Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Lawrence does damage control.

Regarding "The Meryl comment".

Apparently Lindsay Lohan started the Twitter outrage, by tearing Jennifer a new asshole.

Who the fuck even knows the lines to THE FIRST WIVES CLUB by heart anyway? Just admit it was a lame joke that flopped.

I do find it amusing that Streep hasn't replied, however.

by Anonymousreply 3101/20/2013

I don't understand why this is in any way controversial.

by Anonymousreply 101/16/2013

It's not, R1. But anything is better than discussing the real problems we are facing in this country.

by Anonymousreply 201/16/2013

Lohan must be soooo jealous.

by Anonymousreply 301/16/2013

You mean like contributing fifty posts to the I hate Anne Hathaway thread R2?

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2013

I like it, that while explaining the quote, she is not apologetic at all. She actually called Lohan and others, who misunderstood it, idiots.

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2013

Why isn't Congress investigating this OUTRAGE?

by Anonymousreply 601/17/2013

I agree R5. J-Law is pretty tough, I think.

by Anonymousreply 701/17/2013

Apparently OP doesn't realise it's 2013 and Lohan is now a hooker while Lawrence is getting the Oscar noms than Lindsay thought she'd get.

by Anonymousreply 801/17/2013

You would have to be a moron to have taken Lawrence's comment seriously. She even said something like, "But all joking aside..." after she said it. Lohan is pure attention whore garbage at this point.

by Anonymousreply 901/17/2013

"I do find it amusing that Streep hasn't replied, however."

Why would she bother? She's not the sort to get into public tit-for-tats.

Besides, she's adult enough to know a joke when she hears one.

by Anonymousreply 1001/17/2013

Lohan is dumber than Paris Hilton. She shouldn't even have Twitter "privileges."

by Anonymousreply 1101/17/2013

Storm in a tea cup.

The joke was cute, she was paying homage to a legend, and nobody should be upset about this. Meryl certainly isn't.

Now as for Ann...

by Anonymousreply 1201/17/2013

Lindsay Lohan is jealous because JL has talent, a career and isn't a crackhead. She's starting to remind me an awful lot of Sarah Palin. She'll say anything for attention and her career is over.

by Anonymousreply 1301/17/2013

I forgive Jennifer. Life is tough enough for fat girls without having to suffer the wraith of the greatest actress ever.

by Anonymousreply 1501/17/2013

Isn't there a new Razzie category,worst actress in a TV movie? Or something even worse..... Well Ms Hohan you've just scored yourself a lifetime achievement ward!

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

"I'm not on Twitter. But Twitter is very upset."

Now there's a truth for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 1701/17/2013

The joke flopped; however, Lindsay shouldn't be getting all self-righteous and sanctimonious.

Lindsay dear, let it go and take the high road. You have far greater issues about which to worry concerning your own image and career.

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2013

[quote] Lindsay dear, let it go and take the high road. You have far greater issues about which to worry concerning your own image and career

She is taking the high road. She just did a FOUR WAY SEX SCENE in her newest flop of a movie, The Canyons

by Anonymousreply 1901/17/2013

OP Streep has the flu and she is marvelous in it.

by Anonymousreply 2001/17/2013

I thought the joke was cute, it wasn't a flop. I loved it on Letterman when she said, "I thought about making a public statement like, 'Hey idiots, it's a joke...'" She's funny.

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2013

It was obviously a joke and some idiots in the media needed a story. Why is this getting any play?

She needs no "damage control."

by Anonymousreply 2301/17/2013

THe joke is on Lohan. She'll do anything to pretend she's relevant.

by Anonymousreply 2401/17/2013

I think the media would have taken it more serious and used the opportunity to give Jennifer a mean spoiled bitch reputation if it weren't for Lindsay Lohan leading the 'how dare you to disrespect Merryl?' mob. Nobody in the media wants to agree or side with Lindsay Lohan in anything.

by Anonymousreply 2501/17/2013

Is she one of my daughters? It is getting so confusing. How many do I have now?

by Anonymousreply 2601/17/2013

The studios badly need someone to fill Julia Roberts' shoes. Lawrence is a very credible contender. They're not about to trash a potential money machine.

(I like Lawrence a lot and think she's the real thing, btw.)

by Anonymousreply 2701/17/2013

[quote] Who the fuck even knows the lines to THE FIRST WIVES CLUB by heart anyway? Just admit it was a lame joke that flopped.

The same thing happened to Sally Field with the "You like me, you really like me" thing. At the end of Norma Rae, Ron Lieberman says a bunch of gushing things about her and she responds "Reuben, I think you like me!" That's what she was referencing with the "like me" stuff, but of course most people didn't realize it. It was the same with Lawrence, so what it's a line from a movie, most people don't remember it and a lot of people never saw that movie in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 2801/17/2013

Meryl's own daughter didn't even get the joke.

And then to be annoyed about it on Letterman. Get a grip, dear. Like the center of the universe is in tune with your inner thinking.

Is she aspiring to become another Gwyneth?

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2013

Lawrence looks like the Assistant Manager at a Stuckey's in Tennessee. Third shift.

by Anonymousreply 3001/20/2013

I like this Lawrence gal.

by Anonymousreply 3101/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!