Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A Message To The 'Left' From A 'Right Wing Extremist'

Some discoveries are exciting, joyful, and exhilarating, while others can be quite painful.  Stumbling upon the fact that you do not necessarily have a competent grasp of reality, that you have in fact been duped for most of your life, is not a pleasant experience.  While it may be a living nightmare to realize that part of one’s life was, perhaps, wasted on the false ideas of others, enlightenment often requires that the worldview that we were indoctrinated with be completely destroyed before we can finally resurrect a tangible identity and belief system.  To have rebirth, something must first die...

In 2004, I found myself at such a crossroads.  At that time I was a dedicated Democrat, and I thought I had it all figured out.  The Republican Party was to me a perfect sort of monster.  They had everything!  Corporate puppet masters.  Warmongering zealots.  Fake Christians.  Orwellian social policies.  The Bush years were a special kind of horror.  It was cinematic.  Shakespearean.  If I was to tell a story of absolute villainy, I would merely describe the mass insanity and bloodlust days of doom and dread wrought by the Neo-Con ilk in the early years of the new millennium.

But, of course, I was partly naïve...

The campaign rhetoric of John Kerry was eye opening.  I waited, day after day, month after month for my party’s candidate to take a hard stance on the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I waited for a battle cry against the Patriot Act and the unconstitutional intrusions of the Executive Branch into the lives of innocent citizens.  I waited for a clear vision, a spark of wisdom and common sense.  I waited for the whole of the election for that man to finally embrace the feelings of his supporters and say, with absolute resolve, that the broken nation we now lived in would be returned to its original foundations.  That civil liberty, freedom, and peace, would be our standard once again.  Unfortunately, the words never came, and I realized, he had no opposition to the Bush plan.  He was not going to fight against the wars, the revolving door, or the trampling of our freedoms.  Indeed, it seemed as though he had no intention of winning at all.

by Anonymousreply 5801/29/2013

So this guy is in favor of the GREATER of two evils? They always start out with the false assumption that Liberals LOVE the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 101/16/2013

This last want list in R7 is no different than what the left wants for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 801/16/2013

So he doesn't think he's naive anymore? I couldn't parse out what exactly he or she is trying to say.

He's frustrated with Obama? Ok - I can see that. But there's been a lot of obstruction too.

The whole article is word soup, falling on cliches about progressives.

What a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 901/16/2013

The rants of a madman. Just like Mein Kampf.

by Anonymousreply 1001/16/2013

Paragraphs are your friend, RWE.

by Anonymousreply 1101/16/2013

[quote]I guess publick edumakashun worked, since you're too stupid to grasp such a simple concept.

ROFL.... Oh, the irony....

Oh, and dear heart, we know how to click a link. You didn't need to copy that long, clueless, pointless, drivel verbatim.

by Anonymousreply 1301/16/2013

This rambling post reminds me of boys in junior high waving their hands in the air and going "I want a debate! We need to have a debate!" when all they really wanted was to insult other students. They were never as smart as they thought either. It is very boring to be accused of groupthink all the time....

by Anonymousreply 1401/16/2013

This guy - the OP, I assume is the same person who wrote it - is a lunatic. Why are there SO MANY LUNATICS out there lately? Is it the fact of a black president that sent the over the edge?

by Anonymousreply 1501/16/2013

[quote]Then why not provide a rebuttal?

Because there is literally nothing there to rebut, dear. It's wholly unsupported drivel, devoid of logic, reason, or data.

by Anonymousreply 1801/16/2013

You're a mess, OP/17. The fact that you agree with this guy's bullshit completely invalidates your opinion on ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 1901/16/2013

[quote]used to be a democrat until I realized that they are just rethuglicans that pretend to care.

ROFL.... Sure, dear, whatever you say.

[quote]If you disagree, pick one issue, any single issue, and provide a response.

ROFLMAO.... Oh, the humanity!

by Anonymousreply 2001/16/2013

He's still an idiot.

Anybody who thinks gays are a collectivist group of some kind has never participated in any gay organization. They are like herding cats.

Anyone who thinks taxing the rich and supporting the poor is some kind of bomb throwing revolutionary is not dealing on the plane of reality.

Libertarians are just folk who would be Hitler if they had the guts.

by Anonymousreply 2101/16/2013

Agreed. This really doesn't make any sense at all haha.

by Anonymousreply 2201/16/2013

"If you disagree, pick one issue, any single issue, and provide a response."

Reproductive rights. Thuglicans are for personhood amendments, transvaginal ultrasounds, abstinence ed (leading to pregnancy), and outlawing commonly available birth control methods they don't like. Quite a few support bringing pregnancies to term in the case of rape. They revile president Obama for having the termerity to state that he'd rather not have one of his daughters get pregnant in their teens.

Democrats are far more sensible about birth control and family planning. That is a fact and you know it. So much for getting government off our backs!

by Anonymousreply 2301/16/2013

DADT repeal

Dream Act

Withdrawal of support for DOMA

Ending the war in Iraq

Ending the war in Afaghanistan

Assuring vastly more available healthcare with the Affordable Health Care Act

Support for gay marriage

The Lily Ledbetter Act

Saving the American auto industry through intervention

Executive orders for gun control

That'll do as a start.

by Anonymousreply 2401/16/2013

Dear Liberals, please let conservative run the government. Come on, think of all 50 states being just like Mississippi. Mmmm. Makes my 3 incher rock hard. And we could shoot more things too. Can I get a yee haw for Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 2501/16/2013

Harvard and MIT versus Ole Miss. Of course Harvard is tainted by groupthink and Ole Miss is full of independent thinkers. That's why everyone all over the world is dying to go to Ole Miss and not Harvard or MIT.

by Anonymousreply 2601/16/2013

No-no-no, OP. You're quite wrong. You need a new hobby. You're not suited for politics or philosophy.

by Anonymousreply 2701/16/2013

I can read anything written by someone who uses the word "tyranny" not meaning it in jest.

by Anonymousreply 2801/16/2013

After the first few sentences I realized it was going to be nothing but drivel so I bailed.

You're a fuckwit, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2901/16/2013

This guy is a moron and so is R2.

by Anonymousreply 3001/16/2013

Today's reminder that Libertarians are complete fucking idiots is brought to you by Goldline. Remember, when hyperinflation hits and fascist thugs take your pot away from you, you can always count on Gold!

by Anonymousreply 3101/16/2013

I thought that these libertarian Paulbots disappeared into the pot haze inside their own asses after the election.

by Anonymousreply 3201/16/2013

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

by Anonymousreply 3401/16/2013

It is funny to see him decry "government" as the great evil in the world fighting against "the people" and then in the next paragraph admonish liberals for thinking only in terms of "groups."

by Anonymousreply 3501/16/2013

It calls from the mud complaining that others have somehow been spattered as it spits at them.

by Anonymousreply 3601/17/2013

[quote]I thought that these libertarian Paulbots disappeared into the pot haze inside their own asses after the election.

Nah, this one has been around for years, a particularly stubborn example of the breed. Clueless, of course, but that goes with the territory.

by Anonymousreply 3701/17/2013

His tone is so condescending. It's like listening to a prisoner talk about how they found if they were the first person to have undergone this change.

by Anonymousreply 3801/17/2013

I doubt this guy was ever a democrat. If he was he would never, ever have gone over to the far right. The far right are mentally ill fascist bullies.

by Anonymousreply 3901/17/2013

No, some former democrats are smart enough to see that they are just as bloodthirsty as Rethuglicans.

Libertarians are the only people that see how fascism has creeped in and corrupted our government.

by Anonymousreply 4001/20/2013

Written by 'Tyler Durden'. That's all you really need to know about this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 4101/20/2013

urf. OP?

by Anonymousreply 4201/20/2013

[quote]No, some former democrats are smart enough to see that they are just as bloodthirsty as Rethuglicans.

Well, sure, if you're a paranoid moron. To the rest of us, not so much.

[quote]Libertarians are the only people that see how fascism has creeped in and corrupted our government.

You just keep thinking that, dear. The rest of us will get on with our lives out here in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 4301/20/2013

or just punish him with logic.

by Anonymousreply 4501/20/2013

Nah, he's immune to that, R45.

by Anonymousreply 4601/20/2013

Give it a rest OP! BTW...MLK was a republician!

by Anonymousreply 4701/21/2013

MLK wouldn't have been one in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 4801/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2013

Christ, another one of those threads where it's just one guy talking to himself. Live life outside of your paranoid mind, and don't vote against your own interests, sweetheart. That'ts all there is to it. The right wing is near death for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 5101/28/2013

Both the Dems and Repugs are the two parties of US imperialism!

by Anonymousreply 5201/28/2013

The left wing is dying too, and libertarianism and freedom are winning.

by Anonymousreply 5301/28/2013

Everyone knows Tyler's a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 5401/28/2013

yawn - liberty troll....

but at least you paid 18$

by Anonymousreply 5501/28/2013

Is there a brief summary of this mess?

I'm sure it is interesting on some level but I'm too tired from my third job to read it all.

by Anonymousreply 5601/28/2013

(D)s and (R)s are interested in reelection. They will do and say anything to get votes.

Until we destroy DC, and devolve all political power to the local level, things will get worse. Civil liberty will die, government will murder and spy with impunity, and the Federal Reserve will print money to enrich the Banksters and impoverish the poor and middle class.

by Anonymousreply 5701/29/2013

...and pressing delete.

by Anonymousreply 5801/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!