone untreated and went to the brain. I love Shatner. He will be missed when he finally beams up to that big starship in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 6101/24/2013

I always loved his version of Elton's "Rocket Man". He recently did an 'interesting' cover of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man", as well. Great for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 6201/25/2013

[quote]He's given careers to Takei, Koenig, Nichols, Doohan (RIP). Kelly and Nimoy had careers before and to some extent after.

You're right, but I might quibble about Nimoy. I've caught him guest starring on a few old pre-Star Trek TV shows, and I think he had real talent. At the very least you're drawn to him whenever he's on screen.

He was guested an episode of Gunsmoke playing an Indian and just stole it.

by Anonymousreply 6301/25/2013

Nimoy had a solid career after Star Trek ended in 1969. He went straight from Star Trek to Mission: Impossible (which was filmed in the same studio) for two years, as the character Paris. He hosted the excellent TV series "In Search of..." in the '70s/early '80s and was great in the 1978 remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". He then revisited the Spock character in the feature films and eventually became a respected director (Star Trek III, Star Trek IV, Three Men and a Baby, among others). Very good actor with great screen charisma. I have loved Nimoy since I was a child. Those pointed ears really drew me in.

by Anonymousreply 6401/25/2013

R64 Nimoy's agent? And why is Leonard being mentioned on MY thread? He can get his own thread.

by Anonymousreply 6501/25/2013

R65: Fuck you, Bill. Right up your fat, shaved ass!

by Anonymousreply 6601/25/2013

That little Wheaton bastard hasn't commented on here yet, has he? Oh, shit. He feels so persecuted by me. I just realized he was the first to comment.

by Anonymousreply 6701/25/2013

[quote]thought she wouldn't give him a divorce. So yea, they were fighting.

California is a no fault state so it wasn't her choice not to give him one. Maybe there were financial issues...

by Anonymousreply 6801/25/2013

Yes. Nimoy and Kelley had and continued to have careers pre and post Star Trek.

Shatner has continued to re invent himself and have steady work and projects for over 50 years! TV, Movies, Social Media...everything. He even has his own app.

by Anonymousreply 6901/25/2013

The cast of Star Trek HATED him. He was constantly blowing takes by making bad jokes and puns, and they'd end up shooting late into the night. He virtually lived on the set, at one point, while he and his then wife were getting divorced. He drove everyone crazy.

by Anonymousreply 7001/25/2013

R70, Now, Nichelle. HATE is a strong word.

by Anonymousreply 7101/25/2013

They may have hated him...but not those paychecks they cashed and continue to cash!

by Anonymousreply 7201/25/2013

Gene Roddenberry reportedly hated Shatner with a passion, as well.

by Anonymousreply 7301/25/2013

Everybody hates The Shat...yet..he's GOLD when it comes to making money...FACT. Not only for him...but for his typecast co-stars.

Nimoy does not hate Shatner by the way...they are good friends if not best friends.

by Anonymousreply 7401/25/2013

he went to the elementary school down the street from me. fascinating, i know.

by Anonymousreply 7501/25/2013

[quote]He's given careers to Takei, Koenig, Nichols, Doohan (RIP).

That's not true at all. Gene Roddenberry gave them careers, not Shatner.

The show would still have been a cultural landmark had someone else (like Jeffrey Hunter) had been the lead. To say it depended entirely on Shatner is something only the Shat himself would claim.

by Anonymousreply 7601/25/2013

he liked me to strap a dildo on and fuck him

by Anonymousreply 7701/25/2013

R76 I disagree about Jeffrey Hunter. The reason Shatner was so successful and necessary is because of his charisma and residual value.

I mean Jeffrey Hunter died in 1969 (RIP) that would have been a problem. Also - with Shatner there is so much other material like his delivery and mannerisms that comedians have lived off of for some time. I don't see that with Hunter.

Although, Hunter could have taken the series in a totally different/successful direction. It's only guessing at this point.

Shatner's popularity has make money for his co-stars..thier is no denying it.

by Anonymousreply 7801/25/2013

[quote]Shatner's popularity has make money for his co-stars..thier is no denying it.

But I did deny it. And I still do.

by Anonymousreply 7901/25/2013

Right. THERE IS NO DENYING mistake!

So tell me what plum roles Walter Keonig had dropped in his lap...none I can recall...or Doohan..?

What's the big deal? If I was his co-star, I'd be riding the Shat all they way to the bank myself.

by Anonymousreply 8001/25/2013

R80 Correct. Of the supporting players, Nichelle Nichols was a very good actress, James Doohan could act under the right conditions, Walter Koenig seemed like a nice man but was not a gifted actor. I love George Takei, but the man is one of the worst actors in Hollywood history. Majel Barrett was quite wooden, but still likeable and Grace Lee Whitney deserved a better career than she ended up with, she could really act.

The main players: Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley were perfect for their parts and entirely irreplaceable (sorry, JJ Abrams, but it is true).

by Anonymousreply 8101/25/2013

I always hated how the supporting players bitched and moaned about how they were kept in the shadows on Trek. What part of "SUPPORTING PLAYERS" did they not understand when they signed on? Shatner, Leonard and DeForrest were the leads.

by Anonymousreply 8201/25/2013

Yeah, mother-fuckers, I would have loved seeing James fucking Doohan or Walter fucking fight the fucking Gorn! That would've been over rather quickly. They couldn't have won a fight with a fucking Tribble.

by Anonymousreply 8301/25/2013

Didn't his wife die under suspicous circumstances?

by Anonymousreply 8401/25/2013

[quote]If I was his co-star,

Well, you're having so much trouble with spelling and grammar I'd say you'd be far better off as his co-star than as a writer.

"If I [italic]were[/italic] his editor..."

by Anonymousreply 8501/25/2013

R82 doesn't understand "ensemble". That cast is beloved for a reason, Shatner. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 8601/26/2013

You're a tool R85.

Alone much? I believe the answer to that is YES YES YES YES!

by Anonymousreply 8701/26/2013

Shatner is a legend and keeps his supporting cast employed and earning money to pay bills.

Are they going to get office jobs now? Nope...ridin' the Shatner gravy train.

by Anonymousreply 8801/26/2013

Did Shatner win any emmys? He must have. The question is how many?

by Anonymousreply 8901/28/2013

R89 I know there were lots of nominations over the years. One win I remember was a Golden Globe for Boston Legal a few years back. He's won a shitload of Sci-fi awards too.

by Anonymousreply 9001/28/2013

Years ago, I got on an elevator to go up to my hotel room on a family vacation, and just as the door was closing, a man stuck his hand in the door and opened it. It was William Shatner. I was in shock. I was 14 and a huge Star Trek fan (this was a few months before Star Trek-The Motion Picture opened). I nodded and said, "Hello." He nodded and said, "Hello, and how are you?" Quite friendly. I responded, but I didn't ask for an autograph or say anything more because I had always heard he had an attitude toward fans, and I decided to leave it at that. A fun memory though.

by Anonymousreply 9101/28/2013

An actress friend of mine, Geraldine Court, told me that she did summer stock with Shatner in the early-mid 1960's. She said he was, of course, great looking but somewhat dim. One day when she was in a rehearsal studios hallway going over her lines she saw him walking into a rehearsal hall and then soon heard beautiful piano music wafting out. She thought it was a huge turn-on thinking this gorgeous young man was playing the music. He asked her out one more time later that day (after attempting to date her numerous times since they'd begun rehearsals) and she said yes. At the end of their date she asked him to play the piano for her in the living room at her residence but he told her he didn't know how. She let him kiss her on the cheek and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 9201/28/2013

I was totally in love with him during his Star Trek days - very handsome, charismatic and, in the good episodes - say Miri, City on the Edge of Forever, he was very very good.

by Anonymousreply 9301/28/2013

Ok I will admit it, he is so my type I date guys that have his look when he was in his 30s.

by Anonymousreply 9401/29/2013

It makes me sad to think that William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are so old now and won't be with us much longer. They both turn 82 in March.

by Anonymousreply 9501/29/2013

I met Shatner about a year ago. He must have mellowed with age because he was a total sweetheart. Generous and gracious.

by Anonymousreply 9601/29/2013

I agree R95. Thank goodness they are still going strong. So many original cast members have passes away already.

by Anonymousreply 9701/30/2013

It makes me quite happy that Shatner and Nimoy have lived long and prospered. May they continue to do so for many years to come.

by Anonymousreply 9801/30/2013

R98. I totally miss DeForrest Kelly. I loved Bones and his interaction with Spock especially.

I know Shatner had a bad reputation back in the day.

He is the only Captain Kirk (Admiral Kirk) in my book. Chris Pine is good but he has a long way to go.

by Anonymousreply 9901/30/2013

In the mid-60s (I was quite a young person at the time but quite familiar with him from even before Star Trek--from Twilight Zone and other TV shows) I saw Shatner and what appeared to be the wife in a little restaurant in Laurel Canyon. He was not really a cult figure yet I think. He was NOT wearing a hair piece and had an extremely bald pate. I was only a few feet away. He was fairly young at the time I guess and probably could go out without the rug so he wouldn't be recognized. He most have gone bald at a very young age.

by Anonymousreply 10001/30/2013

R99 Definitely. The interaction between Shatner, Nimoy & Kelley WAS Star Trek. I thought J.J. Abrams Trek was okay, but they got the chemistry all wrong between Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Abrams' Trek focused on the trio of Kirk/Spock/Uhura, it seemed. You're right about Pine, he's good but he's no Shat. Quinto is pretty good as Spock, but I prefer Nimoy. Deforest Kelley can never be duplicated. He was a true original.

by Anonymousreply 10101/30/2013

I meant DeForest Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 10201/30/2013

R98. Question. In the JJ Abrams Trek, I didn't mind the Uhura/Spock relationship at first, but towards the end of the movie it was really starting to bug me.

Abrams' Spock was so by the book and quoted regulations so often, the relationship seemed ridiculous and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10301/30/2013

R103 - Not to mention that they threw the whole "Vulcans mating only every seven years" and "Pon Farr" right out the window (so Spock could conveniently bang Miss Uhura). I guess changing the time line also changed thousands of years of Vulcan biology in the wink of an eye.

by Anonymousreply 10401/30/2013

103. EXACTLY. The alternate reality wiped the slate clean on everything I knew.

I loved the character of Amanda. The one person you felt Spock had love for was his mother. I guess that now is transferred to Uhura.

I do think Karl Urban was a good McCoy in the Abrams' Trek. He was the closest in personality to the original of the three (Kirk, Slick, McCoy) but I agree Kelly was an original.

by Anonymousreply 10501/30/2013

Yikes. Kirk Spock McCoy. This spell checker is a pain.

by Anonymousreply 10601/30/2013

Star Trek V wasn't a great movie - but I didn't think it was as bad as the critics said.

I found the concept interesting..and some pretty memorable lines and performances.

by Anonymousreply 10702/03/2013

Uh-oh! Everyone get out your tin-hat. We're in for a bumpy ride. R108 is on the case. I would LOVE to find our that the Shat is homosexual. That would be awesome. I had many a fantasy about him when I was a kid back in the '70s. As for the Satanist shit, I sincerely doubt that.

by Anonymousreply 10903/22/2013

I don't know R108, but I could have had a devil of a gay old time with Shatner circa the '60s/'70s. He was one hot mother fucker back in the day. I would have fucked the shit out of his cute little ass back in the day. That's for damn sure!

by Anonymousreply 11003/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 11103/22/2013

I love the Shat. He fucking rocks. I only hope I'm half as upbeat and fun as he is as 82. I love me some Captain/Admiral/Captain Kirk!

by Anonymousreply 11203/22/2013

He was a thing of beauty back in the Star Trek (original series) days. Yum Yum Gimme Some!

by Anonymousreply 11303/22/2013

From Dlisted. I did not recognize him until I read the name.

by Anonymousreply 11403/22/2013

Post 92 - Shatner, dim? He's sharp as a tack!

by Anonymousreply 11504/29/2013

Unbelievably bad--tried to screw me on a 10 minute break win the church holding room during a commercial shoot. Found out he had been married 2 weeks before. What a JERK which is putting it nicely.

by Anonymousreply 11601/28/2015

My mom watched [italic]Star Trek[/italic] because she had a crush on him. She never watched any of the others.

by Anonymousreply 11701/28/2015

He was a poor man's Martin Milner

by Anonymousreply 11801/28/2015

Sometime in the 80s William Shatner seems to have decided that no one was going to laugh harder at "William Shatner" than, well...William Shatner. He's made a nice living at it ever since.

by Anonymousreply 11901/28/2015

Slightly OT, but mentioning JJ Abrams: Jesus, that first Star Trek reboot was painful. One of the worst parts of it was lens flares, lens flares fucking EVERYwhere.

I know JJ has said he's over that little fetish, but this movie will exist for all time.

Also, De Kelley was the fuckin' MAN. Maybe not as pretty as Shat, but he will always have a place in my heart.

by Anonymousreply 12001/28/2015

I have a friend that was on security detail for him after an event, and there was a kid in a wheelchair who's last wish was to have his autograph, it was all pre-arranged, Shatner turned to the boy and said: "We're all going to die". Disposed the guy since. Now I see other people have posted other stories of it so it's not this one time. Maybe Star Trek made him like that?

by Anonymousreply 12102/08/2015

A male ballet dancer friend of mine fucked Shatner in the early 80s. Shatner is definitely bisexual, if not gay.

by Anonymousreply 12202/08/2015

My crush was on Scotty...

by Anonymousreply 12302/08/2015

Shatner had sex appeal and a swagger in the 1960s, but he came across as a pompous ass. I guess women go for that pompous ass type.

by Anonymousreply 12402/08/2015

[quote]A male ballet dancer friend of mine fucked Shatner in the early 80s.

Even then he was fat.

by Anonymousreply 12502/08/2015

He's NOT to be trusted.......

by Anonymousreply 12602/08/2015

He did a superb job narrating the movie 'Trinity and Beyond', about the history of nuclear bomb testing. He suppressed his notorious vocal mannerisms and did a subtle narration.

by Anonymousreply 12702/08/2015

I would love to have choked on that ham sandwich!

by Anonymousreply 12802/08/2015

He parlayed his very limited talent & fame from a TV show that had a short run, almost 50 yrs ago, into international recognition & sacks of money.

He knew his acting ability was severely limited, but he cleverly played on that, to the public's delight.

Fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 12902/08/2015

Shatner is reported to be worth over 800 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 13002/08/2015

R130 here, sorry for the misinformation. Shatner is worth 100 million.

by Anonymousreply 13102/08/2015

Incubus is not in an "unknown language." It was in Esperanto, which was popular in the 60s as a universal language that would make the whole globe sing kumbaya.

by Anonymousreply 13202/08/2015

He was way before my time (I'm 20) but I have been watching the original Star Trek for the first time ever (and I absolutely LOVE it - far better than the later series). I am crushing hella on Shatner. He was a hot stud back in the 1960s. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 13302/09/2015

R122, My neighbor is a great television character actor from the '60s, '70s, '80s (and is gay) and he knows EVERYTHING about everyone who acted in television back then. He told me stories about Shatner and many others. I can't reveal them right now because he swore me to secrecy. I believe the ballet dancer story. I know of other instances.

by Anonymousreply 13402/09/2015

I remember when Star Trek was airing originally. Almost invisible on network television, only geeks, nerds and dorks and 100.00000% male viewers.

by Anonymousreply 13502/09/2015

R132 It never became popular at all. It was based primarily on Romance languages.

Was Shatner a top or a bottom? He seems to be at the receiving end of everything.

by Anonymousreply 13602/09/2015

I always wondered if Shatner sampled Merritt Butrick's hot ass on the set of "Star Trek II" and "Star Trek III." I sure would have. Merritt was supposedly a pig bottom with a voracious sexual appetite. Butrick was sex on wheels.

by Anonymousreply 13702/09/2015

R135, Absolutely, and I was one of the proud geek/nerd/dorks! I wave my freak flag high. LOL. I fell in love with Star Trek during the airing of its first aired episode (The Man Trap) in 1966. I was 10 years old. I have been a fan for almost 49 years.

by Anonymousreply 13802/09/2015

That Shatner bitch had better be glad he never tried anything sexual with me. I would have gone Joan Crawford with a wire hanger on his punk ass.

On 2nd thought, I would have bent him over his captain's chair and fucked his ass nine ways to Sunday. Then I would have beamed his ass out into space.

by Anonymousreply 13902/09/2015

I once saw Shatner spit on a Tribble.

by Anonymousreply 14002/09/2015

R134 - just some names would be enough. Please!

by Anonymousreply 14102/09/2015

I loved the Shat in the Star Trek TV series, the original 6 Star Trek movies, and Boston Legal. He seems like a cunt but I still enjoy those shows.

by Anonymousreply 14202/09/2015

by Anonymousreply 14302/27/2015

I once worked with a guy whose father went to High school with Shatner, and yes supposedly, he was an ego maniac even back then. But really who cares? I love Captian Kirk.

by Anonymousreply 14403/01/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!