Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

American Horror Story: Asylum, thread three

For the final two episodes, now that the second thread has maxed out.

Where do we have left to go? Will Judy (formerly Sister Jude) get out of Briarcliff? Will Lana get it closed down? Who is Johnny's (the Dylan McDermot character's) mother and father? What about the aliens? How did Grace come back to life, and what is the deal with her baby? What about Alma and her baby?

by Anonymousreply 23302/08/2015

Thank you OP!

Wonder if we will find out anything about the arm chewing beast that killed Adam Levine back at the beginning of the series...

Of course I am much more interested in the fates of Sister Jude/Judy/Betty Drake and Lana 'banana' Winters and, of course, Kit.

by Anonymousreply 201/17/2013

[quote] Wonder if we will find out anything about the arm chewing beast that killed Adam Levine back at the beginning of the series...

Likely one of the "raspers" or their offspring.

Another storyline that seemed promising but really went nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 301/17/2013

Evan Peters beefy thighs and feets!

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2013

[quote]Wonder if we will find out anything about the arm chewing beast that killed Adam Levine back at the beginning of the series...

There was a shot in the preview of Bloodyface standing behind the door and cutting off the arm.

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2013

[quote] Tongiht's episode should have the biggest clue yet about next season's theme.

You're a day late. Episode aired last night.

by Anonymousreply 601/17/2013

The mention of Tuesday Weld made me think it was confirming the witchcraft theme for the next season. If season one hadn't already touched on it, I would think the NY references would suggest a Rosemary's Baby season.

I loved the Women's Studies major who studies trashy crime lit as part of her course. Oh, and a personal copy of a book being listed on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 701/17/2013

Tuesday Weld and the ritual. I'm surprised if Murphy didn't get permission to use her name, the witches in Hollywood will curse him otherwise.Yes that would point to Salem(Salem was mentioned) as in the Salem Witch trials? That would be a real mind fuck.Cromwell as a judgmental Puritan? Lily Rabe as a witch?

by Anonymousreply 801/17/2013

I think Candyland was the clue. Lange is the evil "Queen of Candyland" who traps and eats little children who wonder into her sweet kingdom looking for candy.

by Anonymousreply 901/17/2013

I hope it's Salem over New Orleans. Voodoo ain't scary.

by Anonymousreply 1001/17/2013

Season 1 alerady had a Rosemary's Baby theme. It won't be that.

by Anonymousreply 1101/17/2013

Yeah, the mentioning of Tuesday Weld felt pretty significant.

Witchcraft in Salem, New Orleans, Hollywood, and Washington?

American Horror Stories: The Amazing Race ... uhm, Witch Hunt?

by Anonymousreply 1201/17/2013

Seeing the once vibrant and sharp-as-a-tack Sister Jude reduced to a babbling and hallucinating nonentity was sad and painful to watch. Sure she was a mean c*nt in the beginning and probably had it coming, but her fate just seems unjust. Reflecting back on the first episode when she proudly proclaimed that she always wins against the patriarchal male, only to have her undone not just by a patriarchal male, but one who represents the patriarchal of patriarchies, the Catholic Church, is simply cruel irony. And now with Judy Martin's true identity killed off and involuntarily re-Christened with the generic new name of Betty Drake, and not even cognizant of people calling her attention, the joyous Name Game of a few episodes ago is now even more so tinged with heartbreaking sadness.

by Anonymousreply 1301/17/2013

Did anyone else think "Betty Drake" was a sideswipe at MAD MEN and Betty Draper?

by Anonymousreply 1401/17/2013

It's a cruel spin or twist to the 'and the lived happily thereafter' happy ending.

Lana, the cold and bitter sellout (without Sister Jude and her nun friend she would still rot in Briarcliff or not have been committed to Briarcliff and get the story of her lifetime). She reminds me of what Mary Ann Singleton from Tales of the City becomes in the later books.

Kit living the dream of having two lovers and two kids only to be left with both kids and no lovers.

Sister Jude crashing and burning thanks to her warped sense of faith and retribution. When your own pride and virtue is your downfall.

by Anonymousreply 1501/17/2013

sorry, and they lived happily thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

[quote] OMG, the minute Frances Conroy opened her mouth I got the biggest grin. That was a hilarious performance, I loved it.

Absofuckinglutely. Frances Conroy deserves an Emmy for this performance. She was magnificent.

See, the difference between a Lily Rabe being Lily Rabe performance, and this Frances Conroy performance, is that she provided comedy and drama, without being campy. Her character was 100% believeable - and I have no idea where it came from.

Conroy usually plays quiet, demure, and soft-spoken characters, but in this episode, she acted the hell out of the part, and I was in heaven. It was so enjoyable to watch. She even topped Jessica Lange.

Although, Jessica also deserves an award for that captivating performance in the doctor's office. Her vulnerability and strength, and the way she went in and out between crazy and keeping it together, was really something to behold.

Ryan Murphy really has a GOLD MINE of acting ability with Conroy and Lange. These two ladies are superb.

Ordinarily, Quinto, Paulson, James Cromwell, Lily Rabe, and Joseph Fiennes would shine in their roles, but in this instance, they are eclipsed by Conroy and Lange.

Julianne Moore won the GG, but she'd better not win the fucking Emmy, because there has never been a more deserving winner than Frances Conroy. And Ryan Murphy had better submit this clip of Conroy as her demo.

I also give kudos to the production crew, who took the viewer in and out of Jessica Lange's head, with the close ups and the far out shots, and the overall "crazy" feeling, to give us an idea of what a mentally ill person really goes through.

This was one of the most well done episodes of ANY show that I've seen in a long time. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Oh, and seeing Evan Peters' meaty thighs and bubble butt in the tighty whities, didn't hurt one bit either!

by Anonymousreply 1701/17/2013

[quote] Lana, the cold and bitter sellout (without Sister Jude and her nun friend she would still rot in Briarcliff or not have been committed to Briarcliff and get the story of her lifetime). She reminds me of what Mary Ann Singleton from Tales of the City becomes in the later books.

I wasn't too happy with this storyline. With the strength of the Sister Jude storyline, the Sarah Paulson becoming a fame-whore storyline just didn't sit well with me. It seemed very out of character for Lana. Based on what I've seen from her character all season long, she doesn't strike me as ever becoming a sellout.

Having lived with the love of her life, and then seeing that love brutally murdered, then being committed to a mental institution, then being raped and tortured by a serial killer, then being re-committed to the mental institution, one would assume that a person who experienced all that could not just pick up the pieces and resume their life, the way that Lana did.

It seems more likely that she would have become an alcoholic or drug addict, eventually taking her own life, after replaying the horrors in her mind, over and over, on a daily basis.

But to later become a successful and bitchy writer, who craves stardom and money? No way. I don't buy it for a second.

And after seeing what later became of Sister Jude, I really think that the whole season should have focused more on a storyline like that, taking us through the mind of a crazy person, and seeing what they're seeing, and contrasting that with reality. I think it would have been much more interesting.

There were just too many storylines this season, that weren't really connected.

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2013

[quote] Julianne Moore won the GG, but she'd better not win the fucking Emmy, because there has never been a more deserving winner than Frances Conroy. And Ryan Murphy had better submit this clip of Conroy as her demo.

Julianne Moore already won the Emmy this past September, dear. She's not up for it for "GAME CHANGE." And she won for LEAD Actress, not Supporting, which is where Conroy would be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 1901/17/2013

18 go back and watch Lana's story again. What has happened in the course of the story is that she came full circle and got back to where she was at the beginning. Not everyone who experiences trauma and tragedy ends up a pathetic mess.

by Anonymousreply 2001/17/2013

What does Tuesday Weld have to do with witches?

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2013

[quote] Not everyone who experiences trauma and tragedy ends up a pathetic mess.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. But not the kind of trauma and tragedy that Lana sustained. Her trauma is the stuff of daily pain and nightmares.

It's too unbelieveable to think that she could just "get over it" and become some shallow famous celeb author, when all is said and done.

by Anonymousreply 2201/17/2013

Isn't Tuesday Weld rumored to be some occult high priestess?

A secret cult of satanists or pedophiles (Larry Sandusky)? That would be a tough sell even for Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 2301/17/2013

Lana was always ambitious. Remember how she got noticed by Thredson in the first place? She was hungry for a story that puts her name on the map.

by Anonymousreply 2401/17/2013

Well 22 they didn't show her life as she was writing the book, what her process was and how her adjustment back into her own left went. I presume it took some time to write the book right? There were no computers back then so it took quite a bit longer than today. A lot of therapy could have happened in that time.

by Anonymousreply 2501/17/2013

On Lana's trasnformation into a celeb, from series creator Ryan Murphy (in his weekly recap of the episode with Entertainment Weekly):

MURPHY: All of that Lana stuff was really modeled after Truman Capote and his complete In Cold Blood fame grab. Lana has sorta become Truman Capote meets Jackie Susann. I thought it was just fascinating and moving and totally understandable that after all the horrors Lana took refuge and solace in fame and money and celebrity and glamour. I really understood that for her. Then I love how they all dovetailed.

EW: It does sort of seem like Lana is a horrible person now.

RYAN MUPHY: Oh no! No! After what Lana went through, if she wants to throw on some lip gloss and go on f—ing Dick Cavett? No, I don’t think she’s horrible at all. I think she hardened up and I think lost her way, which we will find in the last episode to chilling results.

by Anonymousreply 2601/17/2013

[quote]I wasn't too happy with this storyline. With the strength of the Sister Jude storyline, the Sarah Paulson becoming a fame-whore storyline just didn't sit well with me. It seemed very out of character for Lana.

Yeah but in the first episode, didn't Lana sneak into the asylum for a story? She was ambitious from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 2701/17/2013

If that's Ryan's take on the Lana character, R26, then I now know why it doesn't make sense to me. It's because his version of what would happen to a character like Lana, isn't true to reality.

She becomes a Truman Capote / Jackie Susann like character by "taking solace in fame and money and celebrity and glamour"??? No way. That is not at all true to life.

In Ryan Murphy's world, perhaps someone who was institutionalized, watched their lover butchered, then raped, tortured, almost murdered, then institutionalized again, could move on to take solace in living an "absolutely fabulous" life, but not in my reality.

Ryan lives in his own dream world, and I guess as the show's creator, that's his prerogative. But I must say that to the level-headed viewer, it makes no sense at all, and takes away greatly from the show.

This non-reality based type of thinking is what takes what could be an A+ show, to a B+ level. But I guess he's fine with that, so it's up to him.

by Anonymousreply 2801/17/2013

I got into an argument with someone I work with (I'm a surgical nurse) because I said that I thought Jessica Tandy was sexy; as in sexy NOW, at her current age, and my ageist fuck of a straight friend, whom I'm actually quite fond of in a platonic way, thought I was crazy. I'm bi and have been with way WAY MORE women than men, so I feel somewhat qualified to opine about such things.

What do you think about her?

by Anonymousreply 2901/17/2013

[quote]She becomes a Truman Capote / Jackie Susann like character by "taking solace in fame and money and celebrity and glamour"??? No way. That is not at all true to life.

I disagree completely. As someone said upthread, she's wanted to be a famous writer since the first episode we saw her. Left without her partner to help act as a moral compass, it makes absolute sense to me she'd go that route.

by Anonymousreply 3001/17/2013

R29, you must mean Jessica Lange. Because Jessica Tandy is dead, and would probably be over 100 years old by now.

by Anonymousreply 3101/17/2013

R29, honey, Jessica TANDY ain't looking very good these days. Jessica LANGE though...

by Anonymousreply 3201/17/2013

r29 = Oliver Thredson into dead women that may or may not resemble his mommy (when Jessica Tandy may resemble your mommy then bitch, you're old!)

by Anonymousreply 3301/17/2013

R29, Jessica Tandy is not dead. She wunk at me at the corner of Broadway and 10th. Jessica Tandy is not dead.

by Anonymousreply 3401/17/2013

I think Jessica Lange is sexy as hell, and her talent makes her even more so. It's really quite sad that so many men are ageist fucks.

by Anonymousreply 3501/17/2013

[quote] It's really quite sad that so many men are ageist fucks.

You really have no idea what the gay male dating scene is really like, R35. It's a fucking nightmare.

It's not only ageist, but body nazi-ist, mannerism-ist, eth-nist, and on and on.

If you are older than 22, you're no good. If you don't have a 30 inch waist, you're no good. If you have body hair, you're no good. If you're the slightest feminine mannerisms, you're no good.

Gay men are ALL seeking perfection. "No fats, no fems, no oldies, must be smooth" is a gay requirement.

Try finding someone substantial in that kind of dating environment, and then stop complaining about men. Women have it MUCH easier - believe me.

by Anonymousreply 3601/17/2013

Lange and Conroy both deserve Emmys for their work. Lange in lead and Conroy in supporting. Paulson and Rabe have been nipping at their, but the twelfth episode proved who this Grand Guignol fiasco really belongs to: the old gals.

Lange and Conroy are an iridescent pair. They are magic. It's quite overwhelming to behold.

They deserve to be awarded, especially Conroy who has never won though has deserved to more times than once.

by Anonymousreply 3701/17/2013

Girls, can we get back to discussing the tv show?

by Anonymousreply 3801/17/2013

[quote]In Ryan Murphy's world, perhaps someone who was institutionalized, watched their lover butchered, then raped, tortured, almost murdered, then institutionalized again, could move on to take solace in living an "absolutely fabulous" life, but not in my reality.

It's a TV show, Honey. Lana ain't real or lives in reality. regardless, she isn't all honor and integrity, she called her butchered lover, her roommate in the book. Not too courageous there.

by Anonymousreply 3901/17/2013

I didn't like Lana bringing up Capote, since it was pretty obvious what they were going with. I think part of her not giving a shit about the asylum now is because she wants her book to have a good ending, much like Capote.

[quote] She reminds me of what Mary Ann Singleton from Tales of the City becomes in the later books.

I thought this exact same thing, and had the same response. At first, I hated Mary Ann's transformation, then I though that, well, it's what happens to many people in real life.

I've never seen Paulson be funny, but if they wanted to continue the Tales books with a new cast she could maybe be a good Mary Ann, no?

by Anonymousreply 4001/18/2013

I would SO love Pepper to come back next season as another character. It would be interesting to see her without the pinhead makeover. It was fun to see her as Jude's tough talking sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 4101/18/2013

UPDATED: American Horror Story co-creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy lifted the veil a bit on the upcoming third installment of the FX horror series. At a screening of the season finale tonight, he confirmed that the storyline in season three will be a romance set in modern times, and that Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters will join star Jessica Lange on the next cycle. All three appeared both in American Horror: Asylum, whose finale airs next Wednesday, and the original American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 4201/18/2013

Am I the only one who's kind of tired to see 'the usual suspects' in new roles every season? Jessica Lange might be ok, but Even Peters and Sarah Paulsen again? Isn't any other decent actor or actress available?

To me the whole concept just seems destined for heated arguments about which Jessica Lange (or Even Peters, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, and Sarah Paulson for that matter) role is the best one so far. And that heated argument gets re-heated with each new season. It gets so big and ugly that people barely discuss the show itself and you get the silly 'team Edward' vs. 'team Jacob' type of flame wars instead.

by Anonymousreply 4301/18/2013

[quote] Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters will join star Jessica Lange on the next cycle.

WHAT?!!?!?! NO LILY RABE????

This is an OUTRAGE!

by Anonymousreply 4401/18/2013

[quote]Am I the only one who's kind of tired to see 'the usual suspects' in new roles every season?

Yes you are. Don't watch, problem solved.

[quote]WHAT?!!?!?! NO LILY RABE????

Where did you see that? Nothing is in ink yet, and a formal Official Press Release hasn't been issued. Unless she got a fabulous job and I don't doubt she will from this show, she'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 4501/18/2013

There was nothing in the press last year about Frances Conroy or Dylan McDermott returning, yet they figured prominently this season. Just because someone's name isn't mentioned doesn't mean they won't be back. I think Ryan Murphy likes to keep some actors secret.

by Anonymousreply 4601/18/2013

Story from Bloody-Disgusting:

- It will once again center around Jessica Lange. She will be playing a “really glamor-cat sort of lady.”

- Murphy says it’s a “modern day story.”

- Actors from Season One – actors who weren’t in Season 2 – will be returning.

- Even though it’s a modern story, Murphy says, ““What season three is about is more historical in nature… I’m also interested in getting into a horror romance. That’s certainly something that’s going to be in the water for season three… You’re going to see a very different tone in season three, but that’s the joy of the show… I think as a person right now I do feel lighter and wanting to embrace something a little bit more fun.”

by Anonymousreply 4701/18/2013

The modern story about something historical - modern witches/modern voodoo? Could still be a New Orleans story, with Lange as a glamorous society type dabbling in witchcraft.

New York witches would again make it a bit too Rosemary's Baby. I hope they don't overdo the romance- I loved Tate, but the fangirls threatened to give it the Twilight treatment.

by Anonymousreply 4801/18/2013

R47 Ms Farmiga returns to be paired in said romance with Evan Peters? That would be cool. I'd love to see Lizzie Brochere' back and Noami Pepper Grossman as well. Oh yes ,Alexandra Beckenridge,she's such a hottie.....

by Anonymousreply 4901/18/2013

I want them to bring back Kate Mara and the sexy maid. Also, the dude from Young and the Restless who was Constance's younger lover. And of course Conroy and Rabe. Could do without McDermott.

by Anonymousreply 5001/18/2013

I like the use of veteran actors as different characters.

by Anonymousreply 5101/18/2013

Evan Peters's fantastic feet were on full display in the latest episode. I blew a huge load looking at them puppies in HD!!!

by Anonymousreply 5201/18/2013

Bring back Quinto and Teddy Sears. It's funny how no one ever mention Quinto on this thread. Do you not like him?

by Anonymousreply 5301/18/2013

[quote] It's funny how no one ever mention Quinto on this thread. Do you not like him?

No, Quinto's a great actor who's out and who is by all accounts a nice person. The demented DL queens have nothing to complain about with him.

by Anonymousreply 5401/18/2013

Please, no Kate Mara or Taissa Farmiga.

by Anonymousreply 5501/18/2013

R29 here. Holy shit, I haven't laughed at myself this hard in . . . forever. Jessica TANDY! Yeah, I meant Jessica Lange.

I'm a total dumbass and absolute failure as a gay man. (Well, not quite.)

R29: Mmmmmm, Miss Daisy, you is ALL KINDS of fine!!! I got to get me sum uh dat.

by Anonymousreply 5601/18/2013

If Tuesday Weld and Love Potion No. 9 are clues, could the next season be about obsession as portrayed in "Pretty Poison" or "Lord, Love a Duck"? In both of these movies, the main characters fall under Tuesday's spell. Maybe this would be a bit too similar to pathetic Larry in Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 5701/18/2013

Why do we think Tuesday Weld is necessarily THE clue from this week's episode?

by Anonymousreply 5801/18/2013

I never got what the clues were from the first season?

by Anonymousreply 5901/18/2013

Dennis O'Hare is coming back hopefully now that he's done with True Blood.

Some of these theories are great. New York was mentioned, Salem was mentioned, French was spoken and a witches spell will be cast upon someone inducing a love entrancement.

Jess Lange is so cute for her age. If she doesn't have a boy toy she should. She might be a nana BUT she's a hot nana.

by Anonymousreply 6001/18/2013

I still think next season's plot will have something to do with Suspiria, which Murphy hinted at months ago. That movie did have a coven of witches in it. Possibly a performing arts academy run by witches.

by Anonymousreply 6101/18/2013

Now he's ripping off Argento? Gee whiz what next Bava?! I hope it's not too imitative of Suspiria though. Hopefully,Murphy will put his own stamp on it.

by Anonymousreply 6201/18/2013

I thought of DL when Lana was accused of becoming fame-hungry.

by Anonymousreply 6301/18/2013

[quote]That’s certainly something that’s going to be in the water for season three…

In the water!?! Shark! Jessica Lange and Tuesday Weld could play sisters.

by Anonymousreply 6401/18/2013

[quote] Murphy says he is looking to cast “actors Jessica wanted to work with.” She gave him names and he’s working to cast them.

Who does Lange get along with? This could get interesting.

He also says there'll be multiple time periods and cities again. Maybe historical witchcraft tied to modern Suspiria-like coven?

by Anonymousreply 6501/18/2013

Please cast Tuesday Weld as Lange's sister or cousin. It would be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 6601/19/2013

Any clue what Tuesday looks like these days? My hunch is it's not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 6701/19/2013

Hire Judy Davis, please.

by Anonymousreply 6801/19/2013

Will Eric Stonestreet be in the finale? He was confirmed to be making an appearance again this season, but I have yet to see him.

by Anonymousreply 6901/19/2013

[quote]Will Eric Stonestreet be in the finale? He was confirmed to be making an appearance again this season, but I have yet to see him.

Hope not. he's a lousy actor and brought nothing to the first season.

by Anonymousreply 7001/19/2013

I like Eric Stonestreet on Modern Family, but he really did stick out like a sore thumb during his guest spot last season.

People like R28 and R43 really shouldn't be watching AHS.

by Anonymousreply 7101/20/2013

Loved this recent episode, was in total awe when Frances Conroy made a surprising appearance. Sarah Paulson, Jessica Lange, Frances Conroy, Lily Rabe...Murphy really gives juicy roles to talented women. Actresses so often are neglected when it comes to really off the wall characters, it's great to see these powerful ladies really sinking their teeth into great parts. Not just lady lawyers on crime dramas or secretaries and wives on Mad Men, their characters are far more surprising.

r43, You must be a teenager with the attention span of a pea. It amazes me how many people hate a TV show but still watch it every week just to complain about it. Go do some volunteer work.

by Anonymousreply 7201/21/2013

Final episode..airing now!

by Anonymousreply 7301/23/2013

[quote]Terrible aging makeup.

Oh I disagree, it, and her 70's look is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 7601/23/2013

[bold] 'American Horror Story': Taissa Farmiga in talks to return for season 3 -- EXCLUSIVE [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 8001/23/2013

[quote]The makeup around her mouth was horrible. It looked plastic. Are you watching in 1080, dear?

Yeah HD and no rich woman her age has ever had her lips injected, have they? I still thought it looked fabulous,. They didn't age Kit because he died years before.

by Anonymousreply 8101/23/2013

I'm with R76.

by Anonymousreply 8201/23/2013

I love Joan Severance - she still looks beautiful. She was fabulous back when she was in "Wiseguy".

by Anonymousreply 8401/23/2013

That was masterful.

by Anonymousreply 8501/24/2013

Loved how they reverted back to 64 for the final scene. Love Jude's last line: If you look in the face evil, evil will look right back.

In the end, Lana had bigger balls than Jude.

by Anonymousreply 8601/24/2013

[quote]Love Jude's last line: If you look in the face evil, evil will look right back.

That Sister Jude! Dyslexia was only one of her many problems.

by Anonymousreply 8701/24/2013

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 8801/24/2013

Loved the final ep, except for the fact that the alien storyline had pretty much no payoff. The kids going off with Jude into the woods was very Spielberg.

Agree Kit's aging makeup was awful.

And Lana Banana was going to Sondheim's birthday!

by Anonymousreply 8901/24/2013

[quote] If you look in the face evil, evil will look right back.

What does this line mean?

by Anonymousreply 9001/24/2013

It was ""If you look in the face of Evil, Evil's going to look right back at you."

It's ambiguous. It suggests evil is unflinching and you need a strong will to stand up to it. But it sort of suggests Lana HAD to harden as a person in the face of evil. I don't think it means she was evil. Though she likely has a better understanding of it than most.

by Anonymousreply 9101/24/2013

excellent ending

by Anonymousreply 9201/24/2013

Loved the ending. I'm glad Jude got some redemption, and I love how the Cardinal ended up. It seemed like such a wild mix of a season, yet somehow it all still made sense.

by Anonymousreply 9301/24/2013

[quote]I love how the Cardinal ended up.

I missed that ... what happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 9401/24/2013

He slit his wrists in a bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 9501/24/2013

Great piece here:

by Anonymousreply 9601/24/2013

[quote]Loved the final ep, except for the fact that the alien storyline had pretty much no payoff. The kids going off with Jude into the woods was very Spielberg.

I thought it did. Kit was thrown into the asylum for being insane for saying Aliens took his wife. They thought he killed her. The payoff was he never changed his story. As Lana said, he was gone without a trace, maybe it was true, but with all abductions, no one really knows.

by Anonymousreply 9701/24/2013

Loved the finale.

Lana was awesome. She knew her son was there to kill her, but did she alert the authorities? Nope. She wanted to kill him herself. I loved how he said this wasn't how he thought things would turn out, and she responds "this is exactly how I knew it would"! She worked him good, revealing her secret baby in earshot. Telling him she recognized him, because how could she not recognize her own son? Even though we knew she was lying because it was only the police showing her his pictures earlier.

Jude's death was beautiful. Glad she had some final weeks of peace.

The alien thing? Eh.

by Anonymousreply 9801/24/2013

I thought the finale was befitting for the season, especially the endings for Lana, Kit, Sister Jude and the Monsignor (killed himself because his reputation was wrecked instead of out of pure guilt, befitting a narcissist).

The kids were well cast though are they alien moles? Obviously they did something to Jude. I also loved the gender role reversal, Kit being domestic and taking care of Jude and Lana being the go-getting ambitious one.

Loved the finale overall.

by Anonymousreply 9901/24/2013

In the end, when Jude says, "if you stare at the face of evil, it will stare right back at you", there were close-ups of both Lana and Jude. Was Lana the face of evil that Jude was staring at?

Lana didn't have much compassion for anyone and apparently made a career of destroying people. As stated above, she didn't have to kill her son, but chose to do so.

Did she become evil or just hardened?

by Anonymousreply 10001/24/2013

What a great finale!

The end for Sister Jude was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 10101/24/2013

I interpreted the evil part as if you dare to confront and challenge evil head on, it will do the same to you, a warning from Sister Jude to Lana. Not that it means Lana is evil too, as interpreted by some, because she's not.

by Anonymousreply 10201/24/2013

I thought she killed her son as she felt she brought this evil into the world and it's her duty to end it, thus the it's my mistake.

She's definitely hardened, but evil, nope. She left Jude in there but what evil did she do in exchange for fame and success? Nothing in my opinion. Shutting down the asylum was a good thing, exposing the monsignor was another.

Though she probably did it for herself. But she didn't step on innocent people to further herself.

by Anonymousreply 10301/24/2013

Overall, I thought the finale was the second best episode ever, behind only the Halloween episode from season one. Does anyone know who directed it? It was some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

Sarah Paulson did a masterful job last night, even though she stole much of her look and performance from Kate Nelligan in "The Prince of Tides".

I cried during Jessica's death scene.

by Anonymousreply 10401/24/2013

Will Jessica be Supporting and Paulson Leading? Or vice versa?

Never been a fan of Paulson. Couldn't even tolerate her on Studio 60, but she was perfection as Lana. Both her and Lange should be recognized for their brilliant work this season.

by Anonymousreply 10601/24/2013

[quote]Does anyone know who directed it? It was some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

Alfonso Gonez-Rejon. He also directed the beautiful Anne Frank Part 2 and Spilt Milk episodes. He's going to have a larger part in season 3, and will direct every third episode.

by Anonymousreply 10701/24/2013

[quote]The end for Sister Jude was beautiful.

I know, I never thought something called "American Horror Story" would make me verklempt. But that's the brilliance of Jessica Lange. She took us on the journey from a cold and closed up killer, to madness, then redemption.

[quote]She left Jude in there but what evil did she do in exchange for fame and success? Nothing in my opinion.

Maybe not evil by definition but she certainly wasn't honest about the experience. She had forsaken her lover, never mentioned Bloody Face Jr and left Jude in the Madhouse.

by Anonymousreply 10801/24/2013

R105, I think you nailed it. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 10901/24/2013

r105 but what "twisted depths " did Lana descend to? Fabricating and sensationalising instead of telling only the truth?

The only despicable thing I thought she did was to leave Jude in the asylum when she promised she would get her out. That was really low of her.

by Anonymousreply 11001/24/2013

R105 That last scene was to punctuate how Lana would survive and thrive in the world. She wasn't like Arden and Bloody face in that her actions resulted in a common good: closing the asylum and exposing the Monsignor.She was selfish on her road to fame BUT she also suffered greatly in losing her lover,being gay in an era where it got her locked up, spent time in that loony bin and was raped by Bloodyface Sr.

Kit's fate was poorly done.There was no payoff with the Alien storyline at all. Bad job by Murphy and company.

Next season is filled with witches,NYC, Washington, New Orleans and romance? Can't wait to see what happens....

by Anonymousreply 11101/24/2013

Well, she did go back for Jude! Albeit only years later after her book sales dried up and with a TV crew in tow

by Anonymousreply 11201/24/2013

Lana was the one who was forsaken by her lover. It was Clea Duvall who signed the papers to commit Lana after Sister Jude threatened to out her.

by Anonymousreply 11301/24/2013

[quote] Well, she did go back for Jude! Albeit only years later after her book sales dried up and with a TV crew in tow

She went back for her before that, but the Monsignor had squirreled Jude away and faked her death.

by Anonymousreply 11401/24/2013

Yes she did go back but she didn't the second time. In the end Kit was the one who did the honourable thing and even took care of her in his home. That was really something.

by Anonymousreply 11501/24/2013

[quote] Sarah Paulson did a masterful job last night, even though she stole much of her look and performance from Kate Nelligan in "The Prince of Tides".

Yes, The Prince of Tides is ripped off as often as Hitchcock.

by Anonymousreply 11601/24/2013

It was a good season finale (though I doubt Johnny would ever have been talked out of killing his mother). It was a weird season. On one hand it was one of the scariest seasons I had ever seen on TV, with the episode that ended with lana trapped in the secret basement of Bloody Face's house one of the scariest things I had ever seen on television. But it was all so unintegrated. The aliens did not make much sense with respect to the devil that possessed Sister Mary Eunice, and that made no sense with the rest of the season. I wish the different plot lines had been better integrated.

by Anonymousreply 11701/24/2013

I agree R106. Never cared for her but she was amazing on this show.

by Anonymousreply 11801/24/2013

Interesting season wrap up from Ryan Murphy and how he viewed Kit's end.

by Anonymousreply 11901/24/2013

Agree R117

by Anonymousreply 12001/24/2013

[quote]The only despicable thing I thought she did was to leave Jude in the asylum when she promised she would get her out. That was really low of her.

How could she? She came back with the police in tow and was told Jude was dead. Even saw the death certificate. She had no idea Jude was still alive and was now Betty Drake.

I thought the alien bit played out well. They came to take away Kit when he was near death and left behind two children who were doing wonderful things for people. It was obvious thy were here to help humanity and not harm us.

Anyone else jump when that inmate popped up out of all that paperwork laying on the floor?

by Anonymousreply 12101/24/2013

[quote]Murphy said about the fact he never planned to tie up that storyline. "It was always what it was. I always interested in those stories and the fascinating thing about those stories is the people who claimed to have been abducted and been on the ships. Did that happen? I don't know. But I'm fascinated that those stories started to come out right around the time of the civil rights era."

That's the way I took it. Even today people who claim to be abducted are dismissed as nutz. That was Kit's story, but there is no way to say it was true or not. It just was. I didn't want to see ET walk up and put his lighted finger on Kit's nose. It wasn't ever presented as that.

by Anonymousreply 12201/24/2013

Lily Rabe's storyline didn't make a bit of sense now that the show has ended. It's like Murphy wanted to give her something over-the-top to do even though it went nowhere and had no connection to the bigger story. I hope Lily doesn't return for season 3. I'd rather see Clea Duvall again than Lily.

by Anonymousreply 12301/24/2013

Why does every individual story have to tie into the end?

by Anonymousreply 12401/24/2013

[quote]but there is no way to say it was true or not.

Within the context of the story it was clear that it was true. They brought Grace back from the dead and nine months pregnant. Not to mention a few visuals of the aliens.

by Anonymousreply 12501/24/2013

[quote]Why does every individual story have to tie into the end?

Because it makes the whole seem inchoate. As it is, this season asked to believe that not only was there (a) a serial killer affiliated with Briarcliff Manor, but just by chance (a) the devil wound up there too and possessed one of the nuns there, and that (c) aliens visited people there too. But none of these three things had anything to do with any of the others. It's too much.

by Anonymousreply 12601/24/2013

R126, that's what TV shows do. TheX-Files had HUNDREDS of stories that had nothing to do with the show's overall story, for one example.

It would be far more unbelievable to have everything that happened in the asylum be magically and conveniently connected.

by Anonymousreply 12701/24/2013

[quote]Lily Rabe's storyline didn't make a bit of sense now that the show has ended.

She got possessed. It made sense. The show is a tribute. We know why she got possessed to. She was also a weakling.

by Anonymousreply 12801/24/2013

I kind of saw all the stories as life (in a fictional world). We all have places we gather (work, clubs, etc.) and like at my work - everyone has lives that involve marriages, divorces, deaths, bankruptcy, cheating, etc. - and we all come, talk about it, some lives touch and criss cross a bit, but ultimately, our stories are our own that go on without tying back in to each other.

I felt like that was what was happening on Asylum - except the every day stuff was replaced with serial killers, possession, angels of death, aliens, nazi scientists. The stories bumped into one another, helped move certain pieces into place in other stories, but ultimately played out on their own.

by Anonymousreply 12901/24/2013

Please R126, please do not watch season 3.

Sad queens like you will never be happy and frankly we could do without your ignorance around here.

by Anonymousreply 13001/24/2013

R127 and R129 are right.

But I understand what you mean, R126. It can be frustrating onto see all the threads, but I think if it ad played out where all of the story lines interconnected --- well, it would be like a Seinfeld episode.

by Anonymousreply 13101/24/2013

yes, poor r126. it's too much to bear.

(so don't watch.)

by Anonymousreply 13201/24/2013

The "if you stare at the face of evil..." line was a rework of the famous Friedrich Nietzsche quote:

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

by Anonymousreply 13301/24/2013

Did anybody get the ALL THAT JAZZ reference??

by Anonymousreply 13401/24/2013

My apologies.

I am very stoned.

by Anonymousreply 13501/24/2013

r130 & r132: I like the series quite a bit; I just had the one overall criticism of it. If you really think this show is completely beyond any and all criticism even from people who like it, then you both are clearly far too delicate and fragile to be interacting with other people and should stay off your computers entirely.

by Anonymousreply 13601/24/2013

Petty weak comeback. You can do better than that.

by Anonymousreply 13701/24/2013

Sorry, I'm just not interested in playing petty little games of your devising.

by Anonymousreply 13801/24/2013

then you don't understand what "pointless bitchery" is.

by Anonymousreply 13901/24/2013

I've got to hand it to Dylan McDermot - he was good in that final scene with Mama Lana.

by Anonymousreply 14001/24/2013

Dylan was MUCH better this season than last.

by Anonymousreply 14101/24/2013

[quote]then you don't understand what "pointless bitchery" is.

No: just not interested in engaging in it with you.

by Anonymousreply 14201/24/2013

I wonder what the show would be like if they did a new story each week and had the cast play different characters each episode. Didn't they used to do that in the old days?

by Anonymousreply 14301/24/2013

I don't understand why miserable old fucks like R126 can't just enjoy the show for what it is.

It's like you're trying to make yourself look smarter than everyone else, but you just look like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 14401/24/2013

The last scene where Lana kills her son was so beautifully staged and filmed. It was better than 95% of the theatrical movies out there. The way she shot him at close-range, and the splattering of the blood, made me feel like I pulled the trigger myself.

by Anonymousreply 14601/24/2013

R145, I can't respond to a two-hour old post?

Go fuck yourself, hall monitor.

by Anonymousreply 14701/24/2013

You can't tell me the similarities weren't intentional, right down to the makeup, wig and drink glass.

by Anonymousreply 14801/24/2013

R148, I do agree that any movie with Babs in it is a true american horror story, you are wrong.

[quote]Did Barbara Walters inspire modern-day Lana?

[quote]Well yes, 100% it was Barbara Walters. It was also a little bit of Brooke Astor. When we were doing Sarah's make-up, we sorta did the math and I think Sarah Paulson's character was like 2 years younger than Barbra Walters so we really looked at photos today of Barbara and copied that make up. But the truth of the matter, Barbara looks so much better than Lana. Also, I liked the commentary of fame as a modern day horror, which I have come to believe it is. So that was a fun add.

by Anonymousreply 14901/24/2013

IMO, the possessed nun, the Nazi doctor, and evil monsignor were necessary for Sister Jude to evolve from oppressor to victim and find eventual spiritual fulfillment before death. Had it not been for the alliance between these characters, Sister Jude would not have changed. Personally, I don't think she needed to but the writers did.

by Anonymousreply 15001/24/2013

r121 watch the part with Kit and Lana again. Kit told Lana Jude was still alive and in there. And she said what do you expect me to do? And implied Jude deserved to be in there.

Of course, I don't really think it's in line with Lana's character for her to think so.

But I think she probably did put in effort by trying to shut down Briarcliff, though who knows how long after.

by Anonymousreply 15101/24/2013

r110, she shot her own son, who was himself transformed into a murderer by her actions (among other influences). From my perspective, the whole final episode imparted the feeling that she was strong but forsaken, beyond hope or redemption. She's a husk. And what started her on that path, and the thing she clung to along the way, was her naked ambition.

And r111, I'm not saying she's wholly at fault for her twisted condition by the end. She did the best she could given the particular prejudices and horrors she experienced. I don't think she is evil for being ambitious. But in the end she is certainly the remnant of (her) evil ambition.

Again, I think that the evil of the story is transpersonal, so it's difficult to label any singular (non-insane, non-possessed) character who embodies it "evil." Arden certainly comes closest.

by Anonymousreply 15201/24/2013

What's wrong with being ambitious?

What a regressive read of the show's themes to say Lana's "great evil" was ambition.

I prefer to see the "Bloody Face" outcome as a pro-abortion parable!

by Anonymousreply 15301/24/2013

I loved the shot of Lange's face in tight close-up telling Lana that to look at the face of evil means evil stares right back it you.

Overall, it was a better season than season 1, since it was scarier; but I agree all the same with the criticism aired above that all the different plotlines felt a bit disconnected. One of the best things about the first season I thought was how everything was connected in the end. But then again, they were trying for very different things each season.

I hope we find out soon about the central idea for season 3.

by Anonymousreply 15401/24/2013

I don't think R152 gets it.

by Anonymousreply 15501/24/2013

r152 "who was himself transformed into a murderer by her actions (among other influences)".

I disagree that Lana's actions in a way caused her son to become a murderer. She gave him up for adoption so he could live a normal life. Who knew the little fellow put two and two together by himself. And even so he chose to follow that path all by himself.

I felt she should have gone through with the abortion. But it's her choice and there was nothing wrong with it either.

by Anonymousreply 15601/24/2013

I thought Dylan's performance as he broke down - "I've hurt people ... mom (pleadingly)" - was so real, so painful. For that moment, he was a child again, knowing he had done wrong, wanting his mother to love him. It was raw and I've never seen him be so good.

by Anonymousreply 15701/24/2013

Before this season, I've never really liked Sarah Paulson in anything she's been in. She was fantastic this season. Seems to have conquered that lisp, too.

by Anonymousreply 15801/24/2013

Again, I'm not called Lana evil. I'm suggesting that the purpose of the second season is to comment abstractly on the evils of untempered ambition, a theme which manifests in many different ways through different characters. Lana just happens to be one of them. Part of the evil is how other people and circumstances can bring it out in us. Lana is a good example of this as well. I don't hate the character, and I think Sarah Paulson actually did a marvelous job playing her. But she is only one piece of a much larger message; I think it's wrong to read the finale only in terms of Lana or Jude.

And r156, I would absolutely agree with you in the real world. In the world of AHS, however, a mother abandoning her son makes him a killer (this was, in fact, the root of Thredson's madness as well). Lana's culpability for her son being a murderer is a product of the show's logic. I'm just suggesting that it's one more sadness for her in the end.

by Anonymousreply 15901/24/2013

Lana Winter's 1970's Jackie O-inspired look was GORGEOUS!

by Anonymousreply 16001/24/2013

I totally thought it was going to turn out that Lana had made a mistake and that the bully kid she threatened to hurt was actually her son.

by Anonymousreply 16101/25/2013

Three words: shirtless Joseph Fiennes

by Anonymousreply 16201/25/2013

It's official:

Lana Winters IS a gay icon.

by Anonymousreply 16301/25/2013

Judy Martin's NAME GAME performance alone puts her way ahead of all the other super gay icons of television, except maybe Constance Langdon.

by Anonymousreply 16401/25/2013

Was Lana getting a Kennedy Center Honor or just attending? I didn't think they "honored" newspeople.

by Anonymousreply 16501/25/2013

So when Lana shot her son, that changed history so that she was never in the nut house? When she traveled back in time at the end to see Sister Jude it was confusing.

by Anonymousreply 16601/25/2013

Why hasn't an official American Horror Story book or calendar come out yet? This is one show I want to see merchandising from!

by Anonymousreply 16701/25/2013

You're over thinking it R166, it was just a flashback. It was a book end to how her entire journey started.

by Anonymousreply 16801/25/2013

R168 didn't you see the bit where Lana got into a DeLorean?

by Anonymousreply 16901/25/2013

How have you managed to watch the entire season, R166? Lol

by Anonymousreply 17001/25/2013

That's OK, R166.

Meanies!!

by Anonymousreply 17101/25/2013

Don't jump on R166. It could have been in the end that none of it happened - it was all part of Lana's made-up story. I doubt it, but the flashback was interesting end to the season.

by Anonymousreply 17201/25/2013

I don't think the story is saying that all ambition is evil. Lana's real counterpart is the Monsignor who accepted all manner of evil to service his ambition, while Lana fought evil to fuel her ambition.

Lana used her ambition to bring evil into the light of day and stop it. Probably similar to how a certain Catholic school boy turned mega-successful producer feels he has employed his ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 17301/25/2013

Ryan stated in an interview with EW that it all actually happened and it was just a flash back, R172, to book end the season.

He also credited Paulson with coming up with the ending since his original idea was to focus the entire episode on having Lana do a documentary about the asylum and finally rescue Jude.

The Kit stuff and Jude being rescued by him and finally getting to die happy, all came about because of Paulson's idea to have the final bit be a confrontation between her and Son of Bloodyface.

He even admitted that what they decided to do because of her suggestion was much more interesting than what they originally came up with.

by Anonymousreply 17401/25/2013

I loved the finale. I learned in season 1 that this show is a work of FICTION, as are most horror stories, so I won't loose sleep over loose ends like r126, the Queen of the Literal.

I wonder what happened to the devil inside Sister Eunice? When she was killed, it must have went into hiding in Briarcliffe. Which could explain why Lana's son went crazy and killed the urban explorers.

When the children went to Sister Jude and calmed her down after her freak out, I really lost it. Very moving final moments from a wonderful character.

After all the darkness of this season, it was great to see a peaceful ending. I think r105 hits the nail on the head.

by Anonymousreply 17501/25/2013

Hoping that Bates Motel is good, but early clips don't look promising. Need something to fill the AHS void.

Is The Following any good?

by Anonymousreply 17601/25/2013

R175, when the Angel of Death came for Mary Eunice she said, "I will take both of you". So presumably the demon has gone to the great demonland in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 17701/25/2013

It was implied that Lana was an alien who was sent here to report on mankind's evil ways.

by Anonymousreply 17801/25/2013

It's pretty clear they ended with the flashback so the series would end on Jessica Lange.

Some of you seem to have been born yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 17901/25/2013

Sarah is very hungry, no?

by Anonymousreply 18001/25/2013

r180

For my Cherry Pie.

by Anonymousreply 18101/25/2013

Sister Jude called out Lana for being an ambitious evil bitch with her last sentence.

Evil has a lot of faces. Yes, Lana's actions and their outcome seemed good, but they came from an egoistic ambitious cunning place to further Lana's career and stardom. And for a religious / spiritual person like a nun it doesn't matter what the outcome is when the person doing it doesn't do them out of the goodness of his or her heart but for personal gain.

by Anonymousreply 18201/25/2013

But Lana ended up with Joan Severance. It's all good.

by Anonymousreply 18301/25/2013

Lana was ruthless and ambitious, but there is something to be admired in her. She made the best of a horrible situation. Her life might have gone a lot differently as she pointed out in her conversation with Kit. She could have given up and died in Briarcliff or Threadson's clutches, or turned to drugs/alcohol upon her escape in order to deal with unbearable emotional and physical trauma. But she didn't. She sure as hell wasn't the sad lesbian committing suicide at the end of the story.

by Anonymousreply 18401/25/2013

[quote] Was Lana getting a Kennedy Center Honor or just attending? I didn't think they "honored" newspeople.

It was never specifically addressed, but perhaps her partner is the one who was receiving the KCH award? THAT would make more sense.

by Anonymousreply 18501/25/2013

Interesting that in the season 1 finale, Jessica Lange ends up with an evil murderous kid, and in the season 2 finale she ends up with 2 good, life-saving kids.

by Anonymousreply 18601/25/2013

[quote]Because it makes the whole seem inchoate.

Inchoate doesn't mean what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 18701/25/2013

Oh wait: I read wrong what you wrote. Please disregard.

by Anonymousreply 18801/25/2013

[quote]I wonder what happened to the devil inside Sister Eunice? When she was killed, it must have went into hiding in Briarcliffe. Which could explain why Lana's son went crazy and killed the urban explorers.

The Angel of Death intimated that the demon was also dead.

by Anonymousreply 18901/25/2013

I assume the last scene was back in time at Briarcliff as an excuse to play the music again. They had to go back to before the record was broken. It sort of suggests that Soeur Sourire was the true face of evil.

by Anonymousreply 19001/25/2013

I still don't understand how season 1 and 2 are connected. Didn't Ryan say a clue was in the ep that Vivien died? ON tvgiuide, Ryan said in a early draft, Johnny lived and movd to Boston and changed his name to Ben HArmon! That would have been cool, HAted Kit's endng though

by Anonymousreply 19101/25/2013

They aren't connected in any way except the same actors. The clues are dropped in only to preview what the next season is about. Did anyone pick up the big clue Ryan said was in the final episode?

by Anonymousreply 19201/25/2013

Is Kate Nelligan joining the cast?

by Anonymousreply 19301/25/2013

In this EW interview, Murphy says there will no longer be a Best Supporting Actress category at the Emmys! WTF? Why the hell not?

by Anonymousreply 19401/25/2013

R194, The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences voted to combine the lead and supporting categories in the Miniseries & TV Movie field, effective this year. "American Horror Story" competes as a miniseries.

Last year they combined the Minseries categories with the TV Movie categories, due to the fact that the networks haven't been producing too many miniseries like they did in the past.

by Anonymousreply 19501/25/2013

Unless the academy specifies a number of episodes required for a TV show to be considered a Series as opposed to a mini-series, there's no reason that Murphy couldn't submit AHS this year as a series as opposed to a mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 19601/25/2013

Well that's stupid. They should submit it as a series, since it is, and allow the actors a better chance.

by Anonymousreply 19701/25/2013

Although the season as a whole was wildly uneven, it redeemed itself in the last episode...Lange and Paulson were brilliant - it almost makes up for their atrocious "Glass Menagerie" on Broadway a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 19801/28/2013

Lily Rabe signed for season three.

by Anonymousreply 20002/01/2013

Lily Rabe is returning.

by Anonymousreply 20102/01/2013

WOOHOO! Lily Rabe will be Lily Rabeing her ass off in season 3!

by Anonymousreply 20202/01/2013

R198, you're not very bright. Season 2 wasn't "wildly uneven." It was an big improvement on the first season. It was incredibly ambitious, extreme, it never pulled its punches, was well written and varied. It was a total success.

by Anonymousreply 20302/01/2013

Hint for season three... evil glamour and a Romeo and Juliet love. from zapit

by Anonymousreply 20402/01/2013

Season one had Jessica Lange, Connie Britton, and Pretty Girl.

Season two had Lange and way more.

by Anonymousreply 20602/01/2013

I hope season three is all about a famous modelling agency that is secretly a coven of WITCHES! Fashionitas for Satan! Imagine Jessica as Miranda Priestly, head of the coven...

by Anonymousreply 20702/01/2013

From a Facebook page called Horror Central:

"AMERICAN HORROR STORY:Salem" COMING OCTOBER 9! Making their return in the latest installment of the anthology series slated to bring a modern twist to the Sal...em witch trials is series alumni Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Jessica Lange and Sarah Pauslon. Though details have been highly secretive, AHS writer and Director Ryan Murphy said in a statement..

"I sorta feel like for the third version I want to do something that’s a little bit more 'evil glamour' ... One of the things that I missed this season was I really loved having that Romeo & Juliet youth story with Violet and Tate [in Season 1]." He added, "We're contemplating shooting [Season 3] in a place in the country where true horror has been. We’ve got lots of delicious plans

by Anonymousreply 20902/07/2013

AWESOME!

by Anonymousreply 21002/07/2013

Conroy has also signed up for season 3.

by Anonymousreply 21102/07/2013

[quote]It's official.. next season will be AMERICAN HORROR STORY: Salem Back to Boston area for modern take on witch hunt with some glamour thrown in!

It's official that you're full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 21202/08/2013

So... Witches of Eastwick?

by Anonymousreply 21302/08/2013

R209, There has been no official announcement regarding what Season 3 will be called and where specifically it will take place. All those "promos" advertizing "American Horror Story: Salem" are just fan art. Yesterday's "Hollywood Reporter" announced the casting of Taissa Farmiga and Frances Conroy, but NO mention whatsoever of Salem or any plot involving witches.

by Anonymousreply 21402/08/2013

We know. We are speculating.

by Anonymousreply 21502/08/2013

[quote]We know. We are speculating.

[quote]It's official.. next season will be AMERICAN HORROR STORY: Salem Back to Boston area for modern take on witch hunt with some glamour thrown in!

Then leave the phrase "It's official!" out of your speculating.

by Anonymousreply 21602/08/2013

Kathy Bates for next season. Very exciting!

by Anonymousreply 21702/26/2013

Have it on good authority that next season will be set in New Orleans.

by Anonymousreply 21802/26/2013

I don't think Kathy Bates is well enough to do a series after the disastrous Harry's Law she did a few years ago. She could barely walk across the set and speak without appearing winded and like she would collapse at any moment. As much as I love her, I don't want to be that uncomfortable watching an actor again.

by Anonymousreply 21902/26/2013

Last season made me fall in love with Lily Rabe and her 'Lily Rabe-ing.' This past season made me learn of the incredible range of Frances Conroy because she went from the 'Angel of Death' (looked stunning btw) to a hard core prison bitch type of character (for one episode)! She played two entirely different roles just soo very well and I just loved it.

With this whole show I just sit the hell back and enjoy it and do not over-think things at all. There is no point. I could care less where poor Kit might have wound up when the aliens claimed him while he was on Hospice. Care less. I enjoy the ride and greatly appreciate Ryan Murphy giving some of these very fine actresses of various ages a proper platform for their talents.

Acting is as ageist as hell and I like how Ryan Murphy is screwing with the status quo a bit on that end very much.

by Anonymousreply 22002/26/2013

ditto, r220.

by Anonymousreply 22102/27/2013

butterbean, so, no to the Salem witch angle?

by Anonymousreply 22202/27/2013

[quote]I don't think Kathy Bates is well enough to do a series after the disastrous Harry's Law she did a few years ago.

Don't think, you nitwit, you'll hurt yourself. You don't know her. Oh and "American Horror Story" is a Mini-Series.

by Anonymousreply 22302/27/2013

[quote]This past season made me learn of the incredible range of Frances Conroy because she went from the 'Angel of Death' (looked stunning btw) to a hard core prison bitch type of character (for one episode)!

She's best known for her character on Six Feet Under, which was totally different from anything she's done on AHS. She's fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 22402/27/2013

I know the location where the 3rd season will be filming, and y'all pretty much guessed it on here.

by Anonymousreply 22503/04/2013

Murphy said that Bates' character is truly evil, far more twisted than the character she played in Misery--and that the character is based on an actual person! Ulp!

by Anonymousreply 22603/04/2013

I've never watched this show, but have heard so many good things about it that I'm going to give it a try. FX is running a marathon this weekend-- Seven episodes Friday night (beginning at 10PM) and six more on Saturday night (beginning at 11PM.) My DVR is set!

I assume that covers the entire season, correct? (I don't want to read this thread so I won't be spoiled, but didn't want to start a new one either.)

by Anonymousreply 22708/22/2013

R227, yes, that's the complete second season.

Be warned, however, that the second season gets pretty intense. I really enjoyed it, but there were plenty of (presumably old) people here bitching and moaning about the tone.

by Anonymousreply 22808/22/2013

Finally watching Asylum because it's now on Netflix. How did Quinto and Paulson lose those Emmys? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 22912/16/2013

Catching up on this after finally discovering AHS. Great show. I did not think I would get as invested in Asylum as I did with season 1, but that changed very quickly. I hope the next two are as well done.

by Anonymousreply 23010/08/2014

R230, Asylum is the best season. Coven starts out good, but becomes a mess full of plot holes. I will say that it does feature some of the best dialogue and acting of the series. But plot wise, it's frustrating to watch.

Freak Show is supposed to go back to the Asylum formula, so I'm hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 23110/08/2014

I am rewatching Asylum and,reading this here thread plus the other two ones becore, I got someone revealed the plot to Coven way before it was officially divulged... Ryan is it you? Love your work, sir!! I want to be likr you one day.

by Anonymousreply 23202/08/2015

Ouch, typos... Sorry guys.

by Anonymousreply 23302/08/2015
Need more help? Click Here.