Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Twitter question

How does one send a picture via twitter?

In reading their FAG it would seem the photo has to be on a hosting site, yet all of these nudes that appear get tweeted and re-tweeted with folks claiming that they were accidental.

How can you accidentally post a photo to a hosting site, tweet it and not know?

by Anonymousreply 901/17/2013

None of you ever twat?

by Anonymousreply 101/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 201/17/2013

If you tweet using a smart phone or an app, it uploads the photo automatically. You never actually access or visit the photo hosting site. Like to tweet a photo from a phone, you just click the little camera icon on the bottom of the tweet field, which brings up your phone's photo gallery, click on the pic you want to upload, and it does it. If you're not being careful it's fairly easy to accidentally hit the wrong photo, like hit the photo next to the one you intended to upload.

A lot of accidental tweets happen when people try to send someone a direct message (which is private) but it ends up being posted as a tweet instead.

Of course, a lot of accidental nude pic tweets are on purpose, but it's not impossible to do it by accident. I've accidentally tweeted (boring) things before.

by Anonymousreply 301/17/2013

Twitter has its own photo hosting thing now. Whether you upload the pic on the web version or on a smartphone or tablet app, the photo is posted as a link to It's automatic; no visiting a photo hosting site necessary.

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2013

Can I do it via computer If I don't have it on a phone, pad etc..

I just see the blank space for a tweet and no way to put a photo in.

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2013

R5, it's the camera icon under the form where you write the tweet.

by Anonymousreply 601/17/2013

Thanks R6.

I reloaded the page and it appeared.

by Anonymousreply 701/17/2013

Direct messages are private and you can send links and pictures using them. Anyone looking at your profile can see them if they are uploaded using twitter directly or by checking on yfrog or any open profile.

by Anonymousreply 801/17/2013

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 901/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!