Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's 5 PM and It's Not Fully Dark -- East Coast, USA

The sun god is returning to us! He has been made happy by our auspicious Yule celebration in his honor. Slowly, he will allow us to see more of him each day.

by Anonymousreply 2303/07/2013

Fuck you from Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 101/17/2013

I notice the in sets later up in Saskatoon than it does in NY. Yeah, the sun comes up later up there. That's kind of wired. Here, when the sun comes up later, it sets earlier. When it comes up earlier, it sets later.

by Anonymousreply 201/18/2013

Daylight Saving Time begins Sunday, March 10th. I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 301/18/2013

5:08 pm. Broad daylight in the northeast

The male cardinals were singing today. Mating calls.

Spring is a-comin

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

not a huge fan of the sun, I like it when it's dark by 5.00PM

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

Spring comes very early here in Ireland. "There's a grand stretch in the evenings," the Irish like to say.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

I want more sun

by Anonymousreply 702/15/2013

Here in Northern California, the spring flowers are starting to appear. The cherry and almond trees are starting to bloom, daffodils are cheering up people's yards, and mustard is popping up in the orchards.

Spring is coming!

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

The first flock of redwing blackbirds showed up today. Even though it's snowing where I am, it's a sure sign of spring. They are the first birds to return from their southern migration.

Next come the even more unpopular grackles, then robins. We have year-round robins here that flock together in winter, so I don't really see robins as a sign of spring.

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2013

How's Half Moon Bay?

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013

I want snow in Maryland.

We get no snow in MD anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2013

"I want the sun!"

by Anonymousreply 1202/16/2013

Oh noes, the grackles are back.

Male cardinals are singing their mating songs.

Song sparrows have started singing.

My neighbor's muscari are pushing up father green. Buds should follow soon.

I can't tell if my mini daffodils are starting to come up because they are covered in snow.

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2013

There are shallow rollers, and there are deep rollers. You can't breed two deep rollers or their young, their offspring, will roll all the way down hit and die. Agent Starling is a deep roller. Let us hope one of her parents was not.

by Anonymousreply 1402/23/2013

Eff that BS

by Anonymousreply 1502/23/2013

I just moved back up here from FL -- and I hate that it's light out until 6-7PM and still 20 degrees. Feels bizarre to me.

When the sun's out, it should be warm -- don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 1602/23/2013

March 10th and flowers blooming in February.

Best time of year.

by Anonymousreply 1702/23/2013

[quote]I just moved back up here from FL

Back where?

by Anonymousreply 1802/23/2013

Left Toronto last week ( deep arctic freeze...miserable winter this year there btw ) came to to NYC and it feels like spring to me even tho the locals are all running around in parkas and bitching about the cold. It's ABOVE the freezing point, so all is well in my world.

Going back to Toronto tomorrow, hope to drag the warmth backi north.

by Anonymousreply 1902/23/2013

It's always sunny and hot here. I'm headed to the beach right now!

by Anonymousreply 2002/23/2013

Yeah, when it gets above freezing after being in a deep freeze for awhile, it can practically bring on hot flashes.

The thing I hate about cold weather is having to dress to go outside, then being in an overly warm car, then walking across freezing parking lots, then walking into hot buildings, etc. You're always having to strip, then bundle. Strip and bundle. If buildings weren't heated to the comfort level of anorexic secretaries and shopgirls, it might make winter more tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 2102/23/2013

Spring back one hour this weekend

by Anonymousreply 2203/07/2013

Oops. Spring ahead one hour

by Anonymousreply 2303/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!