Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dennis Kucinich joining Fox News

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 16, 2013

Former Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich of Ohio has joined Fox News Channel and Fox Business as a paid contributor, TV Newser reports.

“Through 16 years in Congress and two presidential campaigns, Fox News has always provided me with an opportunity to share my perspective with its enormous viewership,” Kucinich said in a statement. “I look forward to a continuation of our relationship this time as a Fox News contributor.”

by Anonymousreply 3001/19/2013

Uh-huh. Well okay then, I'll check off one box on the Signs of the Apocalypse scorecard.

One thing's for sure, he's no Alan Colmes. He's not going to just sit there while those fuckwits spout all kinds of nonsense. I give it a year before they get rid of him. They won't be able to take it.

by Anonymousreply 101/16/2013

What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 201/16/2013

Shouldn't this have been posted in the "Wee Cocks" thread?

by Anonymousreply 301/16/2013

Does Kucinich need a job that badly?

by Anonymousreply 501/16/2013

Congressional Democrats and Obama make Democrats look bad. Nothing Kucinich says or does can do anything but help those sellouts.

by Anonymousreply 701/16/2013

I think that old fool Murdoch has finally realized he was wrong. Trouble is, his demon spawn won't have made this journey.

by Anonymousreply 801/16/2013

No R7 - they don't.

Obama actually looks pretty good, and the Congressional Democrats look better than the Congressional Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 901/16/2013

Kucinich will be quickly dubbed 'Dennis the Menace' by all the other annoying, animated cartoon characters at Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 1001/16/2013

[quote]I think that old fool Murdoch has finally realized he was wrong.

What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 1101/16/2013

R2. I am from Cleveland, I can tell you Dennis is NOT an idiot. He is however silly. there is a difference. r5, yes, he needs the job, Dennis isn't rich. in fact, when he got booted out of city Hall, he ended up working in a bowling alley to make ends meet. he couldn't practice law, I don't thi k he knew how, and he had no rich supporters to take care of him, becuase he didn't use his office of mayor to take care of them.

by Anonymousreply 1201/16/2013

R12, doesn't he have a Congressional pension coming to him, and other politically-related activities to pursue?

by Anonymousreply 1301/16/2013

Question from a clueless European who has never watched Fox News: does the station employ other progressives? What is their "function"?

by Anonymousreply 1401/16/2013

[quote]Obama actually looks pretty good, and the Congressional Democrats look better than the Congressional Republicans.

link.

by Anonymousreply 1501/16/2013

R14 - FOX has an occasional liberal on to make liberals look bad. They also have moderate or moderate conservatives (yes, I'm talking to you - Juan Williams) that they present as liberals. It's a way of moving the political center to the right.

by Anonymousreply 1601/16/2013

r14 Fox news is an arm of the Republican Party pretending to be a "fair and balanced" news channel. They will usually hire one or two Liberal Democrats and put them on a show with 3 or 4 Ultra wing nut conservatives so they can laugh at his opinions.

by Anonymousreply 1701/16/2013

Thanks for your reply, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1801/16/2013

R15 Even Ras has Dems leading Reps in generic ballot

by Anonymousreply 1901/16/2013

...and R17.

by Anonymousreply 2001/16/2013

R15 Dems in Congress have 39 percent approval rating, Republicans have 25 percent.

by Anonymousreply 2101/16/2013

Rupert Murdoch started as a Laborite in Australia. He then turned conservative and obviously felt he could undermine and direct the governments of the whole English speaking world. But now, he may be realizing, since he didn't start off a conservative nutcase, that maybe he was wrong, that it was a mistake to sponsor these dumbass nutjobs just because he could.

by Anonymousreply 2201/16/2013

Fox News Channel was created by Rupert Murdoch as notorious conservative. It's mantra is that all the other media is biased towards Liberals. They shouted that for months and months and oddly enough it stuck. They targeted the Hee Haw, country and western, nascar folks. One example they used was the death of Dale Ernhardt. They pointed out that good conservative newspapers had it front page but liberal NYT burried it (when in fact it was front page on NYT too - they just showed a different edition).

The crowning moment for Fox News was in the 2000 election when all the other networks were calling florida for Gore, Fox called it for Bush (the head of Fox News was Bush's cousin..go figure..fair and balanced huh?).

This lead to the whole stealing the election debacle.

by Anonymousreply 2301/17/2013

R23, the stealing of the election took place on the ground, not on Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 2401/17/2013

R13. probably, but it's probably not huge, he will make more money at fox then he ever made in congress. as for political activities, that's sort of a euphemism for letting your rich supporters take care of you,,,big business interests, like GW took care of Ronald regan when he first got into politics. Dennis never courted those types, never sold out. So, no.

by Anonymousreply 2501/18/2013

[quote]They pointed out that good conservative newspapers had it front page but liberal NYT burried it (when in fact it was front page on NYT too - they just showed a different edition).

That was Ann Coulter's faux pas, not Fox News.'

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013

What could it hurt?

He's odd enough to appeal to, and perhaps communicate with, that viewership--which, heaven knows, is tunnel-visioned--and I'm glad he can make a living.

by Anonymousreply 2701/18/2013

Kucinich was never about advancing liberalism. He was about his own political future.

He became unpopular in OH because he neglected his job to become a perennial Presidential candidate.

by Anonymousreply 2801/18/2013

R25 GW=GE. I meant to write GE took care of Regan.

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2013

"Kucinich was never about advancing liberalism. He was about his own political future." I don't agree. Dennis was always sincere, Dennis really wanted to make life better, he was right about so many things and did a lot of good.The problem is as I wrote earlier, Dennis K. Is silly He has said and done so many silly things that it killed his credibility.

"He became unpopular in OH because he neglected his job to become a perennial Presidential candidate." Now here I agree with you. Dennis in all his silliness wanted to run for president,he wanted the attentions and he wanted the platform to air his opinions since people had stopped listening g to him Unfortunately, it created a lot of resentment Ashe ignored his constituency.

by Anonymousreply 3001/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.