Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stephen Spielberg and his wife shielded their kids from the paparazzi

So did Warren Beatty and Annette. All these other celebrities must be intentionally exposing their kids to the media.

by Anonymousreply 5001/19/2013

I think Stefani calls them (photographers) every time she goes out with her kids. And she's always camera ready in some hipster outfit with not a hair out of place. Not a coincidence. Trouble is, the kids are fugly.

by Anonymousreply 101/17/2013

You rarely see Matt Damon with his kids. But you see the Afflecks papped daily.

Stefani, the Afflecks, Brangelina, that red-headed Hannigan chick with the cute kids, that tall brunette VS model from LA with the little girl, Miranda Kerr - they are tabloid mainstays. They call the paps. The photogs just don't happen to show up where they are all the time.

by Anonymousreply 201/17/2013

Tom and Katy have enough money for their child to never be seen yet she was paraded around

by Anonymousreply 301/17/2013

Suri is a prop. She's always been a prop.

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2013

To be fair, Warren Beatty and Annette had more reason than most Hollywood parents to shield their transgendered eldest child from the media.

And r2, to further be fair, you only see the Affleck family papped when either

a) Daddy's made a boo-boo (gambling, strip cluborgy, Blake Lively, etc.) or

b) Daddy or Mommy's got a movie to shill.

Same with Goop's little bundles of entitlement.

So some celebs have much shrewder pap management than others.

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2013

im not sure i entirely agree, though there are some who are obviously whoring out their children. What would you do if the paparazzi really did follow you everywhere and photos of you were worth more than enough to invade your privacy at any given moment? Can you really shield your children w/ enough money, and would u ever give up?

by Anonymousreply 601/17/2013

Spielberg would never be hounded in the same way - he's a director. Probably the most famous director alive and working, but still, gossip about the people behind the camera typically doesn't sell magazines.

by Anonymousreply 701/17/2013

Susan Lucci never allowed her kids to be photographed when they were young. She was fearful of kidnapping.

by Anonymousreply 1001/17/2013

Sorry R9, but not one of Brad & Angelina's kids is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 1401/17/2013

The jury is still out on your appeal Violet.

by Anonymousreply 1501/17/2013

You have to take into account the era in which their kids grew up. A lot has changed in the last decade or two, hell a lot has changed in the last couple of years. Now anyone can take a picture and there are tons of outlets for celebrity photos. It's a lot harder to shield your kids if you're famous. Even the most guarded people will be ohotographed at least a couple of times.

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

Warren's daughter/son looks just like him.

by Anonymousreply 1701/17/2013

Every morning I see the paps on my corner waiting for SJP and her twins going to school.

They get the same picture all the time. Her, the kids, the nanny.

They used to follow her and the son. Sometimes they'd swarm them. Same thing. Every day. Not sure what the point is.

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2013

JodieFoster was always in the tabs shuttling her kids around.

Take a look at the Daily Mail. 50% of celebrity photos are of females with a baby bump or a child in tow.

by Anonymousreply 2001/17/2013

Interesting point, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2013

I demand privacy when I am parading my children in front of international television. DO NOT notice how they look and react when I demand the cameras be placed on them.

And, in a special note to my mother, I only wish your haze of dementia would clear for a moment, long enough to see how great I am and to demand privacy for your miserable, sickening condition that I talked about and was violated by because people listened to me.

by Anonymousreply 2201/17/2013

LOL, R22.

by Anonymousreply 2301/17/2013

I also think it's where you live. When Reece Witherspoon lived in LA her children were photographed all the time but when she moved out of LA you no longer saw pictures of them. Personally, I don't think magazines should have the right to publish unauthorized pictures of children. So, for example, when the Afflecks walk down the street any photo of them with their kids should have the kids faces blurred out. This would diminish the value of the photo, give the child privacy and it would allow the public to know which celebrity is fame hungry enough to exploit their kids by giving the tabloids permission to publish pictures of their children.

by Anonymousreply 2401/17/2013

[quote] Stephen Spielberg and his wife shielded their kids from the paparazzi

That's an assumption made only because you personally don't see photos of these kids. The fact is that no one would pay money for photos of Spielberg's kids. So no one bothers them. Ditto Matt Damon's kids and even Warren Beatty's until there was a "scandal" of sorts.

If the parent isn't hounded by paps then you can rest assured neither will their offspring.

But one of the posters above is correct - I see photos of tons of celeb kids on certain photo agency sites but they obviously aren't selling because they rarely make the newspapers or even the tabs and gossip sites. You usually can, however, see lots of kid photos on specific celebrity fan sites.

Jennifer Garner was never hounded by the paps (unless it was a pap trying to get her cheating on her husband/boyfriends) so it is curious that all of a sudden she is seen and papped everywhere with her kids.

by Anonymousreply 2501/17/2013

And she never looks happy about it r20. Not everyone calls the paps and she's one of the ones that doesn't. Believe it not, some are caught by accident/luck.

by Anonymousreply 2601/17/2013

You also have to take in that not all celebrities are interesting to the public.

by Anonymousreply 2701/17/2013

Oh bullshit r22. She has protected those kids for years. Most people's first glimps of them was last year and now they are older. She's done a great job protecting them. How much of them do you know?

by Anonymousreply 2801/17/2013

So funny how Tammy's two adopted kids were rarely seen yet along comes Suri and she was shoved in front of cameras until she developed an obvious phobia. Now that she's away from him and the cult she is photographed a lot less than before. Still photographed but nothing like before. I think Tom still calls them when he gets visitation as in "See what a wonderful father I am".

Jessica Alba always looks pissed when they are tailing her and her kids around.

by Anonymousreply 2901/17/2013

sorry, I mean I totally agree with r24 (and r4)

by Anonymousreply 3101/17/2013

"I don't think magazines should have the right to publish unauthorized pictures of children. So, for example, when the Afflecks walk down the street any photo of them with their kids should have the kids faces blurred out."

This is what is actually done in the EU, r24.Due to data and privacy protection directives, the children of famous people are generally not considered "public figures", and therefore their photos cannot be published unaltered without explicit parental consent.

And r29, Jessica Alba ALWAYS looks pissed. It's her standard expression, except when she's on a red carpet. So that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't call the paps herself to help sell more of her eco-friendly diapers, or whatever shit she's shilling.

by Anonymousreply 3201/17/2013

Spielberg planted hundreds of thousands of dollars of mature trees around his Lily Pond estate and bought surrounding homes and had them demolished in the 1990s. That's one of the reasons why you didn't see his kids growing up.

by Anonymousreply 3301/17/2013

Who is Stefani?

by Anonymousreply 3401/17/2013

Jessica Alba always looks happy to be papped. If it weren't for them the public would have forgotten her long ago.

by Anonymousreply 3501/17/2013

R18 there was a pap documentary where they talked specifically about SJP and how she only walks her son to school the morning after a red event because her hair has been done (this was before the twins). They talked about how the neighbors yell at them but they know she wants them to take her photo. I bet she stopped taking the son to school because she knows photos of the twins will sell. I think Jen Garner is much worse than Brangelina you only see the Brangelina kids when there is a project but Garner is constantly 'taking the kids for ice cream' or going to the paparazzi pumpkin patch. The fact that she makes herself as frau as possible only shows she's got double the cunning of Brangelina. Garner has no career other than Mrs. Ben Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 3601/17/2013

Gwen Stefani R34.

by Anonymousreply 3701/17/2013

Thanks r37, I was reading it as the first name Stephanie

by Anonymousreply 3801/17/2013

I don't recall ever seeing a pap photo of Jodie Foster's sons until last year when someone posted it here on DL. She and the kids were returning books to the library. Hardly a place where the paps hang out. And, outside of the red carpet, I've never seen any pictures of Damon's wife and very few pap photos of him and none of their kids.

If celebrities value their privacy and their families' privacy, they can do things to protect it. Do not make an excessive presence of yourself at events; stick with the projects you are promoting. Do not attend the opening of an envelope. Do not make frequent stops at name night clubs or dine at the latest hot spots. Avoid Las Vegas altogether. Do not provide photos of your baby shower, birthday party, wedding, or miscellaneous event to magazines. Do not pose for provocative or controversial photo spreads when you are the object of rumors. Really, avoid such photo spreads period no matter the timing. Do not go to places L.A. where you can be seen. Surely, there are good grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, playgrounds, etc. that are a little out of the way or not frequented by the paps. Mix it up. Go to different places to throw them off.

I'm sure there are lots of others like Foster and Damon. I don't think I could name them. They're not in my awareness probably because they're not actively seeking to be part of a PR machine.

by Anonymousreply 3901/17/2013

TONS of Jodie Foster photos with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 4001/17/2013

I've seen photos of Jodie's sons through the years. I remember specifically a picnic and shopping trips.

by Anonymousreply 4101/17/2013

[quote]Susan Lucci, ever the drama queen. When was the last time a celeb's kid got kidnapped? And a minor celeb at that?

She was probably freaked out by Calvin Klein's daughter's kidnapping in the late '70s in NYC. She was held for ransom which Klein paid. I think they were caught.

by Anonymousreply 4201/17/2013

Stephen Spielberg and his wife shielded their kids from the paparazzi. So did Warren Beatty and Annette

yes, but they have talent. The other Hollywood losers who constantly expose their children to everyone don't have any talent (except for David Beckham -he at least has talent).

by Anonymousreply 4301/17/2013

I remember reading about Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling shielding her kids from being photographed as well. In England there is some law where celebs can legally demand that their underage kids are off limits and pictures of them cannot be published without the celebrities' consent.

I do believe that there is interest in the private lives of Hollywood's movers and shakers like Spielberg, but they are powerful enough to demand that their right for privacy is being honored by the press which doesn't want to piss these powerful people off.

Celebs who are less powerful just live outside Hollywood and avoid paparazzi hot spots (like that famous restaurant where you always see Jen Aniston enter or leave) when they want to avoid their private lives to become media fodder.

The ones who do have pictures with their families out and about have agreed for these pictures to be published. Usually it's to establish a (picture perfect) family friendly image or to do damage control (to diffuse rumors that there's trouble in picture perfect paradise).

by Anonymousreply 4401/17/2013

[quote]yes, but they have talent. The other Hollywood losers who constantly expose their children to everyone don't have any talent (except for David Beckham -he at least has talent).

This may be some reason for it. The truly talented like Streep don't need to whore their kids out. Cruise and others like him need constant PR to cover the fact they really aren't that talented. As far as Beckham I think Victoria is the one responsible for whoring the kids out. Tom Hanks and his wife are another couple who managed to keep their kids under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 4501/17/2013

Agree with R2, just add Alba and Heidi Klum, and those are the mainstays on the blogs. I mean who really cares about Alba, Klum, Ambrosio, Kerr etc... for them to get followed daily?

Notice, Brangelina and their kids can disappear when they want to. While I think Jennifer Garner is a good mom, no way are all those daily pap shots random. If the celebs want to disappear, they can. I would never be able to identify Robert Deniro, Sean Penn or Julia Roberts kids. The latter 2 I loathe, but they truly seem to want privacy for their kids.

by Anonymousreply 4601/17/2013

Yeah, it's totally possible to shield your celeb kids if you want to.

by Anonymousreply 4701/19/2013

James Cagney shielded his wife and five children

by Anonymousreply 4801/19/2013

[quote]So did Warren Beatty and Annette.

That worked out well.

by Anonymousreply 4901/19/2013

The children exposed are almost certainly props to forward some kind of agenda.

Actors who shield:

Sean Penn

Mel Gibson...I mean he's got like a dozen, and I haven't seen any.

Robert De Niro

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 5001/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!